• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Amy On The Radio

Started by JesusJuice, April 20, 2016, 11:38:15 PM

Quote from: Harvey Weinstein on October 18, 2017, 05:40:36 PM
Is Amy sick, again?

DOn't know.  Usually there is an update on her twitter feed but nothing so far.

However, whoever is on the Deep Talk stream right now seems to have an interesting show on right now:

http://ch1.deeptalkradio.com:9266/stream

Seems like the show is called Mysterious Radio and apparently the lady hosting goes by Kim Style.   
She asks pretty decent questions of the guest. Of course I've listened to Noory lately so it's hard to judge.

albrecht

I think it will be something insect related. I'm losing track but I think we've already done arachnids, allergies, operations, weather 'events,' and technical problems. Could be rodent related? Hopefully not Lassa Fever....
Internet radio talk show hosts: the most dangerous job in the world.

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on October 18, 2017, 06:22:16 PM
I think it will be something insect related. I'm losing track but I think we've already done arachnids, allergies, operations, weather 'events,' and technical problems. Could be rodent related? Hopefully not Lassa Fever....
Internet radio talk show hosts: the most dangerous job in the world.

Fall fell.

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on October 18, 2017, 06:33:27 PM
Olive Garden Explosion

I knew that "all you can eat" breadsticks and pasta promotion would have some blowback.

PrairieGhost

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on October 18, 2017, 06:21:02 PM
Seems like the show is called Mysterious Radio and apparently the lady hosting goes by Kim Style.   
She asks pretty decent questions of the guest. Of course I've listened to Noory lately so it's hard to judge.

https://www.mysteriousradio.com

Mysterious Radio is hosted by K-Town. Kim Style is the producer.

Nobody

Can someone please help clear up a minor point?

When AM appealed to her listeners for an air-conditioning unit last year, was it done along the lines of, "Hey, everyone, I really need an AC unit if I'm going to continue to do the show"?

Or did she, instead, make the appeal without bringing her programme into it?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Nobody on October 24, 2017, 05:57:01 AM
Can someone please help clear up a minor point?

When AM appealed to her listeners for an air-conditioning unit last year, was it done along the lines of, "Hey, everyone, I really need an AC unit if I'm going to continue to do the show"?

Or did she, instead, make the appeal without bringing her programme into it?

I don’t remember an actual appeal. I just remember her having to take long breaks during the show and complaining how hot it was.

I think the AC purchase was a surprise to her. I may have missed something though.

ShayP

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 24, 2017, 09:40:24 AM
I don’t remember an actual appeal. I just remember her having to take long breaks during the show and complaining how hot it was.

I think the AC purchase was a surprise to her. I may have missed something though.

My recollection is that one of those online fundraising (Kickstarter, GoFundMe, etc) was used as an appeal to get an AC unit.  I also recall a photo posted showing it was 80 degrees where she was doing the show.  Boo hoo.  I'm also pretty sure a BellGabber paid the majority of money for the AC unit.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ShayP on October 24, 2017, 10:09:26 AM
My recollection is that one of those online fundraising (Kickstarter, GoFundMe, etc) was used as an appeal to get an AC unit.  I also recall a photo posted showing it was 80 degrees where she was doing the show.  Boo hoo.  I'm also pretty sure a BellGabber paid the majority of money for the AC unit.

Do you know if it was one of her fans that started the kickstarter et all?

I really don’t remember her begging for one just complaining how hot it was. Even when she got it she couldn’t run it during the show because it was too noisy if I remember correctly.

ShayP

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 24, 2017, 10:37:23 AM
Do you know if it was one of her fans that started the kickstarter et all?

I really don’t remember her begging for one just complaining how hot it was. Even when she got it she couldn’t run it during the show because it was too noisy if I remember correctly.

I'm not certain but I think she started it, which is fine.  Plenty of people do.  My memory is hazy though.  I could swear she mentioned it either in a post or during a show.   

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ShayP on October 24, 2017, 10:09:26 AM

So come to bellgab and grift for a free AC, skip 80% of your shows, then scurry away because of a few Trump opinions you don't like.  Cool!

She doesn't get my vote.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ShayP on October 24, 2017, 10:49:21 AM
I'm not certain but I think she started it, which is fine.  Plenty of people do.  My memory is hazy though.  I could swear she mentioned it either in a post or during a show.

Found it. That was while I was spending 3 weeks in the woods unplugged.

https://www.gofundme.com/amyneedsac

GravitySucks

Quote from: mv on October 24, 2017, 10:51:35 AM
So come to bellgab and grift for a free AC, skip 80% of your shows, then scurry away because of a few Trump opinions you don't like.  Cool!

She doesn't get my vote.

Sort of like removing features and not doing gabcasts after the Bellgabathon.

ShayP

She doesn't get my vote.

Ha!  That reminds me...

I remember her talking about when her and a bunch of friends met at a lake and held hands to deal with the stress of Trump winning the election.  I mean...really?

Dr. MD MD

She doesn't get my vote.

AAAAAAMMMMYYYYYYYY!!!!!  >:(

bateman

Quote from: ShayP on October 24, 2017, 11:42:14 AM
Ha!  That reminds me...

