• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Spec Sheet

Started by MV/Liberace!, May 30, 2009, 11:47:14 PM

eeieeyeoh

Quote from: jazmunda on January 26, 2014, 03:25:08 PM
This shouldn't happen to a new printer out of the box.

Anyway my solution came from an online source. I was instructed to photocopy a blank white page 100 times with normal paper. Then I tried to print a photo on photo paper and it works flawlessly every time now. Go figure.

WoW! I'd have never suspected 100 sheet calibration procedure. Amazing resource online is. Glad it worked. :)

jazmunda

Quote from: eeieeyeoh on January 26, 2014, 04:19:37 PM
WoW! I'd have never suspected 100 sheet calibration procedure. Amazing resource online is. Glad it worked. :)

Apparently if you only did a 99 page calibration the solution wouldn't work. Even a 101 page calibration would have messed it all up.

jazmunda

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 26, 2014, 03:55:14 PM
Lies, all lies. MV originally slipped her a micky to steal her away from the Mick backstage at a Stones concert in Toronto in the 90's. Had it not been for the Ev's intrepid nature she might have never escaped the dungeon MV timeshared with the Steven Seagal. At least that's her story.

Rumour has it that she is the only one that knows MV's secret to his thick, lustrous head of hair. Don't believe the horse semen rumours. Only Ev knows the truth which might be why we haven't heard from her in so long.

Tarbaby

Jaz, et al, yeah, :) I wasn't buying any of that historical hyperbole above except that back in June of 2013 I did sense some tension between MV and EvB on the TrainWreck. Which made me wonder about their history and friendship; a stong friendship often weathers spontaneous friction. Unless the irritations become too frequent. Anyway, that was episode June 30th 2013.

Today listened to mvdrt20130430.mp3 (last April). MV discusses how he met his wife and he and EvB explore other subjects. Now I want to hear how he met Evelyn. I'm learning MV's forte (beyond a genius for satire and incisive analysis) is the ability to clearly articulate his thoughts on a given subject. EvB is extremely articulate too but with her own viewpoint and perspective.  (Curtis wasn't in this one)

So, EvB hasn't posted since last November last year. Did she just disappear or is there a story there? In this episode she mentioned serious financial crunches she was facing… her main computer was down and clated for shop work and she was using an inferior one at work. Maybe she didn't have the funds to get it fixed? Or sold it for food?

If there was a falling out with MV, tell! This is a secret thread, right? And MV can't see it? :)

area51drone

She calls into a number of the spec sheet episodes. I could be wrong but I don't think there was any falling out.  MV seems too mellow to be the type that would be angry with anyone, let alone an older woman that generated a lot of podcast material with him.   Life just probably caught up with her and she's busy, like it does to all of us at times.

MV/Liberace!

no, there was no falling out.  evelyn is still on my skype contact list and we do still talk occasionally.  we don't talk as much as we used to, but i think that's largely because she no longer uses this forum, so our paths don't cross as much.  i stopped doing the trainwreck show because i've grown rather fatigued of current events/politics, so i have far more fun hosting the spec sheet than i did the trainwreck show.

MV/Liberace!

The next Spec Sheet episode will be Saturday, February 1st at 8PM EST, 5PM PST.  Visit UFOShip.com to listen live and chat.

MV/Liberace!

i'm spinning the hits and testing everything out to prepare for saturday's show.  listen by clicking here.  call in and help me test out the phones at 573-837-4948.

i've been plagued with audio issues which have been partially to blame for the recent lack of shows.  this will be a great way to test.

area51drone

Quote from: MV on January 27, 2014, 08:37:04 PM
i'm spinning the hits and testing everything out to prepare for saturday's show.  listen by clicking here.  call in and help me test out the phones at 573-837-4948.

i've been plagued with audio issues which have been partially to blame for the recent lack of shows.  this will be a great way to test.

Hours to call in to help you test?

jazmunda

Quote from: area51drone on January 28, 2014, 01:59:00 AM
Hours to call in to help you test?

You missed it. It was a foursome between MV, Eddie, Curtis and myself. A one off Christmas special mash up between The GabCast and The Spec Sheet. Just like when the Flintstones met the Jetsons. It will probably never happen again in our lifetimes.

area51drone

Quote from: jazmunda on January 28, 2014, 02:41:38 AM
It will probably never happen again in our lifetimes.

Thank god. 

Tarbaby

Quote from: jazmunda on January 28, 2014, 02:41:38 AM
…a mash up between The GabCast and The Spec Sheet.

The GabSheet.

MV/Liberace!

