• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Backhanded Compliment Thread

Started by Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost, September 29, 2016, 07:45:56 PM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: zeebo on September 30, 2016, 11:49:06 PM
Thanks good pal.  And may I say, your thread here is easily like 10% better than the all-time classic film Polynesiantown.

He should've never spent all that money on a crane shot.  ::)

Quote from: zeebo on September 30, 2016, 11:49:06 PM
Thanks good pal.  And may I say, your thread here is easily like 10% better than the all-time classic film Polynesiantown

I appreciate the faint praise! May the lady squirrels find your nuts more satisfying than they did last winter!

And I hate to admit it, but no matter how many times I hear Dr. John explain it, I still don't get the irony about the poisoned ribs that Vic keeps raving about right before he died.

https://youtu.be/SsVQI3D8rGc

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 01, 2016, 12:29:39 AM
Dusty was the best! Of course, not as hot as Lola but that voice! ;D

My biggest regret in life is not meeting Lola until it was too late for her to bear my children.

And speaking of bearing children, I'm pretty sure that Edith Prickley is Justin Trudeau's mother given the history between her and Pierre.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on October 01, 2016, 12:42:47 AM
My biggest regret in life is not meeting Lola until it was too late for her to bear my children.

And speaking of bearing children, I'm pretty sure that Edith Prickley is Justin Trudeau's mother given the history between her and Pierre.

Yeah, Lola was always offering that...but her hard living lifestyle may have made her sterile. Did Andrea Martin really date PT?

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 01, 2016, 12:46:46 AM
Did Andrea Martin really date PT?

Beats me, but Edith Prickley was PT's date for The People's Golden Global Choice Awards, so anything is possible. Hah!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on October 01, 2016, 01:06:39 AM
Beats me, but Edith Prickley was PT's date for The People's Golden Global Choice Awards, so anything is possible. Hah!

OK...forgot about that one. I guess I would qualify for a game of Half Wits.  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTDsJd1l7Aw

zeebo

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on October 01, 2016, 01:06:39 AM

I was always more of an Edna Boil fan, no offense to Tex.

Quote from: zeebo on October 01, 2016, 01:18:32 AM
I was always more of an Edna Boil fan, no offense to Tex.

Don't waste any sympathy on Tex. He was obviously a lazy, selfish, and woefully inept lover who was indifferent to the considerable repressed needs of someone as explosively passionate as Edna.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on October 01, 2016, 01:53:07 AM
Don't waste any sympathy on Tex. He was obviously a lazy, selfish, and woefully inept lover who was indifferent to the considerable repressed needs of someone as explosively passionate as Edna.

It was so cringey the time one of their commercials aired and they were obviously just fighting before it cuz when Edna asked Tex if that was right he said, "That's NOT right, Edna!" and then stormed off.  :o ;D

Since this has temporarily turned into the SCTV thread, fans of Dusty's may not know that she was based on a real life singer/comedian named Rusty Warren who performed risque, adults only shows in the fifties and sixties. Her catchphrase is "Knockers Up!" although at eighty-five, that might be easier said than done. Isn't that cute? Isn't that true?

http://www.rustywarren.com/

zeebo

Before I start reminiscing about Mrs. Falbo, I'll get back on topic.

I saw a movie awhile back that was unforgettable ... no matter how hard I tried.

whoozit

Let me thank you with my 2x4 of congratulations.

WildCard

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on September 29, 2016, 07:45:56 PM
Feel free to damn with faint praise when it's appropriate, too.

Here goes: "I don't say this to just anyone, baby. But you smell exactly like my grandma did when she and my latest new grandpa and uncle got back from Sturgis when I was eight."

"

Well, this is an interesting idea for a thread. You're so creative. It sure is different.

WildCard

"Well, bless your heart", - the backhanded neutron bomb. (Urban Dictionary is underrated.)

The rest of these seem pretty universal.
http://www.onecountry.com/southern-insults-101-things-your-mama-taught-you-1647755254.html

aldousburbank

You give much better head than your crazy mom and hot sister do.

Quote from: WildCard on October 01, 2016, 04:25:01 PM
Well, this is an interesting idea for a thread. You're so creative. It sure is different.

Ooh, that's a good one, and not surprising coming from someone with a Jim Ignatowski avatar. Your mother wears the best polished army boots I've ever seen.

"I see you're not one of those people who waste a lot of valuable time chewing their food."

"'At least you made an effort to get to the toilet in time."

Given the constant betrayal and dysfunction you two have experienced, most couples would have divorced by now.  Every time I see your wedding rings in the pawn shop window, I smile inwardly, knowing you will get them out of hock.  You are a beacon of denial to which others can only aspire.

"I've never seen a Freddy Mercury tattoo that captured his essence quite the way yours does."

"You don't have to 'splain anything. It speaks for itself."

I could tell right away that you're entirely self-taught.

That meal was almost as enjoyable as most of the traditional English breakfasts I've tried to eat.

You look really smart when you're using that touch screen.  It's like you are eerily part of The Borg collective - as if you and machine are one.

I'm impressed with your hive-mind capabilities.  Keep On Swipin'.

I was really into that, too. When I was eleven.