• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

3OctaveFart

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on March 29, 2017, 05:57:31 PM
Would you prefer farmers, printers, or vacuum cleaner salesmen?  The people Trump chose have relevant experience and have risen to the top of their professions.
They are members of the lucky sperm club, as he is.

Big pay hit for serving? Let me get out my violin.

3OctaveFart

Maybe you would prefer the same sort of political hacks and chronies that Obama appointed.
Betsy De Vos is the biggest no-talent political hack I've seen in my life.

I wouldn't trust this person to sell me a stamp.

TigerLily

Would you prefer farmers, printers, or vacuum cleaner salesmen?  The people Trump chose have relevant experience and have risen to the top of their professions.  Maybe you would prefer the same sort of political hacks and chronies that Obama appointed.  Virtually all of Trump's cabinet are taking a huge pay hit to serve.

Unbelievable hypocrisy. I was going to use a different word but it is already one of your favorites

Yorkshire pud

Would you prefer farmers, printers, or vacuum cleaner salesmen?  The people Trump chose have relevant experience and have risen to the top of their professions.

Yes. Let's look at a couple shall we? Tillerson: Exxon mobil boss with very close relations with Putin and was awarded the Friend of Russia medal, appointed as Sec of State, who has decimated the diplomatic corp, knowing that Trump wants to pile money into the military, but then bizarrely said war was unlikely.

Then there's the Commerce sec, Wlbur Ross. Deputy chairman of Cyprus bank. Home of rampant Russian oligarch money laundering.

Then of course there's all the family members in official and unofficial capacities. All amply qualified because they're lawyers, pampered hoteliers and family members.

Steve Bannon; ex editor of Breitbart.. oh yeah, appointed to the Security council and had seven years in the navy and the displacement of members of the joint chiefs who do know what they're talking about.

Catsmile

Quote from: Meatie Pie on March 29, 2017, 09:09:13 AM

I have a question, and maybe it is just that of an overly doting father - has anyone ever seen the orange manbaby show the slightest gesture of affection to his youngest son? We know he's touchy-feely with his daughter, so he is not above such displays, but my feeling is the boy has some developmental delay that is repulsive to his physically repulsive dad.

Because Trump is a real man who likes grabbing real pussies, and despises grabbing figurative pussies?   

GravitySucks

Quote from: Meatie Pie on March 29, 2017, 05:48:58 PM
Sorry to overly snip this post but I am pressed for time and can't get into the ring here tonight as I would like.

I would quickly say in response that we have elected a man who stocked his government with captains of industry, the very people you claim are an object of mistrust.

None of this shit stands up to hard scrutiny. You either trust these men or you don't. You can't have it both ways, do all this screaming about corporate America and then fill a cabinet with them.

I would much rather prefer captains of industry to political hacks and social justice warriors.

#MAGA

3OctaveFart

I'd like war chieftains over some sloppy bleary-eyed drunk who ran a conservative blog. We can't always get what we want.

Lt.Uhura

WTF!! Someone needs to put a stop to this BS! She's gone from "no job" at the WH, to a "non-official" job, and now she has an "official" job?!? What the hell is going on? This family's egos are out of control. Or something even more nefarious, like daddy is unfit for office and she's the fixer, a de facto president? WTF?!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/29/politics/ivanka-trump-white-house-job/index.html

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on March 29, 2017, 06:19:59 PM
Yes. Let's look at a couple shall we? Tillerson: Exxon mobil boss with very close relations with Putin and was awarded the Friend of Russia medal, appointed as Sec of State, who has decimated the diplomatic corp, knowing that Trump wants to pile money into the military, but then bizarrely said war was unlikely.

Then there's the Commerce sec, Wlbur Ross. Deputy chairman of Cyprus bank. Home of rampant Russian oligarch money laundering.

Then of course there's all the family members in official and unofficial capacities. All amply qualified because they're lawyers, pampered hoteliers and family members.

Steve Bannon; ex editor of Breitbart.. oh yeah, appointed to the Security council and had seven years in the navy and the displacement of members of the joint chiefs who do know what they're talking about.

I don't give a rat's ass if he hires Doc, Dopey, Happy, Sleepy, Sneezy, Grumpy and Bashful as long as he does what he said he was going to do. 

Catsmile

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on March 29, 2017, 07:15:56 PM
WTF!! Someone needs to put a stop to this BS! She's gone from "no job" at the WH, to a "non-official" job, and now she has an "official" job?!? What the hell is going on? This family's egos are out of control. Or something even more nefarious, like daddy is unfit for office and she's the fixer, a de facto president? WTF?!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/29/politics/ivanka-trump-white-house-job/index.html

Between the 2 of them I like the idea of her being POTUS over him, but I get that isn't the point. I bet she grabs Tuh Donalds pussy all the time, for a long long tiem nao.

