• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
Just know about that crticalhealthnews (dot) com. It doesn't hold a license to practice medicine in the state of California, from what we determined, but is an online store with a domain name registered to the owner of the affiliate AM 1080 KSCO in Santa Cruz. No, those who are claiming to "help people" at the other end of that telephone may well be trying to diagnose and treat conditions without a license. Call them and see what you get.

There are laws about trying to diagnose and treat medical conditions. Especially when those like Joel Wallach and George Noory claim whoever calls is some "patient" without adhering to the law. There are laws in place that mandate you must see the patient in person, provide them with the patients' privacy rights, and provide them with the proper The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), Public Law 104-191, requires any health provider to present a consented document and such criteria before you recommend any "treatment" or cure.

Neither Noory or Wallach has examined the person firsthand, nor has adhered to the our HIPAA laws before they said what to do. That can get Premiere Networks in legal trouble, since they failed to air a disclaimer stating: "The views expressed by George Noory and his guests don't necessarily represent those of Premier Networks, its affiliates or any employee of our network for any medical claims made."

Short of that, Premiere Networks may find itself in class-action lawsuits for gross negligence and failure to disclosure that such is nothing but a paid program on behalf of criticalhealthnews (dot)com and any all medical advice is not to be taken seriously. All of you are encouraged to seek advice from your local physicians and medical doctors before you adhere to the medical advice you hear on the radio from those who never examined you in person, took vital signs or conducted the tests needed to properly asses your condition under the law. 

Hey Noory or Wallach: Did you ever examine the patient in person, having your aides take vital signs, and present them with the proper paperwork -- namely required under Public Law 104-191 -- or not? If not, you are a lawsuit waiting to happen. A big lawsuit for gross negligence Premiere Networks. Fair enough? You won't win.
###   

Morgus

Noory's guest keeps recommending eating a dozen eggs per hundred pounds of body weight a day!

Zetaspeak

Quote from: Here We Go Again on January 31, 2017, 12:19:04 AM
George Noory, the master of fake news, just said the terrorist attack happened in the Canadian city of Montreal. I think it was Quebec, Noory. Like that matters to fools like you. Who never correct errors of news information.

George Noory declared that attack happened at Montreal, if I heard that buffoon right. Then never heard him correct his blunder -- like he cares about "fake news'?
###

I haven't been listening but with the exception of getting the city wrong did he actually get the rest of the story correct?

The one highlight of these medical shows is seeing the reaction on Twitter of people freaking out over another infomercial.

Coast to Coast AM is an infomercial. Noory and the fake doctor (who diagnoses the same treatments to all people without meeting them or running any tests) may as well be sitting at a table with Hawaiian shirts on, with Noory saying "that's amazing, Doc!" Every few minutes followed by "How can people get started??" before every break.

Noory, you should be ashamed of yourself, you greedy piece of shit pig.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Here We Go Again on January 31, 2017, 12:19:04 AM
George Noory, the master of fake news, just said the terrorist attack happened in the Canadian city of Montreal. I think it was Quebec, Noory. Like that matters to fools like you. Who never correct errors of news information.

George Noory declared that attack happened at Montreal, if I heard that buffoon right. Then never heard him correct his blunder -- like he cares about "fake news'?
###

And of course George didn't say that the perp is white guy far right Trump supporter and self proclaimed Christian. 

Mizak

n the early 1980's, Wallach called himself a "Manner Metabolic Physician'' and treated cancer patients with laetrile, a substance that should not be used to treat cancer. In 1990 he also worked with Kurt Donsbach at the notorious Tijuana clinic Hospital Santa Monica. In 1995, Wallach was using chelation therapy for heart disease, a common misuse of this therapy by quacks. A relative of one of Wallach's patients reported his concerns to the National Council Against Health Fraud when the patient died in Wallach's care. The relative expressed concern that "Wallach had convinced the patient not to be treated by his regular physician; thus he did not seek proper medical help and died."*

I rarely listen when that QUAK is on but I've heard him tell 3 callers to FIRE THEIR DR.!!! Just a matter of time before he and Noory gets to go to JAIL!

