• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The GabCast (A podcast about BellGab)

Started by onan, October 22, 2013, 06:30:19 PM

Quote from: Gunner65 on October 19, 2019, 06:36:09 AM
Some dude in the Netherlands recently posted a comment to Dietrichs' latest shit-show on YT. It was written in German:

"Du bist ein Lügner und ein Idiot Dietrich und ich würde dir gerne in den Arsch treten!" -
(You are a liar and an idiot Dietrich and I would like to kick your ass!)

I used Google Translator to post this reply:

"Besuchen Sie uns unter https://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=10966.new#new, wo wir Douglas Dietrich entlarven und verspotten."

(Join us at https://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=10966.new#new where we expose and ridicule  Douglas Dietrich.)

Dietrich deleted both comments before I could get a screen-shot! ;D

Sounds like Albrecht got into the Tequila.   ;)

DanTSX

Quote from: Gunner65 on October 15, 2019, 07:01:59 PM
Or the definition of role of the 0351 within the USMC Infantry and Dietrichs' bullshit Saudi Arabia claims. Dietrich sounds like he smoked crack before he was interviewed by Fetzer!  Starting about 1:03:00 Dietrich starts his lie about being a US Marine in 1991.  I think I may also upload portions of this audio for the benefit of others. 

Again, I am disgusted by this interview.  Fetzer clearly allowed Dietrich to control the interview and present himself under false pretense.

At 1:06:00

Fetzer: "What was your position at that point"?
Dietrich: "Lance Corporal"
Fetzer" "I meant what was your MOS?"
Dietrich: "I was an anti-tank assaultman"

He got the medal of Modern Warfare 4.

Corona Kitty

Are you getting a new board or microphone mv?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: username on October 21, 2019, 06:55:47 PM
Are you getting a new board or microphone mv?

I think I need to replace the XLR jack in my mic, but otherwise I think it's fine. I do want a new mixer because my current mixer only has two aux sends (used to create mix minus), and only one of them is post fade, which is a problem for the way I prefer to route audio.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Liberace! on October 21, 2019, 07:46:51 PM
I think I need to replace the XLR jack in my mic, but otherwise I think it's fine. I do want a new mixer because my current mixer only has two aux sends (used to create mix minus), and only one of them is post fade, which is a problem for the way I prefer to route audio.

I see... That is actually what's going on with my current microphone. The 3 ring pins in the XLR input of the mic are loose, the signal seems to drop in and out sometimes audio will only be coming through one side. Yes, a mixer that has at least 3 auxes is always preferred, it seems like we are on a similar journey. I'm debating if I should get a new mic or a new mixer first, but I think I've decided. I'll be buying a condenser microphone next.

I've been able to use 2 digital mixers and did two shows with each, my conclusion was that it was overkill. The x32 was fun and made me feel like I was about to record a live concert. That's just a waste of cash however if I'm not going to be using it to record music. I'm not sure what your personal opinion is on "MACKIE", but they have just released a new mixer... the Mackie profx v3.... The Tascam model 16 seems also like a good choice.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: username on October 21, 2019, 08:45:48 PM

I see... That is actually what's going on with my current microphone. The 3 ring pins in the XLR input of the mic are loose, the signal seems to drop in and out sometimes audio will only be coming through one side.
If you're hearing audio dropping out of one side or the other in your headphones, it's not the mic because the mic, unless there's something special about yours that I'm not privy to, outputs only center channel audio. It's gonna be your mixer, 99 times out of 100. Possibly your mic processor if you have one, but that's probably being fed mono into the mixer which eliminates it as a source of the problem.

Yes, a mixer that has at least 3 auxes is always preferred
It just depends on your use case, really. If you aren't taking callers or bringing on a co-host, zero aux sends will do. But yeah, more is usually better, but post fade is key for broadcast purposes. You don't want your callers or co-host to continue hearing you after you've potted your mic down.

I'll be buying a condenser microphone next.
Consider one of the self builds on microphone-parts.com because you can build a mic yourself for about $200 that's on par with a $2200 Neumann U87ai. If you don't build your own condenser from that site or spend big bucks on something else, I'd get a dynamic mic instead. Most modern condenser mics are engineered to fool our ears by over emphasizing the high end, which leads the untrained listener to believe they're hearing "clear" sound when, in fact, it's a mess that becomes evident when you really compare that mic against something legit or look at a graph of its frequency response. The MXL 990 is a great example of the shit engineering in modern condenser mics coming out of China. Then again, they're squeezing a lot out of those mics for only $50 so it's hard to complain too loudly. I've attached a vocal recording that I engineered with an unmodified MXL 990 to show that you can, in fact, polish a turd (only the man's vocals... the woman was recorded somewhere in Europe using I don't know what).

