• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Leo Ashcraft - Dark Matter News - A Long Side Knight

Started by Waco Kid, August 22, 2015, 10:17:25 AM

popple

Quote from: ASC on October 04, 2015, 11:19:28 PM
well Art brought a gun to the pillow fight

RIP Leo Ashcraft

Ashcrafts to Ashcrafts. Dust to dust. If the lawd wont take you, Gnoory he must. Amen.

RIP Leo Ashcraft

Who writes forty eight hundred on a check.

pate

Quote from: nooryisawesome on October 05, 2015, 01:18:03 AM
Who writes forty eight hundred on a check.

Apparently Art, but when you drain your bank, you sometimes write:

(Amirite, Leo?  Eye keed!)

Quote from: pate on October 05, 2015, 02:08:19 AM
Apparently Art, but when you drain your bank, you sometimes write:

(Amirite, Leo?  Eye keed!)

No I think it was that dude in Alaska who wrote the check not Art. The bank is Alaskan.

I wonder if who ever got the Fiddy check was able to cash that, I would hope not.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: pate on October 05, 2015, 12:34:52 AM
I was a friend of Leo...

And Dorothy. At least, so the rumour goes...

pumaman

This whole mess is sad and stupid and reflects poorly on all parties. It should have been dealt with privately.   I never liked the news segment and will not miss it.  As for art bell, i have now seen a side of him that unfortunately, i can never unsee.

lamr

Quote from: pumaman on October 05, 2015, 05:15:45 AM
This whole mess is sad and stupid and reflects poorly on all parties. It should have been dealt with privately.   I never liked the news segment and will not miss it.  As for art bell, i have now seen a side of him that unfortunately, i can never unsee.

Whay rule34 of the internet on AB? *shudders*

b_dubb

Looking forward to a post Leo Ashcraft world. On MITD and on this site. Come on people. Let it die already.

wr250

Quote from: b_dubb on October 05, 2015, 06:09:24 AM
Looking forward to a post Leo Ashcraft world. On MITD and on this site. Come on people. Let it die already.
agreed

AppealPlay

Quote from: pumaman on October 05, 2015, 05:15:45 AM

Sorry you're upset, Dave.  Tell Tommy to give you a back rub.

Wintermute

Well, I listened to the Friday night show Sunday, then did some looking around. Art Bell's soap-opera history continues eh? I was not a fan of the DM News segment for many of the reasons people have wrote about. It just wasn't good.

But... Leo Ashcraft isn't just a news guy. In fact this was a new venture for him that started last year after he closed up his 15yr old broadcasting equipment and consulting business. I knew the name "Leo Ashcraft" from Nexus Broadcast, as Leo did something similar to what I have done... help non-profit and LPFM stations get running and keep running. He's actually a fairly well known guy in radio engineering circles. It was a surprise to me that he was even doing recorded segment business. Just not his thing and I think many would agree that it wasn't his strong-suit.

That stated, if in fact those 8-10 affiliates are dropping MiTD, there is some truth to this debate. Stations don't just change on a whim. And stations avoid personal axe-grinding. They are businesses and have to abide by FCC reg's and operate with the public's trust. Talk radio is a trusted news source at a localized level. Technically Art airing his dirty laundry through an FCC controlled medium is a violation. BUT... unless there is real legal action taken, the validity can not be confirmed. So these things tend to slide down to the Station Manager level and they make a business call on it.  ???

Keith Rowland... I don't know him at all other than his affiliation with Bell and a few emails exchanged. There are no shortages of stories about Rowland being difficult. Even Art Bell hung dirty Rowland laundry out there at one point. So it isn't a stretch in my mind to think something is askew there. But what do I really know... it's anecdotal. My emails with him were normal.

In this instance, it seemed like Art Bell fired the first public shot. Maybe I missed an FB post or something, but things didn't heat up until Art's announcement Oct 2nd. Then Ashcraft took to social media in response. Don't know what actually happened, but if affiliates are pulling the plug that quick, it's a sign of something shady.

jblank

RIP Leo Ashcraft

Interestingly enough, looks like Art pulled that from the Facebook page.........possible a reconciliation has occurred????

BC

Quote from: Wintermute on October 05, 2015, 08:00:19 AM
In this instance, it seemed like Art Bell fired the first public shot. Maybe I missed an FB post or something, but things didn't heat up until Art's announcement Oct 2nd. Then Ashcraft took to social media in response. Don't know what actually happened, but if affiliates are pulling the plug that quick, it's a sign of something shady.
Hi Wintermute. Just thought I'd mention that it's the other way around--Art said something at the beginning of Friday's show because Leo had posted negative messages on his FB page.
Also, jblank--unfortunately, I don't think there was a reconciliation...maybe a FB truce? Art said he was going to remove that post last night: "I know we are honest but that guy was telling everybody he could that he slave 24 Hours a day and got zero for it. That makes us out to be cheaters and bad guys, he also posted a hundred dollar payment Keith sent as evidence of how we cheated him, so I guess I will delete the message but I just could not let those lies stand.'

