• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The "Exposing PseudoAstronomy" Podcast

Started by astroguy, January 04, 2013, 12:51:45 AM

astroguy

Hi Guys, Gals, and Others!

It was recommended that I post a thread for my podcast, "Exposing PseudoAstronomy," a podcast about various pseudoscientific topics that deal with the general topic of astronomy (and some geology and some physics).  Most of the topics have been discussed on Coast to Coast AM in the past (and will likely be in the future), and I get a lot of my source material and ideas for topics from C2C.  Hence why I'm putting it up here, on this forum.

Probably the easiest way to browse previous topics is through the episode tree.

I will post to this thread whenever a new episode is out.  With all that in mind, let me know what you think of the podcast, specific episodes, and any questions or requests!

astroguy

I started the podcast back in August 2011, so I'm jumping in a bit in the middle at this point.  With that said, Episode 59, "The Face on Mars, Part 1" has been posted.  Part 2, due out on January 8, will discuss more of the conspiracy angle of it and different ideas/models by various people.  Part 1 was more of a Hoagland history of it episode.

ziznak

I checked out part one a few days ago.  Interesting trip down memory lane with Hoaxy. 
Taking on his Face on Mars is quite the undertaking, Astro, kudos on being able to sit through and edit all that Hoagsludge... now go wash your ears out!!

I was looking at an index page showing all of astros podcasts that I've listened to before and I've hit most of them. 

astroguy

Quote from: ziznak on January 05, 2013, 09:58:30 PM
Taking on his Face on Mars is quite the undertaking, Astro, kudos on being able to sit through and edit all that Hoagsludge... now go wash your ears out!!

Tell me 'bout it -- I haven't been able to listen to C2C for the last 2 weeks 'cause of all that.

astroguy

Second part is being finished right now in terms of writing it (yes, I wrote part of it last week before the 1st came out based on extra material, but I didn't finish it).  The conspiracy stuff is going to be material from Nick Redfern, I'm going to talk about Mark Carlotto's work, and then talk about other faces people have thought they've seen found.

astroguy

The follow-up, Episode 60, The Face on Mars (Part 2), has been posted.  This one addresses more of why this is pareidolia, some image analysis by Mark Carlotto, other faces, and some of the different conspiracy claims.

ziznak

whoa I actually fell 2 podcasts behind! usually as fast as you make em I listen.

astroguy

Thanks, let me know what you think.  There are nearly a dozen C2C clips in the last two, plus one from Dreamland. ;)

astroguy

Episode 66 - The Schumann Resonance - has been posted.  A day earlier than normal, but nearly the time I say they're posted (12PM GMT)!

astroguy

Episode 67 - Russian Meteor Conspiracies - is out ... with TWO puzzlers and an announcement I'm down to 2 episodes this month.

ziznak

looking forward to the Expat interview part deux!!

astroguy

Episode 68 is out:  Expat in Hoaglandia: A Fantasia of NASA Conspiracies.  I enjoyed this episode, I hope you do, too.  Let me know if you think anything we discuss deserves its own episode (I'm thinking maybe one on designing experiments, deconstructing Hoagland's accutron stuff).

ziznak

3rd time in on this one.  You two should do an updated show with each "revelation" from the bara/hoaxland camp.  Regardless, good stuff stuart keep it up.

astroguy

Quote from: ziznak on March 25, 2013, 03:25:13 PM
3rd time in on this one.  You two should do an updated show with each "revelation" from the bara/hoaxland camp.  Regardless, good stuff stuart keep it up.

As in, you've listened to the interview a third time?  Wow ... that's more than I would want to. :)  I actually think I've only listened to each episode once, and that's during editing.

ziznak

my little reptile brain can only process so much wisdom in one sitting.  Yeah I will listen to certain very "heady" podcasts over again up to 4 or 5 times if I feel there's parts that I think I may "get" better.

Falkie2013

Quote from: astroguy on March 16, 2013, 12:56:56 PM
Episode 68 is out:  Expat in Hoaglandia: A Fantasia of NASA Conspiracies.  I enjoyed this episode, I hope you do, too.  Let me know if you think anything we discuss deserves its own episode (I'm thinking maybe one on designing experiments, deconstructing Hoagland's accutron stuff).

What did you think of the late Tom Van Flandern's assertion that the face was artificial ?

Here are two links.

www.metaresearch.org/solar system/cydonia/proof_files/proof.asp

Funny that if you type in the link above as written it sends you to the page but first lists ads for solar panels.

lol.

www.weirdtwist.com/2012/01/weird-places-face-on-mars.html

I love the green cat on the blog above. :)

Still having problems with stuff hanging when I post damnit !

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

astroguy

I didn't see anything particularly unique about his take on it other than some more geometric correction stuff that's even harder to get across on a podcast.  So, I didn't cover him in my two-parter at the beginning of the year.

ziznak

not to take away from the podcast itself in all of its critical thinking glory, could you tell more crazy aunt stories??? 
"Ya know THEY like to kidnap young smart Jewish boys!! Stuart... beee caaaaahful."
that quote is spoken with your typical comedian's Jewish mother voice btw.

astroguy

Quote from: ziznak on April 26, 2013, 10:35:55 PM
not to take away from the podcast itself in all of its critical thinking glory, could you tell more crazy aunt stories??? 
"Ya know THEY like to kidnap young smart Jewish boys!! Stuart... beee caaaaahful."
that quote is spoken with your typical comedian's Jewish mother voice btw.

That's about the only crazy aunt story I have.  Now, crazy paternal grandma stories....