• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Dr. MD MD

The BBC gets called out by it's own viewers. pud, this one's for you!  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciCZpa_nRPA

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 14, 2017, 01:51:25 AM
CNBC is a lot of things, including the self-described business network whose self-styled experts were so busy pumping the too big to fail financial institutions they failed to predict the economic meltdown of 2008, but this may the first time it was ever accused of being a mouthpiece for the DNC. If Larry Kudlow were dead, he would be rolling in his grave right now.

It has NBC in its name just like MSNBC so...  But if you tell me CNBC is apolitical and totally unbiased when it comes to Trump I'll believe you.  Thousands wouldn't, but I'll believe you.  :D

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Jackstar on January 14, 2017, 07:35:46 AM

I once saw Nolan Ryan use that very same pitch against Ted Simmons of the Cardinals but Ted put it into the left field cheap seats and Ryan never used it again.

pyewacket

Cool- I know a few people who will attend and one who will be performing at the inauguration. Glad to see that these bikers will be there.

More information coming out about the latest scandal :

Quote from: antiwar.com
The Foreign Plot to Oust Trump

It stretches from London to Langley to Kiev â€" and several points in between
by Justin Raimondo, January 13, 2017
Print This | Share This

Oh, the irony! Amid all the accusations of foreign interference in the election, the first solid indication of it showed up with the publication of a slanderous unsourced memo written by a “former” British intelligence agent accusing Donald Trump of various “perversions” and claiming he’s vulnerable to blackmail by those evil Russkies. The “ex”-MI6 agent, one Christopher Steele â€" how’s that for a name straight out of a James Bond novel? â€" works for “Orbis Business Intelligence, Ltd.,” a high-toned Londo-based “private” spook agency usually hired by big corporations out to spy on their competitors or those pesky environmentalists.

According to press reports, Steele worked undercover in Russia for several years, cultivating a wide network of contacts who, today, regularly feed him information. It was through these contacts that he concocted a series of memos first reported by CNN and later published by BuzzFeed, the product of rumor, gossip, and innuendo â€" in short, the stuff “raw” intelligence is made of.

News accounts also report that it was Fusion GPS, a Democratic “research” firm, that got the initial contract, and was paid  by the Republican wing of the “Never Trump” movement. After Trump won the Republican nomination, the ball was passed to the Democrats, who picked up the bill. Oh, but it didn’t end with Trump’s victory at the polls: Steele and Fusion GPS head honcho Glenn Simpson soldiered on: “By then,” the New York Times reports, “the election was over, and neither Mr. Steele nor Mr. Simpson was being paid by a client, but they did not stop what they believed to be very important work.”

Yes, out of the goodness of their hearts â€" patriotic duty, dedication to the victory of the West over the Evil Putinite Threat, and good old-fashioned stick-to-it-tiveness â€" the Dauntless Duo pursued their quarry through thick and thin, and they did it all for free, casting aside any thought of reward and abjuring the huge sums they are usually paid for such work.

We interrupt this fantasy to bring you an important announcement: it didn’t happen that way.

To begin with, anyone who thinks Orbis is a “private” intelligence agency, totally separate from MI6, the legendary British intelligence service, is delusional. These agencies â€" there are several, including the notorious Halykut, which recently surfaced in China â€" are simply extensions of the parent organization, MI6, which is, itself, intertwined with similar spook outfits in the US and throughout Europe. It’s an international fraternity, one that shares information, contacts, and a common worldview â€" and this last is what brings it into conflict with the President-elect.

When Trump began talking about how “obsolete” NATO is, their alarm bells began to go off. The alliance is the bedrock of the international security apparatus that nurtures and rewards this crowd, and the anchor of the expansionist agenda that envisions Ukraine and Georgia as the next entrants in the anti-Russian grand coalition. Those alarm bells started screaming when Trump took up with Nigel Farage, the UKIP leader and spokesman for the rising nationalist anti-EU movement: the Brexit campaign dealt the internationalists a near mortal blow, and the Trump-Farage hook-up drove them up the wall. Like Trump, Farage is “pro-Russian,” i.e. he opposes the drive to war against Moscow, and the double victory of Trump-Brexit has the NATO-crats in a panic. Something had to be done.…

A piece by Paul Wood, who reports on Syria for the BBC, in the British Spectator, gives us more pieces in this international puzzle:

“[Steele], apparently, gave his dossier to the FBI against the firm’s advice. And the former MI6 agent is not the only source for the claim about Russian kompromat on the President-elect. Back in August, a retired spy told me he had been informed of its existence by ‘the head of an East European intelligence agency.’”