Mizak

There is no scientific data supporting the claim that all diseases are due to mineral deficiencies. A deficiency or excess of zinc can cause serious health problems. Iron deficiency is a well-known health problem. And there is a good reason for magnesium being a common ingredient in laxatives and antacids. But unless one has a specific deficiency, there is no known health benefit from ingesting daily supplements, colloidal or otherwise, unless one considers it a health benefit to feel that you are in control of your well-being by taking supplements. Numerous studies have failed to find any health benefit from taking supplements "just in case" you might be deficient in one or more vitamins or minerals. Editors at the Annals of Internal Medicine put it this way:

Most supplements do not prevent chronic disease or death, their use is not justified, and they should be avoided.... After years of study and mostly disappointing results, enough is enough. What we've found time and again is that the supplements are not working… we don't need to go on studying them forever....most of the 53% of U.S. consumers who use supplements are wasting money, to the tune of $28 billion a year.*

Mizak

Wallach falsely claims that there are five cultures in the world that have average life spans of between 120 and 140 years: the Tibetans in Western China; the Hunzas in Eastern Pakistan; the Russian Georgians and the Armenians, the Abkhasians, and the Azerbaijanis. He also mentions the people of the Vilcabamba in Ecuador and those who live around Lake Titicaca in Peru and Bolivia. The secret of their longevity is "glacier milk" (water full of colloidal minerals). The basis for these claims seems to be Wallach's imagination.

Mizak

The label on the "Dead Doctors Don't Lie" tape says "Learn why the average life span of an MD is only 58 years." On his tape, Dr. Wallach claims that "the average life span of an American is 75 years, but the average life span of an American doctor is only 58 years!" Maybe dead doctors don't lie, but this living one certainly does. According to Kevin Kenward of the American Medical Association: "Based on over 210,000 records of deceased physicians, our data indicate the average life-span of a physician is 70.8 years." One wonders where Dr. Wallach got his data. The only mention in his tape of data on physician deaths is in his description of a rather gruesome hobby of his: he collects obituaries of local physicians as he takes his mineral show from town to town.

On his tape, Wallach says

...what I did was go back to school and become a physician. I finally got a license to kill (laughter), and they allowed me to use everything I had learned in veterinary school about nutrition on my human patients. And to no surprise to me, it worked. I spent 12 years up in Portland, Oregon, in general practice, and it was very fascinating.

Mizak

Wallach is not a physician, but an N.D., a doctor of naturopathy. It is unlikely that most of the people in his audiences know that naturopaths aren't really physicians and that there is a big difference between an M.D. and an N.D. He also claims he did hundreds of autopsies on humans while working as a veterinarian in St. Louis. How does a veterinarian get to do human autopsies?

Well, again, to make a long story short, over a period of some twelve years I did 17,500 autopsies on over 454 species of animals and 3,000 human beings who lived in close proximity to the zoos, and the thing I found out was this: every animal and every human being who dies of natural causes dies of a nutritional deficiency.

If he really did do all those autopsies and then concluded that every animal or human who dies of natural causes dies because of a nutritional deficiency, then he qualifies for the Ignoble or Ignoramus Prize. To accomplish his autopsy feat, he would have to have done six autopsies a day, working 5 days a week for 12 years, taking only a 2-week vacation each year. He was allegedly performing all these autopsies in addition to his other duties and presumably while he was writing essays and books as well.

Yes I C&P from Wikipedia but it's all true.What a POS NORRY and wallach ARE !!!

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Mizak on January 31, 2017, 07:05:15 AM
He also claims he did hundreds of autopsies on humans while working as a veterinarian in St. Louis. How does a veterinarian get to do human autopsies?

Would not be unusual in Missouri, especially in the Cape Girardeau area.

Zetaspeak

Quote from: PaulAtreides on January 31, 2017, 04:55:17 AM
And of course George didn't say that the perp is white guy far right Trump supporter and self proclaimed Christian.

It must have been really bad, as I search C2C comments on twitter I came across this. I now feel I must tune in to a repeat to see how bad it was.

<a href="https://twitter.com/ElSeldo/status/826424022451814401">

CKTB is a Canadian radio station in Niagara. It seems like their morning show starts af 5:30est and the half hour between C2C ends and morning show begins they replay the first half hour. My guess that the morning show host or producer heard the "Noory news" segment while getting ready to start their show and heard the horrible misinformation he was spewing out and had apologize for him (and I am guessing the station) after the fact. Just so damn embarrassing.

I wonder how many workers in stations (especially news departments) are ashamed they have to follow or throw to this idiot. It's one thing to have a silly C2C topic, but it's another when you are passing around misinformation on serious news.

albrecht

Quote from: Mizak on January 31, 2017, 07:05:15 AM
Wallach is not a physician, but an N.D., a doctor of naturopathy. It is unlikely that most of the people in his audiences know that naturopaths aren't really physicians and that there is a big difference between an M.D. and an N.D. He also claims he did hundreds of autopsies on humans while working as a veterinarian in St. Louis. How does a veterinarian get to do human autopsies?
He is a quack but I think he is pretty old so this would not be surprising. In many places, at least in the past, positions like coroner, Justice of the Peace, or medical examiner were an elected position and one did not, necessarily, need to be educated, especially in more rural areas or small towns.  In most cases, they simply certify the death not necessarily do an autopsy but they could, say in an unintended or suspicious death. I think now, usually, not in the case of recently dead Supreme Court Justice, they would call in State or more degreed authorities if the death was suspicious of being criminal or needed an autopsy. (ps: this could've all be known if you ever watched Quincy- he went on tirades and campaigns about getting these positions to be required to have education and use science/medicine and not just elected positions.)

