• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: mv on March 07, 2018, 02:18:01 AM
It's just some dick who doesn't want anyone recording his precious Art Bell broadcasts.

Who's Dick ?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: TigerLily on March 13, 2018, 06:56:39 AM
For me the only relevant issue. Listening to Art is like reading great Fantasy. It's more fun if you suspend disbelief. What? LOTR sucked because Hobbits aren't real?  I doubt most listeners believed the b.s.  They just wanted to take a ride

I agree with you in the bigger picture, but Lunger makes a fair point.  Bell didn't just present some topics, he bought into and supported the authenticity of them.  The two stories that best exemplify this for me were the Hale-Bopp comet/spaceship and Alien Autopsy film.  I would have had a great deal more respect for him if he had come out and just admitted he'd been hoodwinked.  There is nothing wrong with being mistaken, but at least admit it.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 13, 2018, 03:04:37 PM
I agree with you in the bigger picture, but Lunger makes a fair point.  Bell didn't just present some topics, he bought into and supported the authenticity of them.  The two stories that best exemplify this for me were the Hale-Bopp comet/spaceship and Alien Autopsy film.  I would have had a great deal more respect for him if he had come out and just admitted he'd been hoodwinked.  There is nothing wrong with being mistaken, but at least admit it.
He also explicitly stated that "rods" were true, that he believed in them, and that Jose Escamilla had "conclusively proven it."

Having said that I still loved the shows and considered them entertainment with a few shows on philosophical/physics speculation.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on March 13, 2018, 03:14:36 PM
He also explicitly stated that "rods" were true, that he believed in them, and that Jose Escamilla had "conclusively proven it."

Having said that I still loved the shows and considered them entertainment with a few shows on philosophical/physics speculation.

Also, Jose is really Juan Cena. ;)

aldousburbank

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 13, 2018, 03:21:05 PM
Also, Jose is really Juan Cena. ;)

Not true. It's the other way around.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 13, 2018, 03:25:38 PM
Not true. It's the other way around.

That's what I meant. :D

Quote from: Lunger on March 13, 2018, 06:44:09 AM

Art isn't coming back because all that stuff he supported and promoted has been proven false over time.

Dames, Scallion, Morton, The Quickening, Global Warming, Strieber, Mel's Hole, Paglini, Y2K, Hale-Bopp, Hopi Elders, ....Damn!  The list of bullshit just goes on and on.  Art was like the Energizer Bunny of para-crap.

Its entertaining but when you keep hearing from Art about the impressive 'Hit Rate' from the likes of Dames, Scallion or Morton.....and all the rest.  At some point you have to pay the piper.  Zero is not impressive and neither is Art's credibility.  In the end Art did a disservice to the genre and his listeners by fanning the flames of every pile of smoldering bullshit out there.

Edit:  If you listen to open lines you can get a sense of the caliber of people who are more than willing to buy into Art's particular line of crap.  These people don't have the capability to see C2C as entertainment but as the Gospel truth.  If anyone could claim responsibility for 'The Quickening' it would be Art himself.

I don't think Art believed all of them.  For example everyone knew, including Art, that Mel made up the hole and that he was just an entertaining character to have on the show.  Same with Drunk Elk, Hoagie, and plenty of others.  After all he did have 5 shows a week to fill.

I think he believed Whitley's stories, at least some of them.  For all the ''psychics'' he had on, all the Ed Dames appearances, he must have thought there was something to that as well.

There were plenty of shows and guests I had no interest in, and would turn it off and go to bed after the news segment and maybe the opening portion of the interview, but three guests were on way too much and I grew to despise them:  Hoagland, Dames, and Weeber.  And may as well add the ghost hunters to that list.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on March 13, 2018, 03:14:36 PM

Did Escamilla actually believe rods were real or was it a scam all along?

What would happen to a broadcaster if something like the Hale-Bopp/Heaven's gate thing were to happen in 2018?

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 13, 2018, 03:47:05 PM
Who knows? I'm thinking he was doing a scam all along but maybe he did believe the nonsense at some point?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on March 13, 2018, 04:29:06 PM
What would happen to a broadcaster if something like the Hale-Bopp/Heaven's gate thing were to happen in 2018?

