• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Stream! (No longer in service)

Started by fromwomewhere outthere, October 01, 2011, 11:51:55 PM

linden2k

STEP INTO THE RING. HOAGLAND WEEKEND BEGINS IN 24 HOURS.

MV/Liberace!

i think you did an awesome thing using the embedded player for your stream.  i wish i'd had the idea of doing that during the 6 years i was running the coastgab stream.  it would probably have increased the listener count by significant margins. 

actually, during the last trainwreck podcast, someone was in the chatroom talking about the difficulties they were experiencing in listening to the show.  it prompted me to place a similar html5 player on the podcast website so when people click "listen live" in the menu, no hassles.  the player is right there in your face on its own page.  i also placed the player above the chatroom interface.  god, i love html5.  great stuff.  anyway, thanks for the good idea.

DollyFinn

I finally had to come here and thank you for the live stream.  I am friends with you on facebook and have expressed my gratitude there.  But, I now have to tell you that my family has come to depend on the livestream.  It is actually making our life better!  We are looking forward to 72 hours of Hoagland starting!  Thank you for all of your effort and hard work. 

robbieintokyo

Hi all.

I just discovered this site after a friend on FB asked me how to listen to C2C without having to be up after midnight. I told her that's really the best and only way to listen - late at night. But since she wasn't able, I sent her the link for *****, which streams Art Bell shows. I then did a Google search to see if anyone carried the regular show on 'off' hours during the day. And I found you guys here. And what do I see? Lo and behold another Art Bell stream! Hello! Now, that was a pleasant surprise. I dully sent the fineartstream link to my friend. And by the way, a Hoagland weekend sounds awesome. He's one of the most enjoyable guests Art has had on, even if I only believe about half of what he's proposing (probably the same amount Art does, too) there's no denying his enthusiasm is contagious and always a thrill to experience. Fantastic.

Art read some of my stuff over the air a few years ago which was swell. Maybe I'll get lucky and hear it over the stream again. By the way, the stream is the way to go.  Sharing the experience LIVE with others out there is so much better than listening to one's own recordings. The fact that others are 'tuned-in' and listening and laughing or gasping or even nodding-off as we all listen to the same broadcast is something that cannot be replicated no matter how good the quality of private recordings is.

Long live Art Bell.

Robbie

PS: I really do hope he comes back to the mic. The Art Bell Show would be a welcome treat for any ears and wouldn't take away from his efforts at creating C2C, necessarily.

DollyFinn

Quote from: robbieintokyo on February 17, 2012, 06:09:55 AM
PS: I really do hope he comes back to the mic. The Art Bell Show would be a welcome treat for any ears and wouldn't take away from his efforts at creating C2C, necessarily.

Hi Robbie-you might be interested in reading this link.  Towards the bottom of the page Art actually responds to this issue.
http://coastgab.com/index.php/topic,2136.3600.html

Keep reading that thread because Art posts twice :)

Yes the live steam.., we are once again living through a shared Art Bell experience.. Great point

linden2k

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 16, 2012, 10:14:23 PM
it prompted me to place a similar html5 player on the podcast website so when people click "listen live" in the menu, no hassles.  the player is right there in your face on its own page.  i also placed the player above the chatroom interface.  god, i love html5.  great stuff.  anyway, thanks for the good idea.
Awesome. We love having the player there. Increases mobile traffic as well.

Scruff

As much as I've been listening I'm suprised it took me this long to catch one of the promos - I laughed so hard just now at the last bit "George Noory sucks . . ."

linden2k

Quote from: Scruff on February 17, 2012, 05:06:43 PM
As much as I've been listening I'm suprised it took me this long to catch one of the promos - I laughed so hard just now at the last bit "George Noory sucks . . ."
We've got 2 new promos in the mix recorded just for Hoagland weekend. They also mention Mr. Noory.

Northcoaster

I've been a Hoagland fan since the 90's and became a bigger fan after reading Dark Mission. He's a controversial fella, but he always has evidence to back up his claims. I've been tripping my siblings and friends out with his book for a while now ;)

Scruff

Quote from: linden2k on February 17, 2012, 07:33:30 PMHoagland weekend
Oh thank god it's just Hoagland weekend - I kept checking in and freaking out because it was ALL RCH!!!  I almost cried.  Nice to know things will be back to normal shortly.   

Face on mars . . . humbug . . .

linden2k

Quote from: Scruff on February 18, 2012, 11:37:19 PM
Oh thank god it's just Hoagland weekend - I kept checking in and freaking out because it was ALL RCH!!!  I almost cried.  Nice to know things will be back to normal shortly.   
Face on mars . . . humbug . . .
The people demanded Hoagland!

linden2k

Pray that no one asks for a solid month of Ed Dames.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: linden2k on February 19, 2012, 12:34:04 AM
Pray that no one asks for a solid month of Ed Dames.

i think a dames weekend would be great.  it's always fun to go back and listen to his horse shit predictions failing to come true ten years later.

linden2k

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on February 19, 2012, 09:48:26 PM

i think a dames weekend would be great.  it's always fun to go back and listen to his horse shit predictions failing to come true ten years later.

