• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Amityville Horror House For Sale

Started by albrecht, June 22, 2016, 08:08:28 PM

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 22, 2016, 08:47:01 PM
I'd buy it if I had the money and try to turn it into a Bed and Breakfast. $200-$300 bucks a night. Zoning laws might cause problems though.
Yeah, definitely research the zoning laws before you buy.  ;) Here they are also prohibiting short-term rentals and using those web services where you can rent out your house for a weekend or house-swap with someone somewhere else. (Neighbors who don't use them don't like big event at their neighbor's house becoming a party house or more traffic.) I've also noticed a trend that people are definitively becoming less 'neighborly' and not many kids playing together outside or riding bikes around. Many remods etc putting up not just fences but walls. A few streets you can walk through and now all walls. This trend started sometime ago (with the backyard becoming bigger than the front lawn and decks on the back instead of porches up front.) But now it is like everyone is preparing for some invasion! I'm not sure how the deer and animals handle it in the areas on greenbelts and creek.

chefist

I wonder what the comps are ? $850k doesn't sound like a haunted bargain. Lol

I think Lutz said they bought it for $85k back in the 70's.

Real Estate is so overpriced in that part of the country. 

Quote from: FightTheFuture on June 22, 2016, 09:12:27 PM
Real Estate is so overpriced in that part of the country.

And then you have to pay the outrageous property taxes on top of that. I'll never live in New Jersey or New York ever again.

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 22, 2016, 09:24:01 PM
And then you have to pay the outrageous property taxes on top of that. I'll never live in New Jersey or New York ever again.
Presumably the people living in those nice neighborhoods have salaries to match those ridiculous prices or are they over-mortgaged and actually scrapping by to pay those prices, the taxes, etc? Having said that we have ridiculous prices here also. +$600K for a friggin condo? Not even downtown but near my old place and where some family still lives in the suburbs/outlying area? And now that area annexed and a part of the city so taxes have gone up. And on one of the most traffic-plagued highways. And you don't even get a yard but got those nice condo and HOA fees in addition to taxes? But some yuppie from California or internet-type will buy and they all sold out. At least for $850K up there you get river access, some yard, and nicer house and the 'history' and demons!

chefist

Even if you don't believe the Lutz story, Defeo murdered his entire family there. That's enough for me to pass on it.

Quote from: albrecht on June 22, 2016, 09:34:13 PM
Presumably the people living in those nice neighborhoods have salaries to match those ridiculous prices or are they over-mortgaged and actually scrapping by to pay those prices, the taxes, etc? Having said that we have ridiculous prices here also. +$600K for a friggin condo? Not even downtown but near my old place and where some family still lives in the suburbs/outlying area? And now that area annexed and a part of the city so taxes have gone up. And on one of the most traffic-plagued highways. And you don't even get a yard but got those nice condo and HOA fees in addition to taxes? But some yuppie from California or internet-type will buy and they all sold out. At least for $850K up there you get river access, some yard, and nicer house and the 'history' and demons!

I'd love to do a proper paranormal investigation in the place.  I believe paranormal stuff happened in the house but it may have been more related to George Lutz than the house itself.  The kids seem to think so anyway.

3OctaveFart

Quote from: albrecht on June 22, 2016, 09:34:13 PM
Presumably the people living in those nice neighborhoods have salaries to match those ridiculous prices or are they over-mortgaged and actually scrapping by to pay those prices, the taxes, etc? Having said that we have ridiculous prices here also. +$600K for a friggin condo?
Sold a small condo a few years back for a goodly sum comparable.

I didn't make the rules and don't agree with them but will play by them. If mainland China wants to eat up then they will find takers.

JesusJuice

They remodelled the house so that it doesn't have the "eyes" anymore. So fuck it.

ksm32

Quote from: JesusJuice on June 24, 2016, 12:51:50 AM
They remodelled the house so that it doesn't have the "eyes" anymore. So fuck it.

A good contractor could plop those eyes back in to place. Easily! Then you could light little red lights in them and tell folks "that's Jody"

Jodie? Whatever!