Ciardelo

Here in Tulsa we had a county coroner call a guy who slit his throat twice with vigor up in a trailer on the lake a suicide...

/just sayin'

cowtown

I emailed Snoory about his "show" last night. Here is my email and the Great One's response.  Snoory is a man of few words, all of them stupid.

Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 8:06 AM
To: george@coasttocoastam.com
Subject: There You Go Again, Noory

Noory biased? Naaaahhh.

How did you mention Trump's racist ban on Muslims? You merely cited his firing of the acting attorney general who (like the REST OF THE WORLD) questioned its legality.That was it. No mention of the ban itself, no shock on your part. No mention of the fact that Trump did not ban Muslims from the countries where he has personal business interests - i.e. massive conflicts of interests that ought to preclude him from office, and may still.  Why is that, Noory? You talked endlessly month after month about Clinton's potential conflicts of interest re: the Clinton Foundation. But not a word about Trump's massive conflicts of interest. No mention about Trump's overt lies and adolescent obsession about "crowd size" at the inauguration, or his unseemly narcissistic obsession with himself at the CIA meeting. He was there to supposedly honor fallen CIA agents. Instead he rambled on about the number of times he's been on the cover of magazines. Do you not find any of this unusual?

You made it sound like the only people who are questioning this fascist Trump's Muslim ban are "the Democrats". You cannot be serious, Noory. The entire world is outraged. You do understand this monster Trump is a dangerous, unhinged fascist, don't you? England is considering banning him from entering their country. Why wasn't THAT mentioned in your "news" items? You'd be all over that news item were Clinton president and she the subject of a potential ban. Why didn't you mention fascist Trump's appointing the overt racist Steve Bannon to a high level security position? You show no concern, least of all alarm about any of Trump's racist and demagogic actions.

No, you're not biased. You're not a right wing shill.

The clincher was when you and your regular right wing sycophant talked about "Alex Jones" being a 'beloved friend of "Coast To Coast"' and that Alex Jones is going to be part of the White House press corp. That said everything we need to know about Noory's supposed lack of bias. Alex Jones is a raving right wing fear mongering lunatic. He'll be right at home with the racists Trump and Bannon.

Snoory, why don't you at least attempt to give the appearance of  being unbiased by having regular commentators on your "show" who express the alarm that most people in this  country - and world are feeling about this dangerous unfit-to-be-president monster.

Go back to sleep, Snoory.

To: cowtown
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 2:24:13 PM
Subject: RE: There You Go Again, Noory

Get a life

Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 5:57:08 PM
Subject: Re: There You Go Again, Noory

Actually, Noory - it is you that needs to "get a life". You are a pathetic, disingenuous fool. Nice "info-mercial" show last night promoting a sponsor.

I need to shine some shoes. What brand of shoe polish is it you use on your hair?

What can be said about a narcissistic radio host with an entire website dedicated to how much people hate you?

Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 6:01:59 PM

Do you have any friends…a job?

Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 6:01:59 PM

Do you have any friends…a job?
[/quote]

Why don't you ask George Noory, with his great job, why Premiere Networks doesn't air disclaimers that the supplements they push lack FDA statements to the effect:

"These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products aren't meant to prevent, treat or cure any type of disease. None of the information you hear on this program is meant to replace any medical advice you receive from your doctors. Premiere Networks is not responsible for any harm that may come to consumers from the ill-advised information that host George Noory and his guests or any paid sponsor advances, nor can this network vouch for the credibility of criticalhealthnews (dot)com, nor support any issues or health recommendations made to callers in the course of this program."

Get a job then, Noory. Then see down the road when so many people complain to the FDA, FCC and FTC that this "fake news program" is actually a paid program and you Noory, failed to cover yourself and Premiere Networks by not airing proper disclaimers.
###

ShayP

Quote from: Dyna-X on January 31, 2017, 08:59:45 PM
Does George really answer his emails?

Yeah.  Why do you think he's so distracted when "interviewing?"  LOL!   ;)   He also posts here on a rare occasion.  :o   If he posts here, he definitely answers emails.

zeebo

Quote from: Mizak on January 31, 2017, 07:01:39 AM
There is no scientific data supporting the claim that all diseases are due to mineral deficiencies....

These kinds of claims are ones that kinda make sense to people, in spite of little or no evidence supporting them.  It's like for awhile I kept hearing everywhere "You must drink 8 full glasses of water every day!"  Supposedly it's to "flush out toxins" or whatnot, which again kind of makes some intuitive sense, but is really based on nothing but speculation.  I decided I'll just drink water when I'm thirsty.

