• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Inauguration

Started by albrecht, January 16, 2017, 09:35:18 PM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on January 19, 2017, 11:10:01 PM
We had a candidate awhile back, Forbes. with an odd manner and odd looks, and famous name, but had some good ideas about a real free trade type of arrangement between English-speaking countries (Commonwealth countries) and later good, working European countries and the US. Sort of the "blue blood" type wing of the Republican Party, and certainly, would be the bane of the AJ, etc types, but I thought a good idea. Maybe again?
ps: what does Brexit mean to Schengen?

The UK never signed up to Schengen. Farage is beneath contempt. He showed his true colours after catching the car and dropping it and resigning. He realised that his ambition had not been matched by his ability. Often happens that the promises and more promises of canvassing are forgotten and altered by the expediency of realworld political life. Farage knew he'd accidentally won and knew he didn't have a clue what to do. He's a cunt.

albrecht

Quote from: News Justin on January 19, 2017, 11:22:18 PM
The UK never signed up to Schengen. Farage is beneath contempt. He showed his true colours after catching the car and dropping it and resigning. He realised that his ambition had not been matched by his ability. Often happens that the promises and more promises of canvassing are forgotten and altered by the expediency of realworld political life. Farage knew he'd accidentally won and knew he didn't have a clue what to do. He's a cunt.
I like him because I don't like the EU and the whole deal against sovereignty, culture, etc. I reedited because I knew you had "opt-out" of various things and not signatory to Schengen but was wondering if those still signatories still had it. It was, admittedly, nice but with the "migration" problems I would throw it out. What will happen, post-Brexit (assuming it happens) to workers, residents, who came over per then legal policy? The Polish barmaids and cleaners etc?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: News Justin on January 19, 2017, 10:54:35 PM
Farage is a coward. Therefore an irrelevance.

Whatever you say is irrelevant is sure to be most highly relevant. Thanks for pointing the way (in reverse) pud!  ;D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on January 19, 2017, 11:29:40 PM
I like him because I don't like the EU and the whole deal against sovereignty, culture, etc. I reedited because I knew you had "opt-out" of various things and not signatory to Schengen but was wondering if those still signatories still had it. It was, admittedly, nice but with the "migration" problems I would throw it out. What will happen, post-Brexit (assuming it happens) to workers, residents, who came over per then legal policy? The Polish barmaids and cleaners etc?

Turn that on its head. What will happen to the UK ex pats living in Spain etc? They currently have a reciprocal arrangement of free at the point of treatment healthcare. What will happen to European firms employing British employees, who currently can work and live without permits or visas in the EU. What about the current joint European scientific arrangements with all EU scientists; worth billions? Again, scientists can at the moment move freely between research centres and the data is owned by all without tariffs or restriction.

None of the above (and much more) has been thought out by the likes of Farage. All he saw was 'immigration'.  I wonder how he'll explain to the many UK firms who could face ruin because they'll be forced to lose their most skilled but none British employees?  Or the fruit farms who won't have their font of foreign fruit pickers?

albrecht

Quote from: News Justin on January 19, 2017, 11:48:37 PM
Turn that on its head. What will happen to the UK ex pats living in Spain etc? They currently have a reciprocal arrangement of free at the point of treatment healthcare. What will happen to European firms employing British employees, who currently can work and live without permits or visas in the EU. What about the current joint European scientific arrangements with all EU scientists; worth billions? Again, scientists can at the moment move freely between research centres and the data is owned by all without tariffs or restriction.

None of the above (and much more) has been thought out by the likes of Farage. All he saw was 'immigration'.  I wonder how he'll explain to the many UK firms who could face ruin because they'll be forced to lose their most skilled but none British employees?  Or the fruit farms who won't have their font of foreign fruit pickers?
Good point. Remember when there was a sort of amnesty when the EURO went? Was interesting. I got a distant "cousin" in Spain, says going crap but his money is good. Built a crazy house there and figured, as they do, avoid the Norskie taxes. BUT was friends with Spaniards and they told me- two conflicting things. Sick of Germans, Dutch etc buying land there but moved up to Holland and Germany for jobs. Also, flat-landers, who would live in Belguim practice in Holland for weird tax reasons.