Lt.Uhura

...The possibility of a transaction brought scrutiny from two Bloomberg news reporters, Caleb Melby and David Kocieniewski, as well as from Congress and the New York Times. I discussed it in a column here two weeks ago. And for good reason: Kushner is a senior White House adviser who has Trump's ear on foreign policy. The math of Trump's 36-year-old son-in-law being saved from a reckless investment by China presented all sorts of conflicts of interest and the potential for disastrous policy moves by the White House...

But given how important 666 Fifth Avenue was for Kushner at the time, it's also possible that he saw the Russians as potential investors alongside the Chinese. Or as financial backups should the Chinese walk away from a deal.  The Times, citing a government source, said that the Senate plans to ask Kushner if financial help for 666 Fifth was part of his chats with Gorkov and Vnesheconombank

http://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-03-29/senators-please-ask-jared-kushner-about-666-fifth-avenue

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 29, 2017, 08:42:22 PM
ObamaCare hurt every single person who already had a good insurance policy...

Wrong again, PB. Stop confusing your opinion with the facts. I found a better, cheaper plan after Obamacare--and without any subsidy. In fact it was prior to the ACA when I briefly let my insurance lapse because the premiums had become so expensive, and ended up paying out of pocket for my son's surgery. If you want to share anecdotal stories, I've encountered far more people who were helped, rather than "hurt" by Obamacare.

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on March 29, 2017, 08:56:32 PM
Wrong again, PB. Stop confusing your opinion with the facts. I found a better, cheaper plan after Obamacare--and without any subsidy. In fact it was prior to the ACA when I briefly let my insurance lapse because the premiums had become so expensive, and ended up paying out of pocket for my son's surgery. If you want to share anecdotal stories, I've encountered far more people who were helped, rather than "hurt" by Obamacare.

Can explain why the American people gave the House back to the Rs in 2010, the Senate back to the Rs in 2014, and why the Rs picked up 12 governorships and around 1000 legislative seats since ObamaCare passed?

ObamaCare was probably the top issue, or certainly one of the top issues, in the country for all those election cycles.  That is an absolute blowout.  Don't you find it odd that all those people it supposedly helped either voted against the party that gave it to them, or didn't vote at all?

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on March 29, 2017, 07:15:56 PM
WTF!! Someone needs to put a stop to this BS! She's gone from "no job" at the WH, to a "non-official" job, and now she has an "official" job?!? What the hell is going on? This family's egos are out of control. Or something even more nefarious, like daddy is unfit for office and she's the fixer, a de facto president? WTF?...

Wait, - are we talking about Michelle, or Valery Jarratt?

Catsmile

Ultimately Paper Boy is a poser, he lives in San Francisco around the bay area which is a Liberal Mecca. Liberal ideals may disgust him, but he loves living in the economic and cultural prosperity SF Liberals provide. I'm sure he can give many convoluted tall tales about how Conservatives/Libertarians made the place so GREAT that it still prospers despite almost 50 years of Liberal domination. Yes, our beloved keyboard commando should put his money where his mouth is, proving hes not all bloviation. Moving to a Conservative Mecca would be befitting. Where his screeds would indeed succeed...

*Uh California Neo-libertarian in King Donalds Court

Rush Limbaughs birthplace would be befitting of his political leanings. A land where PB can really bask in the Conservative Libertarian economic and cultural prosperity that is the Cape. Our Fearless Leader MV < Praise MV > can show him the best that Taint, MO has to offer. The architectural beauty of Bill Emerson Bridge for example, a bridge built to escape nowhere.

Under the bridge they can see a crowd gathering witnessing a common occurrence, yet another meth-head fucking his sister. Everyone is yelling, throwing their hands in the air excitedly at the horrid high-stakes event unfolding before them. Taken aback PB joins in the fray to shout the meth addled dirtbag down. Which turns to frozen silence, once PB realizes the fray wasn't quite what it seemed. The frenzied crowd was placing bets. Wagering on the outcome of who comes first, the meth-head, his sister, or the cops.

MV sees PB is a little shaken from the towns unsanctioned gaming, so takes him for a drink at the pub. Meeting up with the guys to take the edge off. Only the best entertainment in town for their guest. They decide to really paint the town red. 32 is pretty much the apex of cultural entertainment around town. The object of Thirty-two is simple. Count the number of women it takes to make a complete set of teeth. Whoever has the highest female count buys the next round. The guy with the smallest female count tries to get those women to date him simultaneously, so he can have bragging rights. About him being on a date involving a full set of teeth.   