Hah, yeah. I heard a show the other day where Dames said we'll definitely make first contact by 2004.

Test4echo

Just gotta chime in and say Holy Crap!  ;D
I'm 40 years old and this stream has hit a spot I had no idea it would hit. Wow.

I found "Fine Art"  by accident on my new Galaxy Nexus phone in the market place using tunein radio search.
Then I found Coast Gab through that!
So Here I am.

Listening to these shows is almost unreal. My wife is really annoyed at me because i am neglecting her.  From 10 pm till, crap 5am  most nights..my ear buds are in and i'm just lovin it.

I was actually stunned one night when the show with Malachi was on and I remembered what bumper music was coming up. Then It occurred to me, that was like 15 or 16 years ago....OMG.
I remember it like it was yesterday.

I can't believe how nostalgic i feel at 40..lol

I miss him like you all do  sooo much damn, i wish he would find a new forum to speak from.

I'm sure he could stomp on c2c easily within a few months time.

Thanks You guys and gals!

Test,

MV/Liberace!

hi, test.  welcome to coastgab.  i hope you'll post often.

Test4echo

You Betcha Mike! I will.

Test,

superdeluxe

Do you have the Trumbull County UFO 911 tapes show?

b_dubb

how completely bad ass would it be if ... through some strange coastgab twist of fate ... Art would be willing to do a show over the Fine Art stream?  i know ... i know ... a guy can dream

linden2k

Quote from: b_dubb on February 22, 2012, 06:47:49 PM
how completely bad ass would it be if ... through some strange coastgab twist of fate ... Art would be willing to do a show over the Fine Art stream?  i know ... i know ... a guy can dream

We would repeat that show for a year.

linden2k

Quote from: Test4echo on February 21, 2012, 03:17:22 PM
I found "Fine Art"  by accident on my new Galaxy Nexus phone in the market place using tunein radio search.
Then I found Coast Gab through that!
So Here I am.

Awesome! Welcome. Did you hear about Coastgab from our promos?

linden2k

Quote from: superdeluxe on February 22, 2012, 01:38:50 PM
Do you have the Trumbull County UFO 911 tapes show?

Do you know the date of the show?

Scruff

Quote from: linden2k on February 23, 2012, 11:12:12 AM
Do you know the date of the show?
I have it in my archive as:
Kenny Young - 26 Feb 99 - Trumbull County UFOs

Test4echo

Quote from: linden2k on February 22, 2012, 10:08:45 PM
Awesome! Welcome. Did you hear about Coastgab from our promos?

Sure did! Although, its really tough I find to catch one of your promos.
However...one of your promos scared the hell outta me.....I don't who's doing the low, dreamy slow talk promo but its freaky.
I had a nightmare dammit!
Stop it!

LLAB

Test,

linden2k

Quote from: Scruff on February 23, 2012, 02:03:49 PM
I have it in my archive as:
Kenny Young - 26 Feb 99 - Trumbull County UFOs

Got it! We'll throw it in the mix.

hitfan

I only listened to Art Bell sporadically back when he was prominent and I didn't become a regular listener until George Noory took over.

So listening to these classic episodes is a real treat.

gs2offroad

Mel Walters from '02 on now, what a hoot!  I grew up in Ellensburg and spent a lot of time running around Manashtash Ridge on dirt bikes and Jeeps. 

I think Mel jumped the shark with the story about Basque sheepherders lowering a sheep into the Nevada hole.   Baby seal with human eyes that speaks through a boombox?  Humbug!   ;)

Thanks again for the stream.

b_dubb

Quote from: gs2offroad on February 23, 2012, 10:31:48 PM
Mel Walters from '02 on now, what a hoot!  I grew up in Ellensburg and spent a lot of time running around Manashtash Ridge on dirt bikes and Jeeps. 

I think Mel jumped the shark with the story about Basque sheepherders lowering a sheep into the Nevada hole.   Baby seal with human eyes that speaks through a boombox?  Humbug!   ;)

i can't believe ANYONE took Mel and his HOLE seriously.  baby seal?  basque sheep herders?  giant hole?  wtf?

coaster

Quote from: gs2offroad on February 23, 2012, 10:31:48 PM

A silly and unbelievable story, but mel's hole was one of the most entertaining stories on c2c.  ;D Id rather hear bs stories like mel's, rather than "prophets" and doom and gloom every night