• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on June 22, 2017, 07:45:37 PM
Was there ever any blowback from the terrestrial radio stations who Bell stiffed by quitting? Did he or Keith get sued? I remember saying during the lead up to MITD any PD who hitched his wagon to Bell/MITD was an idiot.  Wonder if any of those guys lost their jobs?
I know I felt like a complete jackass when Art quit, again, because I was pestering the local station manager at my powerful AM stations. One never replied except once with a statement about how he respected Art's work in the past. The other replied a lot and was very nice and also acknowledged "Art's genius" but, again, in reference to the past. I also got a vibe from him that he knew Art came with too much drama and it wouldn't last. He obviously knew more than me about radio and the business.

Quote from: brig ☕ on June 22, 2017, 07:44:27 PM
You make a good point.

That's five wasted words. I know I make a good point. Don't bother telling me I'm right either.

Dyna-X

Quote from: Crunch Hardtack on June 22, 2017, 06:59:01 PM
I recall while he was doing Midnight in the Desert he had the opportunity to pick up a serious amount of terrestrial radio stations but turned it down. It had the ring of truth to it because his excuse wasn't that good. It was something like 'I want to keep it small'. What I took from that was he knew then he wasn't into doing it any longer but wasn't sure what he was going to do about it. I can't remember which show it was when he said it, but it's out there.
Could be that he did negotiate a deal, but the other side had seen the stats and backed out. The "I want to keep it small." would be self-consoling sour grapes. He talked about this on several shows.

Dyna-X

Quote from: brig ☕ on June 22, 2017, 07:21:07 PM
I think it was Officers Gravity and Ciardello that arrested me.  I could be wrong.
Nearly everyone tried to give her the benefit of the doubt and some time in the beginning. And she did get better and occasionally has a listenable show depending on the topic/guest. But seldom anything spectacular.

Art could interview a trash collector and make radio gold. Or at least he could before the goats or whatever got to him.

ge30542

Quote from: ItsOver on June 22, 2017, 03:12:45 PM
My listeners are idiots, so they'll fall right in line for you.  Look at all the wacko guests they eagerly ate-up over the years."
"If they'll buy that effin' Kytosan, they'll buy anything"

CozyRozie

Quote from: LucaParcelli on June 22, 2017, 06:20:17 PM
This is an important point, Dyna-X!

"Something else occurred several days before he announced the quit. For all I know, it was "paranormal" - red-eyed shadow men, poltergeist type stuff. Catch-22. If he reports it to the police, it would discredit the earlier reports. Nye Co. Sheriffs would think he was drinking his own Kool-Aid and stop searching for the human stalker."

THAT'S why he was never found... We all know it was the goat.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 22, 2017, 07:48:09 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpccpglnNf0

lol,funny stuff.
yes goats are evil, possessed by demons creatures.
I might buy small young goat or adult goat with horns and sacrifice that bustard to get that stupid Noory off the air at C2C.
I ALREADY DID BLOODY SACRIFICES WITH CHICKENS, BLACK CATS, RABBITS AND DOVES.

..talking about creatures with horns, LOL

paladin1991

Quote from: brig ☕ on June 22, 2017, 07:21:07 PM
I think it was Officers Gravity and Ciardello that arrested me.  I could be wrong.

Did they choke you out and make you do the chicken?

paladin1991

Quote from: Crunch Hardtack on June 22, 2017, 07:56:17 PM
That's five wasted words. I know I make a good point. Don't bother telling me I'm right either.

Wow.  You are one vicious faggot for picking on Brig like that. 

CozyRozie

Quote from: Crunch Hardtack on June 22, 2017, 07:38:07 PM
This coming from the person whom decides whether we are legitimate bellgabbers or not.
If I end up buying BellGab I will make new rules.. legitimacy will be bannable offense..whatever that means :)

Dyna-X

Quote from: CozyRozie on June 22, 2017, 11:45:55 PM
If I end up buying BellGab I will make new rules.. legitimacy will be bannable offense..whatever that means :)
Only bastard children would be able to post things like the flat earth and George's Tangy Tangerine supplements and Michael Horn would become the site mascot.

Quote from: Yorkshire Pudiphile on June 22, 2017, 11:38:53 PM
Wow.  You are one vicious faggot for picking on Brig like that.

I prefer penis friendly.

CozyRozie

Art Bell
Art Bell
Art Bell  ATTENTION ART BELL

you might like to read this latest development in this thread, 
"BUYING BellGab. YES I'm seriously considering..."
http://bellgab.com/random-topics/buying-bellgab-yes-i'm-seriously-considering/new/#top

Art, IF I BUY BELLGAB YOUR NAME WILL BE GONE and I might ban you if you don't start posting.

coaster

If you bought the site, please ban me as well.

