• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Candidate claims opponent is really dead and represented by body double

Started by Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost, June 27, 2014, 01:24:45 PM

He says his opponent was hanged a few years ago, along with a few other members of Congress, by the World Court in the Ukraine.  I must have been absent that day.

There just isn't enough tin foil to make hats for everyone who needs them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/27/frank-lucas_n_5537217.html

wr250

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on June 27, 2014, 01:24:45 PM
He says his opponent was hanged a few years ago, along with a few other members of Congress, by the World Court in the Ukraine.  I must have been absent that day.

There just isn't enough tin foil to make hats for everyone who needs them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/27/frank-lucas_n_5537217.html
make your own, although the kitteh is unimpressed:

albrecht

That is just plain awesome. My opponent is a body-double and demanding a DNA test. Classic. Anytime a person starts out a diatribe with "I was born a human" you know it will get interesting. Speaking of awesome candidates. Here is this gem of debate (highlights only the full debate is worth watching also. FFW through the mainstream candidates stuff though.)
THE GREAT IDAHO DEBATE SUPERCUT

Quote from: wr250 on June 27, 2014, 01:29:59 PM
make your own, although the kitteh is unimpressed:

Yeah, that's the kind of expression you'd expect from a kitty who's being forced to wear a tinfoil hat (or any other article of clothing).  I'm very familiar with that look.

BTW, maybe Tim Murray has a form of Capgras Syndrome, which is a mental condition that makes people believe their family and friends have all been replaced by imposters. Often, they get violent and try to hurt their family members because they think they're actually someone else acting with evil intentions.  Actor/comedian Tony Rosato contracted it a few years ago, and it seriously messed him up for a long time. 

albrecht

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on June 27, 2014, 02:04:43 PM

BTW, maybe Tim Murray has a form of Capgras Syndrome, which is a mental condition that makes people believe their family and friends have all been replaced by imposters. Often, they get violent and try to hurt their family members because they think they're actually someone else acting with evil intentions.  Actor/comedian Tony Rosato contracted it a few years ago, and it seriously messed him up for a long time.
I heard a lecture about similar types of phenomena when someone has a stroke or brain trauma. All kinds of fascinating (though sad) effects can happen when different parts of the brain is damaged. One patient if hearing/talking on a telephone with his mom and said "that's my mom" and recognized her. But when in person with his mom said "that's not my mom but someone who looks like her." The the voice-recognition worked but the facial recognition was broken.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/reith2003/
You can probably find it online for free somewhere. Interesting stuff.