• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

RELIGION Thread

Started by theONE, October 25, 2016, 03:51:49 AM

theONE

Quote from: Catsmile on October 27, 2016, 05:40:09 PM
uhhh... yeah... you really got Carl on the ropes, cause he don't know what Cosmos is... hur dur.  ::)

Prove any part of those walls of text you churned out, that I didn't read.
No. It's not up to me to disprove your extraordinary claims.
The onus is always on the person who is making the claim to prove said claim.
Otherwise you are simply spinning a... Reassuring Fable.     

if he knew he would not made this so very common mistake -don't you think so ??

I always lough at people who claim that they didn't read someone's "wall of text" -yet they respond to a very particular point made in that "wall of text"
/quite funny actually/

I'm not asking anybody to disprove my extraordinary claims,..I'm asking evolutionist to prove their lunacy...hello'www ??

theONE

Quote from: albrecht on October 27, 2016, 05:50:41 PM
I'm not sure what George Norry's handle is on Bellgab these days but he should weigh in here on this thread. He is so uneducated and flexible with regard to religion and philosophy. It is comical how he will pander to guests and callers and claim very religious beliefs based on the guest/caller and his religious knowledge, even of things he claims to believe at that time, is remarkable- and often hilarious.

hahaha, George claims to be spiritual but no religious...

theONE

Quote from: theONE on October 27, 2016, 05:52:55 PM
if he knew he would not made this so very common mistake -don't you think so ??

I always lough at people who claim that they didn't read someone's "wall of text" -yet they respond to a very particular point made in that "wall of text"
/quite funny actually/

I'm not asking anybody to disprove my extraordinary claims,..I'm asking evolutionist to prove their lunacy...hello'www ??

My "extraordinary claims" can not be disproved,..so there is no need to spend time on it -unless person is insane-

theONE

hehehe,..just to rub it /jus a bit/ in your faces here is a very impressive list :) lol

1. "50 Nobel Laureates and Other Great Scientists Who Believe in God"
http://www.adherents.com/people/100_Nobel.html

2.  "25 Famous Scientists Who Believed in God"
http://www.famousscientists.org/25-famous-scientists-who-believed-in-god/

3. "Famous Scientists Who Believed in God"
http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/sciencefaith.html

...enjoy the facts ,evolutionists :)

albrecht

Quote from: theONE on October 27, 2016, 05:55:33 PM
hahaha, George claims to be spiritual but no religious...
Yes, the cop-out solution.

theONE

Quote from: albrecht on October 27, 2016, 06:28:45 PM
Yes, the cop-out solution.

Or maybe we just..don't get it , lol

luicfer6G6

Heaven sends me here to you
And if a-you fear you've reason to
Open up all seven seals
The beast is come to claim the youth

Casted down my brethren
Rebels from authority
Power, pride, contempt and lust
All these things I give to you

I am not your son of God
The prince of light will show no fear
Mine is that which rules this world
The beast is come, I am the end

:) :) :) :)

theONE

Quote from: lucifer bell on October 27, 2016, 07:10:48 PM

Open up all seven seals

Casted down my brethren
Rebels from authority

I am not your son of God

Well,wel,well...look who the cat dragged in here,.. is that The Antichrist himself ??, lol..Date Registered: lucifer bell October 25, 2016, 05:20:16 AM

[attachment deleted by admin]

theONE

Open up all seven seals

Casted down my brethren
Rebels from authority

I am not your son of God

That wouldn't be just by a plane coincidence that your post was number 66 , would it ??

lucifer bell
Re: RELIGION Thread
« Reply #66 on: Today at 08:10:48 PM »

hmmm, lol
Perhaps you are ready to confess all your sins Mr.bell  -or not yet ?? 
or will you be waiting till post number 666 becomes available :P

theONE

Open up all seven seals

Casted down my brethren
Rebels from authority

I am not your son of God

Art, Mr.bell, is that you you sinner ?? ..your avatar picture is very telling

"Art The Clown Returns in Creepy ‘Terrifier’ First Look!"
http://halloweendailynews.com/2016/07/art-clown-terrifier/
Art the Clown is back in our first look at the new All Hallows’ Eve spin-off Terrifier!

"TERRIFIER OFFICIAL TEASER (2015) ALL HALLOWS' EVE SPINOFF"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z-YhAL3RoY

theONE

"Exclusive: Christ's Burial Place Exposed for First Time in Centuries"
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/10/jesus-tomb-opened-church-holy-sepulchre/

Restorers working in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Israel uncover stone slab venerated as the resting place of Jesus Christ.

theONE

Open up all seven seals

Casted down my brethren
Rebels from authority

I am not your son of God

[attachment deleted by admin]

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 27, 2016, 02:27:22 PM
Intangible ideas like these are the single greatest force that shapes civilization, and it takes a bolder man than I to write them off just because this generation of grubby fact-finders can't get a grip on their antecedents.

The various modes of worship, which prevailed in the Roman world, were all considered by the people, as equally true; by the philosopher, as equally false; and by the magistrate, as equally useful.

It sounds like you had no trouble getting a grip on your antecedents with that post - the whole thing reeked of self-regard. And hand cream. I know Tocqueville found religion useful as a way of countering your nation's beastly tendency to ignore everyone else for their own swinish purposes, or that some of the greatest music and architecture came about because they happened to believe in sky fairies, but that doesn't make it true. All I am interested in is whether the belief in god happens to be correct or not, the rest is a side-issue. People can believe what they like, even the Leprechaun Fallacy (as I shall hereinafter call it) where Art's 'stalker' is concerned. Perhaps, if Bach were alive today, he could be working on the St. Heather Passion, but I rather doubt it.