Papes at this point is deeply contemplating the move to this holy land, while nursing his Budweiser with disdain. His newfound brethren pick up on this vibe, and decide it's time to go elsewhere. With much bluster and pomp in their voices they spin tales of a place so good it's great, so huge it's amazing, with views unlike any other. Views that will make your head spin. PB feels this is a winning proposition, casts his vote to go see this wondrous place. Filled with excitement, he realizes along the way his band of brothers didn't tell him their destination.

The Jeep stops, PB looks around. This place looks nothing like the grandiose claims made. Once everyone is out of the Jeep PB wants to know where hes at, to which he receives no reply. Eventually MV says, "This is Trumps Bluff, do you know how it works?" PBs reply is a dubious expression, to the seemingly nonsensical question. The impasse is broken when the guys grab PB, bending him over and taking turns slipping him the dong, dry. PB struggles to no avail, demanding they stop. Yet, they did not stop. Why, you ask? The crew from the Cape knew it was clear case of fake news. PB was simply playing hard to get. Because when a clown with orange hair and makeup bends him over and is dry running him, PB can't get enough. 

Poser Libertarian stranded, dazed, and confused, in the heart of Tuh Donalds court. Butthurt is his only consolation. Fear not! Our beloved keyboard commando will spread his embittered alternative facts of that night, as far and wide as his newly reamed anus.

...And that was the story of him.   

<*Even though this narrative is all bloviation, it's just as valid most of Paper Boys bloviating narratives. >

JesusJuice

>Ryan opposes Trump working with Democrats on healthcare

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-congress-obamacare-idUSKBN17105S

QuoteU.S. House of Representatives Speaker Paul Ryan, the top Republican in Congress, said he does not want President Donald Trump to work with Democrats on new legislation for revamping the country's health insurance system, commonly called Obamacare.

In an interview with "CBS This Morning" that will air on Thursday, Ryan said he fears the Republican Party, which failed last week to come together and agree on a healthcare overhaul, is pushing the president to the other side of the aisle so he can make good on campaign promises to redo Obamacare.

"I don't want that to happen," Ryan said, referring to Trump's offer to work with Democrats.

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on March 29, 2017, 05:29:06 PM
Oh?

Quote:
Almost no one is noting the extraordinary influence Republicans had on the healthcare reform bill crafted by the Senate, as it made its way through the committee process last year. The bill approved by Sen. Christopher Dodd’s Health, Education, Labor and Pensions committee, for instance, included 161 amendments authored by Republicans. Only 49 Republican amendments were rejected out of 210 considered.  Yet the bill got zero Republican votes when it passed out of the committee.

http://www.salon.com/2010/02/23/hcr_amendments/

You may want to read the article again, a little more closely.  But first remember:  Salon is an opinion journal and this is an opinion piece - regardless of what they may claim.

According to this piece, the Rs offered 210 amendments, of which 161 were accepted.  Except reading it a little more closely - as well as following their link to Ezra Klein's column, and reading that - the ''amendments'' attributed to the Rs were written by the Ds:  ''the final Democratic proposals have contained multiple GOP planks''

First off, including ''core planks'' in the legislation is not the same as adding amendments.  Amendments are proposals to legislation after it's been drafted, and each is voted on separately.  These ''planks'' were included by the Ds, in the original legislation, and were not voted on separately.  Which means they were not amendments, and we don't know what the Rs thought about the actual language of them - since there were no separate votes taken on them.

Second, having the Ds write in this legislation in an attempt to draw Republican votes is not the same as accepting language (amendments) the Rs wanted.  The various issues these ''planks'' addressed may or may not have been acceptable, and may not have even addressed the key points. 

By reading this piece carefully, these were not ''Republican Amendments''.  Although it was crafted in a way that's the impression they wanted to give the reader.  So, you know, more misleading Fake News from the usual purveyors.

Lt.Uhura

Another day, another example of Trump's incompetence. Does he really believe that his proposed wall, costing BILLIONS of taxpayer dollars, and taking years to be completed (likely far longer than he's in office) will save lives from opioid overdoses? Another commission? Lead by Chris Christie? For Chrissakes. If he consulted with the health experts and researchers on the issue, they'd inform him the Fentanyl that's resulting in so many deaths is coming in from China. What an idiot.

