• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151211 - Brendon Tarpley - Time Traveler

Started by FLLFlash, December 11, 2015, 11:07:20 PM

Quote from: twiki on December 12, 2015, 01:44:43 AM
These calls seem staged.

Promise mine was not. I just decided to call and encourage. Rough night for all Art fans. I don't post enough here to matter.

Claudius

Quote from: superfan on December 12, 2015, 02:09:32 AM
Who benefits from the Dark Matter Network going off the air? Now you know how big business plays.MONEY is everything.
I thought we are supposed to "follow the money"?

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on December 12, 2015, 01:55:54 AM
It's puzzling why these naysayers keep listening to Heather and hanging around BG considering they're so miserable...

It's the mandate of the trolls.

Quote from: Donald Noory on December 12, 2015, 02:12:12 AM
And just to prove how incredibly stupid you are, you actually libeled George Noory by stating he was behind the shootings at Art's house. I may say negative things about Noory, but I would never be so stupid to libel him on a website like this. You should actually be banned for that. MV has stated he doesn't put up with libel. What you did was extremely libelous. You are a MORON.

I said indirectly, Jorch.  You would know all about being banned, wouldn't you?

Claudius

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 12, 2015, 02:35:03 AM
It's the mandate of the trolls.
Having reasonable trolls here is probably for the best. This place really falls to groupthink and typically just becomes an echo chamber without some dissidence.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Claudius on December 12, 2015, 02:38:22 AM
Having reasonable trolls here is probably for the best. This place really falls to groupthink and typically just becomes an echo chamber without some dissidence.

Nice try. Trolls are assholes and the scum of society. There's no apologizing for them and there's no place for them and they should be wiped off the face of the earth.

The best thing for this forum and any forum on the internet is intelligent discussion without taking things too seriously. You can do that without having the fart stink of trolls around.

Coffeeman

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 12, 2015, 02:43:02 AM
Nice try. Trolls are assholes and the scum of society. There's no apologizing for them and there's no place for them and they should be wiped off the face of the earth.

The best thing for this forum and any forum on the internet is intelligent discussion without taking things too seriously. You can do that without having the fart stink of trolls around.

Lecture from a guy taking trolls so seriously. Translation, wrongthink isn't to be condoned nor tolerated.

kingotnw

I'm Tony from Minneapolis, second or third to last caller. I wanted to slam her about dumping Art but I couldn't do it. I just wanted to know if she would own up to it and she did. It was a bad, bad choice. I still am in shock she did it. She may know Art but we don't. That last bit of time feels stolen.  At the end of the day, no matter how angry I was there was a human being on the other side on the phone performing, and she most likely was scared.

I just don't understand why she went to that idiot instead of Art.

People seem disappointed I didn't start screaming. I'm a grown man. I'm not going to tear into some girl I don't know on the phone, likely to get dumped if I do anyways.

What I really realized on the phone was this... I had nothing to say to her. I didn't want to know anything about her, I just wanted to know about Art. Since she essentially dumped him, she didn't get that. She also didn't get that she had the chance to have a major news interview minutes after the event happened and she pissed on that chance. Nothing like that will come again.

I'm done with MITD unless Art comes back.

zmbabwe

Quote from: kingotnw on December 12, 2015, 04:00:29 AM
I'm Tony from Minneapolis, second or third to last caller. I wanted to slam her about dumping Art but I couldn't do it. I just wanted to know if she would own up to it and she did. It was a bad, bad choice. I still am in shock she did it. She may know Art but we don't. That last bit of time feels stolen.  At the end of the day, no matter how angry I was there was a human being on the other side on the phone performing, and she most likely was scared.

I just don't understand why she went to that idiot instead of Art.

People seem disappointed I didn't start screaming. I'm a grown man. I'm not going to tear into some girl I don't know on the phone, likely to get dumped if I do anyways.

