• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The BellGab "New Member" Meet and Greet!

Started by GodsEqual, September 24, 2008, 02:13:23 AM

Lovely Bones

Welcome, Venkman!  But this "fellows" and "lads" stuff . . . some of us "lads" is "lassies."   :)

Paper*Boy is right about Simple George.  He does *not* give it his all.  Unless his all is minimal. 

mannequin

Hello coastgab members.

I'm here because I enjoy coast, but like most of you, can't take Noory anymore.
For me, Coast to Coast has become a disappointment.

Here's what I think of the hosts:

George Noory
Delusional - Get over yourself George!
Arrogant - Notice how he feigns ignorance to certain callers, and for what reason? Also cuts off calls that sound fine to me!
Unfunny - The vocal sound fx, the "JC" calls, the "inside jokes" so many things...
Insane - The toupee, P90X (LOL), work-from-home ads on the c2c site (WTF), his stupid "origin" stories, etc.

Ian Punnett
"Ah, you know...uhm...didja ever wonder...ahhh..."
Ian also needs to get over himself.

George Knapp
I kinda like him, because he is an actual journalist.

John B. Wells
Not bad, a little extreme politically.

Rob Simone
No opinon really, just kind of bland.
He could step up his game.

Whitley Strieber
Just say NO.

The guests:

Ed Dames
Always wrong.
His antics remind me of the ridiculous Col. Flagg on M.A.S.H.

Steve Quayle
Out of his fucking mind.

Richard C. Hoagland
A 200,000 mile wide mothership. Really Richard? So it's a, uh, 200,000 mile wide mothership huh?
Also, out of his mind.

Dr. Bruce Goldberg
I've never heard anyone so full of shit in my life.
Listen to him, he will adapt his storytelling to any situation.

Catherine A. Fitts
This is an example of a GOOD GUEST.

Gerald Celente
This is an example of a GOOD GUEST.

Alex Jones
Dude has huge cajones, I respect that.

That's all I have for now lol.
I listen to most of the podcasts, so I'll be posting here and there.
Thanks for reading.

-Peace-

MV/Liberace!

watup, mannequin.  glad you signed up.  post often.

mannequin

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on March 26, 2012, 12:53:36 PM
watup, mannequin.  glad you signed up.  post often.

Thank you!
And thanks so much for providing an outlet for my C2C frustration.
8)

I like the show myself.  George is cool.  No one can beat Art, but he has decided to move on.  So, we are fortunate to have Noory to keep the show going. :)

Don / Vegas

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on March 27, 2010, 05:58:56 PM
i know art is aware of this site, as i was once emailed by him personally.  i also know that the people at premrad are aware of this site.  however, as you have noticed, it's done no good.

I have been creeping about  coastgab for about a year now and thought I'd sign up just to thank Michael V for allowing such a fantastic group of amazeball nutbars a place to freak.  I've spent hours lurking and often pissing my pants laughing at and with you amazing folks!  Time for me to jump in on occasion... Thanks again Michael for the forum and for Radio Trainwreck!!!

Hidy-Ho, neighbors/newcomers!  This is the proverbial "end of the line" for fans/ex fans of the show. 

All radio roads eventually lead to Coastgab.

Ah, this then, is the axiom; Vandeven's Great Secret.

At the moment, I'm going through a disgruntled phase unrelated to Dr. Shafica Karagulla's nephew, Gorgo.  If I happen to piss on your lawn, feel free to threaten me with a rolled up copy of After Dark and I will cringe accordingly.

Friends and enemies call me "Cam."

Gorgo just calls his attorney. Who then calls mine.

Cam

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on April 25, 2012, 09:31:47 AM
Gorgo just calls his attorney. Who then calls mine.

Wow, The Face on Uranus is brilliant

Quote from: Agent : Orange on April 25, 2012, 06:50:24 PM
Wow, The Face on Uranus is brilliant

I would like to think so, AO.

I'm handing George a potentially multi million dollar product here at absolutely no charge. If he had a quality sci fi/comedian ghostwriter team simply produce a 70,000 word count novella touting itself as spoof non fiction and had Hoagland write the intro, the book would fly off the shelves both to fans and "haters."  This would require an accepted level of self deprecation, and an ability for Gorgo and Hoagland to laugh at themselves. Half the proceeds could go to Gorgo's charity that he mentions so often on C2C. 

So do it, George.  Do it for the children.  It's a no brainer.   A cheap pulp paperback for 9.99 as well as Kindle and Nook and whatever other ebook for 2.99.  The children win, your income wins, your charity deductible wins, & the ghostwriters you pay win.

All I ask for is a free copy, inscribed, "To Camazotz Automat, The children thank you for my Face on Uranus. - In the light, George Noory"

And then I win.

I bleed satire, or piss and vinegar, or humor, depending on what day you catch me, but I am serious about this. What gives it legs in the first place is the tie in with Hoagland's Face on Mars obsession, and its followers, plus George's audience and whatever level of brand recognition his name and C2C still possess. (they need to hurry)

If Hoagland chose to go serious with it and verbally dismantle NASA in the introduction, it would be all the funnier to me.  Hell, he could plug his work even while claiming that "any face on Uranus is patently absurd, ridiculous, and simply impossible."

