• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

ShayP

Quote from: Morgus on October 20, 2017, 03:05:50 PM
Any bets on if Hoagie will manage to get thru a whole show on Saturday night?
Or will technical issues defeat him again like last weekend...

I'm hoping he can get through it because this will be the first time I've given a shit about his show in a long time.  I miss the camaraderie of the thread.

=Schlyder=

he isn't going to be doing a live show tomorrow.  He's fucking lazy.

trostol

3rd week in a row he is gonna try that deep symbology crap from the Vegas Shootings

albrecht

Quote from: trostol on October 20, 2017, 08:47:55 PM
3rd week in a row he is gonna try that deep symbology crap from the Vegas Shootings
He needs to use his prior jail connections and get SDM on a smuggled cellphone from prison to deal with the symbology on the LV shootings. I'm sure he predicted it and can explain the various numerology, Nostradamus, and Remote Viewers that predicted it. That would be a coup for his show. Or he will have technical difficulties or some excuse like a sick dog, RIP, or working on his Magnum Opus (when was that book going to be released?)  ;)

Nobody

Quote from: =Schlyder= on October 16, 2017, 04:34:43 AM
Hoagy needs to forget doing live broadcasts. Record vlogs or podcasts and upload them to the website, and Youtube.

I suspect Hoagland views himself as some sort of helmet-haired, bolo-tied, 21st century version of Walter Cronkite (or even more delusionally, Long John Nebel, a chat show host who actually let other people talk for extended periods, a concept that remains entirely alien to Hoagland).  You can't expect someone of Hoagland's self-imagined stature to stop trying to play "radio guy" and start doing podcasts and YouTube videos like all the peons are doing, can you?

Of course, Hoagland would end up with a better product if he were to take the podcast/YouTube route as you've suggested, if only because it would allow him to edit out any technical gaffes.  However, it would also sharply reduce Hoagland's opportunities for self-sabotage and it's glaringly obvious by now he doesn't want to miss out on so much as a single chance to make himself look foolish.

Quote from: =Schlyder= on October 16, 2017, 04:34:43 AM
He can't afford a can of beans, let alone pay for broadcasting live shows that he can't even produce. LOL   

Perhaps the $99 a month plan will still prove to be too much for Hoagland's straitened purse and he'll end up going the podcast/YouTube route out of sheer necessity?  He could pull in subscribers well into the high single digits if he ever sets up his own YouTube channel.

ShayP

Quote from: trostol on October 20, 2017, 08:47:55 PM

Oh.  :-\  That's the topic?  Ugh.  :(

Nobody

Quote from: Morgus on October 20, 2017, 03:05:50 PM
Any bets on if Hoagie will manage to get thru a whole show on Saturday night?

Done: one-hundred BellGab bucks on Hoagland being on the air for an hour or less.

Should I lose, I don't mind being out the money because, if nothing else, it's high time the people who are still taking Hoagland seriously (yes, yes, all right: semi-seriously) actually got a show out of the old plonker after getting nothing but dead air for two weeks (or worse, the Falkov person, who would make anyone prefer the dead air).

Besides which, I owe WOTR one hundred BellGab bucks and this me gives a shot at earning my money back. :)

Jackstar

Quote from: Nobody on October 21, 2017, 02:17:52 PM
BellGab bucks

It's hard to credit the whinging about Hoagland's production troubles, when this forum has had the opportunity to create its own cryptocurrency for years--and has failed to do so.

Get to work. Make it happen.

WildCard

Quote from: Jackstar on October 21, 2017, 02:23:16 PM

It's hard to credit the whinging about Hoagland's production troubles, when this forum has had the opportunity to create its own cryptocurrency for years--and has failed to do so.

Get to work. Make it happen.

when bret weinstein alluded to solutions that might be best left unsaid lest the powers that be hear, and rogan pressed him, that was the one thing he named.

=Schlyder=

LOL I just saw on Facebook..... No live show tonight.  LOL  fucking lazy bastard.

=Schlyder=

Quote from: =Schlyder= on October 20, 2017, 07:17:57 PM
he isn't going to be doing a live show tomorrow.  He's fucking lazy.

As foretold in the prophecies.

Morgus

Message on Hoagie's website tonight:

QuoteTONIGHT’S SHOW WITH CHRISTOPHER KNOWLES
ON THE LAS VEGAS SHOOTINGS IS POSTPONED!

SOMEONE REALLY DOESN’T WANT THIS SHOW TO AIR.

