• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

How many here live in Texas?

Started by yumyumtree, April 21, 2017, 10:05:06 PM

yumyumtree

Do you think Ted Cruz has a good chance of getting re-elected next year, or is it too soon to tell?

GravitySucks

Quote from: yumyumtree on April 21, 2017, 10:05:06 PM
Do you think Ted Cruz has a good chance of getting re-elected next year, or is it too soon to tell?

I think it is too soon to tell. His first election was a bit of a fluke. Tea Party got him elected when running against the establishment candidate, David Dewhurst. Dewhurst had the name recognition and the $ after being the Lt. Governor.

Cruz will probably get reelected, but not by 15% like he did in 2012.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 21, 2017, 10:10:21 PM
I think it is too soon to tell. His first election was a bit of a fluke. Tea Party got him elected when running against the establishment candidate, David Dewhurst. Dewhurst had the name recognition and the $ after being the Lt. Governor.

Cruz will probably get reelected, but not by 15% like he did in 2012.
Agree. Too soon to tell. He has opponents in the 'Trump' crowd amd especially in the big-money Republican crowd. But a Senator often means 'too big to fail' especially if meetings are made, positions are ensured,  etc. And there is even the thing that simply a name might get an illegal, or those with sympathies, a vote- even thought he is against them. And 'straight party' voting here is also a consideration. I like many of his stands but still have a feeling about him. Sorta swarming lawyer thing, maybe? I've voted for him though.

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on April 21, 2017, 10:18:36 PM
Agree. Too soon to tell. He has opponents in the 'Trump' crowd amd especially in the big-money Republican crowd. But a Senator often means 'too big to fail' especially if meetings are made, positions are ensured,  etc. And there is even the thing that simply a name might get an illegal, or those with sympathies, a vote- even thought he is against them. And 'straight party' voting here is also a consideration. I like many of his stands but still have a feeling about him. Sorta swarming lawyer thing, maybe? I've voted for him though.

The incumbent Senator usually wins. Look at Cornyn. I backed a Tea Party candidate (Stovall) against him and Cornyn won easily in the primary and general. I put Cornyn next to McCain as my two least liked GOP senators.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 21, 2017, 10:27:01 PM
The incumbent Senator usually wins. Look at Cornyn. I backed a Tea Party candidate (Stovall) against him and Cornyn won easily in the primary and general. I put Cornyn next to McCain as my two least liked GOP senators.
Yeah. Demographics are changing but still. If you listen to public radio tho "its changing" but you know people, even "Meskins," it not that much.The left thinks that people dont like families, like crime, rather have welfare than a job, arent religious, etc. Maybe, and this in only their core cities they've run, most "minorities" (even illegals) want to work, advance their kids, go to church, make money, and not have crime. I still want curbs to protect demographic situation but don't want "no immigration" or some ridiculous claim about some people.  But with no border? You get the worst also.