• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

chefist

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 18, 2018, 04:43:58 PM
True, the thespian in him adopted that sort of mid-Atlantic accent that was popular back in the 1950s.

Yes...a Shakespearean theater accent for sure.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 18, 2018, 04:44:31 PM
There is/was a policy being sold that protected people from gaps in employment by paying your credit card minimum payments, mortgages, insurance premiums, etc.  For some reason, I think it was called "change of life" coverage.

ah, i see.  come to think of it, i've been offered similar types of insurance in the past.

Quote from: Rix Gins on May 18, 2018, 04:38:06 PM
His non-horror stuff is good too.  I had always thought that his dad had invented the formula of Coke-a Cola but I guess not. It was "Dr. Price's Baking Powder."  Still, it was popular enough to generate a family fortune.

He was a terrific actor.  Yes he could be hammy at times but other times he could be very subtle.  Check out The Witchfinder General.  He gave a terrific performance in that one and he was a steady, reliable character actor at Fox for years in many dramas.  One of my favorite roles of his is from His Kind of Woman with Mitchum and Jane Russell.  He was funny as hell and stole that film.

Sean92008

Original MV, I love the "BellGab.comâ,,¢" swipe at HLW. Dropping the avatar at the top was a good, clean move too.

ShayP

Quote from: Liberace on May 18, 2018, 04:44:10 PM
I initially read "flasher" as "fluffer."  But I agreed both times.

I could use your service.

chefist

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 18, 2018, 04:47:09 PM
He was a terrific actor.  Yes he could be hammy at times but other times he could be very subtle.  Check out The Witchfinder General.  He gave a terrific performance  in that one and he was a steady reliable character actor at Fox for years in many dramas.  One of my favorite roles of his is from His Kind of Woman with Mitchum and Jane Russell.  He was funny as hell and stole that film.

If I were an actor I definitely would be intimidated if I worked with Vicente Price. 6' 4", talented, charismatic, funny, smart...ouch

Rix Gins

Liberace, I posted a video of you in the music thread, from your old 1950's show.  You were right.  You were the first person to look into the camera while you played. What a smile!

Cowkiller

Quote from: Liberace on May 18, 2018, 04:29:16 PM
i used to be a 911 dispatcher.  one of the medics told me they went on a welfare call one day, and when they chose the window they'd use for entry, they noticed it was completely blacked out.  turns out it was a bathroom window just above the tub where an old lady had died many days earlier and the flies had covered the window so thoroughly that it gave the impression the window had something obscuring it.  as an aside... i was also told one of the responders (probably the first to enter) accidentally slipped into the tub while entering and was thoroughly covered in... well, reality.

Ok, grosser than gross.
  In downtown santa cruz 199?.  A spot appeared in a restaurants' ceiling, which over a couple of days, proceeded to drip liquid into their kitchen.  The building was newly built after the earthquake, with apartments above.  When they broke in to the apartment, the body had gone through the bloating stage and had entered the liquidification stage of decomposition.   
  Would you like soy sauce with your meal sir?

Sean92008

Quote from: Liberace on May 18, 2018, 04:47:09 PM
ah, i see.  come to think of it, i've been offered similar types of insurance in the past.

AFLAC might be one of them...

ShayP

Quote from: chefist on May 18, 2018, 04:50:29 PM
6' 4", talented, charismatic, funny, smart...ouch

Like Gravity Sucks?

K_Dubb

Quote from: Rix Gins on May 18, 2018, 04:50:57 PM
Liberace, I posted a video of you in the music thread, from your old 1950's show.  You were right.  You were the first person to look into the camera while you played. What a smile!

I wonder about that.  I think Korla Pandit's show started in the late '40s and camera-gazing was his shtick.

Quote from: chefist on May 18, 2018, 04:50:29 PM
If I were an actor I definitely would be intimidated if I worked with Vicente Price. 6' 4", talented, charismatic, funny, smart...ouch

Yes, he was also a very nice man from what I've read about him.  Many of those classic horror actors were true gentlemen.

ge30542

So Art was a swinger, orgy-ist?
The Bells, Cranes, Lazaars and Leers? Bet those were some rockin' evenings. What about LMH, wonder if Art ever banged her.

chefist

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 18, 2018, 04:55:26 PM
Yes, he was also a very nice man from what I've read about him.  Many of those classic horror actors were true gentlemen.