Another account has Sen. John McCain receiving the report from a “former British ambassador,” who then hands it off to the FBI. In any case, Wood goes on to detail his relationship with “active duty CIA officers” who basically told him there was “more than one tape,” made on more than one occasion, “of a sexual nature.” The memo, they told him, was “credible,” which is why “these claims ended up on President Obama’s desk last week, a briefing document was also given to congressional leaders and to Trump himself.” The Trump campaign, by the way, denies getting any such document.

Wood continues:

“Last April, the CIA director was shown intelligence that worried him. It was â€" allegedly â€" a tape recording of a conversation about money from the Kremlin going into the US presidential campaign. It was passed to the US by one of the Baltic States’ intelligence agencies. The CIA cannot act domestically against American citizens so a joint counter intelligence task force was created. It included six agencies or departments of government: dealing with the domestic, US, side of the inquiry, were the FBI, the Department of the Treasury, and the Department of Justice; for the foreign and intelligence aspects of the investigation, there were three agencies: the CIA, the Office of the Director on National Intelligence, and the NSA, the National Security Agency, responsible for electronic spying. Lawyers from the National Security Division in the Department of Justice then drew up an application. They took it to the secret US court that deals with intelligence, the FISA court, named after the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act. They wanted to intercept the electronic records from two Russian banks. Their first application, in June, was rejected outright by the judge. They returned with a more narrowly drawn order in July and were rejected again. Finally, before a new judge, the order was granted, on October the 15th, three weeks before election day.”

The investigation, Wood avers, is in progress: a ticking time bomb waiting to go off under Trump’s chair in the Oval Office.

So let’s step back and look at the players: the CIA, MI6, “the head of an Eastern European intelligence agency,” and the “one of the Baltic states’ intelligence agencies” â€" an international coalition out to oust Trump.

Talk about “foreign interference” in American politics! This makes Russia’s alleged intervention look like child’s play.

The Never-Trumpers are demanding a “bipartisan independent commission” to investigate the alleged Russian connection to the Trump campaign: they might as well call it the Commission to De-legitimize Trump’s Presidency. These “patriots” scream that “foreign interference” is a mortal danger to the Republic, and that Trump is Putin’s Manchurian candidate intent on raising the Russian flag over the Capitol.

It’s hogwash of the sort we haven’t seen since the 1950s, when J. Edgar Hoover was “investigating” (i.e. harassing) anyone who didn’t toe the cold war line. But these people wouldn’t dream of investigating the many foreign connections to the anti-Trump campaign, stretching all the way from London to Kiev to the Baltic states (I’d guess Estonia).

The latest word is that Steele, “in fear for his life,” has fled his multi-million-dollar estate and is hiding in a “safe house,” perhaps in “another country.” Has anyone looked in Lindsey Graham’s closet? Those two drama queens should get along famously.

NOTES IN THE MARGIN

You can check out my Twitter feed by going here. But please note that my tweets are sometimes deliberately provocative, often made in jest, and largely consist of me thinking out loud.

I’ve written a couple of books, which you might want to peruse. Here is the link for buying the second edition of my 1993 book, Reclaiming the American Right: The Lost Legacy of the Conservative Movement, with an Introduction by Prof. George W. Carey, a Foreword by Patrick J. Buchanan, and critical essays by Scott Richert and David Gordon (ISI Books, 2008).