I've been able to use 2 digital mixers and did two shows with each, my conclusion was that it was overkill.
Yeah, I'd use as little equipment as possible and definitely only one mixer. You'll have much better control over the final product people are hearing with one mixer (not to mention saving desktop real estate).

I'm not sure what your personal opinion is on "MACKIE", but they have just released a new mixer... the Mackie profx v3.... The Tascam model 16 seems also like a good choice.
I've never owned a Mackie, but every time I buy a Behringer mixer, I wish I'd bought a Mackie instead. Far more durable. I've seen Mackie mixers in use for 20 years without so much as a single bad cap on the internal PSU. No way anyone could say that about a Behringer. However, I'm in love with Behringer's USB audio interfaces. I own two of their UMC202HD units which cost $60 and I'd take those over a competing $150 Focusrite any day.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Liberace! on October 22, 2019, 10:36:47 PM
If you're hearing audio dropping out of one side or the other in your headphones, it's not the mic because the mic, unless there's something special about yours that I'm not privy to, outputs only center channel audio. It's gonna be your mixer, 99 times out of 100. Possibly your mic processor if you have one, but that's probably being fed mono into the mixer which eliminates it as a source of the problem.
It just depends on your use case, really. If you aren't taking callers or bringing on a co-host, zero aux sends will do. But yeah, more is usually better, but post fade is key for broadcast purposes. You don't want your callers or co-host to continue hearing you after you've potted your mic down.
Consider one of the self builds on microphone-parts.com because you can build a mic yourself for about $200 that's on par with a $2200 Neumann U87ai. If you don't build your own condenser from that site or spend big bucks on something else, I'd get a dynamic mic instead. Most modern condenser mics are engineered to fool our ears by over emphasizing the high end, which leads the untrained listener to believe they're hearing "clear" sound when, in fact, it's a mess that becomes evident when you really compare that mic against something legit or look at a graph of its frequency response. The MXL 990 is a great example of the shit engineering in modern condenser mics coming out of China. Then again, they're squeezing a lot out of those mics for only $50 so it's hard to complain too loudly. I've attached a vocal recording that I engineered with an unmodified MXL 990 to show that you can, in fact, polish a turd (only the man's vocals... the woman was recorded somewhere in Europe using I don't know what).
Yeah, I'd use as little equipment as possible and definitely only one mixer. You'll have much better control over the final product people are hearing with one mixer (not to mention saving desktop real estate).
I've never owned a Mackie, but every time I buy a Behringer mixer, I wish I'd bought a Mackie instead. Far more durable. I've seen Mackie mixers in use for 20 years without so much as a single bad cap on the internal PSU. No way anyone could say that about a Behringer. However, I'm in love with Behringer's USB audio interfaces. I own two of their UMC202HD units which cost $60 and I'd take those over a competing $150 Focusrite any day.

Damn, I was hoping it wasn't the mixer exactly. Nothing special about any of the gear I use, nothing moded. It's just your standard RE-27 I bought used.

QuoteIt just depends on your use case, really. If you aren't taking callers or bringing on a co-host, zero aux sends will do. But yeah, more is usually better, but post fade is key for broadcast purposes. You don't want your callers or co-host to continue hearing you after you've potted your mic down.

I need at least 3 auxes .... I also use an FX aux for my compressor/limiter... I rather use an insert however.

QuoteConsider one of the self builds on microphone-parts.com because you can build a mic yourself for about $200 that's on par with a $2200 Neumann U87ai. If you don't build your own condenser from that site or spend big bucks on something else, I'd get a dynamic mic instead. Most modern condenser mics are engineered to fool our ears by over emphasizing the high end, which leads the untrained listener to believe they're hearing "clear" sound when, in fact, it's a mess that becomes evident when you really compare that mic against something legit or look at a graph of its frequency response. The MXL 990 is a great example of the shit engineering in modern condenser mics coming out of China. Then again, they're squeezing a lot out of those mics for only $50 so it's hard to complain too loudly. I've attached a vocal recording that I engineered with an unmodified MXL 990 to show that you can, in fact, polish a turd (only the man's vocals... the woman was recorded somewhere in Europe using I don't know what).

