• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Words/phrases I hate

Started by nooryisawesome, April 10, 2018, 08:02:22 AM

Robert

Quote from: Roswells, Art on April 13, 2018, 06:51:37 PM'Literally', when it's used wrong.
I have a grammar book from ~60 yrs. ago that complains about that one.

Words that I hate?  I'll you a word that I not just merely hate but absolutely loathe. I mean I detest it with a rancor
that is unusual for my jolly demeanor.  The word that I have come to despise so much is Kanban

For my whole working career we had status meetings every Tuesdays and Thursdays - what you are doing now, what's done, what's not done,
what issues you are having and what's coming down the pike.   No problem.   Until a bunch of the younger generation showed up in force.
Problem. Reporting mere status is too confrontational.  So now we have this Kanban hell where you have to fill out these Sticky Notes and
put them on this god awful grid.   Then the damn things fall off, so you have to tape them up.  Each person has their own color Stickies.
It's like 3rd grade or something............    :'(

Robert

Quote from: Roswells, Art on April 13, 2018, 06:51:37 PMGreat idea for a thread. Most of my annoyances are communication based.
This must be serious.  The Roswells, Art lady's not laughing & winking any more.  At least my wolf's still having a good time.

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 13, 2018, 09:09:22 PM
...  Each person has their own color Stickies.

Sooo, what color are your stickies?

ItsOver

Quote from: ItsOver on April 13, 2018, 09:56:11 PM
Does your group have to do nap time, too, now?...

Probably just juice boxes

ItsOver

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 13, 2018, 10:01:43 PM
Probably just juice boxes
Ha!  I hope they get cookies, too.  I like cookies.  ;D

Quote from: ItsOver on April 13, 2018, 09:56:11 PM
Does your group have to do nap time, too, now?
;)

Oh yeah.  Plus suckers

I soooo want to be done.   Maybe get me one of those sweet gigs over at the airport hassling people

ItsOver

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 13, 2018, 10:07:58 PM
Oh yeah.  Plus suckers

I soooo want to be done.   Maybe get me one of those sweet gigs over at the airport hassling people

I'll see if I can get you added to Noory's prayer list. ;)

Quote from: ItsOver on April 13, 2018, 10:11:40 PM
I'll see if I can get you added to Noory's prayer list. ;)

I need it.  I didn't even mention the Tribes yet.     :'(

Roswells, Art

Words that I hate?  I'll you a word that I not just merely hate but absolutely loathe. I mean I detest it with a rancor
that is unusual for my jolly demeanor.  The word that I have come to despise so much is Kanban

For my whole working career we had status meetings every Tuesdays and Thursdays - what you are doing now, what's done, what's not done,
what issues you are having and what's coming down the pike.   No problem.   Until a bunch of the younger generation showed up in force.
Problem. Reporting mere status is too confrontational.  So now we have this Kanban hell where you have to fill out these Sticky Notes and
put them on this god awful grid.   Then the damn things fall off, so you have to tape them up.  Each person has their own color Stickies.

Maybe this video will make you think happier thoughts about it, or make you want to quit your job and get a boat and sail around the world. It really has something to do with what I guess is called 'kanban' starts at 6:40.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-896fMbjqQ&index=16&list=PL3ABF62604C42649F

albrecht

Quote from: Roswells, Art on April 13, 2018, 10:17:26 PM
Maybe this video will make you think happier thoughts about it, or make you want to quit your job and get a boat and sail around the world.

Bob reminds you to visit cccrane.com and get a good SW/Weather radio before you set sail! The Swedish Bikini team will 'appreciate'  it.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: albrecht on April 13, 2018, 10:19:31 PM
Bob reminds you to visit cccrane.com and get a good SW/Weather radio before you set sail! The Swedish Bikini team will 'appreciate'  it.

haha, just watch the video.

Uncle Duke

Along the same lines, I hated the word WebEx.  Back in the early/mid 00s, we had to use it once a week.  It never worked, it reminded me of the "Cone of Silence" from "Get Smart".

albrecht

Quote from: Roswells, Art on April 13, 2018, 10:21:39 PM
Clickbait!  ;) But still get the CCPlus!

Quote from: Roswells, Art on April 13, 2018, 10:21:39 PM

I am now.  Thanks.     That thing at 4:46 made me do a double take.  Thought it was  a rotted dead dog for a second.

Great.  So that Kanban shit even follows you to the damn South Seas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scream real loud

Roswells got me good there  :P

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 13, 2018, 10:32:13 PM
Great.  So that Kanban shit even follows you to the damn South Seas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scream real loud

Roswells got me good there  :P

I thought it was inspiring. You and the Mrs. are most welcome on my s/v.

paladin1991

Looks like a goat screw waiting to happen.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 13, 2018, 10:44:47 PM

That's you in a nutshell, you piece of shit! >:(

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 13, 2018, 10:44:47 PM

Let's just say I wouldn't buy the shit we put out now.  Used to have a sense of accomplishment and yes even pride
when we shipped something.   Now it's more like shame    :-[

paladin1991

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 13, 2018, 10:45:41 PM
That's you in a nutshell, you piece of shit! >:(

Funny.  I've been gone all day doing productive shit.  Home for a couple of hours, then pop onto BellGab with a cocktail.  And you have been lying in wait all fucking day waiting for me to check into a thread.  Any thread.  So that you can chase after me like a jealous fag.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 13, 2018, 11:12:05 PM
Funny.  I've been gone all day doing productive shit.  Home for a couple of hours, then pop onto BellGab with a cocktail.  And you have been lying in wait all fucking day waiting for me to check into a thread.  Any thread.  So that you can chase after me like a jealous fag.

Productive?! Is that what you call having a circle jerk with your marine buddies? I bet you had CNN on while that was happening, watching the missles fly. :D

''High Strangeness''

This overreach to find a term no one else was using was clunky and off-putting from the very first use. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 16, 2018, 10:38:05 AM
''High Strangeness''

This overreach to find a term no one else was using was clunky and off-putting from the very first use.

Would elevated weirdness be better? ???

SredniVashtar

'Drilling down', as a synonym for discussing something in depth.

'Conversation' instead of discussion or argument. People don't have those any more, they are always conversations.

'It's not a bug, it's a feature'. That one pops up often now.

Roswells, Art

'not' as in That's is good news...NOT!

aldousburbank

Antebellum
I don't know why. I just don't like that word.