• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Missing Malaysian Airlines Flight and Speculation

Started by Up All Night, March 08, 2014, 08:33:46 PM

Uncle Duke

Quote from: bateman on March 15, 2014, 05:01:25 PM
DRUDGE SIREN

Confirmed: hijacked, possible destination Pakistan. Pilots' homes raided.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2581488/It-WAS-hijacked-Malaysian-official-says-CONCLUSIVE-jet-carrying-239-hijacked-35-000-ft-individual-group-significant-flying-experience.html

Wow.  If this was some jihadist action, I could understand why some would think Pakistan was a destination.  Looks like the a/c would have had to have gone through Indian air space to get there with the fuel on board, however.  I could accept the Indians might not have been looking south/east (to the sea) due to limited threat potential, but I have to believe they have very good radar and air intercept capability the closer they get to the Paki border.  They would have seen an a/c heading for Pakistan over/from their airspace.

Similarly, on one would expect the Pakistanis to have their best radar/fighters facing India, they would have reacted to anything headed their way from India without transponder or IFF signals.  Unless there was Paki Air Force complicity in this act, one would have expected them to react and respond to an intruder approaching or entering their airspace from India.

Had either India or Pakistan reacted to an unknown aircraft approaching or entering their airspace, I think the US would have picked up such reaction(s) through SIGINT/ELINT or other intel gathering capabilities.  No question in my mind we pay very close attention to that area, it's one of the few places in the world two nuclear armed adversaries share a common border. 

The General

I'm sure there's way more to this story than we're being told. 

VtaGeezer

Quote from: bateman on March 15, 2014, 05:01:25 PM
DRUDGE SIREN

Confirmed: hijacked, possible destination Pakistan. Pilots' homes raided.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2581488/It-WAS-hijacked-Malaysian-official-says-CONCLUSIVE-jet-carrying-239-hijacked-35-000-ft-individual-group-significant-flying-experience.html
Like it was confirmed that it went down after five hours? The media is driving speculation over the moon.  They're now using data transmission records for things for which it was never intended or calibrated; like position based on "ping" time differentials.  No hijacking or hostage taking ever went 8 days with no word. Ever.  It's as likely to be 50 feet under a Vietnamese swamp on its original track.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 15, 2014, 05:30:07 PM
Wow.  If this was some jihadist action, I could understand why some would think Pakistan was a destination.  Looks like the a/c would have had to have gone through Indian air space to get there with the fuel on board, however.  I could accept the Indians might not have been looking south/east (to the sea) due to limited threat potential, but I have to believe they have very good radar and air intercept capability the closer they get to the Paki border.  They would have seen an a/c heading for Pakistan over/from their airspace.

Similarly, on one would expect the Pakistanis to have their best radar/fighters facing India, they would have reacted to anything headed their way from India without transponder or IFF signals.  Unless there was Paki Air Force complicity in this act, one would have expected them to react and respond to an intruder approaching or entering their airspace from India.

Had either India or Pakistan reacted to an unknown aircraft approaching or entering their airspace, I think the US would have picked up such reaction(s) through SIGINT/ELINT or other intel gathering capabilities.  No question in my mind we pay very close attention to that area, it's one of the few places in the world two nuclear armed adversaries share a common border.

These third world countries are not as competent as we would think them to be.  It's a big world and one plane is easy to miss if no one is looking for it.

Totally different set of circumstances, including size of plane and flying altitude, but remember when Mathias Rust flew a Cessna from Germany and landed it in Moscow's Red Square around 1986-87?.  He flew 100's of miles through some of the most heavily guarded airspace in the world and no one picked up on him until he landed.

VtaGeezer

For the past week, all the experts have said it had to have run out of fuel within 5 hours.  Did it get to Pakistan on fumes?  BTW, the new arc of position they're all hyper about also crosses the LKP.  It still may be 50 feet under the muck of Vietnamese coastal swamp; a DC9 went down in the Everglades in the 90s and barely left a mark on the surface.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Paper*Boy on March 15, 2014, 06:25:54 PM

These third world countries are not as competent as we would think them to be.  It's a big world and one plane is easy to miss if no one is looking for it.