The White House issued a budget request recently that would siphon billions of dollars from NIH research and CDC public health work this year while steering about $2 billion toward construction of Trump's border wall with Mexico.
The president has promoted the wall as a linchpin of his strategy to fight the opioid epidemic. "A wall will not only keep out dangerous cartels and criminals, but it will also keep out the drugs and heroin poisoning our youth," Trump said in October in New Hampshire â€" a state hard-hit by the opioid crisis.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/donald-trump-opioids-commission-executive-order-236654

WOTR

Quote from: Spy on March 29, 2017, 08:39:23 AM
I would like to see "None of the above" added to all ballots.  I truly believe "None of the above" would come in first in some elections.  It might (no guarantee) impart some humility on the winner who realized he/she came in second to "none of the above."
And this is why I have spoilt my ballot for several elections.  I hand it back to the pollsters, and most inform me that I should go and fill it out.  I inform them that "I would be happy to vote for a candidate, if any party ran one worthy of my vote."  I had one person continue to argue that I took the time to come out to the polling station.  I let them know that was so that any interested party would be aware that I am willing to make the effort to come out and vote if they could be bothered to run somebody worth voting for (my name is crossed off the list as having voted- and in a way, I do). 

I usually draw a small crowd of half a dozen or a dozen people trying to figure out what the hell is happening (especially if they do not know the rules and have to call the senior returning officer over to confirm that I do not "need" to make a mark on the paper.)  Hopefully I have inspired one or two to consider if they are voting for a candidate, against a candidate, or what their motivation is...

Anyhow, "none of the above", it is...

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 29, 2017, 09:11:16 PM
Can explain why the American people gave the House back to the Rs in 2010, the Senate back to the Rs in 2014, and why the Rs picked up 12 governorships and around 1000 legislative seats since ObamaCare passed?

ObamaCare was probably the top issue, or certainly one of the top issues, in the country for all those election cycles.  That is an absolute blowout.  Don't you find it odd that all those people it supposedly helped either voted against the party that gave it to them, or didn't vote at all?

Evidently "those people" must have realized their Obamacare is going to be a hell of a lot better than the nothing they'll get from Ryan and his cronies.

Zetaspeak

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 29, 2017, 09:11:16 PM

Dems suck at mid-terms. The right has much more political  geeks who get hype for mid-term, we only get hyped for The General. I wish we would be as motivated  during midtems and down ballot.

Gerrymandering  really  effed Dems over 2012 there was 1.5 Million more votes but the Gop had a 33 seat advantage 

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: Spy on March 29, 2017, 08:39:23 AM
I would like to see "None of the above" added to all ballots.  I truly believe "None of the above" would come in first in some elections.  It might (no guarantee) impart some humility on the winner who realized he/she came in second to "none of the above."

"None of the above" did win this last election. Their non-votes came in at 90+million registered voters, far ahead of Hillary at 66 million, and Trump at 63 million. But don't tell Trump he came in 3rd after "none of the above" and Hillary. There will be no humility.

Quote from: Catsmile on March 29, 2017, 09:23:54 PM
Ultimately Paper Boy is a poser, he lives in San Francisco around the bay area which is a Liberal Mecca. Liberal ideals may disgust him, but he loves living in the economic and cultural prosperity SF Liberals provide. I'm sure he can give many convoluted tall tales about how Conservatives/Libertarians made the place so GREAT that it still prospers despite almost 50 years of Liberal domination. Yes, our beloved keyboard commando should put his money where his mouth is, proving hes not all bloviation. Moving to a Conservative Mecca would be befitting. Where his screeds would indeed succeed...

TLDR.  I only made it this far, sorry - I'm sure you put a lot of thought into writing it.

Anyway, in the immortal words of the Great Divider:  ''You didn't build that''. 

California, San Francisco, and the entire West was not built by faggy, whiny, divisive, paper-shuffling, arrogant, America-hating Lib phonies, it was built by real people doing real work.  SF was once a conservative stronghold in a conservative state and region.  It was these good people who let the real deplorables in, and let them live their lives as they wanted.  Once these ''Progressives'' reached critical mass, they began to run the place into the ground, and haven't let up. 

SF, CA, and the western US was once the greatest place in the world - which is why these dumb lazy Lib locusts moved here in the first place.

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on March 29, 2017, 09:52:08 PM
Evidently "those people" must have realized their Obamacare is going to be a hell of a lot better than the nothing they'll get from Ryan and his cronies.

Way to read the tea leaves:  you're answer is:  over the past eight years the voters voted the Ds out because they loved ObamaCare?

Kidnostad3

Evelyn Farkas--the name that Trump haters will learn to hate. 

https://youtu.be/Htow9Yy-lOA

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on March 29, 2017, 10:00:32 PM
"None of the above" did win this last election. Their non-votes came in at 90+million registered voters, far ahead of Hillary at 66 million, and Trump at 63 million. But don't tell Trump he came in 3rd after "none of the above" and Hillary. There will be no humility.

And that's different from past elections how?

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 29, 2017, 10:09:29 PM
Way to read the tea leaves:  you're answer is:  over the past eight years the voters voted the Ds out because they loved ObamaCare?

Have you forgotten how the Rs promised voters for 8 years they could do better?  They've shown their hand and been outed as liars and frauds.