My autism can only lead me through so many things, I don't think I have the patience to actually make my own Microphone. I've put many things together almost like Jesus Christ, however a microphone... Idk... I would need a lot of pills and weed to get me wired, No pun intended. My friend bought an MXL 990 while it does sound great there's a ton of self-noise. This is where my autism kicks in ......... I am looking for a few things in a microphone... even though my current microphone is not ideal for my preference. It doesn't sound clean it sounds slightly roughed up, I would rather get a AKG perception over the MXL 990... the vocal presence for speech is too chewed up. I am looking for a flat microphone with a presence boost, This is why I am focused on the TLM 103.

QuoteYeah, I'd use as little equipment as possible and definitely only one mixer. You'll have much better control over the final product people are hearing with one mixer (not to mention saving desktop real estate).

I used the rodecaster pro and the x32 I'd advise to stay away from both.

Quote've never owned a Mackie, but every time I buy a Behringer mixer, I wish I'd bought a Mackie instead. Far more durable. I've seen Mackie mixers in use for 20 years without so much as a single bad cap on the internal PSU. No way anyone could say that about a Behringer. However, I'm in love with Behringer's USB audio interfaces. I own two of their UMC202HD units which cost $60 and I'd take those over a competing $150 Focusrite any day.

I've been using an Allen n Heath mixer for a while and I absolutely love it, no complaints except I wish it had more aux sends. I was even thinking of just maybe even buying the bigger version of the zed series That I currently use.

However...... that Mackie.... it's much newer.... like 16 years newer with 24 bit recording, Maybe even better preamps but then again I prefer using external pre-amps. Which reminds me... I need to get that shit repaired already. I'm thinking of buying the Mackie .................. https://mackie.com/products/profxv3-professional-effects-mixers-usb

Dr. MD MD

Where has pate been lately? Has someone done a welfare cheque? pate, you there buddy? ???

pate

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 28, 2019, 10:53:31 PM
Where has pate been lately? Has someone done a welfare cheque? pate, you there buddy? ???

Sorry, been shoe perpetrating for the 19OCT2019 GabCast the past few weeks.  Have two things wroten (that's the same tense as the rarely used 'costed') down to tawk 'bout.  Bof won liners...

Doing fine, doc!  Trying to save some frumus umphen wine for the shoe...

Apogees for the absenteeism.

-p

whoozit

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 28, 2019, 10:53:31 PM
Has all of your howling at the Brits made you an Anglophile?  I’m doing a welfare check on you. ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: whoozit on October 29, 2019, 02:31:44 PM
Has all of your howling at the Brits made you an Anglophile?  I’m doing a welfare check on you. ;)
c

I wuz commune k8ing with p-anon in his native linguals, you cretin. ::)

MV/Liberace!

Anybody want to host a GabCast with me Saturday night?

albrecht

Quote from: Liberace! on October 29, 2019, 06:47:50 PM
Try to get SDM to co-host or as a call-in.

Norry is afraid and you, apparently, have some views on the so-called "justice system" in the country, especially with-regard to privatization. I tend to think SDM deserves his sentence but always have an open mind and he should, like anyone, shouldn't be abused (if allegations are true.) This is not a slight, I agree, to you. I even had an old professor (would be run out on a rail now) who claimed that slavery was better than the prison system post-war (in old days, to some extent now in different form) would lease prison labor out. But, unlike slave owners, no reason to feed or treat well. We also disregard how many were indentured servants and white slaves here and elsewhere, especially Muslim world back-when.  And how many are slaves now (mainly Asia and some parts of Africa.) 

Again HIGHLY controversial but economically, logically sound. You only beat a rented mule, etc and history of Rome etc with slaves also- some get freed, some even become citizens, etc. I recall someone, Foucault? who said that physical punishment better than imprisonment and for whatever reason our systems changed? Idk he is French so likely suspect.

Corona Kitty

I'd step up to the plate but I'm having a chat with Travis Walton, planning to upset him slightly.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: whoozit on October 29, 2019, 02:31:44 PM

BTW, yes, like president Trump I am an Anglophile and of British descent myself. I just think that they should join the rest of us in the 21st century now and lose their “symbolic” monarchy and all the negative baggage that goes along with that. Commonwealth countries, like Canada, should become independent republics.

DynamoHum

What time are you planning to start drinking/do the show?

aldousburbank

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 30, 2019, 12:43:11 PM
they should join the rest of us in the 21st century

Well, if you're not in California anyway. You people with your electricity and running water are so damn spoiled.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 30, 2019, 12:55:57 PM
Well, if you're not in California anyway. You people with your electricity and running water are so damn spoiled.