Totally different set of circumstances, including size of plane and flying altitude, but remember when Mathias Rust flew a Cessna from Germany and landed it in Moscow's Red Square around 1986-87?.  He flew 100's of miles through some of the most heavily guarded airspace in the world and no one picked up on him until he landed.

You need to research "Cope India" and then tell me how non-competent the Indian Air Force is.  I sat through a classified de-brief on the exercise, there were several ACC fighter pilots in that room whose eyes got real big.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 15, 2014, 06:37:54 PM
For the past week, all the experts have said it had to have run out of fuel within 5 hours.  Did it get to Pakistan on fumes?  BTW, the new arc of position they're all hyper about also crosses the LKP.  It still may be 50 feet under the muck of Vietnamese coastal swamp; a DC9 went down in the Everglades in the 90s and barely left a mark on the surface.

It didn't get to Pakistan, in fact I don't think it ever got back over land if it was indeed hijacked.  My post about India/Pakistan was more to illustrate how little understanding the media has relative to the practical aspects of such things as air space management and air defense and how they impact the ideas they throw out with little-to-no basis in real world, rational analysis.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 15, 2014, 07:16:25 PM
It didn't get to Pakistan, ...
I was commenting on the Daily Mail's apparent certainty.

b_dubb

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 15, 2014, 07:04:13 PM
You need to research "Cope India" and then tell me how non-competent the Indian Air Force is.  I sat through a classified de-brief on the exercise, there were several ACC fighter pilots in that room whose eyes got real big.
http://theboresight.blogspot.com/2009/07/swirl-of-controversy-cope-india-and-red.html
Did their eyes get real big because the IAF kicked the crap out of the USAF?

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 15, 2014, 07:16:25 PM
It didn't get to Pakistan, in fact I don't think it ever got back over land if it was indeed hijacked.  My post about India/Pakistan was more to illustrate how little understanding the media has relative to the practical aspects of such things as air space management and air defense and how they impact the ideas they throw out with little-to-no basis in real world, rational analysis.

They don't have to be factual. They just have to keep talking and stir the pot sufficiently to sell advertising.

George Drooly

I concur with whoever here was perplexed by Noory and C2C's lack of attention to this story... perfect example of what's gone wrong with this show the last ten years (talk about a hijacking!).

Meanwhile, every inane product recall gets a half-hour up front and follow ups days later. Maybe MushMouf just likes to talk about bad balogna and sick kids.

Quote from: The General on March 15, 2014, 05:38:35 PM
I'm sure there's way more to this story than we're being told.

Absolutely no question about it. ALOT more.

Juan

The plane that crashed in the Everglades hit a couple of feet of water, then solid coquina rock.  The plane broke into tiny pieces.

sNoory is not interested because there were few children aboard.  If it had been carrying an elementary school class from Warren, Ohio, sNoory would devote entire shows to it.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: b_dubb on March 15, 2014, 11:33:26 PM
http://theboresight.blogspot.com/2009/07/swirl-of-controversy-cope-india-and-red.html
Did their eyes get real big because the IAF kicked the crap out of the USAF?

In short, yes.  The real issue was how proficiently the IAF integrated a hodge-podge of old and new weapon systems against an over-confident USAF force.  The Indians had also done an outstanding job studying US tactics, and developing tactics of their own to out-perform the US force.  I remember a quote from the senior USAF officer in the exercise, something like any adversary who took the Indians lightly would get their asses kicked.

jazmunda

Quote from: George Drooly on March 16, 2014, 03:31:13 AM
I concur with whoever here was perplexed by Noory and C2C's lack of attention to this story... perfect example of what's gone wrong with this show the last ten years (talk about a hijacking!).

Meanwhile, every inane product recall gets a half-hour up front and follow ups days later. Maybe MushMouf just likes to talk about bad balogna and sick kids.

I agree wholeheartedly. During the 90s Art would have devoted many shows with a myriad of experts on this. TWA Flight 800 anyone?