You can buy An Enemy of the State: The Life of Murray N. Rothbard (Prometheus Books, 2000), my biography of the great libertarian thinker, here.

http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2017/01/12/the-foreign-plot-to-oust-trump/

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 14, 2017, 07:18:01 AM
The BBC gets called out by it's own viewers. pud, this one's for you!  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciCZpa_nRPA

As long as you watched to the end to get the editor's view. Naturally you miss the point that NEWSWATCH is a BBC produced programme that invites viewers to take the BBC to task? And no mention of the queen either.

You think Trump would allow anyone to take him to task and give a reasonable explanation that wasn't an incoherent tweet?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: pyewacket on January 14, 2017, 11:01:49 AM
Cool- I know a few people who will attend and one who will be performing at the inauguration. Glad to see that these bikers will be there.

More information coming out about the latest scandal :

http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2017/01/12/the-foreign-plot-to-oust-trump/

I've written a couple of books, which you might want to peruse. Here is the link for buying the second edition of my 1993 book, Reclaiming the American Right: The Lost Legacy of the Conservative Movement, with an Introduction by Prof. George W. Carey, a Foreword by Patrick J. Buchanan, and critical essays by Scott Richert and David Gordon (ISI Books, 2008).

Never let a crises get in the way of a plug. ;D

pyewacket

More curious reporting on another new issue-

Quote from: thegatewaypundit

FAKE NEWS: WaPo Did Not Tell Whole Story on DC National Guard Chief’s Resignation (Video)

Jim Hoft Jan 14th, 2017 9:03 am 68 Comments

On Friday the Washington Post reported that Maj, Gen. Errol Schwartz will be removed from his post as head of the DC National Guard DURING the Trump Inauguration.

Schwartz told the Post he would “never plan to leave a mission in the middle of a battle.”

The WaPo ate it up.
The Washington Post reported:

The Army general who heads the D.C. National Guard and has an integral part in overseeing the inauguration said Friday that he will be removed from command effective at 12:01 p.m. Jan. 20, just as Donald Trump is sworn in as president.

Maj. Gen. Errol R. Schwartz’s departure will come in the middle of the presidential ceremony â€" classified as a national special security event â€" and while thousands of his troops are deployed to help protect the nation’s capital during an inauguration he has spent months helping to plan.

“The timing is extremely unusual,” Schwartz said in an interview Friday morning, confirming a memo announcing his ouster that was obtained by The Washington Post. During the inauguration, Schwartz will command not only members of the D.C. Guard but also 5,000 unarmed troops dispatched from across the country to help. He also will oversee military air support protecting Washington during the inauguration.

“My troops will be on the street,” said Schwartz, who turned 65 in October. “I’ll see them off, but I won’t be able to welcome them back to the armory.” He said he would “never plan to leave a mission in the middle of a battle.”

Now This…
The Trump administration told FOX News of Friday the story is a crock.

Schwartz was offered to stay on his post until after the Inauguration but decided to quit during the ceremony and then he ran to the press to complain.

According to FOX News,

“The Trump Transition team reportedly offered to let him keep his job until the ceremonies were over. Maj. Gen Schwartz refused. It appears he would rather argue his would rather argue his case though in the press.”

And there’s more…

The Washington Post completely rewrote their story since it was originally posted without any mention of an update.

Via Free Republic:

Commanding general of D.C. National Guard to be removed from post [Secretly Rewritten!!!]

****** FREEPER SCOOP ******
    WaPO Rewrites General Fired at Midnight Story Without Acknowledgement!

This WaPo story ( https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/commanding-general-of-dc-national-guard-to-be-removed-from-post/2017/01/13/725a0438-d99e-11e6-b8b2-cb5164beba6b_story.html?utm_term=.b0af50e85cb4 ) has been completely rewritten since it was originally posted this morning, with no notice of the rewrite!

The original FR post uses the WaybackMachine link from 1:55pm and the above is the link for the current 5:23pm version, which CURRENTLY does not acknowledge the rewrite.

(Unfortunately, the WaybackMachine has not captured anything after 1:55pm, so WaPo could subsequently add a rewrite disclaimer. However, I captured the 5:23pm version and put it in a .mht file which can be downloaded at: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_hrA7ihzIPlX3JFTC1HMUVtRW8/view?usp=sharing

The original story mentioned ONLY the memo it supposedly “obtained” and said NOTHING at all about standard letters of resignation, nor did it quote anonymous “military” officials, AND it said it had received no comment at all from the Trump people (or the military for that matter). The original article implied there may be some kind of craziness behind the change based solely on this secret memo they had, strongly making people think that Trump fired this guy in midstream.

