• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Official BellGab.com 9/11 Thread

Started by Max, April 16, 2008, 12:15:21 PM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 29, 2017, 10:36:38 PM
You're understanding of physics is laughable. For each floor that fell there would be an equal an opposite reaction from the floor below. This would eventually stop the collapse. Physicists have physically modelled this out and what you suggest isn't possible without explosives. NEXT!  ;D

Indeed...But that isn't what happened. What happened was floors fell, with all the floors above pancaked on top of them dropping onto the suspended floor below.. Now I don't know about your physics lessons, but there's this thing called gravity, and mass..

And mass X acceleration equals force, and that me old China is Newtons second law of motion. Or; momentum is directly proportional to an object's mass and directly proportional to the object's velocity.

In other words, several thousand tons of collapsed floor dropping down vertically onto one floor (that will add to the collapsing mass) will take said floor out from its supporting beams, and will continue to accelerate as the mass increases with the floors below.

You're welcome.

Lunger

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 29, 2017, 10:57:25 PM
They were acted upon by a force, you numbskull! THE FLOORS BELOW THEM! Maybe you should start wearing a tinfoil hat. It couldn't hurt. Have you even finished high school?!  ;D

What part of "Designed to buckle under force" are you not understanding?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 29, 2017, 11:02:21 PM

Indeed...But that isn't what happened. What happened was floors fell, with all the floors above pancaked on top of them dropping onto the suspended floor below.. Now I don't know about your physics lessons, but there's this thing called gravity, and mass..

And mass X acceleration equals force, and that me old China is Newtons second law of motion. Or; momentum is directly proportional to an object's mass and directly proportional to the object's velocity.

In other words, several thousand tons of collapsed floor dropping down vertically onto one floor (that will add to the collapsing mass) will take said floor out from its supporting beams, and will continue to accelerate as the mass increases with the floors below.

You're welcome.

Nope. There still would've been resistance from the floors below that would've slowed and then stopped the collapse. Save your Koolaid and magic tricks for those who might appreciate them.  ;)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 29, 2017, 11:05:12 PM
Nope. There still would've been resistance from the floors below that would've slowed and then stopped the collapse. Save your Koolaid and magic tricks for those who might appreciate them.  ;)

You didn't cover physics? S'okay...

Try it yourself... Place several sheets of paper (80Gsm will do) the size of a telephone directory in a vertical frame held on each corner (About sixty equally spaced about three inches apart)...Now drop a telephone directory (representing the floors collapsed above) from three inches above the top sheet ... I bet my hair it will hit the floor.

Lunger

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 29, 2017, 11:05:12 PM
Nope. There still would've been resistance from the floors below that would've slowed and then stopped the collapse. ....

In no universe would this be true.  Momentum and mass is a hell of a thing.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 29, 2017, 11:08:35 PM

Try it yourself... Place several sheets of paper (80Gsm will do) the size of a telephone directory in a vertical frame held on each corner (About sixty equally spaced about three inches apart)...Now drop a telephone directory (representing the floors collapsed above) from three inches above the top sheet ... I bet my hair it will hit the floor.
wasn't there an engineering professor from Purdue University that studied this ?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 29, 2017, 11:08:35 PM

I did. You're just conveniently ignoring the part you don't like. The part about the equal and opposite reaction from the floors below. The first floor to collapse isn't just pushing on the floor below it but the entire building and it's force is met with that force. If it's so simple then just design or show me an experiment that can physically replicate how you're saying it happened. I bet you can't. I can show you lots of examples for the way it actually happened.  :D

Anyone interested the video that started this discussion is only 30 minutes and provides several experiments designed to try to replicate what happened.  ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lunger on August 29, 2017, 11:12:44 PM

Yes but it being a hell of a thing still doesn't negate Newton's third law. Sorry, no magical thinking allowed on this one.  ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lunger on August 29, 2017, 11:12:44 PM

Then why has it ALWAYS been true for every other building collapse except these?!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Happier Times are Coming on August 29, 2017, 11:15:42 PM
wasn't there an engineering professor from Purdue University that studied this ?

Probably.. But we did similar when I was at school. Its the principle to how crumple zones are designed into vehicles. The difference with the WTC and a car is the floors on the WTC were all the same thickness and size..crumple zones are designed to go from taking out little collapsible beams and honeycomb sections, through the thicker shell absorbing the impact until it stops at the cabin. Newton was an absolute genius; buried in Westminster Abbey doncha know?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 29, 2017, 11:18:31 PM
Yes but it being a hell of a thing still doesn't negate Newton's third law. Sorry, no magical thinking allowed on this one.  ;)

But it isn't the third law that is in play here.. its the second.. Deal with it.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 29, 2017, 11:20:37 PM
You're bald.