VtaGeezer

Quote from: jazmunda on March 16, 2014, 02:54:42 PM
I agree wholeheartedly. During the 90s Art would have devoted many shows with a myriad of experts on this. TWA Flight 800 anyone?
Noory had David Soucie; often a CNN air crash expert; as an early guest last Tuesday, but I think when The Dim One asked if the plane might have entered a "portal", Soucie made a note to decline any reappearance with this jackass'.  But I would expect Hoagland, Dames, the witch, and maybe the numbers woman to make up a screwball panel C2C in its 2014 manifestation would be proud of.

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 16, 2014, 04:21:55 PM
Noory had David Soucie; often a CNN air crash expert; as an early guest last Tuesday, but I think when The Dim One asked if the plane might have entered a "portal", Soucie made a note to decline any reappearance with this jackass'.  But I would expect Hoagland, Dames, the witch, and maybe the numbers woman to make up a screwball panel C2C in its 2014 manifestation would be proud of.
Sadly, not as I predicted, George mentioned that they have talked to Ed Dames and he has "viewed" the plane and passengers but won't tell us (or won't allow George to announce it.) Probably until he is on the program. Unfortunately, Major Dames was NOT to busy viewing the Ukraine situation and has, apparently, viewed the plan and so will be a guest soon I expect.

Quote from: albrecht on March 16, 2014, 04:27:37 PM
Sadly, not as I predicted, George mentioned that they have talked to Ed Dames and he has "viewed" the plane and passengers but won't tell us (or won't allow George to announce it.) Probably until he is on the program. Unfortunately, Major Dames was NOT to busy viewing the Ukraine situation and has, apparently, viewed the plan and so will be a guest soon I expect.

There is no one on the planet I'm less interested in hearing from on this than Ed Fucking Dames. 

wr250

Quote from: albrecht on March 16, 2014, 04:27:37 PM

well then, we will know where the plane isnt, wont we.

Up All Night

This UK Daily Mirror article addresses some of the political angles, including how the pilot was a fan of the oppositon leader, that was just jailed, in a trumped up charge? of homosexuality. And it mentions that the pilot's wife and three children moved out of the family's home the day before the plane's disappearance.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/missing-malaysian-airlines-flight-mh370-3248001

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Paper*Boy on March 16, 2014, 05:23:29 PM

There is no one on the planet I'm less interested in hearing from on this than Ed Fucking Dames.

I'm sure Ed and his Remote Viewing Team already let the authorities know where the plane is.
I've heard Art say he's above reproach.

b_dubb

So is the thinking now that the pilot was colluding with the Iranians that had fake passports?  This story is too strange to believe.

albrecht

Quote from: bateman on March 16, 2014, 09:30:13 PM

Nice. I was just watching some of those re-runs this morning....but get working on a new show and less of the funny photoshop! Kidding, but not really. We need more good radio!

George Drooly

Quote from: bateman on March 16, 2014, 09:30:13 PM

Ah, I see Noory, Captain Kelly Sweeney and Tricky Dick Hoaxland were on that flight

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Paper*Boy on March 15, 2014, 06:25:54 PM

And what do you base your 'facts' on? Look up Redflag 77 for a lesson in 'competence'. Modern airforces irrespective of which 'world' they are, are trained by very experienced and carefully selected instructor teams. Most Indian pilots are educated in the UK, are highly intelligent have good degrees and their selection is not dissimilar to the UK or the US; In other words, very very few even get to sit in a trainer aircraft let alone an all singing all dancing weapon platform with efficient Reynolds number wings.

The caveats being: The aircraft flew at low level, and in the clutter, radar is crap at picking that out, and especially back then in the USSR. The Soviet and East German operators if they played to type would be drunk or asleep, or both. I was once told in the early 80's by an old friend in the RN; The difference between the USSR and NATO isn't just numbers. They have a box of dead matches, we might have one or two live ones, but it's enough. Rust simply (but without necessarily  knowing) exploited the shortcomings and also had a bit of luck. It was pretty good navigation using VFR.

yumyumtree

Quote from: Paper*Boy on March 16, 2014, 05:23:29 PM

I couldn't have said it better myself.