SredniVashtar

Quote from: jblank on October 05, 2015, 08:13:27 AM
Interestingly enough, looks like Art pulled that from the Facebook page.........possible a reconciliation has occurred????

No, but Art saw that he had gone too far with that bit and changed his mind. At least, I think that's what he said, but you'd have to go back on the Art thread few pages to read what he said in detail.

BC

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 05, 2015, 08:38:38 AM
At least, I think that's what he said, but you'd have to go back on the Art thread few pages to read what he said in detail.
Hi Srendi...BIG fan! He can read my post (before yours) to see Art's quote.

Wintermute

Noted... must have missed some deleted Facebook stuff.

The joys of social media.

henge0stone

RIP Leo Ashcraft

I'm glad Art posted this, if Leo is going to go public saying he never got a cent, then this was warranted. Leo is a liar and is delusional thinking his little news segments are original and that he can stand up to Art. Really no one knows who Leo is, a few months reading other peoples stories does not give him any credibility especially the way he left.

phrodo

So ... he's starting a Mutual Radio News network and plans on continuing the Dark Matter News. Evidently he is as incapable of coming up with an original name for his crap as he is of telling the truth.

Sehnzeleid

Quote from: markpaterson on October 03, 2015, 08:57:14 AMTuten-Coo-Men for Tutankhamun.

Just heard this myself from the archive, burst out laughing, then a few seconds later "Ner-FEET-e" for Nefertiti. How old is Ashcraft again? My eleven-year-old son can pronounce these correctly.

bateman

Quote from: phrodo on October 05, 2015, 02:05:13 PM
So ... he's starting a Mutual Radio News network and plans on continuing the Dark Matter News. Evidently he is as incapable of coming up with an original name for his crap as he is of telling the truth.

Yeah, good luck with that, Leo. When it crashes & burns, I'm sure that'll be Art's fault too.  ::)

chefist

Quote from: bateman on October 05, 2015, 04:39:28 PM
Yeah, good luck with that, Leo. When it crashes & burns, I'm sure that'll be Art's fault too.  ::)

Crashes and burns? It won't even get off the ground!

stevenotero

Not looking forward to this Amy chick at all. It'll be even worse than Leo and Leo sucked.

Art, WE MISS YOU READING THE HEADLINES! We listen for you!

Nobody seems to be as amused by Hurricane Jokeen as I am...  :P Carbon dee-oxide seems to have taken off.

I had to be 4 years old, give or take, when I learned how to pronounce Joaquin because Joaquin Andujar (an-DOO-jar in Leonese) played for the Cardinals.

I'm sure he's heard it but he thinks it's spelled Walkeen or something...

I'm going to miss that silly incompetent bastard.

henge0stone

Does Leo think his 3 months reading other peoples stories, mispronouncing them then freaking out like a teenage girl on facebook gives him some kind of credibility to start a network? I think its safe to say that virtually no one is a Leo fan aside from his friends on facebook.

EarthAlien007

Quote from: stevenotero on October 05, 2015, 04:55:37 PM
Not looking forward to this Amy chick at all. It'll be even worse than Leo and Leo sucked.

I'm trying to figure out how to make a poll here...
Do we want Art reading the news or someone else?

Quote from: henge0stone on October 05, 2015, 01:50:09 PM
I'm glad Art posted this, if Leo is going to go public saying he never got a cent...

Didn't he say what he got was a check for something like $120?

To be fair to Leo, maybe he isn't any better at reading groups of numbers and repeating them than he is reading and repeating groups of letters and words.

Lowquay

Quote from: stevenotero on October 05, 2015, 04:55:37 PM

Amy seems like a nice enough chick although a bit "Odd" She group dm'd several of us on twitter talking about being forced to work at a jewelry store that was a front for aliens. I mean BIZARRE.

She brags about going to Harvard then claims she had to quit because of the "government" and "things she knows."

It devolved into her bragging about skyping with Keith Rowland late into the night till 4 and 5 in the morning and having him "wrapped around her finger."

She seems to enjoy targeting older men for flattery and attention in dm's and then manipulating them for gain. Now this is not just MY observation. There are screen shots of all of this that I'm sure will be posted sooner or later on twitter. They usually are.

So....she has some sociopathic tendencies. My prediction? She does the same thing to Keith that she did to Leo before too long.  Leo was horrible but not as bad as she will be. I agree with you. Why can't Art just read the news??