Hundreds, perhaps thousands of other outlets then wrote articles based on the original version of the WaPo article, some even headlining “Trump fires general in midstream”. None of these hastily written derivative articles have noted the secret WaPo retractions.

However, within hours of the original article, WaPo completely rewrote the article and completely reoriented the focus and meaning of the article but did NOT acknowledge the rewrite!

This is what WaPo did with their original “Russians hacked the power grid” article: rushing out sensational BS garbage without doing any confirmation research, getting caught, and then having to make a “note”, but the damage was already done because thousands of other media outlets replicated the original story.

Except in this case, WaPo simply rewrote the original story without even noting the rewrite!

We gotta get this to Tucker and Hannity!

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/01/fake-news-wapo-not-tell-whole-story-dc-national-guard-chiefs-resignation-video/

pyewacket

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 14, 2017, 11:15:38 AM
Never let a crises get in the way of a plug. ;D

Really? Out of the entire content of the above- this is all you came away with?  ::)

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 14, 2017, 08:17:55 AM
It has NBC in its name just like MSNBC so...  But if you tell me CNBC is apolitical and totally unbiased when it comes to Trump I'll believe you.  Thousands wouldn't, but I'll believe you.  :D

Maybe things have changed there since I quit watching it after they missed the crash of 2008, and I'm guessing you've never watched it or you would have known about this:

http://www.cnbc.com/2014/02/24/5-years-later-rick-santelli-tea-party-rant-revisited.html

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: pyewacket on January 14, 2017, 11:17:38 AM
Really? Out of the entire content of the above- this is all you came away with?  ::)

Pointless going through the rest. Self styled 'finger on the pulse' bloke who trots stuff out denouncing everything else but expects his version to be accepted as the real deal, because he says so. Him and Trump would get along.

albrecht

Clinton News Network has been very funny this morning. John Lewis complaining and the 'impact' of that. And all kinds of coverage of small group protests on the upcoming Federal holiday that are, or will happen- many now focused on an admitted important historical figure who did some good but also was a serial philanderer and plagiarist icon, whose own family still fights and sues over his 'legacy', who, somehow, has now, post-death, became a champion of illegal immigration. Wonder why CNN isn't reporting on our schools and neighborhoods there are so many fights between Hispanics and Blacks, or between different types of Hispanics on each other, but no matter, let's ignore facts- about the civil right icon and about immigration and the 'melting pot.'

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on January 14, 2017, 11:33:19 AM
Clinton News Network has been very funny this morning. John Lewis complaining and the 'impact' of that. And all kinds of coverage of small group protests on the upcoming Federal holiday that are, or will happen- many now focused on an admitted important historical figure who did some good but also was a serial philanderer and plagiarist icon, whose own family still fights and sues over his 'legacy', who, somehow, has now, post-death, became a champion of illegal immigration. Wonder why CNN isn't reporting on our schools and neighborhoods there are so many fights between Hispanics and Blacks, or between different types of Hispanics on each other, but no matter, let's ignore facts- about the civil right icon and about immigration and the 'melting pot.'

In the UK we have 'May day' which had its origins as a spring festival but later became the date for the International workers day. Which is unfortunate as it hijacked the original reason for it.

And although I think Churchill was the greatest PM (for the time he was needed) the UK ever had, he was deeply flawed. I'm not sure a 'Churchill' day would have been popular, because it then has to be balanced with all the other PM's of various parties. And I can't think of a single Labour PM who came close to Churchill.

The only Labour leader who was in my view the best PM the Labour party never had, was John Smith. He tragically died far too soon, to be succeeded by the appalling Tony Blair.

pyewacket

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 14, 2017, 11:28:19 AM
Pointless going through the rest. Self styled 'finger on the pulse' bloke who trots stuff out denouncing everything else but expects his version to be accepted as the real deal, because he says so. Him and Trump would get along.