He gave to many different charities...and free appearances for many causes...He graduated from Northeast Missouri...I remember going there in high school with my best friend, as he thought he might attend...they bragged about Vincent Price being an alumni.

Queenie

Does anyone know if Heather is doing a show tonight?  Tizzy can't find it on the worldwide webinar page.

Roswells, Art

I think Marshall Applewhite, the leader of Heaven's Gate believed the shit he was spewing. If anyone is interested in hearing about cults, there is a podcast I listen to called 'Cults' heh. Here is a link.

https://www.parcast.com/cults/

It's pretty good, though I disagree on some of the hosts assessments.

P.S. Ours isn't in it, Bellnwhistle.

P.P.S. Parcast has other podcasts that I bet some of you might like, serial killers and other stuff.

HumanBeing

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 18, 2018, 04:03:01 PM
I don't understand how she can accept Lasha as an advisor and friend when while when she was posting as (Redacted) she called Lasha all sorts of adjectives for crazy and seemed to really dislike her.

Yeah that is just more strangeness.
She's said the past few weeks that she feels alone and has no one in her corner anymore now that Art is dead.
Lasha and crew are staunch supporters of her and seem to be the ones trying to build and maintain her confidence.
When you feel like you have absolutely no one even that wretch Lasha can be a light in the darkness to her.

Rix Gins

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 18, 2018, 04:47:09 PM
He was a terrific actor.  Yes he could be hammy at times but other times he could be very subtle.  Check out The Witchfinder General.  He gave a terrific performance in that one and he was a steady, reliable character actor at Fox for years in many dramas.  One of my favorite roles of his is from His Kind of Woman with Mitchum and Jane Russell.  He was funny as hell and stole that film.

Yes, he did steal that film.  I loved the part where they played his movie on a projector screen.  He was so tempted to applaud himself while watching his horribly cheesy dramatic scene.  That is one of my top 20 favorite movies.

Quote from: Queenie on May 18, 2018, 04:58:42 PM
Does anyone know if Heather is doing a show tonight?  Tizzy can't find it on the worldwide webinar page.

phone sex in the desert

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 18, 2018, 04:50:21 PM
Original MV, I love the "BellGab.comâ,,¢" swipe at HLW. Dropping the avatar at the top was a good, clean move too.

thanks on the TM, but i didn't make any avatar changes.  are you talking about the "welcome" area?  that space is collapsable on a user preference basis.  there's a little arrow you click to do it.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Cowkiller on May 18, 2018, 04:51:33 PM
Ok, grosser than gross.
  In downtown santa cruz 199?.  A spot appeared in a restaurants' ceiling, which over a couple of days, proceeded to drip liquid into their kitchen.  The building was newly built after the earthquake, with apartments above.  When they broke in to the apartment, the body had gone through the bloating stage and had entered the liquidification stage of decomposition.   

I have a thing for watching documentaries about autopsies, crime scene cleanup, etc.. and this family had someone dead in the apartment above them. They didn’t know what was dripping down from the ceiling.. and they had circular fans running non-stop, unknowingly spraying blood all over them and their stuff.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Rix Gins on May 18, 2018, 04:50:57 PM

the ladies loved me, but unfortunately, i was dedicated to my one true love, sonja henie.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Cowkiller on May 18, 2018, 04:51:33 PM
Ok, grosser than gross.

goddamn i'm hungry now.

Quote from: timebandit on May 18, 2018, 11:45:58 AM
flip a coin  :D
omg I got a million of em
But HLW only has 2 shows

Kolchak

I propose we create a BellGab wiki to collate and keep track of all the recurring players in this mess.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 18, 2018, 04:03:01 PM
I don't understand how she can accept Lasha as an advisor and friend when while when she was posting as (Redacted) she called Lasha all sorts of adjectives for crazy and seemed to really dislike her.

Emotionally questionable people do these sorts of things.  I'd just boil it down to that.

ShayP

Quote from: Liberace on May 18, 2018, 05:01:26 PM

LOL!  I have.  Not sure if I have enough for that particular service though.  I imagine you are quite expensive.  ;)  ;D