Noooo, greying yes, but not bald. I sometimes wish it was thinner...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 29, 2017, 11:22:42 PM
But it isn't the third law that is in play here.. its the second.. Deal with it.

All the laws are in play at all times, pud. Deal with that.  ::)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 29, 2017, 11:16:17 PM
I did. You're just conveniently ignoring the part you don't like. The part about the equal and opposite reaction from the floors below.

How is a stationary suspended floor presenting equal force to collapsing floors that are descending via gravity and momentum? Show your workings.... ::)

Lilith

Quote from: Happier Times are Coming on August 29, 2017, 11:15:42 PM

Was it this guy,  Professor Dumbledore?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 29, 2017, 11:26:32 PM
All the laws are in play at all times, pud. Deal with that.  ::)

Eh? A stationary floor isn't an equal force to one that is falling above it.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lunger on August 29, 2017, 11:04:07 PM
What part of "Designed to buckle under force" are you not understanding?

Sure, then explain the physics of that to me if it's so simple. You're sophistry still can't defy the immutable laws of physics.  ;D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 29, 2017, 11:27:50 PM

Eh? A stationary floor isn't an equal force to one that is falling above it.

Considering the dimensions and materials are the same then yes it is.  ::)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 29, 2017, 11:28:25 PM
Sure, then explain the physics of that to me if it's so simple. You're sophistry still can't defy the immutable laws of physics.  ;D

The physics have been explained to you, you obtuse buffoon. That you choose not to accept them is not the fault of physics, but your idiotic belligerence.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 29, 2017, 11:29:32 PM
Considering the dimensions and materials are the same then yes it is.  ::)

Fuck...which bit of Mass X Momentum equals force are you struggling with?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 29, 2017, 11:31:34 PM

Fuck...which bit of Mass X Momentum equals force hare you struggling with?

None. What part of Newton's third law are you struggling with?  :D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 29, 2017, 11:30:45 PM
The physics have been explained to you, you obtuse buffoon. That you choose not to accept them is not the fault of physics, but your idiotic belligerence.

No they haven't. Still waiting on that one. Most of you don't seem to understand Newton's third law. You're calculations will be off.  ;D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 29, 2017, 11:32:43 PM
None. What part of Newton's third law are you struggling with?  :D

It doesn't fucking apply here you moron. The lower floors are not moving up to meet the ones above..Therefore they have no momentum. Try this...ask your therapist to hit you full in the face with a piece of 4x2...notice how you go down like a sack of shit (2nd law)..now try when you run at the 4x2 (third law) see the difference?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 29, 2017, 11:36:33 PM
It doesn't fucking apply here you moron. The lower floors are not moving up to meet the ones above..Therefore they have no momentum. Try this...ask your therapist to hit you full in the face with a piece of 4x2...notice how you go down like a sack of shit (2nd law)..now try when you run at the 4x2 (third law) see the difference?

It doesn't matter, pud. It's still a force the falling floor is met with and will dissipate some of it's energy and therefore slow and eventually stop the collapse. No need to thank me for the physics lesson that you so obviously needed.  ;)

Lilith

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 29, 2017, 11:36:33 PM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: brig on August 29, 2017, 11:45:13 PM

So right, brig. Pud is totally Antifa. My professors always warned me not to get into debates with gorillas.  :D

Lilith

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 29, 2017, 11:48:35 PM
So right, brig. Pud is totally Antifa. My professors always warned me not to get into debates with gorillas.  :D

Notice how the guy bounces when he hits the resistance of the floor instead of crashing through it?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: brig on August 29, 2017, 11:50:38 PM
Notice how the guy bounces when he hits the resistance of the floor instead of crashing through it?

Yup!  :)

Lunger

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 29, 2017, 11:43:00 PM
It doesn't matter, pud. It's still a force the falling floor is met with and will dissipate some of it's energy and therefore slow and eventually stop the collapse. No need to thank me for the physics lesson that you so obviously needed.  ;)

Don't you mean Hyper-Dimensional physics?  I'm sure with a thought process like yours you'd be considered a Hoagland Scholar.

Give it up.  You lost.