The Spec Sheet, a technology podcast hosted by Curtis Thornton (themudking) and my fat hole will air live tonight at 8EST, 5PST.  To listen live, click here.  Previous episodes available here.  Call in to the show at 573-837-4948.

MV/Liberace!

tonight's episode is now posted here.  hope you enjoy it.

eddie dean

Quote from: MV on February 01, 2014, 03:28:31 PM
The Spec Sheet, a technology podcast hosted by Curtis Thornton (themudking) and my fat hole will air live tonight at 8EST, 5PST.  To listen live, click here.  Previous episodes available here.  Call in to the show at 573-837-4948.

Try wearing different pants. Vertical stripes or black slacks will help de-emphasize fats holes. ;)
I missed the second half, but what I did catch was great.  The new music had a nice vibe. Glad you are back at it, slackers. :)

saucerlike

I missed the show live, muchas gracias for getting it up so fast.   8)

eddie dean

Quote from: saucerlike on February 01, 2014, 11:06:26 PM
I missed the show live, muchas gracias for getting it up so fast.   8)

That's what she said. ;D
(Sorry. at this point, It's simply a reflex responce.)
muscle memory if you will

jazmunda

Quote from: eddie dean on February 01, 2014, 11:28:13 PM
That's what she said. ;D
(Sorry. at this point, It's simply a reflex responce.)
muscle memory if you will

That's what she said.

steelbot

Don't be afraid of TeamViewer - it is very easy to use, and for all it's complex stuff it CAN DO - it's the easiest one I've used for remote client assistance, and ease of use for the client.  Freeware too... and iphone client too...and android...again..easy peasy just as easy as Curtis explained simple username/pass from the client that the pass is only one time use for the remote tech, furthermore the home computer (user can set a personal pass and rights level mgmt) and be remotely controlled by yourself if you wish.  It's nice, used for years and +5 out of 5.

area51drone

I haven't gotten to that part of the show yet, but I agree, Teamviewer is awesome.  I had been a log me in user for a long time, even purchased their app, but switched to Teamviewer after the debacle last week.   Now I wouldn't go back.

I requested a refund for the app - but MV did you see that email from them saying "keep using the mobile app, it will keep working".. LOL!! Yeah right.   Get your refund if/while you can.  I still would have switched, even if the app had continued to work, but I think they're doing this because either Google told them they *had* to, or they realized they were facing a class action lawsuit.

Thanks for the show and posting it so quickly. 

---- email from Logmein:

We hope as a LogMeIn Ignition customer you are enjoying your complimentary 6-month subscription of LogMeIn Pro. We’re reaching out to help clear up any confusion surrounding the recently announced change to LogMeIn Free and clarify what the changes mean for Ignition app users.

Specifically, we want you to know that mobile access to your computers has not been impacted by this change, and will remain available even after the expiration of your complimentary LogMeIn Pro subscription.

You can continue to remotely access your computers, as you have, from your mobile device with full access to the premium functionality in your LogMeIn Ignition app, whether or not you ultimately upgrade to LogMeIn Pro.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: steelbot on February 02, 2014, 02:30:09 AM
Don't be afraid of TeamViewer - it is very easy to use, and for all it's complex stuff it CAN DO - it's the easiest one I've used for remote client assistance, and ease of use for the client.  Freeware too... and iphone client too...and android...again..easy peasy just as easy as Curtis explained simple username/pass from the client that the pass is only one time use for the remote tech, furthermore the home computer (user can set a personal pass and rights level mgmt) and be remotely controlled by yourself if you wish.  It's nice, used for years and +5 out of 5.

yeah, i've been using teamviewer for several years, just not in the way i use logmein.  guess i'll have to give it a go.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: area51drone on February 02, 2014, 02:45:27 AM

You can continue to remotely access your computers, as you have, from your mobile device with full access to the premium functionality in your LogMeIn Ignition app, whether or not you ultimately upgrade to LogMeIn Pro.

hmm.  well then.  this is interesting.

eeieeyeoh

Quote from: jazmunda on January 26, 2014, 05:45:44 PM
Apparently if you only did a 99 page calibration the solution wouldn't work. Even a 101 page calibration would have messed it all up.

Australia, probably 10K waves in a boat from here wouldn't really teach me about the nature of the bush there. Not that females are different there. I mean more related to raising a child here. I have enjoyed other Countries hitchhiking around on my own when quite young (16) w/my own money earned previously. I doubt there are old fart hostels but the walking exercise w/modest backpack probably wouldn't hurt. Although I'm sad to say it, America today is probably not a good place for hitchhiking of any age. W/good driving record, a rental car would allow exploration of some incredible National and State parks at own pace though.