What I really realized on the phone was this... I had nothing to say to her. I didn't want to know anything about her, I just wanted to know about Art. Since she essentially dumped him, she didn't get that. She also didn't get that she had the chance to have a major news interview minutes after the event happened and she pissed on that chance. Nothing like that will come again.

Are we sure she dumped Art and he didn't just leave?

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: kingotnw on December 12, 2015, 04:00:29 AM
I'm Tony from Minneapolis, second or third to last caller. I wanted to slam her about dumping Art but I couldn't do it. I just wanted to know if she would own up to it and she did. It was a bad, bad choice. I still am in shock she did it. She may know Art but we don't. That last bit of time feels stolen.  At the end of the day, no matter how angry I was...

Oh please, get a grip! It's only a radio show.

What makes you think Art was willing to hang around and take calls?  Why should he have to defend his actions at all given his family's recent emotional trauma?  This has been going on for at least 2 months, and has clearly taken a toll on he and his family--especially little Asia.  I know I would not be able to sleep at night were someone threatening me and my family.  I can't believe the audacity of people here and elsewhere who expect--even demand--that Art carry on as if it was business as usual.  WTF?!

I think we listeners were fortunate that a retired 70 year old Art Bell returned--5 nights a week (+show prep)--for free!  Art owes us nothing. I consider this past 5 months a bonus, and I've enjoyed the ride. 

Auslandia

OK… Seriously WTF.

1.  If this guy came back in time to meet Art Bell don't you think he could've picked a better time to show up then the very day that Art decided to stop doing a show?  I mean he's a fucking time traveler.

2.  Stead of spending the whole show learning about all of his bullshit why couldn't he just substantiate the fact that he is a time traveler by giving us some information we can actually use? Like one thing that everybody here would probably enjoy knowing is whether art ever comes back on the air.  I mean, no offense Heather but why the hell did you ask him any questions that would   Establish whether he's lying? And, this might be a newsflash but this guy was completely full of shit.  I still don't understand why people continue to go on the radio and do things like this.

3.  I'm not going to bother posting them here  because it really doesn't matter but all recent linguistic studies have shown that there is a homogenization of American culture that has been taking place since the late 1970s. A lot of it has to do with the effects of widespread media and availability to it across the country.  Dialects are slowly  eroding into a more general American accent only separated by a few phrases and words that survive in different regions. Just listen to teenagers today. You only find thick accents in places wher only separated by a few phrases and words that survive in different regions. Just listen to teenagers today.  They all sound the same nearly .   This guy had a thick southern accent  It will likely not exist in the future. Especially 100 years in the future. If anything, his speech pattern should have sounded a little bit off from ours. If you can transport yourself back 100 years and listen to the way the average person talked, we would sound a bit different to them today.

4.  I don't even know why you bothered doing the show with this guy. You could've just done the whole show about art. That's what everybody wanted. His thousands of fans wanted to call and to open lines and talk about how much they are going to miss him, anger, sympathy, etc. I don't know why you would even bother having a guest on in light of  The current circumstances .

onan

Quote from: Auslandia on December 12, 2015, 09:15:47 AM
You could've just done the whole show about art. That's what everybody wanted. His thousands of fans wanted to call and to open lines and talk about how much they are going to miss him, anger, sympathy, etc. I don't know why you would even bother having a guest on in light of  The current circumstances .

Maybe that isn't what Art wanted. Personally, and I know this doesn't set well with many here, there is nothing I can do to change Art's circumstances. The show about Art would be simply this: He isn't doing a show now, or in the near future, maybe never again.

There isn't a paranormal show or guest that cannot be ripped to shreds with logic and quickly available facts. If one is listening to find truth, welcome to disappointment.

Dr. MD MD

And just to prove how incredibly stupid you are, you actually libeled George Noory by stating he was behind the shootings at Art's house. I may say negative things about Noory, but I would never be so stupid to libel him on a website like this. You should actually be banned for that. MV has stated he doesn't put up with libel. What you did was extremely libelous. You are a MORON.

