• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Leo Ashcraft - Dark Matter News - A Long Side Knight

Started by Waco Kid, August 22, 2015, 10:17:25 AM

WhiteCrow

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 03, 2015, 12:18:52 PM
Now that I think of it, I don't know why Ashcraft was on MITD. I mean, dude's not even a BellGabber. WTF?

Got me thunkun there oh wise one.
Since we all enjoy speculating.

We know nothing about the backstory between Art, Keith and Leo's relationship, except what was unprofessionally spewed by Leo.
Maybe Leo was the problem child and Kieth was doing Art's biding for him. Making him feel uncomfortable so he'd leave on his own.

A good business exce always has a henchman on the staff to do the dirty work, so he can be protect his postive public persona.

Wasnt there a problem with keith and that whole Jimmy Church character at one time? Maybe its Keith

anunnaki

Quote from: ZomZom on October 03, 2015, 12:57:11 PM
Does anyone have a pic of what Leo looks like?  I'm having a hard time connecting the voice to these actions and a face might help. Or not.

http://feedback.pdxradio.com/forums/topic/a-new-mutual-network/
mutualradionews.com/

According to their website (which includes three demos) 20 stations have already signed up, including a low-power station (KYAC) in Mill City, east of Salem.

This new Mutual news service is not affiliated in any way with the old Mutual network. But their web site and Facebook site don’t indicate at all who is doing this or where they are located. Anyone here know anything about this? The announcer on the demos identifies himself as Leo Ashcraft. A little work on Google shows a Leo Ashcraft in Mount Vernon, Texas, who is in the radio industry.

Waco Kid

Yes! Caught that, too.

I still think the best ever was "umbrella" for "umbra" when talking about an eclipse.  ;D

popple

Quote from: nbirnes on October 03, 2015, 01:23:17 PM
My favorite was the mangling of Elton John's album title. Leo called it "Don't Shoot Me, I'm the Only Piano Player." Minor, but oh so sloppy.

HAHA! I wish someone would do a super-cut of all his flubs.

whoozit

He also did a story about Concord, NH.  He pronounced it Conchord.  In the Northeast it's pronounced Concurd.  Just a regional dialect thing.  Hear lots of announcers get it wrong.  Kind of moot at this point.

paladin1991

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on October 03, 2015, 07:58:25 AM
Why is poor Keith always thrown under the bus?

Good question.  Maybe he is difficult to work with?  Never met the man, just keep hearing how unhappy he makes ppl who work with him or deal with him.   

Uncle Duke

Good idea, would like to hear Ashcraft on Gabcast.....unless Art puts the kibosh on it.

Eddie Coyle

Could you post his social security info as well? I need new credit cards for Christmas shopping. Thanks in advance!

paladin1991

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 03, 2015, 03:27:16 PM
Good idea, would like to hear Ashcraft on Gabcast.....unless Art puts the kibosh on it.

No.  You think MV would bow to ART?  I'm sure that MV has bigger balls than that.  His wife keeps them in a water glass next to the bed.  Makes him change the water twice a week.

Weirdoradio

My question is that now that this has become an issue, will Keith and co be going back into the Time Traveler archives to retroactively edit out every DMN segment from the last two + months?

Something to ponder.

paladin1991

Quote from: Weirdoradio on October 03, 2015, 03:39:29 PM
My question is that now that this has become an issue, will Keith and co be going back into the Time Traveler archives to retroactively edit out every DMN segment from the last two + months?

Something to ponder.

I don't know what is in 'the contract' but that sounds childish to me.

lonevoice

Quote from: ASC on October 03, 2015, 12:51:52 PM
Leo is willing to do the gabcast. I straight up asked him on facebook. After I asked him, he then went into much detail. He said 1000s are by his side. If that is true, I wonder why he dedicated so much time to answering my two questions.
Leo doesn't understand how facebook works. His had his personal page set as private. His posts can only be read by people who send him "friend" requests, which he then accepts.  Bunches of people sent friend requests last night just so they could gawk at his meltdown. He said he was pleased to know so many people wanted to be friends with him.  He's naive to think that means they support him.

lonevoice

Quote from: Bobbysaltereg0 on October 03, 2015, 02:04:32 PM
Well what about Art saying he was offered more from Coast and Leo saying he wasnt?
Leo split hairs in his public answer to that.  He said, paraphrasing, "I have no interest in going to C2C.  I told Art and Keith that!"

Notice he doesn't say there were no conversations between him and C2C. He also doesn't say no offers were made to him by C2C. Art said last night that he was told this by Heather and Amy.  Who are we to believe...Heather, who we kinda "know" and have reason to believe has Art's best interests at heart?  Or Leo, a guy we don't know and who may have competing personal motivations? 

