• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

ponyboysunset

Quote from: LadyFish on May 04, 2018, 01:16:39 PM
Only one? There’s likely to be more. How committed are you?

Perhaps 5 bullets = $600 = 10 years subscription
Would you take 5 bullets for Heather?
hahahahahahahhaha

Grifynne

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 04, 2018, 12:59:14 PM
I didn’t have that stuff around me as a kid, either. It would have been considered satanic, although my mom did have a book about Nostradamus- I wasn’t allowed to read it. I didn’t get to celebrate Halloween, either.  I’m reliving my childhood, and indulging myself now in everything I wasn’t allowed to indulge in then. We just took our kids to the Mothman Museum last month. ;D

My parents weren't that extreme about it. They didn't care (which is good because I was into some weird shit). I think my dad found the alien thing interesting. He's an atheist so I suspect all other topics would be bullshit to him anyway, but aliens have that scientific thing going for them.

I hope you really indulge now! That's a lot of missed Halloween fun to catch up on. We have relatives who used to do this drive-through haunted house thing (they live on a dirt road, so it was the "haunted lane"). We often participated in that, so Halloween was a pretty big deal for us.  ;D

albrecht

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 04, 2018, 01:16:22 PM
You do realize in one of their last conversations Art told her she was every bit as good as he ever was, and that she is the embodiment of his legacy, right?
I put those comments down to the dodderings of an old, likely heavily medicated, man.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: albrecht on May 04, 2018, 01:09:30 PM
I haven't listened, yet, because I like to binge pod casts rather than listen once a week but if you like mysterious deaths the BBC is doing a podcast on the mystery of the dead woman found outside Bergen in 1970. Nobody could ID her and theories abound from Cold War spy to other theories. Sort of like what happened in Australia with the "Somerton Man." Strange clues but authorities unable to crack the cases.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0646dbd
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamam_Shud_case

Thanks, I'll check them out. Someone here named brody started a thread about missing and murdered people but I didn't like it due to the grisly nature and lack of mystery behind the stories. I think I was especially drawn to the Donald Crowhurst story because I used to be a boat person. I don't want to say mate due to how bellgabbers will run with that word. Also, it is just an interesting story that seems to be played out many times over by many people, not necessarily on the ocean.

Grifynne

Do we have anyone with affiliate experience (or general industry experience) who would like to weigh in on this guy's comment about airing repeats being good for business?

albrecht

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 04, 2018, 01:23:21 PM
Thanks, I'll check them out. Someone here named brody started a thread about missing and murdered people but I didn't like it due to the grisly nature and lack of mystery behind the stories. I think I was especially drawn to the Donald Crowhurst story because I used to be a boat person. I don't want to say mate due to how bellgabbers will run with that word. Also, it is just an interesting story.
Not sure why I'm thinking of Australia but another crazy story is Harold Holt's, Australian PM, who disappeared and never solved. Suicide, kidnapped (and by whom Chinese, Soviets, etc,) simply drowned, shark attack, faked death to run away with a mistress, etc?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Harold_Holt

Bluejay

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 04, 2018, 01:16:22 PM
You do realize in one of their last conversations Art told her she was every bit as good as he ever was, and that she is the embodiment of his legacy, right?

zeebo

Quote from: Dr Who on May 04, 2018, 04:21:35 AM
... I with Art was always coming from a fan boy perspective and even with Heather the person I was protecting was Redacted  (a persona she dumped ) ...

You know what, about Redacted I think I was the same way since we were buds on this board.  But like you point out, that persona is long vanished, so I can separate that history from whatever's going on with HW.  Feels nice to drop that conflict, thanks Dr. Who.

chefist

Quote from: Grifynne on May 04, 2018, 01:24:36 PM
Do we have anyone with affiliate experience (or general industry experience) who would like to weigh in on this guy's comment about airing repeats being good for business?

If the repeats are of Art, then they might get more listeners than HW. However, most media outlets know that repeats cut audiences by 60%.

Bluejay

Quote from: albrecht on May 04, 2018, 01:22:18 PM
I put those comments down to the dodderings of an old, likely heavily medicated, man.

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 04, 2018, 01:19:29 PM
I heard that bullshit live!

Did you make it to the end when the host seemed to feel he should keep it going a little longer, but Heather was done and ready to end it, having said everything she came to say?  During the show there were little tells that she had a list of statements she wanted to make, and once the performance was over she was ready to go

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 04, 2018, 01:20:38 PM
I am sure Art told her a lot of things to get her to shut up.  Those last few months with her living down the road must have been nightmarish.