Tarbaby

Caught the show but late. Got home late Saturday. Plus didn't know where to find chat mode.  Is it ufoship.com and hit a CHAT button somewhere? I doubt I can chat anyway with vision problem. When I've tried CHAT on other boards (Like Laporte's) I only see about one line out of a 100 it seems.

I'm warming up to Mudking! For a while he was like Steve Gibson. Or jazz music. Meaning one has to pay strict attention to what he's saying or, like Gibson or Jazz, it actually becomes irritating as one's mind wanders. So now I pay strict attention and Curtis (is it?) seems like a great guy, VERY knowledgeable, very articulate. 

MV on the other hand is very dynamic, very colorful …but knows absolutely nothing!  No no no, I kid. I don't always agree with MV's position on (X) in the TrainWrecks but even then it's a solid footing for clarifying a contrary position because it is well stated. So a listener knows exactly where he disagrees, if he does. (Like I thought he went too far on attacking China. And Mexico. And SpinRite. Wait, those were PAST episodes of TrainWreck. And, btw, my SpinRite does read my 1 and 3 terrabuyte external hard drives. Or else it's just pretending to.)

I've been down in the tunnels exploring past archives so I feel I have soot all over me, heard eerie sounds down there, screeching and sucking noises. Met Vlad from Romania. met the guy with the perforated colon and 4 kids, met Wiccan coven spokesman, observed a brush with Rollye James...

Yes, MV, I agree with you, as a listener I do like the lighter-hearted tone of TechSheet more than the sometimes oppresive mood in TrainWreck. I've always found political discussions boring and I avoid them. Call me irresponsible I guess. The two diametrically opposed sides argue infinitely and neither can do anything about whatever is the issue of the day. I prefer to fiddle while Rome burns.
   I've always thought Politics was a bogus branch of philosophy but I have friends who cite Immanuel Kant and say no, it's a legitimate branch, worthy of study/thought.

Anyone needs me I'm headed back into the archive tunnels where the twisty turny tunnels all look alike. Although I ded hear a commotion going on up here, something about resurrecting Falkie (eloguent arguments on both sides, IMO).

Oh, also, what up with onan the arbarian? And is the rumor true that onan was actually SnaggleToothPigFucker (not sure I have that alias right), and MV was actually Quick Carl? 

Tarbaby

And think of this: A wonderful service these podcasts like TechSheet and GabCast provide. We read the various users and get a partial sense of who/what they are. But when they call the live podcast our 2 dimensional picture steps off the wall, out of the frame, and takes physical form!  I find that juxtaposition fascinating.

The next step, to an actual visual image, provides even more detail for a more complete sense of WHO it is we've known all this time.

area51drone

Quote from: Tarbaby on February 03, 2014, 03:00:04 PM
And is the rumor true that onan was actually SnaggleToothPigFucker (not sure I have that alias right), and MV was actually Bart Ell and/or Quick Carl?

What a mind fuck that would be if it were true.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Tarbaby on February 03, 2014, 03:00:04 PM
And, btw, my SpinRite does read my 1 and 3 terrabuyte external hard drives. Or else it's just pretending to.
i assume this means you're running spinrite on a hard drive plugged into a USB port, which is actually not the correct way to run spinrite.  it needs direct access to the drive via the motherboard's drive controller to do its job.  however, when you DO run spinrite on one of those big drives, i'll be interested to know what happens with it connected directly to the MOBO.

I've been down in the tunnels exploring past archives so I feel I have soot all over me, heard eerie sounds down there, screeching and sucking noises. Met Vlad from Romania. met the guy with the perforated colon and 4 kids, met Wiccan coven spokesman, observed a brush with Rollye James...

thank yewwwwwww for listening to our podcasts.  always nice to know people are out there listening.

...and MV was actually Quick Carl?

if that's true, then there's no way i've had sex with my wife in the last 12 months.  no way whatsoever.  not enough hours in the day.

Tarbaby

"i assume this means you're running spinrite on a hard drive plugged into a USB port, which is actually not the correct way to run spinrite.  it needs direct access to the drive via the motherboard's drive controller to do its job.  however, when you DO run spinrite on one of those big drives, i'll be interested to know what happens with it connected directly to the MOFO." -MV

Ah. that's right. After all this time since purchasing it I'd forgotten that. Version 6.0 on a bootable CD with FreeDOS. I imagine version 6.1 will fix the problem. Or mayhbe one can use an alternative to FreeDOS, one that handles larger drives?
   Had I known about this issue I would have asked them at Gibson Research; I had a series of emails with them about other issues back then. Really great people.