Intangible ideas like religion might help to shape civilisation, but they also do much to destroy them, as happened with Islam stifling scientific enquiry after doing so much to preserve the work of Aristotle.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: theONE on October 27, 2016, 03:39:06 PM
*** "How the chemical elements that are part of all what you see around you, including your own body, -how those elements come into existence?

I don't have to answer that question. You have to prove the existence of a god. All you are doing is calling human ignorance 'god'. Until we discovered the germ theory of disease people were blaming illness on the will of God. In time we found out that wasn't true. In time, it's probable that we will find out the answer to your question. The idea of god gets smaller all the time as we find out more about the world, this is just another example. And you're not saying which god you believe in, all you are doing is talking about a creative, deistic type of god. Which one of the fruit salad of alternatives on offer do you believe in, and why?

Just because you can't itemise every single element of a theory doesn't invalidate the theory, it just means that there is more to learn. People who believe in God aren't interested in learning anything about the world and would be happy living in some windswept yurt all their lives, tending to a bunch of disgruntled yaks.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 28, 2016, 08:39:43 AM
The various modes of worship, which prevailed in the Roman world, were all considered by the people, as equally true; by the philosopher, as equally false; and by the magistrate, as equally useful.

It sounds like you had no trouble getting a grip on your antecedents with that post - the whole thing reeked of self-regard. And hand cream. I know Tocqueville found religion useful as a way of countering your nation's beastly tendency to ignore everyone else for their own swinish purposes, or that some of the greatest music and architecture came about because they happened to believe in sky fairies, but that doesn't make it true. All I am interested in is whether the belief in god happens to be correct or not, the rest is a side-issue. People can believe what they like, even the Leprechaun Fallacy (as I shall hereinafter call it) where Art's 'stalker' is concerned. Perhaps, if Bach were alive today, he could be working on the St. Heather Passion, but I rather doubt it.

Intangible ideas like religion might help to shape civilisation, but they also do much to destroy them, as happened with Islam stifling scientific enquiry after doing so much to preserve the work of Aristotle.

Hahaha the chance to cast you you as an uncouth peasant for once was irresistible.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 28, 2016, 09:09:59 AM
Hahaha the chance to cast you you as an uncouth peasant for once was irresistible.

Yeah? He's our uncouth peasant. But his observations are sound. Religion the opium of the masses; the modern versions simply an instrument to keep the proles in check; threatening them with eternal damnation if they step out of line. Wonderfully effective.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 28, 2016, 09:09:59 AM

I've got couth coming out me arse, innit!

K_Dubb

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 28, 2016, 09:15:13 AM
Yeah? He's our uncouth peasant. But his observations are sound. Religion the opium of the masses; the modern versions simply an instrument to keep the proles in check; threatening them with eternal damnation if they step out of line. Wonderfully effective.

You guys know that's basically a conspiracy theory, right?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 28, 2016, 09:26:55 AM
You guys know that's basically a conspiracy theory, right?

The Church Militant has always been more important than the Church Triumphant. In some ways it was useful because it broke up the monopoly of the aristocracy and promoted clever but poor boys into positions of power, but otherwise it's always been there to keep the masses in check with threats of eternal damnation.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 28, 2016, 09:37:55 AM
The Church Militant has always been more important than the Church Triumphant. In some ways it was useful because it broke up the monopoly of the aristocracy and promoted clever but poor boys into positions of power, but otherwise it's always been there to keep the masses in check with threats of eternal damnation.

Funny to hear that coming from an Englishman.  I would think you guys would have more appreciation for religion as a revolutionary force than we do.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 28, 2016, 09:44:18 AM
Funny to hear that coming from an Englishman.  I would think you guys would have more appreciation for religion as a revolutionary force than we do.

Appreciation or acknowlegement? Britain has had more than its fair share (distant and not so distant past) of conflict due to religious bigotry.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 28, 2016, 09:49:02 AM
Appreciation or acknowlegement? Britain has had more than its fair share (distant and not so distant past) of conflict due to religious bigotry.

To say religion exists primarily to "keep the masses in check" ignores its role in revolutionary movements of the past, particularly your own.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 28, 2016, 09:44:18 AM

I'm talking about established religion not the kind of Reformation stuff that Cromwell was about. Once Luther started the ball rolling all bets were off.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 28, 2016, 09:59:41 AM
I'm talking about established religion not the kind of Reformation stuff that Cromwell was about. Once Luther started the ball rolling all bets were off.

It must be wonderful to live in a place where the Middle Ages seem like yesterday.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 28, 2016, 09:56:51 AM
To say religion exists primarily to "keep the masses in check" ignores its role in revolutionary movements of the past, particularly your own.

It didn't really work, though; once Cromwell died it fell apart. The real revolution occurred in 1688, which was a peaceful transference of power known as the Glorious Revolution.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 28, 2016, 10:04:13 AM
It must be wonderful to live in a place where the Middle Ages seem like yesterday.

I live just up the road from of Henry VIII's palaces too.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 28, 2016, 10:05:33 AM
It didn't really work, though; once Cromwell died it fell apart. The real revolution occurred in 1688, which was a peaceful transference of power known as the Glorious Revolution.

...which was also motivated primarily by religious concerns.  On a side note, the little gentleman in the black velvet waistcoat always cracks me up.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 28, 2016, 10:04:13 AM

It can be: we have history that goes back further than 1776. You should come over and see for yourself.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 28, 2016, 10:10:46 AM
...which was also motivated primarily by religious concerns. 

Yes, but everything went back to religion until fairly recently, historically-speaking. It was in the air they breathed and they couldn't look at anything that wasn't inside that paradigm.