I would probably laugh myself sick.

So from here on out, I don't want to hear anyone claiming I don't care about the goddamn children.

(oh, and a little later, George could intentionally "leak" the information as to the identify of the well known ghostwriter(s) who put this thing together and that would reinvigorate sales.  Then both George and the ghostwriter(s) could deny it with George still going on book tours, signing copies. I'm fairly certain that Dean Koontz would be willing to participate in such a prank if he had the time.)

11angeleyes11

There may be a problem of divided loyalty if Koontz ghostwrote for George.  I think Ian has first rights on that assignment.  Remember the bestseller that Ian wrote "Dog the Pup with the Propeller Butt" or  some such title?  All Koontz, you can tell by the hysteria. 

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on April 25, 2012, 08:15:20 PM
There may be a problem of divided loyalty if Koontz ghostwrote for George.  I think Ian has first rights on that assignment.  Remember the bestseller that Ian wrote "Dizzy the Mutt with the Propeller Butt" or  some such title?  All Koontz, you can tell by the hysteria.

I knew it! I knew that Ian the Poser couldn't write a sentence if it came up and bit him in the Ecclesiastes.

Rumor has it that Stephen King had a hand in Punnett's Jackula the Vampire Dog.

MV/Liberace!

watup, canadiancommie.  glad you're here, and post often.

TequilaMB

I've been lurking here for a long time and finally joined up one night when I thought I might need some support to keep from flying out to LA and kicking George square in the manly parts when the show topic was something important to me. I've now been Noory-free for about a month, but may start listening again because the posts in the George Noory thread are even funnier when I've heard the show.

Anyways, I really enjoy the forum but tend not to say much except when I get highly caffeinated.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: TequilaMB on May 18, 2012, 04:40:47 PM
I've been lurking here for a long time and finally joined up one night when I thought I might need some support to keep from flying out to LA and kicking George square in the manly parts when the show topic was something important to me. I've now been Noory-free for about a month, but may start listening again because the posts in the George Noory thread are even funnier when I've heard the show.

Anyways, I really enjoy the forum but tend not to say much except when I get highly caffeinated.

glad you joined.  hope you'll start posting often.  cheers.

McPhallus

What with all the imitators floating around, I'm glad the real one has finally showed up.

Quote from: Grimace on May 27, 2012, 10:21:40 AM
The Grimace has joined.

Ahoy, TequilaMB!  Ahoy, Grimace!

Wait, that's what that irritating Captain Sweeney is compelled to say every time he appears on C2C.  He could be the Major Ed Dames of the Seven Seas, with "fins in the water" instead of "boots on the ground."

Ahoy, George.  Yeah, we're gonna take care of everything and get some fins in the water and find those missing boats, gold bars, and dumped bodies after we remote view Lucifer's connection to the BP blowout.

Welcome to the circus.

Grimace

Quote from: McPhallus on May 27, 2012, 11:15:00 AM
What with all the imitators floating around, I'm glad the real one has finally showed up.

Like the late great captain Lou Albano quipped, "Often Imitated, Never Duplicated." Also of note, I've had John Ritter captive in my basement since 2003.

mikealden

Hi all!

New here (although I've lurked for quite some time).

Only recently discovered Coast, and Art for that matter. I've been amassing a collection of audio so that I can relive the glory days of Art, and in doing so have come to ponder just how Coast went from what it was to what it is now (a shithouse).  I figured this would be the best place to continue pondering such things. 

Anyway, I look forward to interacting with all of you, hopefully I have something to contribute to this site.

George Noory is a turd.

<3

Quote from: mikealden on June 09, 2012, 10:31:09 PM
Hi all!

Only recently discovered Coast, and Art for that matter. I've been amassing a collection of audio so that I can relive the glory days of Art, and in doing so have come to ponder just how Coast went from what it was to what it is now (a shithouse).  I figured this would be the best place to continue pondering such things. 

Anyway, I look forward to interacting with all of you, hopefully I have something to contribute to this site.

George Noory is a turd.

<3

Fucking time and the world happened.  We should have built a glass case around Art and his family when we had the chance.  Fuck it, I'm buying a HAM radio and hoping for the jackpot.

BTW, Welcome!!!

I figured this would be the best place to continue pondering such things. 

Yes it is.

Welcome mikealden!

Hi all!

George Noory is a turd.

<3

Welcome here ... A shithouse indeed

Greetings. I first heard Art Bell way back in 1989 when I stumbled upon him by chance while scanning the AM dial on a cheap portable radio in the middle of the night. He was broadcasting from KDWN and I picked him up here in Washington state due to "skip". I've been hooked ever since. I've been "lurking" on the various Coast forums for years but somehow missed CoastGab. Feels like home.

ziznak

Yes this is not the place to rub elbows with the likes of your usual coast fans... well current ones.  So stick around post often and have a good ol' time trashing sNoory Hoaxy qual lear ahhhh the list goes on and on.  have fun.