• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Stream! (No longer in service)

Started by fromwomewhere outthere, October 01, 2011, 11:51:55 PM

gs2offroad

Quote from: linden2k on January 22, 2012, 10:35:02 PM
We've got a few creepy promos running here and there. :)
Creepy promo voice sounds like Victor!  8)

b_dubb

Quote from: linden2k on January 22, 2012, 10:35:02 PM
We've got a few creepy promos running here and there. :)
.... george noory sucks ...

linden2k

Quote from: gs2offroad on January 25, 2012, 11:34:53 PM
Creepy promo voice sounds like Victor!  8)
We had Victor do them. Nice guy.

ksm32

The Fine Art Stream is really cool, just found it two weeks ago and it actually has a shortcut link on my desktop. I really wish I knew the original date of the show but it was RCH talking about the Arecibo message from 1974. If anyone knows the date please let me know at  iwant@meatmonsterkills.com

Loved hearing the "Art Bell reads the "Art of Talk" the other night. I have the hard cover SE but it was cool to hear Arts voice read it instead of mine in my head.  Keep it up and Godspeed Man!!! :D

gs2offroad

Thank you for providing this stream!  :)
Art Bell's hosting skills are a pleasure to listen to, regardless of the topic.  The host, the guests and the callers were so much better orchestrated back then, somewhere in time.

Lovely Bones

Linden, just dropping in this thread for another thanks.  With the wasteland on C2C these days, I'm loving the alternative of your stream.  When I can't take another minute of what's happening with the regular C2C broadcasts, a re-run of Art is just what the doctor ordered!

linden2k

Quote from: Lovely Bones on January 29, 2012, 01:33:33 PM
Linden, just dropping in this thread for another thanks.  With the wasteland on C2C these days, I'm loving the alternative of your stream.  When I can't take another minute of what's happening with the regular C2C broadcasts, a re-run of Art is just what the doctor ordered!
No problem! Next weekend we'll be running nothing but Dreamland.

Quote from: linden2k on January 29, 2012, 04:47:34 PM
No problem! Next weekend we'll be running nothing but Dreamland.
+1,000  8)

Area51

Quote from: linden2k on January 26, 2012, 10:23:21 AM
We had Victor do them. Nice guy.
Please tell Victor he should give Art a call and convince him to come out of retirement :o)

linden2k

Quote from: Area51 on January 29, 2012, 09:36:21 PM
Please tell Victor he should give Art a call and convince him to come out of retirement :o)
Victor showed up long enough to use a weird voice and drink all of our beer. Oh well.

...every time I hear a show I place myself back in the year it was on. I love it. Makes me feel either young, or not so young again.
And I think that is the key to this whole thing.. listening to shows from yesteryear makes us all feel old or aging. I am only 31.. but........when I hear a show from 2002 I wonder to myself, what was a 22 year old ME doing that night? ...
Makes things more .... real.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HorrorReporter on February 01, 2012, 08:44:50 PM
...every time I hear a show I place myself back in the year it was on. I love it. Makes me feel either young, or not so young again.
And I think that is the key to this whole thing.. listening to shows from yesteryear makes us all feel old or aging. I am only 31.. but........when I hear a show from 2002 I wonder to myself, what was a 22 year old ME doing that night? ...
Makes things more .... real.

i have exactly the same thoughts when i listen to those old shows.

jazmunda

Ditto. I even remember to listening live to certain shows at my computer playing solitaire or freecell. Boy I haven't played solitaire or freecell in 15 years. Gotta love old school windows games.

linden2k

Quote from: HorrorReporter on February 01, 2012, 08:44:50 PM
...every time I hear a show I place myself back in the year it was on. I love it.
Amen. it especially takes me back hearing Art talk about the news happening at the time. I too wonder where I was when Mel called in for the first time.

linden2k

also, we are the #1 Art stream at the moment! so awesome. 400 listeners.

superdeluxe

I wonder if someone out there has all of art's shows, maybe one day they will mail their tapes for the betterment of mankind and get all the shows circulating.

One could hope!

superdeluxe

Love this morning's topic about the Roswell Investigations from 1997, love it!

MV/Liberace!

you've peaked at 431.  nice.

fuck the u7 stream.

Morgus

FYI, looks like the streaming show thats on right now (from Sep 19,1997 with GMS) doesn't have some of the commercials editted out and some have Noory's voice that tends to ruin the classic Art Bell mood for a few moments...  8)
Thanks for the old shows and congratulations on moving up fast on the shoutcast list - in the top 10 of the "Talk" category often now.   :)

linden2k

Quote from: Morgus on February 02, 2012, 04:00:59 PM
FYI, looks like the streaming show thats on right now (from Sep 19,1997 with GMS) doesn't have some of the commercials editted out and some have Noory's voice that tends to ruin the classic Art Bell mood for a few moments...  8)
Thanks for the old shows and congratulations on moving up fast on the shoutcast list - in the top 10 of the "Talk" category often now.   :)

Trust me, I wish I had software that could detect and remove Noory's voice. The whole world would benefit from this software. Radios would have a "Noory Button". Unfortunately, science isn't there yet and digging through over 1,000 shows isn't an option. For now, though, we'll have to settle for unplugging our ethernet cables and hoping the voice goes away.

b_dubb

Quote from: linden2k on February 02, 2012, 05:31:10 PM
Trust me, I wish I had software that could detect and remove Noory's voice. The whole world would benefit from this software. Radios would have a "Noory Button". Unfortunately, science isn't there yet and digging through over 1,000 shows isn't an option. For now, though, we'll have to settle for unplugging our ethernet cables and hoping the voice goes away.

Just add this handing dandy bit of code:

if ( asshole ) {
  delete;
}

if this code doesn't work ( and it won't ), don't ask me for support

hugs

b_dubb

superdeluxe

Is the stream down for anyone else?  Or is it just on my end?

linden2k

We haven't had any issues that I'm aware of. Everything looks good.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: b_dubb on February 02, 2012, 06:10:02 PM
Just add this handing dandy bit of code:

if ( asshole ) {
  delete;
}

if this code doesn't work ( and it won't ), don't ask me for support

hugs

b_dubb

Someone please figure out how to insert b_dubb's code into the Coast broadcast.  I just saw that we've got Noory tonight AND Sunday.  What happened to our Noory-free weekends?  Time to tune into FineArt! 

linden2k

Quote from: Lovely Bones on February 03, 2012, 11:20:34 AM
Someone please figure out how to insert b_dubb's code into the Coast broadcast.  I just saw that we've got Noory tonight AND Sunday.  What happened to our Noory-free weekends?  Time to tune into FineArt!

We've got Ghost to Dreamland weekend starting RIGHT NOW!

b_dubb

Quote from: linden2k on February 03, 2012, 04:21:42 PM
We've got Ghost to Dreamland weekend starting RIGHT NOW!
HOORAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Northcoaster

I've been going to sleep to Fine Art and having the craziest dreams....reminds me of old times  :D :D

linden2k

Quote from: Northcoaster on February 04, 2012, 01:22:02 AM
I've been going to sleep to Fine Art and having the craziest dreams....reminds me of old times  :D :D
I've had some of my craziest dreams falling asleep to episodes like the Bigfoot scream.

Scruff

Ghost to Ghost 93' baby!!!!

glowing . . . red . . . eyes . . .

linden2k

G2G 95' coming over the air waves at the moment.

Quote from: Scruff on February 04, 2012, 12:37:01 PM
Ghost to Ghost 93' baby!!!!

glowing . . . red . . . eyes . . .