Don't you ever get tired of missing 'the point'?

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 14, 2017, 11:46:57 AM
In the UK we have 'May day' which had its origins as a spring festival but later became the date for the International workers day. Which is unfortunate as it hijacked the original reason for it.

And although I think Churchill was the greatest PM (for the time he was needed) the UK ever had, he was deeply flawed. I'm not sure a 'Churchill' day would have been popular, because it then has to be balanced with all the other PM's of various parties. And I can't think of a single Labour PM who came close to Churchill.

The only Labour leader who was in my view the best PM the Labour party never had, was John Smith. He tragically died far too soon, to be succeeded by the appalling Tony Blair.
Holidays, of various types, are frequently hijacked or reassessed or whatever. No person is without flaw, but also to focus only on the flaws- or to ignore they exist, or, like in this case or Nelson's (terrorist, not great Admiral) case, to bring to saint-hood simply to satisfy a certain constituency or assuage one's felt guilt is wrong. (I am not comparing Nelson to MLK Jr, MLK Jr was not a terrorist and criminal and did not advocate and commit violence as Nelson did, but only to show a point.)
ps: your country should have a national holiday for Enoch Powell. After all, he was right.
pps: for Cromwell and King Billy also.  ;)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Jackstar on January 14, 2017, 12:16:50 PM
Indeed... just now.

And you didn't insert a photo about some CT? You're slacking Jacky son.

Quote from: pyewacket on January 14, 2017, 11:15:42 AM
More curious reporting on another new issue-

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/01/fake-news-wapo-not-tell-whole-story-dc-national-guard-chiefs-resignation-video/

In other words, after decades of Fake News - after it's become common knowledge, and they've even coined the term for it themselves - the pretend journalists in the Democrat Fake News Media are unable and unwilling to self-correct, and plan on doggedly continuing on with more of the same.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 14, 2017, 11:24:13 AM
Maybe things have changed there since I quit watching it after they missed the crash of 2008, and I'm guessing you've never watched it or you would have known about this:

http://www.cnbc.com/2014/02/24/5-years-later-rick-santelli-tea-party-rant-revisited.html

I do indeed remember that rant.  Here's the thing, I don't contribute to the Neilson ratings of any NBC connected news outlet and haven't for some time.  My reasons for not doing so are many but then you probably already know what they are so they don't bear repeating here.  I do remember when I was still watching CNBC I was to too  often impressed  by the wrongheadedness of their commentary especially that of Jim Kramer. If I want business news I watch Forbes.

But that's all history now so let's deal with the piece in question.  In my opinion it was full of sophistry and anti Trump pap.  So no it did nothing to improve my assessment of CNBC.  You on the other hand apparently have a different opinion about the piece.

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 14, 2017, 12:43:16 PM
I do indeed remember that rant.  Here's the thing, I don't contribute to the Neilson ratings of any NBC connected news outlet and haven't for some time.  My reasons for not doing so are many but then you probably already know what they are so they don't bear repeating here.  I do remember when I was still watching CNBC I was to too  often impressed  by the wrongheadedness of their commentary especially that of Jim Kramer. If I want business news I watch Forbes.

But that's all history now so let's deal with the piece in question.  In my opinion it was full of sophistry and anti Trump pap.  So no it did nothing to improve my assessment of CNBC.  You on the other hand apparently have a different opinion about the piece.

Please point out where you see that, because it looks like a pretty straightforward piece of reporting to me. Totally agree about Cramer, who's a buffoon and and idiot. I've been hoping for years that his heart will explode some day in the middle of one of his rants.

Five years ago, the American political landscape changed due in large part to one fed-up CNBC journalist.

Rick Santelli, who covers the bond markets at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange, had seen enough as Washington policymakers began funneling what would be trillions of dollars to bail out various sectors that had been hit during the financial crisis.

Pushed to the brink, Santelli, speaking on the "Squawk Box" show, exploded into a rant resembling the famous "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore" diatribe from the character Howard Beale in the 1976 movie "Network."