Quote from: albrecht on May 04, 2018, 01:22:18 PM

That, or now that he's dead she can make any claim about their conversations she wants

ponyboysunset

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 04, 2018, 01:31:25 PM
Did you make it to the end when the host seemed to feel he should keep it going a little longer, but Heather was done and ready to end it, having said everything she came to say?  During the show there were little tells that she had a list of statements she wanted to make, and once the performance was over she was ready to go
I did! This was second listen through. Whole thing IMO was scripted. It's amazing that call got in there about her being Art's mistress. The beautiful thing for her is there is no verifiable way to prove whether or not what she was saying is true. I think most of us realize it's bullshit and fake. No way the grieving widow told her that story about how to locate a podcast host. 

Bluejay

Yep.  She was there for selfish reasons.  I felt bad for the host. 

Jackstar

During the show there were little tells that she had a list of statements she wanted to make, and once the performance was over she was ready to go

Obvious corporate re-branding is obvious.

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 04, 2018, 01:33:33 PM
Whole thing IMO was scripted.

Still--superior to a Clinton presidency.

ItsOver

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 04, 2018, 12:49:12 PM
;D

Thank goodness
;)
I never cared much for rabbit, anyway.  Boiled, fried, or fricasseed. ;)

Maybe Albrecht has a good recipe.

Juan

He may be right for an old fashioned radio station. But Keith is running an internet channel and a substantial (I assume) comes from subscriptions. The subscribers’ benefits are sending questions through the wormhole and downloading archives. Reruns address neither of these.

I’m not sure I understand his reruns until Heather returns comment. Keith owns the old shows, so this guy can’t air them on his own. And does he really expect Heather to return to DMDN?

a is jump

I do think it's weird/funny that KCAA is the station that got sued for illegally playing reruns of Don Imus.

Quote from: Bluejay on May 04, 2018, 01:35:06 PM

That dumb clod had no idea what was going on

Grifynne

Quote from: chefist on May 04, 2018, 01:29:20 PM
If the repeats are of Art, then they might get more listeners than HW. However, most media outlets know that repeats cut audiences by 60%.

That's kinda what I was thinking, but I have zero industry experience so I thought maybe I was just missing something. I am going to assume that the guy who wrote that post is only paying attention to that HW fan club group and not the complaints coming from elsewhere.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 04, 2018, 01:37:42 PM
That dumb clod had no idea what was going on
Sounded high to me. He also was all about giving Heather anything she wanted. Dude better watch out.

zeebo

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 04, 2018, 07:08:00 AM
I wasn't concerned about Art I was concerned about getting lit up on the board more. That soon went away. You can actually see where that turn happened in my posting history. All of a sudden I was like 'fuck this shit' and started posting more what I actually thought. See, bellgab helped me to learn to take shit. So many people quit doing things they love because of what others think. At some point you say fuck it, I'm doing it anyway. It's that simple. I'm not saying criticism doesn't suck, I'm saying if you live your life trying to please other people you're fucked.

Bravo!

Grifynne

Quote from: Bluejay on May 04, 2018, 01:35:06 PM

He didn't even have to be there since she completely took over.

And who takes a personal phone call in the middle of a live interview? I was thinking that the phone call was some kind of scripted thing (the ringing was so loud and obvious) but it never came back into play once she returned. So maybe she really is that unprofessional.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Grifynne on May 04, 2018, 01:42:33 PM
He didn't even have to be there since she completely took over.

And who takes a personal phone call in the middle of a live interview? I was thinking that the phone call was some kind of scripted thing (the ringing was so loud and obvious) but it never came back into play once she returned. So maybe she really is that unprofessional.
I think someone was tipping her off about something. That's my gut. Someone was clearly reading bellgab and feeding her things to do. I suspect Lasha but have no proof, I mean who the hell else would do that?

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 04, 2018, 01:40:39 PM
Sounded high to me. He also was all about giving Heather anything she wanted. Dude better watch out.

He was marveling about what nice people she had calling her. 

Grifynne

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 04, 2018, 01:40:39 PM

I think she cast a cuckspell on him. Now he is her thrall.

Quote from: Grifynne on May 04, 2018, 01:42:33 PM
... And who takes a personal phone call in the middle of a live interview? I was thinking that the phone call was some kind of scripted thing (the ringing was so loud and obvious) but it never came back into play once she returned. So maybe she really is that unprofessional.

And what phone call could she possibly have that she had to take it that instant, then get right back to the performance without missing a beat?

Grifynne

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 04, 2018, 01:43:35 PM
I think someone was tipping her off about something. That's my gut. Someone was clearly reading bellgab and feeding her things to do. I suspect Lasha but have no proof, I mean who the hell else would do that?

Ya, that's probably the case. The whole thing was awkward and it was painfully obvious that if they weren't screening all calls before the mistress question, they were after. But what did she expect, especially since she's been spewing questionable shit.

I think she may be in for it if she actually follows through and starts a new show and takes calls. Maybe she hopes the nay-sayers will get bored and go away.

Kolchak

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 04, 2018, 01:45:41 PM
And what phone call could she possibly have that she had to take it that instant, then get right back to the performance without missing a beat?

"Say that it isn't about you 20 more times. The test markets loved it."