After a week of hours and hours of testing…buying new equipment and more testing…getting all the systems set up perfectly…now last minute…all the settings have been changed!!! We deeply regret having to postpone this important show.

Pathetic and getting tragic. When Falko or whatever her name is dumps him he's going to end up on welfare or worse.

=Schlyder=

Translation *   I spent all week doing fuck all, and tonight I am getting drunk as fuck. Drunk. As. Fuck.

astroguy

Quote from: =Schlyder= on October 21, 2017, 10:17:01 PM
Translation *   I spent all week doing fuck all, and tonight I am getting drunk as fuck. Drunk. As. Fuck.
Probably someone sent him a margherita pizza and he thought it made him super-wasted.  Hoagie, that's basil in the middle, not limes.

After a week of hours and hours of testing…buying new equipment and more testing…getting all the systems set up perfectly…now last minute…all the settings have been changed!!! We deeply regret having to postpone this important show.

OH NOES!!! THE POWERS THAT BE ARE THREATENED BY US AND HAVE CHANGED THE SETTINGS JUST LIKE IN 1985 WHEN THEY MANIPULATED OUR VCR TO FLASH 12:00 AM AND THERE WAS NOTHING WE COULD DO TO STOP IT!!!

The 'men in black' he imagines will one day appear at his home but they won't be wearing black they'll be  in white coats.

Nobody

Quote from: Jackstar on October 21, 2017, 02:23:16 PM

It's hard to credit the whinging about Hoagland's production troubles,

I could be much mistaken, but offhand, I'd say this scene from Full Metal Jacket:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAat0ppcNr8

...most closely reflects current popular sentiment regarding Hoagland's production troubles:

QuoteOh, that's right, Richard Hoagland, don't make any fucking effort to get your fucking BTR stream up and and running!  If God wanted you to live stream, he would have miracled your stream online by now, wouldn't he?

I'm not sure I'd call it "whinging" exactly.

Nobody

Quote from: Morgus on October 21, 2017, 10:11:51 PM
Message on Hoagie's website tonight:

Please make the cheque out to WOTR and see that he gets it. :)

I know I bet against Hoagland, but I'm still having a hard time believing he cocked up a fifth attempt.  The only plausible explanation is that New Mexico is rich in peyote and Hoagland has developed a habit.

ShayP

So glad I chose sleep over this show last night.   I was also hoping to avoid the shitty topic on the show but after yet another cancellation it just won't die. How many weeks has it been trying to air the same thing?  Can he not get another guest?  That's what other hosts do.  Hoagland never ceases to amaze.  What a lazy arrogant bastard he is.  That being said...I'm looking forward to next weeks show.

Nobody

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on October 21, 2017, 10:33:55 PM
OH NOES!!! THE POWERS THAT BE ARE THREATENED BY US AND HAVE CHANGED THE SETTINGS JUST LIKE IN 1985 WHEN THEY MANIPULATED OUR VCR TO FLASH 12:00 AM AND THERE WAS NOTHING WE COULD DO TO STOP IT!!!

You have to admit it's pretty impressive that the lads at Fort Meade could make the time to suppress a sixth-rate* live streaming chat show. 

It sounds like the American taxpayers are really getting their money's worth out of those guys.

*And sinking...fast

Swishypants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v4gp4cOFns

Forum Borealis is the only "radio" program I listen to anymore. Everything else is shit. He only releases every couple of weeks to a month, but I will take adult, high quality, over anything else, any day.  This is actually FUN and sometimes through provoking, unlike all the other tripe we have now.

TigerLily

Hoagie and Amy need to get on the same schedule but alternate weeks so they can switch off not showing up

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Swishypants on October 22, 2017, 07:12:02 AM

Forum Borealis is the only "radio" program I listen to anymore. Everything else is shit. He only releases every couple of weeks to a month, but I will take adult, high quality, over anything else, any day.  This is actually FUN and sometimes through provoking, unlike all the other tripe we have now.

I'll be sure to miss it.  ;)

Nobody

Quote from: TigerLily on October 22, 2017, 08:58:09 AM
Hoagie and Amy need to get on the same schedule but alternate weeks so they can switch off not showing up

Didn't Amy's no-shows start after she wheedled a $100 air-conditioning unit out of her listeners?  An AC unit she claimed she had to have or else she couldn't do any more radio shows?  :-\

Perhaps Hoagland owes Amy Martin royalties for her pioneering the chat show version of the Pump and Dump.