Quote from: albrecht on January 20, 2017, 12:00:00 AM
Good point. Remember when there was a sort of amnesty when the EURO went? Was interesting. I got a distant "cousin" in Spain, says going crap but his money is good. Built a crazy house there and figured, as they do, avoid the Norskie taxes. BUT was friends with Spaniards and they told me- two conflicting things. Sick of Germans, Dutch etc buying land there but moved up to Holland and Germany for jobs. Also, flat-landers, who would live in Belguim practice in Holland for weird tax reasons.

I couldn't agree more! If it weren't for Spaniards avoiding Norskie taxes, and flat-landers squatting in Belgium for weird tax reasons of their own that we're all better off not knowing about, the world would be a much better place. I've been expounding that very point in a loud, and only occasionally belligerent way in bars for the better part of three decades, and am at a loss to understand why people tend to shy away when I do so.

albrecht

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 20, 2017, 12:24:02 AM
I couldn't agree more! If it weren't for Spaniards avoiding Norskie taxes, and flat-landers squatting in Belgium for weird tax reasons of their own that we're all better off not knowing about, the world would be a much better place. I've been expounding that very point in a loud, and only occasionally belligerent way in bars for the better part of three decades, and am at a loss to understand why people tend to shy away when I do so.
;D
Granted, I've had a few. But the situation is real. I was banned from Paypal and a betting site based in Antigua (funny situation)  because, they alleged, that I was using them to avoid fees and "we are not bank." Maybe but it was legal, if said thing happened, and only, if happened, to figure a legal way around bank (SWIFT etc) fees, not speculation etc.

Jackstar

I just saw alll the Supreme Court Justices, all walking in a line.

They look disgusting. Like ghouls.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: News Justin on January 19, 2017, 11:48:37 PM

Speaking of U.K. Expats, there are something north of 750,000 Brits currently living in the U.S.  Now we know why all those FEMA camps have been set up.  Oh well, it'll still be an improvement over living in the U.K.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Jackstar on January 20, 2017, 09:41:32 AM
I just saw alll the Supreme Court Justices, all walking in a line.

They look disgusting. Like ghouls.

I was thinking zombies.

Jackstar

They smiled, likely at the thought of human suffering. Definitely ghoulish.

Juan

Hillary looks old.  Bill looks on the prowl.

=Schlyder=

LOL  Hillary looks bitter  LOLOL

Jackstar

This f****** limo needs an A-10 behind it

Jackstar

GWB looks infuriated. teehee

Jackstar

I'm watching a stream without any commentary. It's so peaceful. Can someone get me another margarita?

Kidnostad3

Uh oh.  My T.V. just got all pixelated and then went black. Those fucking Democrats will go to any lengths. They'll all  pay for this when Trump declares martial law on Monday.   8)

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Jackstar on January 20, 2017, 09:53:16 AM
They smiled, likely at the thought of human suffering. Definitely ghoulish.

I'll defer to your superior knowledge in these matters.

Jackstar

Thanks. No, hold the umbrella--that's for fairies.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Juan on January 20, 2017, 09:53:25 AM
Hillary looks old.  Bill looks on the prowl.

No one will be safe from that woman until someone drives a wooden stake through her heart.

Jackstar

Joe Biden looks like he's on straight-up goofballs. I actually got a contact high (I'm on HD high-def).

Jackstar

You can visibly observe Ivanka's eyes mapping and memorizing the walk for the next three times she's scheduled to walk it.

Jackstar

Note to self: finish lip-reading lessons

Juan

Hillary looks wobbly.  Somebody give her a shot.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Juan on January 20, 2017, 10:12:18 AM
Hillary looks wobbly.  Somebody give her a shot.

They needed all the baby's blood for George and Barbara.  ;)

Jackstar

The only way Michelle could look any more mannish is if they put a coal miner's helmet on her head.

Jackstar

All these fake smiles and lick-lipping is so heinous.

Michelle's sour puss face...

Dr. MD MD

Sexiest first lady EVAR!  :P