• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Frys Girl

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on January 09, 2012, 11:16:29 AM
HP laptops FUCKING SUCK.  Don't EVER buy one.  They SUUUUUUUUCK.  God DAMN it!!
Ahhhhh HP. Those idiots bought compaq and ever since, quality of computers went straight to trash. I owened a compaq laptop and it was the worst money on tech I ever spent. I love their laserjet printers, though.

Silent

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on January 09, 2012, 11:16:29 AM
HP laptops FUCKING SUCK.  Don't EVER buy one.  They SUUUUUUUUCK.  God DAMN it!!

Many years ago I bought a desktop computer from HP which arrived with the CPU bouncing around in the bottom of the case.  No company has a perfect record but there's no excuse for that.  I havn't touched anything from HP since then and never will.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Silent on January 09, 2012, 08:45:56 PM
Many years ago I bought a desktop computer from HP which arrived with the CPU bouncing around in the bottom of the case.

unbelievable.

MV/Liberace!

any time my phone rings or i have unread emails/private messages, i feel a quick burst of anxiety and butterflies in my stomach.  it's like my body reacts physiologically because my brain knows a heaping of someone else's bullshit is about to be shoveled into my lap.

Frys Girl

I love words with friends and cut the rope.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on January 10, 2012, 04:10:12 PM
any time my phone rings or i have unread emails/private messages, i feel a quick burst of anxiety and butterflies in my stomach.  it's like my body reacts physiologically because my brain knows a heaping of someone else's bullshit is about to be shoveled into my lap.

You should consider two means of responding to this:  Have one cell phone for family and closest friends, and another strictly for work contacts.  Create two email addresses, one strictly for private use, one for work.  In this way you will have more control over when someone else's bullshit is about to be shoveled into your lap. 

The human mind naturally gravitates to the most simple comprehension, and categorization of the world, therefore an intermingling of your stress from work with your private life creates innate confusion at some level, and hence the physical reaction.  Add in a little "control" for you, in terms of making a dividing line between you and work, and anxiety should be reduced.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: High Strangeness on January 11, 2012, 07:12:16 AM

You should consider two means of responding to this:  Have one cell phone for family and closest friends, and another strictly for work contacts.  Create two email addresses, one strictly for private use, one for work.  In this way you will have more control over when someone else's bullshit is about to be shoveled into your lap. 

The human mind naturally gravitates to the most simple comprehension, and categorization of the world, therefore an intermingling of your stress from work with your private life creates innate confusion at some level, and hence the physical reaction.  Add in a little "control" for you, in terms of making a dividing line between you and work, and anxiety should be reduced.

that makes complete sense to me and i'm sure your suggestion would help.  problem is, i've got all my email dumped into one gmail inbox and when i leave the office, everything forwards to my cell.  i've got some rearranging to do.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on January 11, 2012, 01:49:34 PM

that makes complete sense to me and i'm sure your suggestion would help.  problem is, I've got all my email dumped into one gmail inbox and when i leave the office, everything forwards to my cell.  I've got some rearranging to do.

Exactly as I thought.  You never "really" leave the office.  And, you don't have a "private" buffer zone, e.g., a non-work cell phone, and non-work email address.  If you make the change, it will be like going through a type of withdrawl at first, then, liberation.

MV/Liberace!

anyone want to play left 4 dead (part one) with me?  i'm mvandeven on xbox live.  look me up.

b_dubb

i figured that if you acted sufficiently and convincingly that you got a bowl of rice.  i hate north korea

MV/Liberace!

check it out.  android ice cream sandwich on my old toshiba laptop. 

Vulhala

So the news over here today has been running a report saying that if you regularly eat at least 2 pieces of bacon a week, you're 20% more likely to get cancer.

F.M.L.

Cigarettes? Fine. Burnt toast? Fine. Even beer? Fine.

But bacon? Fuck that. That's crossing the line.

BobGrau

Quote from: Vulhala on January 13, 2012, 05:10:41 AM
So the news over here today has been running a report saying that if you regularly eat at least 2 pieces of bacon a week, you're 20% more likely to get cancer.

F.M.L.

Cigarettes? Fine. Burnt toast? Fine. Even beer? Fine.

But bacon? Fuck that. That's crossing the line.

presumably some sort of zionist conspiracy.

Vulhala

Must be. It just has to.

And I made an error in my post, it's 2 rashers of bacon a day.

I'm still screwed either way though.

Avi

Quote from: BobGrau on January 13, 2012, 05:15:12 AM
presumably some sort of zionist conspiracy.

As I've already said, the smoky back room where we Elders of Zion meet has gone smoke-free and vegetarian (although we are in possession of an excellent wine cellar). If we were really out to get ya', we'd have you eating more bacon, now wouldn't we? Three rashers (WTF is a rasher, exactly?) of bacon a week is good for you!

BobGrau

Quote from: Avi on January 13, 2012, 08:14:39 AM
As I've already said, the smoky back room where we Elders of Zion meet has gone smoke-free and vegetarian (although we are in possession of an excellent wine cellar). If we were really out to get ya', we'd have you eating more bacon, now wouldn't we? Three rashers (WTF is a rasher, exactly?) of bacon a week is good for you!

I used to feed around 200 hungover oil rig workers every morning for a living. I can assure you that a rasher of bacon is whatever chef fucking says it is.

McPhallus

Quote from: Frys Girl on January 10, 2012, 07:06:44 PM
I love words with friends and cut the rope.

Scramble with Friends is good, too.

Frys Girl

I've recently started watching episodes of "The Big Bang Theory." I like it much more than Two and a Half Men. Really good show!

Frys Girl

I'm contemplating opening a dumb criminals thread. I love these stories.

Police in Florida arrested Karen Henry, 45, after she allegedly threatened her 80-year-old father with a knife for not sharing his potato salad.

Even if Juan Aguirre got away, he would have ended up empty handed. Police said the 21-year-old Kansas stole six empty DVD boxes from a local adult entertainment shop.
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]Levon T. Sarkisyan, allegedly broke into a Connecticut home and smashed statues and furniture, because he claimed God told him to do it, according to police.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: b_dubb on January 18, 2012, 03:21:14 PM
http://youtu.be/Wwb5UeWmSd0

radiation will keep you youthful
That's how those Japanese stay so youthful looking...Thank God for the Bomb,indeed.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on January 18, 2012, 03:46:46 PM
i love beer

i've decided i'm done drinking.  i never was a big drinker anyway, but every time i do it i feel like ass for the subsequent 24 hours.  alcohol is just so hard on the human body.  i highly recommend everyone choose marijuana instead.

but, i have to say... a tall glass of guinness is really nice from time to time.

Avi

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on January 19, 2012, 02:03:38 AM
but, i have to say... a tall glass of guinness is really nice from time to time.

Yessss. Yesssss. My precioussssss.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on January 19, 2012, 02:03:38 AM

i've decided i'm done drinking.  i never was a big drinker anyway, but every time i do it i feel like ass for the subsequent 24 hours.  alcohol is just so hard on the human body.  i highly recommend everyone choose marijuana instead.

From my experience, this is a great decision. Since I stopped drinking, I've saved lots of money. I used to buy lots of wine. Drinking it made me feel like crap afterward.