• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What are social justice warriors losing their shit about today?

Started by bateman, June 12, 2015, 06:46:40 PM

albrecht

BLM moves meeting because the public library in which they wanted to hold their meeting refused to follow their demands that only "non-whites" be able to attend. Interestingly the local Methodist Church WILL allow whites to be barred from attending, apparently?
http://injo.com/2016/02/542910-blm-library-irony/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=owned&utm_campaign=morning-newsletter

Philosopher

This encapsulates much of the "social justice" anti-free speech mantra in most universities today:

“The choice for mankind lies between freedom and happiness and for the great bulk of mankind, happiness is better.”
― George Orwell, 1984

paladin1991

Quote from: albrecht on February 22, 2016, 04:05:50 PM
BLM moves meeting because the public library in which they wanted to hold their meeting refused to follow their demands that only "non-whites" be able to attend. Interestingly the local Methodist Church WILL allow whites to be barred from attending, apparently?
http://injo.com/2016/02/542910-blm-library-irony/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=owned&utm_campaign=morning-newsletter

Hehehe.  Every time I read BLM, I read it as Bureau of Land Management.  NO shit.  Every time.  I have to think hard that it's Black Lives Matter.  Hehehe.  Not even on my radar.

cweb

So their point is- nothing beats (non-existent) discrimination better than... discrimination?

onan

Pretty soon, white guys will have their own drinking fountain, and not the good one. Kinda funny when thought about.

Quote from: onan on February 26, 2016, 07:42:40 AM
Pretty soon, white guys will have their own drinking fountain, and not the good one. Kinda funny when thought about.

So you're saying no more slaves? *pouts*  :-\

Quote from: bateman on February 25, 2016, 07:19:03 PM
NYC Comedy Fest Charges Straight White Men More In Push For Gender Equality

And this shit is exactly why stand-up comedy is dead today. That art form died with Carlin.

Oh and another thing. Most "comedy festivals" are scams meant to fuck the performers out of money by forcing them to pay their own way through the festival. I guarantee you all professional decent comedians will avoid this thing like ass cancer. But this was kind of brilliant on the festival organizers' part as they got a ton of free publicity and will attract the exact stupid pieces of trash who think it's progressive to get raped out of their money for this social justice shit.

Looking at the people putting on the festival, not one single name worth a flying fuck. Just a bunch of angry broads who aren't funny and want to make sure others aren't either.

Sigh...

Jackstar

Quote from: VoteQuimby on February 26, 2016, 11:07:51 AM
Just a bunch of angry broads who aren't funny and want to make sure others aren't either.

So, college.

cweb

Quote from: Jackstar on February 27, 2016, 12:04:32 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/27/business/media/melissa-harris-perry-walks-off-her-msnbc-show-after-pre-emptions.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0

QuoteThe host, Melissa Harris-Perry, wrote in an email to co-workers this week that her show had effectively been taken away from her and that she felt “worthless” in the eyes of NBC News executives, who are restructuring MSNBC.
She is.

Maybe she's just mad that MSNBC didn't want to add her self-centered race-baiting bullshit to their crappy election coverage.

She'd have to get in line behind Sharpton anyway.

I really think this social justice bullshit is dying out and won't be trendy much longer. The rise of TrumpNasty, Budweiser's new slogan, more and more these professional social justice pieces of shit disappearing. I think society is starting to shift against this illogical idiocy. They'll be off marginalized like the tea party is now.

onan

Quote from: VoteQuimby on February 27, 2016, 02:55:28 PM
I really think this social justice bullshit is dying out and won't be trendy much longer. The rise of TrumpNasty, Budweiser's new slogan, more and more these professional social justice pieces of shit disappearing. I think society is starting to shift against this illogical idiocy. They'll be off marginalized like the tea party is now.

I don't see that, but I hope you are correct. Then again, micro-aggressioniveness will be missed.

Jackstar

I honestly forgot this chica even still had a show. She was lucky to get as far as she did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvbCN8PSk-Y

bateman

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/03/09/cambridge-college-removes-racist-bronze-cock-after-student-demands/

QuoteThe college’s student union last month passed a resolution to supporting calls to return it to Africa. The Times reports that at one point during the debate a student snapped: “The opinion of two white men is not valid.”

This encapsulates and is the entirety of SJW arguments.

albrecht

Quote from: VoteQuimby on March 13, 2016, 12:43:38 PM

The "silence is consent" part is a bit odd considering that I thought the SWJ were up in arms about the plague of campus rape etc. Now they say if the victim is silent she consented?

Gumby, Dammit

Wow. I see they are teaching Stupid at Harvard now too.

cweb

Quote from: VoteQuimby on March 13, 2016, 12:43:38 PM

Document about alleged racism is... racist.

Kids need more shit to do these days. They just aren't resourceful enough to find stuff to do, like we did in the 80s and 90s.

VtaGeezer

SJWs are in an uproar that Obama nominated another old white Ivy League guy to the USSC today. 

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 16, 2016, 07:45:25 PM
SJWs are in an uproar that Obama nominated another old white Ivy League guy to the USSC today.
But he is Jewish.  :o (Though I forget if that is now a bad thing due to Palestine and bankers or if it is still in the canon of SJWs.)