Uncle Duke

Quote from: paladin1991 on October 03, 2015, 03:34:11 PM
No.  You think MV would bow to ART?  I'm sure that MV has bigger balls than that.  His wife keeps them in a water glass next to the bed.  Makes him change the water twice a week.

Don't know that Art would ask, but if he did it would certainly put our hero MV in an awkward position. 

I see a parallel between Ashcraft/DMDN and Bell/SXM, I admire people who stand on principle.
Both went "all in" over conditions they didn't find acceptable, and both wound up off the air.  Apparently Ashcraft didn't have a no-compete, of course why should he if he wasn't being paid by DMDN, and is free to go elsewhere.  No matter where he winds up, I wish him well.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Weirdoradio on October 03, 2015, 03:39:29 PM

Something to ponder.
I better not catch Keith monkeying around inside my podcast library...

Mastodonkey

Number of factors at play here.

This isn't the first time we've heard Keith is an ass and hard to get along with.
If C2C wanted to steal Art's news man and Dark Matter News Idea why couldn't they just get their own damn man for the job? Ofcourse its easier to just throw money at somebody you already know can do it  I suppose. Plus take another shit on Art while their at it.

And, will there still be Dark Matter News and just a Leo replacement? I hope so. I enjoyed Leo immensely but someone could certainly fill his shoes if it isn't too much of an endeavor to compile the show/segment and whatnot.

Lastly, What the fuck were Leo and Keith going at each other about? I mean Leo does Dark Matter News and it has its own allocated amount of time and whatnot that it airs on the show. And from what I've heard it's mostly just a fun news thing, why so damn serious?

Lastly Lastly, Would this have anything to do with Art moving to XDS Satellite and Coast just trying to thwart that one way or another? Did Leo have something to do with Art getting on XDS in the first place?

BooBooBear

Quote from: demosthenes131 on October 02, 2015, 09:39:46 PM
Seems so.  From here... http://darkmatternews.com/goodbye-now-dmn-will-back/

Honestly, I thought it was a waste of time that could be better spent with Art and his guests.  Just being honest.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ASC on October 03, 2015, 12:51:52 PM
Leo is willing to do the gabcast. I straight up asked him on facebook.

somebody get leo the gabcast phone number, plz.  thx.

cosmic hobo

Quote from: MV on October 03, 2015, 04:41:29 PM

Leo's in a bean spilling mood. Someone ply him with alcohol and give him the number for The GabCast.

MV will have him admitting to punching mean baby alpacas for sport

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: BooBooBear on October 03, 2015, 04:38:55 PM
Honestly, I thought it was a waste of time that could be better spent with Art and his guests.  Just being honest.

i would rather hear actual network radio news if i'm going to hear a news cast...  not phony news about perpetual motion machines or whatever the hell else.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: cosmic hobo on October 03, 2015, 04:49:25 PM
Leo's in a bean spilling mood. Someone ply him with alcohol and give him the number for The GabCast.

MV will have him admitting to punching mean baby alpacas for sport

will it be possible for me to eat popcorn while hosting an internet radio show?

lonevoice

Quote from: MV on October 03, 2015, 04:41:29 PM
Not that I get to vote, but I'd absolutely hate for Ashcraft to get a platform on the gabcast.  He's using his DMN facebook page now to publicly post financial information about the MITD subscribers.  I also saw someone on his facebook page tell him that recording private phone conversations across state lines without all parties consenting is illegal.  He's made several comments on his fb that he has these recordings and he's threatened to post them online.  The man is a lunatic, and he's gone way past having any ethical high ground to stand on, no matter what may or may not have happened. 

He doesn't need an audience, he needs a psychiatrist.

EarthAlien007

Quote from: lonevoice on October 03, 2015, 04:58:36 PM
Not that I get to vote, but I'd absolutely hate for Ashcraft to get a platform on the gabcast.  He's using his DMN facebook page now to publicly post financial information about the MITD subscribers.  I also saw someone on his facebook page tell him that recording private phone conversations across state lines without all parties consenting is illegal.  He's made several comments on his fb that he has these recordings and he's threatened to post them online.  The man is a lunatic, and he's gone way past having any ethical high ground to stand on, no matter what may or may not have happened. 

I agree, and Art should be on the phone with his lawyer.

aldousburbank

Quote from: lonevoice on October 03, 2015, 04:58:36 PM
I suggest a medible and chilling with some Hendrix. That and/or some good old voolayvoo chakachaka can soothe even the most butthurty of aggravations.