• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

First World Problems

Started by jazmunda, December 18, 2014, 01:32:06 AM

b_dubb

Failkie and the continued existence of the Mucousings of Failkie thread

MV/Liberace!

my skype connection wouldn't hold up during yesterday's gabcast.

aldousburbank

My stupendous Ford/Pedego electric bicycle has a flat this morning.

Quote from: albrecht on April 20, 2015, 07:36:42 PM
Milk comes from mammals, this claim about Soy "milk", Almond "milk" and the other awful "milk" products should be banned or at least not called "milk."

I agree.  Juice!  If it's liquid from a plant, it's JUICE!! 
Or do we have to start calling it orange milk and cranberry milk and grape milk now?

onan

I'm hungry, but still half asleep in the couch... what to do? what to do?

aldousburbank

Quote from: onan on April 29, 2015, 12:41:27 PM
I'm hungry, but still half asleep in the couch... what to do? what to do?
Dude, how do you deal with the pressures of retirement? I guess I'll deal with the rigors if the salt mines for as many years as I can cuz that sounds rough.

onan

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 29, 2015, 12:48:50 PM
Dude, how do you deal with the pressures of retirement? I guess I'll deal with the rigors if the salt mines for as many years as I can cuz that sounds rough.

It has gotten worse... I'm still hungry, but there isn't a decent restaurant within 20 minutes of here. Christ why is my life so hard?

I can't decide whether to use liquid fabric softener or softener sheets for this morning's wash. It may be necessary to sit down for an hour or so and think this through. How annoying.

pate

Where the heck wux I when I wanted to write a buncha silly stuff?

pate

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on May 02, 2015, 07:21:09 AM
I can't decide whether to use liquid fabric softener or softener sheets for this morning's wash. It may be necessary to sit down for an hour or so and think this through. How annoying.

I buy my dry powder WITH fap-ric softener, AND throw a xouple of dryer sheets in...

I am SORRY my dear, you can afford a washer but not a gas/electric dryer?

Perhaps it is thyme to start a "2nd World Problems" thread....

Eye DO declare!

*Noories

edit: * Noories is a knew (canoe?>) term I am trying to introduce into the vernacular (sp),  have I failt or it's just knot funnee?

2edit: *(Noories) isasupposatahbee "Ima Sorrie"

3edit: nefermynd...

Quote from: pate on May 03, 2015, 05:08:15 AM

I am SORRY my dear, you can afford a washer but not a gas/electric dryer?

Wait a second, I have to have a dryer or what good are dryer sheets, huh? I'm still in the first world, thank you very much. And while I'm here, now's the time to mention the lint that builds up in the dryer trap. Not good.

cweb

Everything on the Today Show.

My blue ray player no longer gets the YouTube channel.   >:(
(It stopped over a month ago, but I just tried to access it today.)
Bleh.

Putting more effort into returning lost dogs, than their owners who lost them.

pyewacket

A friend and I shopped at one of these a few times and none of this would surprise me.  :)

http://distractify.com/beth-buczynski/white-things-overheard-at-whole-foods/?ts_pid=2&ts_pid=5

MV/Liberace!

my new dishwasher cleans the dishes better than i'm able to by hand.  this hurts my self esteem.

aldousburbank

Quote from: MV on May 19, 2015, 02:59:03 PM
my new dishwasher cleans the dishes better than i'm able to by hand.  this hurts my self esteem.
Yeah, you think that sucks- I broke a bong and eyenoeyeno broke another bong already this week.

jazmunda

The batteries in my universal remote died and now I have to use 3 remotes to control my TV watching set up. FML.

jazmunda

My 6 year old daughter is refusing to record a "This is White Crow" as a gag for The GabCast.

BobGrau

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 19, 2015, 03:07:02 PM
Yeah, you think that sucks- I broke a bong and eyenoeyeno broke another bong already this week.

You put your bong through the dishwasher?

No, wait:

You hooked up your bong through the dishwasher???

b_dubb

I have generous job offer on the table and I don't want to accept as I'd rather work for myself.  And I don't care for Cincinnati. Much.

Juan

It's Friday. sNoory took last weekend off.

b_dubb

Quote from: b_dubb on May 21, 2015, 09:20:04 AM
I have generous job offer on the table and I don't want to accept as I'd rather work for myself.  And I don't care for Cincinnati. Much.
Asked for a $4k signing bonus and the week off. Mostly because I want them to decline so I can walk away. They just took $900k from a tobacco company to do a market research study. If they don't want people asking for such things they should stop bragging about how they're taking all this money from Big Tobacco.'

aldousburbank

Quote from: b_dubb on May 26, 2015, 07:35:10 AM
Asked for a $4k signing bonus and the week off. Mostly because I want them to decline so I can walk away. They just took $900k from a tobacco company to do a market research study. If they don't want people asking for such things they should stop bragging about how they're taking all this money from Big Tobacco.'
You should have tossed in a new pair of glasses and gas money to your generous offer.

b_dubb

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 26, 2015, 07:37:52 AM
You should have tossed in a new pair of glasses and gas money to your generous offer.
What you really mean is I should read the Cliff Notes version of the General Mucousings of Failkie thread before engaging in salary/compensation negotiation.

Not a bad idea. When will the Cliffs Notes version be ready?

http://youtu.be/i-LBI4wUA8k

The halal gyro truck wasn't in the local parking lot when I was in the mood for a falafel sandwich. Bummer.

Heather Wade

The memory on my Dumb Phone is full.  Have to delete the messages one at a time.  It's four buttons to delete each message. 

aldousburbank

I keep forgetting which airport I'm in where.