As he closed the segment, he turned to traders on the floor and asked them if they would like to bail out their neighbors who had spent too much money on their homes. A chorus of "no" ensued. Earlier in the segment, he suggested he and some others in Chicago planned that summer to throw a "tea party" to show their anger.

Closing, he turned to the camera and asked, "President Obama, are you listening?"

Explosive events would follow: Santelli's urging took hold, with millions of U.S. voters forming multiple tea party affiliations across the country that helped elect numerous candidates and change the conversation of American politics.

Much has changed since then. Santelli believes most of it, at least in terms of public awareness and activism, has been good.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 14, 2017, 01:03:41 PM
Please point out where you see that, because it looks like a pretty straightforward piece of reporting to me. Totally agree about Cramer, who's a buffoon and and idiot. I've been hoping for years that his heart will explode some day in the middle of one of his rants.

Five years ago, the American political landscape changed due in large part to one fed-up CNBC journalist.

Rick Santelli, who covers the bond markets at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange, had seen enough as Washington policymakers began funneling what would be trillions of dollars to bail out various sectors that had been hit during the financial crisis.

Pushed to the brink, Santelli, speaking on the "Squawk Box" show, exploded into a rant resembling the famous "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore" diatribe from the character Howard Beale in the 1976 movie "Network."

As he closed the segment, he turned to traders on the floor and asked them if they would like to bail out their neighbors who had spent too much money on their homes. A chorus of "no" ensued. Earlier in the segment, he suggested he and some others in Chicago planned that summer to throw a "tea party" to show their anger.

Closing, he turned to the camera and asked, "President Obama, are you listening?"

Explosive events would follow: Santelli's urging took hold, with millions of U.S. voters forming multiple tea party affiliations across the country that helped elect numerous candidates and change the conversation of American politics.

Much has changed since then. Santelli believes most of it, at least in terms of public awareness and activism, has been good.

I'm still not sure if Trump is for or anti Wall Street 'swamp. And whether or not he'll push to get the architects in the banking world held to account over 2007-08.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 14, 2017, 01:17:25 PM
I'm still not sure if Trump is for or anti Wall Street 'swamp...

What you hear about that from the pretend journalists will depend on the narrative they're putting out that day.  We're really going to have to just wait and see.

I'm still not sure if Trump is for or anti Wall Street 'swamp. And whether or not he'll push to get the architects in the banking world held to account over 2007-08.

Is there a mention of Trump in that article that everyone but me can see?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 14, 2017, 01:23:44 PM
Is there a mention of Trump in that article that everyone but me can see?

No. I was thinking aloud. Sorry.

... And whether or not he'll push to get the architects in the banking world held to account over 2007-08.

That would be nice. 

An incoming president has their own agenda to advance, and this one has his own, as well as wanting to undo as much of the damage Obama has done to the country over the past eight years as possible.  So we'll see if 1) he's interested, 2) wants to take it on and feels it's a winnable legal fight, and 3) where it fits on his list of priorities.

What we do know about the topic is Obama's refusal to act - even having AG Eric Holder state there would be no prosecution for Goldman execs (Goldman Sachs being most responsible for the meltdown, after the federal government itself). 

We also know Hilary collected a fortune in bribes ''speaking fees'' from these people - and refused to release the contents of her ''speeches''.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 14, 2017, 01:03:41 PM

First of all the polls themselves.  Are you forgetting how wrong they were throughout the election cycle and how it was pointed out that the samplings were not representative and the questions were couched with a premise that was tantamount to a leading question.  Show me the detailed poll parameters and sampling data and I might change my mind. 

In using the word specious I am perhaps conflating the contents of the subject article with other articles I have read recently and my past experience with CNBC.  After reviewing the article I think a  a better term would be "polling designed with a result in mind."    If you buy that the polls are fair and accurrate fine but I still think they are bogus. 

As far as CNBCs reputation goes, are you really going to tell me that you have not heard utterances by CNBC commentators that lacked circumspection and left out important details. That is the definition of specious.   When I was watching CNBC such comments were made with such regularity as to make me suspect that there was an agenda behind them.  Nothing I've seen lately has changed my mind.