That is a good question, 'boot.  I think we can safely say a story like that would gets legs immediately today due to the pervasiveness of the internet, social media in particular, compared to the mid 90s.  The interest, if not acceptance, of such things is certainly greater now thanks to the multitude of TV and radio/pocast programs on all things UFO/aliens and paranormal.  Finally, if that broadcaster was known to be a vocal supporter of Donald Trump, would that be an attention getter to the MSM?

Asuka Langley

Art Bell cashed in on making paranormal bullshit entertaining, there is no such thing as ghost, sasquatch or aliens. I guess the 90's were a different time before the internet when people were gullible and believed that people were calling in from planes flying into area 51 to find ayy lmaos.

I heard the Area 51 call many years later on a youtube video and it is obviously a fake but it was fun to listen too.

Art Bell took trolling and made a fortune off of it. Then left and came back to sell everyone a Sirius XM radio and a subscription to Heather Wades Midnight In The Desert. He was truly the best troll of all time and all of the people sitting around the nursing home talking about Mel's hole 30 years later is a testament to that fact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af3EoHhyLoo

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on March 13, 2018, 06:32:36 PM
Art Bell cashed in on making paranormal bullshit entertaining, there is no such thing as ghost, sasquatch or aliens. I guess the 90's were a different time before the internet when people were gullible and believed that people were calling in from planes flying into area 51 to find ayy lmaos.

I heard the Area 51 call many years later on a youtube video and it is obviously a fake but it was fun to listen too.

Art Bell took trolling and made a fortune off of it. Then left and came back to sell everyone a Sirius XM radio and a subscription to Heather Wades Midnight In The Desert. He was truly the best troll of all time and all of the people sitting around the nursing home talking about Mel's hole is a testament to that fact.

Troll? The term troll is being stretched to mean almost anything these days. I think he was more a merry prankster. With his show you got a significant amount of bullshit but also a significant amount of fun and some truth. Also, aliens are real. ;)

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 13, 2018, 06:41:38 PM
Troll? The term troll is being stretched to mean almost anything these days. I think he was more a merry prankster. With his show you got a significant amount of bullshit but also a significant amount of fun and some truth. Also, aliens are real. ;)

Consider BellGab Pranked! LOL!

ge30542

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on March 13, 2018, 06:46:09 PM
Consider BellGab Pranked! LOL!

Getting Better Every Day.......(not)
But she has a great face for radio.

vipjon

Quote from: ge30542 on March 13, 2018, 10:21:33 PM
Getting Better Every Day.......(not)
But she has a great face for radio.

Aww I think Heather is pretty!

ItsOver

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 13, 2018, 03:47:05 PM
The way Escamilla acted, it seemed like it was his particular niche for a scam.

You got to admit that Art was a Master at his trade, no one can replace him, not even a wannabe witch who has all the blocks checked,, asian, witch, seen ufo, had a big foot expericanc, shadow person etc.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: vipjon on March 14, 2018, 03:08:04 AM
Aww I think Heather is pretty!

You like dudes tho so your opinion is invalid

She does have that Tranny look

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on March 15, 2018, 06:56:57 PM
She does have that Tranny look

Just the way Art likes them

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on March 15, 2018, 07:09:38 PM

I thought Art liked them Little and Brown,, sorta like 16 year old boys

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on March 15, 2018, 07:16:39 PM
I thought Art liked them Little and Brown,, sorta like 16 year old boys

Why not both?

Asuka Langley

Let's get Art back in here post brown horsefaced ladyboys!

See some action on the Art Bell thread.  Check it out and     "Wow".........

The once mighty thread is almost back to the days of Greasy

paladin1991

Haha.  Got me.  I didn't know what to expect when the vid started.   Hey, she, he, it looks like your avatar

b_dubb

What about the Millenium Bug End Of Civilization theory? Art has no problem terrorizing his listeners. But admitting to being wrong? No that’s bad for business.

ItsOver

Geesh... real life anime.  Don't look, Ma Noory!

Gd5150

Quote from: paladin1991 on March 15, 2018, 10:25:24 PM
Haha.  Got me.  I didn't know what to expect when the vid started.   Hey, she, he, it looks like your avatar

I still can’t tell what it is. Looks like one of those sex dolls from movie night at Duneboys.