• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quotes

Started by chandlerkaiden, July 19, 2016, 10:50:13 AM

Newspapers are not as much fun.  Somehow, they always get stuff wrong.  I mean, it absolutely is guaranteed. At least when you're on radio, these are your words.  They're not going to change.

-Art Bell to John Keel (2002)

You have to contemplate what sort of world it would be if all of the normal people get vaporized, and the only ones to emerge from a nuclear holocaust are our politicians, who probably are to blame for the whole damn thing in the first place.

Xitheron

So right now..quantum entanglement, in terms of trying to get an explanation for it.. we may as well call it magic. 7-30-2015
(to John Dvorak)

Robert

Quote from: TinCupChalice on July 19, 2016, 12:42:11 PMYou have to contemplate what sort of world it would be if all of the normal people get vaporized, and the only ones to emerge from a nuclear holocaust are our politicians, who probably are to blame for the whole damn thing in the first place.

I remember that one!

I had the opp'ty to sit down along with a few friends with John Keel in the 1990s, then walked around a bit with him once, occasionally a phone conversation.  Most of the time I'm afraid I bored him, which I'm good at, although it seemed he kept hoping I'd have something interesting for him.  How do you keep the interest of a John Keel, huh?  Plus I got him a little testy when I grilled him about a detail in Mothman; I'd wanted to know how far and fast a star had moved in catching up with the motion of stars around Polaris after it'd been apparently stationary for some time with him watching.

Sure wish he hadn't cut himself off from nearly everybody after his heart attack.  His friends in the NY Fortean Society were dying off, they'd stopped meeting, but he still kept up with magician & magic-interested friends.  He introduced me to Ben Robinson, author of Twelve Have Died, about the bullet catch.

There are women who have the power to completely, utterly transform anybody in their presence into anything they want.  Now, most women don't use that power, and I've heard it said that, god help men if most women ever learned the power that they really have, if they wish to use it in the manner that Sante apparently did.
-Art Bell to Kent Walker (2001)

You cannot go to these very powerful men who have built up virtual kingdoms within a republic, a democracy--and they have, too, virtual kingdoms--and say, look, we're going to eclipse your power, and you're going to be reporting to somebody else now.  It doesn't work that way.

-Art Bell (open lines prior to Evelyn Paglini, 2004)

Caller:  "Your program has given me more enjoyment than anything I've ever known.  Thank you so much."

Art:  "Well, I wish your world was wider, but thank you."

-Evelyn Paglini (2004)

There's more than one way to skin a cat, and there's more than one way to say yes... saying yes is a very, very easy thing to do.  To drink, to cocaine, to illicit love, to licit love.  We say yes in various ways.  You haven't got to say Y-E-S, you know?  It's very easy.

-Malachi Martin to Art Bell (1997)

You know, the difficulty is this.  It's not therapy you need.  It's healing.  And there's a big difference.  Therapy consists of a mixture of conversation and logic and pharmacology.  That's therapy, but that merely makes you viable, you know?  You can carry on.  But it doesn't heal the soul... tears are very, very salvific, darling.  Don't be afraid of them.

-Malachi Martin to caller (Host: Art Bell, 1998)

Fear is just a weapon used against you to unbalance your soul.  Don't let it dominate you.

-Malachi Martin to caller (Host:  Art Bell, 1998)

The forum has always been a bunch of degenerates sitting around saying horrible things.  That's what BellGab has always been, back to when it was CoastGab, back to when it was GeorgeNoorySucks.com prior to that.  It's always been a focal point of unfortunate human expression.  We'll put it that way.  But it is--I hate that phrase--but it is what it is.  I mean, it's just, that's why it still exists, because nobody stepped in to impede that, nobody stepped in to limit that.

-MV, Gabcast (08/05/2016)

The Anarchist

Quote from: TinCupChalice on August 10, 2016, 02:25:45 PM
It's always been a focal point of unfortunate human expression.

Unfortunate humans or unfortunate expressions by humans?

Quote from: The Anarchist on August 11, 2016, 11:46:03 PM
Unfortunate humans or unfortunate expressions by humans?

It's basically his official manifesto and mission statement.  He should post it in the "Rules" section on fancy parchment.

"While some guys are out learning to be soldiers, the gals are staying home learning to manipulate"

The nectar of the gods is blood, just like the metal of the gods is gold.
-Evelyn Paglini to Art Bell (03/15/2001)

Quote from: TinCupChalice on August 15, 2016, 02:33:12 PM
The nectar of the gods is blood, just like the metal of the gods is gold.
-Evelyn Paglini to Art Bell (03/15/2001)

What does that even mean?  One of many annoying guests

It makes sense  when you hear it spoken with a Marlboro accent

"There is a part of my lip in the ashtray"

Robert

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on August 17, 2016, 05:53:24 PM"There is a part of my lip in the ashtray"
That's OK.  If it were Jorch it'd be in the microwave.

This is a quotable section that cannot be transcribed... it has to be EXPERIENCED.  Ahhh, Wolfman.  I haven't listened in a while, I wonder if he still calls in.

Now, folks, I want quality weirdness.
-Art Bell, Truth or Trash, 07/04/1996

Even death will not dissolve my awareness of who I am.
-Negative NDEs, Sarah (Guest), 02/04/1999