Calm down, Mr. Noory! You still have a show. No need to lash out at Art Bell fans now that you've ruined his show too.

onan

And just to prove how incredibly stupid you are, you actually libeled George Noory by stating he was behind the shootings at Art's house. I may say negative things about Noory, but I would never be so stupid to libel him on a website like this. You should actually be banned for that. MV has stated he doesn't put up with libel. What you did was extremely libelous.

Boo Fucking Hoo. We all know Dave is way too timid to challenge anyone with discussion, let alone guns.

ItsOver

Ha! That was my first thought when I heard the guest.  There's southern rednecks in the future?  This Dukes of Hazzard ride has come to a sorry end. :(

Ciardelo

Things I learned from last night: A hundred years from now, USB port technology and Skype have not been perfected. And a hundred years from now the South is still alive and well.

May God continue to Bless America.

ItsOver

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 12, 2015, 10:26:57 AM
Things I learned from last night: A hundred years from now, USB port technology and Skype have not been perfected. And a hundred years from now the South is still alive and well.

May God continue to Bless America.

There's still some of them there petrol burners, too.  Yee haw!

Auslandia

OK I am about halfway through the show and art is actually interviewing the guest. I don't quite understand what is going on here. So he is off the air but he is on the air interviewing someone? How is that keeping his family safe? I just don't quite get it. P OK I am about halfway through the show and art is actually interviewing the guest. I don't quite understand what is going on here. So he is off the air but he is on the air interviewing someone? How is that keeping his family safe? I just don't quite get it.

I mean the guest is sort of crappy. And Heather was floundering a bit so it's actually a good thing that art came on to turn the show around I guess you could say.  But it still stands to reason that whatever the threat was keeping him off the air is still around and noticing that he is on the air. I don't know. I don't really know what the thread actually is outside of the random shooting.  I'm sure somebody has already brought this up but I can't read back 50 pages LOL .

I'm about to just stop listening because it's mine numbingly boring at this point but did she ever ask about extraterrestrials?  I mean and 2148 and we made contact with ET?

Auslandia

And just for the record, this guy has said the word "Simular" five or six times. I can't imagine whatever agency sanction to time travel would employ dumbasses.

Soylentblue

Quote from: Auslandia on December 12, 2015, 12:45:33 PM
OK I am about halfway through the show and art is actually interviewing the guest. I don't quite understand what is going on here. So he is off the air but he is on the air interviewing someone? How is that keeping his family safe? I just don't quite get it.

You don't get it. I don't get it and I think that most everyone who has read about his leaving radio (again) doesn't get it.

Remember his famous words he is quitting for good. LOL Yeah. Right. Fool me once...

Ciardelo

Quote from: Auslandia on December 12, 2015, 12:54:32 PM
And just for the record, this guy has said the word "Simular" five or six times. I can't imagine whatever agency sanction to time travel would employ dumbasses.
Now you're just being mean. Maybe they pronounce similar "Simular" in the future. I think it clinches the fact the dude was legit.

Auslandia

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 12, 2015, 01:28:34 PM
Now you're just being mean. Maybe they pronounce similar "Simular" in the future. I think it clinches the fact the dude was legit.

You're on to something.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: Auslandia on December 12, 2015, 12:54:32 PM

Don't forget when we were at war and had a president who repeatly said "nuc-u-lur".  Especially frightening given his proximity to the button!

WildCard

What was the bumper music at the beginning? She played it again at the bottom of the hour.
Kind of Roy Orbison but not Roy Orbison. "I don't want to fall in love again(?), but not Carl Perkins.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on December 12, 2015, 02:51:45 PM
Don't forget when we were at war and had a president who repeatly said "nuc-u-lur".  Especially frightening given his proximity to the button!

Yeah, thank God Cheney was really in  charge.

...  wait a second...