CozyRozie

Quote from: coaster on June 23, 2017, 01:07:15 AM
If you bought the site, please ban me as well.
I will ban no one, but there will be two restrictions (one related to one particular topic, second to level of vulgarity/personal insults).
You are great poster and have nothing to worry.

If I do buy BellGab I will continue MV's tolerance level, well not 100% but very close.
Little bit of cleanup and bit of discipline will do this site good, otherwise wild-wild west

Hog

Quote from: CozyRozie on June 23, 2017, 01:14:10 AM
I will ban no one, but there will be two restrictions (one related to one particular topic, second to level of vulgarity/personal insults).
You are great poster and have nothing to worry.

If I do buy BellGab I will continue MV's tolerance level, well not 100% but very close.
Little bit of cleanup and bit of discipline will do this site good, otherwise wild-wild west
Will we still be able to use the word "Joo"?

peace
Hog

CozyRozie

Quote from: Hog on June 23, 2017, 01:34:43 AM
Will we still be able to use the word "Joo"?

peace
Hog

Of course, but that stupid jerk denying Holocaust will be asked to stop his nonsense including his underaged asian girls/pedo shit.
Otherwise TALKING ABOUT ALL NATIONALITIES WILL BE ALLOWED but with some intelligence, not denying actual historical events or posting on the edge Asian child erotic pictures/cartoons.
Take that shit to the Dark Web, creep.   

Lilith

Quote from: Yorkshire Pudiphile on June 22, 2017, 11:37:59 PM
Did they choke you out and make you do the chicken?

No, they just gave me official notice of being under arrest, which hurt my feelings.

CozyRozie

Quote from: brig ☕ on June 23, 2017, 04:56:22 AM
No, they just gave me official notice of being under arrest, which hurt my feelings.

brig, they also give you that special Heather Wade pillow, remember.
I don't have pic of it but I'm sure someone will post it

Lilith

Quote from: th'ONE on June 23, 2017, 05:01:33 AM
brig, they also give you that special Heather Wade pillow, remember.
I don't have pic of it but I'm sure someone will post it

I DO remember, I was looking for that pic last night, but couldn't find it.  It might have got removed when MV was moving the forum around, and posted pictures got lost.  :'(

cweb

Quote from: Uncle Duke on June 22, 2017, 07:45:37 PM
Was there ever any blowback from the terrestrial radio stations Bell stiffed by quitting? Did he or Keith get sued? I remember saying during the lead up to MITD any PD who hitched his wagon to Bell/MITD was an idiot.  Wonder if any of those guys lost their jobs?
I basically begged one of our local stations to carry MITD. They piloted it on one of their smaller sister stations for a week or so, then put it on one of the mid-level ones until Art ditched. The engineer I spoke to said that the show was delivered "strangely" and that "nobody uses audible tones for breaks anymore." They were pretty annoyed when Art left. No jobs were lost, but that PD sure as hell isn't touching any live content related to Art Bell any time soon.

I don't recall seeing anything about contracts. The terms were basically such that MITD could run their show with their ads and the stations got two slots where they could run their ads. Maybe the stations don't have any legal recourse because there wasn't any real legal obligation.

paladin1991

Quote from: cweb on June 23, 2017, 05:24:38 AM
I basically begged one of our local stations to carry MITD. They piloted it on one of their smaller sister stations for a week or so, then put it on one of the mid-level ones until Art ditched. The engineer I spoke to said that the show was delivered "strangely" and that "nobody uses audible tones for breaks anymore." They were pretty annoyed when Art left. No jobs were lost, but that PD sure as hell isn't touching any live content related to Art Bell any time soon.

I don't recall seeing anything about contracts. The terms were basically such that MITD could run their show with their ads and the stations got two slots where they could run their ads. Maybe the stations don't have any legal recourse because there wasn't any real legal obligation.

Sooooo, what you are saying is, that ART fucked us all.

I feel so dirty.

WildCard

Quote from: th'ONE on June 22, 2017, 11:17:52 PM
I ALREADY DID BLOODY SACRIFICES WITH CHICKENS, BLACK CATS, RABBITS AND DOVES.

how's that workin out for you?

CozyRozie

Quote from: WildCard on June 23, 2017, 08:02:48 AM
Rather ask how that worked for Art, or I should say against Art. LOL
I'm sure Art would cringe if he was watching cat giving his life for Art's misfortune. ha ha

CozyRozie

Quote from: WildCard on June 23, 2017, 08:02:48 AM

btw,
I should make an correction it should be singular not plural:
"I ALREADY DID BLOODY SACRIFICES WITH CHICKENS, BLACK CATS, RABBITS AND DOVES."

CozyRozie

Quote from: WildCard on June 23, 2017, 10:14:30 AM

that's nice dear

wow, you just got a hair cut, nice, fat face

CozyRozie

(((His))) real name