Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

Jackstar

Quote from: Σ> on July 09, 2017, 09:36:22 AM
those mics don't get me very excited. 

They're probably not turned on either.

CJJames

Quote from: Σ> on July 09, 2017, 09:36:22 AM
you're going to need audio interfaces.  i'd buy a couple of these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Behringer-U-Phoria-UMC202HD-Audiophile-2x2-USB-Audio-Interface-/391827453869?epid=1242296922&hash=item5b3abc77ad:g:xLQAAOSw~rpZU5Tq

They were on sale so I bought two. I'm still not sure exactly what they do, but they'll look cool on my desk. I also ordered a new MXL990 and the upgrade kit. I can't wait melt soLder!

Still researching a mixer. This one is $200 cheaper than the 16 channel but missing a few features.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1139063-REG/mackie_profx12v2_12_channel_professional_fx_mixer.html

CozyRozie

Quote from: CJJames on July 09, 2017, 03:00:47 PM
Great show last night everyone!

hmmm,...
I bailed out after first 15 minutes, too much techno mike talk for my taste. Wasn't expecting such esoteric subject focus.
But I switched to watch "Falkie Live Network" FLN ..(and I very seldom watch his videos) but yesterday was this magic rare night
and Falkie outperformed himself, it was so funny, even his Katherina made a cameo-audio appearance.

Tho I really liked previous GabCast from 01.July.2017

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Radio⚡Activity on July 09, 2017, 09:44:06 AM
Doesn't the Mackie have pre-amps? What purpose does this interface serve?

I think he mean a DA converter.  ;)

heater

Quote from: FalkieFanatic on July 09, 2017, 03:19:40 PM
hmmm,...
I bailed out after first 15 minutes, too much techno mike talk for my taste. Wasn't expecting such esoteric subject focus.
But I switched to watch "Falkie Live Network" FLN ..(and I very seldom watch his videos) but yesterday was this magic rare night
and Falkie outperformed himself, it was so funny, even his Katherina made a cameo-audio appearance.

Tho I really liked previous GabCast from 01.July.2017

And this is why you will no longer be New MV to me.

Lilith

Quote from: themudking on July 09, 2017, 04:22:20 PM

You were funny last night muddy, I had fun!  ;D

heater

Quote from: brig ☕ on July 09, 2017, 04:29:13 PM

I'd have to give the credit to my co hosts without them I'd fail to make funnies.  Thanks for listening!!

CozyRozie

Quote from: themudking on July 09, 2017, 04:22:20 PM

Hey commrad, My money will decide if I'm your newMV or not.. ;)

themudking, why this un-MV like attitude,..currentMV would never said something like that.
currentMV has magnificent tolerance for various personal tastes and is not offended if someone had different opinion.
{you sound bit like a controlling communist commrade.. ::) 8)   }

P.S.
did you cared to listen to those Russian songs I posted here before ?
(wonder how good is your Russian, if you would understand the lyrics)

CozyRozie

Quote from: brig ☕ on July 09, 2017, 04:29:13 PM

..What ?-was themuddking on the air last night ?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Radio⚡Activity on July 09, 2017, 09:44:06 AM
Doesn't the Mackie have pre-amps? What purpose does this interface serve?

they are external sound "cards."  you need a way to get audio into your computer and you need a way to get audio to the mixer.  you won't want to rely on any of your computer's built in audio chipsets to do this.  As an example, you could use one of the interfaces as the audio device for the skype that your cohost or callers are on, and the other interface for playing music/drops/etc and recording the show.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: th'ONE on July 09, 2017, 04:37:20 PM
..What ?-was themuddking on the air last night ?

yes he was and my call was brilliant.  Obviously 

CozyRozie

Quote from: White Crow 🌔🌓🌒🌚 on July 09, 2017, 06:36:12 PM
yes he was and my call was brilliant.  Obviously

hmmm,.. in that case I might download the 'thing' and listen to it ..skipping the sexy part about dildo shaped microphones,lol
BTW,..HOW DO I KNOW WHEN IS YOU CALLING... do you do some special..crow call to announce your arrival on the air?

heater

Quote from: futureMV on July 09, 2017, 04:36:25 PM
Hey commrad, My money will decide if I'm your newMV or not.. ;)

themudking, why this un-MV like attitude,..currentMV would never said something like that.
currentMV has magnificent tolerance for various personal tastes and is not offended if someone had different opinion.
{you sound bit like a controlling communist commrade.. ::) 8)   }

P.S.
did you cared to listen to those Russian songs I posted here before ?
(wonder how good is your Russian, if you would understand the lyrics)

Why would I have a MV like attitude? I'm themudking, muddy, tmk, or not-MV if your into that sort of thing.  I have no problem with you not liking the 15 minutes of the show and turning it off. But I also have no problem giving you shit for it too just because you can handle it, right? /upspeak

Russian vids good, comradeship!