I remember her talking about when her and a bunch of friends met at a lake and held hands to deal with the stress of Trump winning the election.  I mean...really?

https://youtu.be/q2R2btO4MEo

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 24, 2017, 11:21:35 AM
Sort of like removing features and not doing gabcasts after the Bellgabathon.

oh boy.

the bellgabathon, which was to raise money for the forum's operating expenses, obligated me to do podcasts for you?  holy hell.  look... if the forum goes permanently offline two weeks after a bellgabathon, then you can piss and moan about it.  the difference between a lot of other people and me is that i'd refund every dollar in such a circumstance.

you've been white knighting as viceroy of this broad's protectorate since moment number 1.  it's very unbecoming.  you have that tendency, though, like when you sent heather messages telling her "mv is plotting against your show."  yeah, i know about that.  i realize you thought i never would, but heather told me in one of her many tear-infused skype sessions, which is why i now keep you at arm's length you gossiping, phony fucking yenta.  i'm guessing heather did not fuck you in exchange for that intel, and no, amy is also probably not going to fuck you or anyone else who is capable of personally recalling the kennedy assassination.

you're now free to stop pretending we're "buds."

MV/Liberace!

oh, and by the way, gravitysucks... when amy asks that you not tell everyone about her sun dried raisin ovaries, perhaps you should honor her request rather than send out private messages doing exactly the opposite.  that's your m.o., though... pal one minute, a bleeding back the next.  quite uncouth.

Quote from: mv on October 24, 2017, 12:50:48 PM
oh boy.

the bellgabathon, which was to raise money for the forum's operating expenses, obligated me to do podcasts for you?  holy hell.  look... if the forum goes permanently offline two weeks after a bellgabathon, then you can piss and moan about it.  the difference between a lot of other people and me is that i'd refund every dollar in such a circumstance.

you've been white knighting as viceroy of this broad's protectorate since moment number 1.  it's very unbecoming.  you have that tendency, though, like when you sent heather messages telling her "mv is plotting against your show."  yeah, i know about that.  i realize you thought i never would, but heather told me in one of her many tear-infused skype sessions, which is why i now keep you at arm's length you gossiping, phony fucking yenta.  i'm guessing heather did not fuck you in exchange for that intel, and no, amy is also probably not going to fuck you or anyone else who is capable of personally recalling the kennedy assassination.

Quote from: mv on October 24, 2017, 12:59:15 PM
oh, and by the way, gravitysucks... when amy asks that you not tell everyone about her sun dried raisin ovaries, perhaps you should honor her request rather than send out private messages doing exactly the opposite.  that's your m.o., though... pal one minute, a bleeding back the next.  quite uncouth.

my takeaway from all of this; Amy is incapable of providing me with white babies. damn.

MV/Liberace!

"sun dried raisin ovaries" was a bit harsh.  my apologies.

Quote from: mv on October 24, 2017, 01:26:16 PM
"sun dried raisin ovaries" was a bit harsh.  my apologies.

it’s too late. sob:(

GravitySucks

Quote from: mv on October 24, 2017, 12:50:48 PM
oh boy.

I don’t know if you are serious, in a bad mood or just too sensitive when it comes to a little jab.

1. I was a fan of Amy’s when she first started out. I thought she was bright and brought something new to the podcasting scene. I became less of a fan when she started missing broadcasts over a year ago but understood she was going through medical issues. After her melt down the day after the elction, I dare you to find a post where I was singing her praises. Especially by January when she had not returned and I cancelled my subscription.

2. The “features and Gabcast” was a fucking joke. You made a random dig at Amy. I made a random dig at you. Yeah losing the ability to attach files was a bummer, but did I not make the offer to donate to that cause if the disk space was outrageous. I figured like $30 per year. You told me $30 per month. Since I have not had a paycheck in 22 months I can’t afford $30 per month and told you that.

3. I have no idea what Heather told you or why. If it resembles what you iust typed then it was a lie. Choose who to believe. Her or me. I really don’t give a shit who you choose or why. That says much more about you than it does about me. I never told her anything about you and the forum. I haven’t even heard from her in over a year. I was never friends with her before MITD and I am not a friend with her now.

4. Any PMs I sent you were in the spirit of being a polite user of your forum. Some I gave my opinion. Some I wished you and your family well. I never considered you a friend. More like a sysadmin that you contact when you need them, rib them above their lot in life and share a joke or two along the way. There were times I saw you up late at night, knowing your family was away and just reached out to say hi. I am a father as well, wo my last PM was just to say I hoped youbwere having fin with your family now they are home.

The fact that we both wanted Trump to win was really the only common bond.

Hope the rest of your day goes well.

Praise MV

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 24, 2017, 01:42:26 PM
I don’t know if you are serious, in a bad mood or just too sensitive when it comes to a little jab.

i'm fine.

Yeah losing the ability to attach files was a bummer,

you can still attach certain files.  just not images, since there are countless third party services that can host those images for use here.

3. I have no idea what Heather told you or why. If it resembles what you iust typed then it was a lie. Choose who to believe. Her or me. I really don’t give a shit who you choose or why. That says much more about you than it does about me. I never told her anything about you and the forum. I haven’t even heard from her in over a year. I was never friends with her before MITD and I am not a friend with her now.

when heather told me what you said, she did not say "gravitysucks told me this."  she told me it was someone by the name of ******* *****.  your actual name.  she did not know who you were based on your legal name, but i did.

Hope the rest of your day goes well.

it will.