Zetaspeak

Wow it really shows the disdain he has for his listeners that he goes to the "no life/no job" line because technically going to that insult that has to mean the people who listen to his show and support him is that as well in his mind.

You bring up a good point C2C has done a tone of "Political conspiracy" shows way back to JFK to even current (including Republicans like the Bush's)  but there's nothing on Trump even though there some juicy stories with variety levels of realism (which lets be honest, it never stopped C2C before) Like you mentioned cowtown the connection between Trump & some richer Muslim countries is certainly the type of show that been talked about with other leaders. I just read that the rumored KGB agent that did the work on the Trump dossier, again that sounds like a great C2C story, again nothing.

It sounds almost like Jones (who I didn't mind in the past) because he see's a conspiracy on all sides (I don't agree with him but at least he's consistent) how now seems like just a cheerleader.

Talking about the medical shows, as I said before I looked at twitter comments and see the negative reactions, which is a bit of fun. What is not fun is reading peoples desperate tweets how sick they or their family member is begging for help, Noory taking advantage of those people is as skin crawling as you can get. 

ShayP

Quote from: Zetaspeak on January 31, 2017, 09:10:27 PM
Wow it really shows the disdain he has for his listeners that he goes to the "no life/no job" line because technically going to that insult that has to mean the people who listen to his show and support him is that as well in his mind.

Any criticism of George makes you a "HATER."    ::)

ItsOver

Several BG'ers have gotten responses from either Jorch or a flunky.  You haven't really made the grade until Jorch calls you a hater, though.

ShayP

Quote from: Zetaspeak on January 31, 2017, 09:10:27 PM
What is not fun is reading peoples desperate tweets how sick they or their family member is begging for help, Noory taking advantage of those people is as skin crawling as you can get.

Agreed.  These people truly believe there's hope in what Noory and his flunky guest has to offer.  Taking hundreds of vitamins a month will not help.  Wallach wants money, nothing else.  Oh well.  George will just say as usual..."We're just offering options folks.  We don't give medical advice."  *paraphrasing

cowtown

He does. Here's another "exchange" I had with that Snoory of few words, all of them stupid.

Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2017 10:32 PM
Subject: Wake Up, Noory

Noory - you are a complete moron and a shill for the demagogue Trump.

You keep whining, "I've never seen anything like this! He's not even in office" with respect to the contempt for Trump - as if there is no basis whatsoever for this.

Do you seriously not see anything wrong with this vulgar, unhinged narcissist? His inciting violence at his rallies, his mocking a disabled reporter, his criminal sexual assault of women, his massive conflicts of interest, his constant stream of belittling others - including icon Rep. John Lewis, his disgusting family - the trophy pole dancer/porno wife and the sons who murder endangered species. And the likelihood he is in league with Putin who corrupted-directed this election. This monster can't even get people to appear at his "inauguration". Why do you think that is, Noory? You seriously do not see he is the problem?

You just had one of your regular right wing shills on your show lambasting the congressional members who are boycotting the inauguration, calling them "psychotic". Noory, "psychotic" describes Trump.

You spent ENDLESS hours attacking H. Clinton on your show.  But no objective evaluation-criticism of this revolting Trump. Why aren't you talking about his reneging on "draining the swamp" - his cabinet is full of racists and Goldman Sachs and the Exxon CEO and unqualified ("oops") people Why is that? You spent a long time railing against "Hillary's emails" and the "Clinton Foundation." You stopped talking about that after Nov. 8th - why is that if it was so concerning to you?

Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 12:02:05 AM
Subject: RE: Wake Up, Noory

You haven’t listened to one complete show get your facts right..I present guests from both sides
And you have NEVER EVER heard me pick a candidate because I don’t

ItsOver

Jorch doesn't give a crap.  All he cares about is his PremRad paycheck.

JesusJuice

What in the fuck are they talking about? I admit that I'm only half listening.

>If you can talk to a cell in your body, you could ask it what it thinks about the show you are listening to and it would tell you "go away, I'm busy with the kidney."

zeebo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 01, 2017, 12:13:51 AM
I wish we had real alternatives to Noory. :-\

Maybe we do tonite in the second half - isn't Bassett one of those that just plows through uninterrupted, stream-of-consciousness style?

Quote from: zeebo on February 01, 2017, 01:38:16 AM
Maybe we do tonite in the second half - isn't Bassett one of those that just plows through uninterrupted, stream-of-consciousness style?

Unfortunately every other word he says is disclosure.  I turned on a podcast of Beyond the Darkness with good Dave.

zeebo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 01, 2017, 01:53:57 AM
Unfortunately every other word he says is disclosure.  I turned on a podcast of Beyond the Darkness with good Dave.

Hearing his voice now, I realize I was thinking of someone else - Stephen Quayle.  In any case, you've made a wise choice.