CozyRozie

Quote from: themudking on July 09, 2017, 10:04:16 PM
Why would I have a MV like attitude? I'm themudking, muddy, tmk, or not-MV if your into that sort of thing.  I have no problem with you not liking the 15 minutes of the show and turning it off. But I also have no problem giving you shit for it too just because you can handle it, right? /upspeak

Russian vids good, comradeship!

Da da, {Yes yes} I can handle it, like a champ.
The mike talk was for sure of interest for the involved considering the expertise of some of you, it was just not for me, so instead of posting my thoughts about it
I just quietly went to a greener pasture, lol to the Falkie thread :o

Side question, since you said that you speak Russian, did you ever had a chance to listen to Putin's speeches or to some answers he gives to reporters..?

3OctaveFart

The mic talk could've put an entire orphan asylum to sleep.

Quote from: Meatie Pie on July 11, 2017, 08:38:19 AM
The mic talk could've put an entire orphan asylum to sleep.

That's good advice if you're targeting deranged insomniac orphans.

CozyRozie

OK, I'm drinking and smoking tonight but so far I know what I'm talking about...haha ;)

MV get high in Morocco and do this pleaze ....

Quote from: nooryisawesomeâ,,¢ on July 17, 2017, 09:59:19 PM
OLG is very quiet, maybe he got a life like Jazmunda and MV.

Quote from: th'ONE on July 17, 2017, 10:12:02 PM
MV  will get life only after he sells this *jewell
and with that money he will buy himself nice set of drums,..not this amature kit that he is using now.
I wish he would post some audio (video would be best of course) him pounding on the skins and brass.

Wonder if he will get into some drumming sessions with natives in Morocco. That would be blast for sure....
I was few times at parties when after solid vino drinking and hash smoking group of 5-7 people broke into drumming,
I'm talking like for 2-3 hours trans drumming session, no other instruments just drums.

MV  get some connections & START DRUMMING IN MOROCCO and do live GabCast {with video if possible}  -that would be wicked shit man...

heater

Last night on the RandomCast we talked about how it's time forthe next generation of Gabcast hosts to come together and take over the show.

I figure unless a plan of action is defined it won't happen so without consulting anyone I nominate the GabCast 3.0 or Gabcast TNG as I like to call it to be the following people:

Chefist
PBS
Ibby
Jackstar

Your first show should be next Friday at 8pm EST.  the forum is in your hands

starrmtn001

Quote from: themudking on August 06, 2017, 12:42:45 PM
Last night on the RandomCast we talked about how it's time for the next generation of Gabcast hosts to come together and take over the show.

I figure unless a plan of action is defined it won't happen so without consulting anyone I nominate the GabCast 3.0 or Gabcast TNG as I like to call it to be the following people:

Chefist
PBS
Ibby
Jackstar

Your first show should be next Friday at 8 pm EST.  the forum is in your hands

4 of my many favorite Fellow BellGabbers.  I love you guys! :-* 

C'mon Jackstar, I know you wanna give us a hard time but you know you wanna do it.  ;) ;D

Last night on the RandomCast we talked about how it's time forthe next generation of Gabcast hosts to come together and take over the show.

Chefist
PBS
Ibby
Jackstar

Your first show should be next Friday at 8pm EST.  the forum is in your hands
kewl. It's an honor just to be nominated.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on August 06, 2017, 12:59:53 PM
kewl. It's an honor just to be nominated.
Hey, Sister Ibby! :-* 

I am so happy you accept the nomination! ;D

ZaZa

Chefist
PBS
Ibby
Jackstar

Your first show should be next Friday at 8pm EST.  the forum is in your hands

the forum is in hands of lunatics.
I'm working on it to take it back to return to decency and morality... but the evil forces are numerous,
yet I have faith in the Light to win over the Darkness. 

starrmtn001

Quote from: ZaZa on August 06, 2017, 01:08:35 PM
the forum is in hands of lunatics.
I'm working on it to take it back to return to decency and morality... but the evil forces are numerous,
yet I have faith in the Light to win over the Darkness.
Then nominate yourself as a host.  You know, action versus words. :)

ZaZa

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 06, 2017, 01:09:54 PM
Then nominate yourself as a host.

I have much GRANDER aspirations and I aiming to buy and to own this *septic tank of delusions* called BellGab

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 06, 2017, 01:05:01 PM
Hey, Sister Ibby! :-* 

I am so happy you accept the nomination! ;D
You should be on as well.

ZaZa

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 06, 2017, 01:09:54 PM
Then nominate yourself as a host.  You know, action versus words. :)

...so all the mean spirited sickos can make fun of my English, good try Starr, good try baby... ;)

starrmtn001

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on August 06, 2017, 01:15:27 PM
You should be on as well.
God Love you, Ibby, but alas my voice and speech aren't what the new kids want.  Also, I have some health issues in play now.  I can't promise to be available for every show. 
But, I could guest host occasionally, and call in. ;) ;D

starrmtn001

Quote from: ZaZa on August 06, 2017, 01:15:35 PM
...so all the mean spirited sickos can make fun of my English, good try Starr, good try baby... ;)
Really?  So that's what you're going with?  K. 

I've never heard your voice, but it sounds like you are your own worst critic.