If you’ve followed my posts over the years you’d know that the source of our coastal mental disease comes from Great Britain. It’s their top export. ;)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: DynamoHum on October 30, 2019, 12:49:49 PM

Probably 10 or 11PM US Eastern Time. But that could change depending on the needs of the co-host or my work.

DynamoHum

Quote from: Liberace! on October 30, 2019, 02:14:55 PM
Probably 10 or 11PM US Eastern Time. But that could change depending on the needs of the co-host or my work.

Too late for me given how long the cast runs, but I will certainly try and make a point of calling in :)

pate

Quote from: DynamoHum on October 30, 2019, 12:49:49 PM

Odds are at 0300GMT 03OCT2019. (Possibly 0400GMT)

That's 10pm Eastern-7pm Pacific . (Possibly 11pm Eastern-8pm Pacific) for us 'muricans.

Farmer's Almanack predicts Daylight Savings Thyme will have no effect on the broadcast.

----

As a cheap nod to our Canadian listeners, I have acquired the CostCo store brand of Canadian Whiskey (1.75L) and a few 2L of Royal Crown Cola for some fake Crown & Cokes to enjoy during the broadcast (assuming I can make it home in thyme from my brother's 50th birfday bonfire the same evening). 

ObL!, while shopping for my adult beverage of choice for the evening I noticed a 1.75L of store brand of "Silver Tequila" for a very reasonable price...  My personal jeweler (not the internet one that made our #BIFF necklace medallions) likes Evan Williams bourbon whiskey, but told me that he finds the CostCo store brand of Bourbon to be quite acceptable.

I wonder what the status of the IRC live chatroom is?  I miss those...

-p

pate

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 30, 2019, 12:55:57 PM

I can't help you with running water, but I can send you some water that will give you the runs if you are desperate...

SredniVashtar

Quote from: pate on October 30, 2019, 02:28:54 PM
(assuming I can make it home in thyme from my brother's 50th birfday bonfire the same evening). 

That sounds an extreme way to mark your half-century, but if he's even a quarter as annoying as you it's probably justified. Any chance you could take his place on the pyre? I speak on behalf of the entire GabCast audience.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 30, 2019, 02:45:44 PM
That sounds an extreme way to mark your half-century, but if he's even a quarter as annoying as you it's probably justified. Any chance you could take his place on the pyre? I speak on behalf of the entire GabCast audience.

Nope, just the faggots. Carry on, pate.

pate

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 30, 2019, 02:45:44 PM

Hey ObL!, put me on the ready-reserve roster if nobody has the cajones to co-host with you.  I will abandon my brother's bi-centennial early so as not to disappoint my good friend from the other side of the pond!

TIA

-p

SredniVashtar

Quote from: pate on October 30, 2019, 03:23:34 PM
Hey ObL!, put me on the ready-reserve roster if nobody has the cajones to co-host with you.  I will abandon my brother's bi-centennial early so as not to disappoint my good friend from the other side of the pond!

TIA

-p

You'll probably have sucked up so much free booze at that party that your liver would have exploded by then anyway. We can only hope.

ItsOver

Quote from: pate on October 30, 2019, 02:28:54 PM
Odds are at 0300GMT 03OCT2019. (Possibly 0400GMT)

That's 10pm Eastern-7pm Pacific . (Possibly 11pm Eastern-8pm Pacific) for us 'muricans.

Farmer's Almanack predicts Daylight Savings Thyme will have no effect on the broadcast.

----

As a cheap nod to our Canadian listeners, I have acquired the CostCo store brand of Canadian Whiskey (1.75L) and a few 2L of Royal Crown Cola for some fake Crown & Cokes to enjoy during the broadcast (assuming I can make it home in thyme from my brother's 50th birfday bonfire the same evening). 

ObL!, while shopping for my adult beverage of choice for the evening I noticed a 1.75L of store brand of "Silver Tequila" for a very reasonable price...  My personal jeweler (not the internet one that made our #BIFF necklace medallions) likes Evan Williams bourbon whiskey, but told me that he finds the CostCo store brand of Bourbon to be quite acceptable.

I wonder what the status of the IRC live chatroom is?  I miss those...

-p
"...CostCo store brand of Bourbon to be quite acceptable."

Pappy Van Winkle, eat your heart out.

https://reallygoodwhisky.com/pappy-van-winkle-20-years-old-family-reserve-whiskey-75-cl/

pate

Quote from: ItsOver on October 30, 2019, 05:28:31 PM
"...CostCo store brand of Bourbon to be quite acceptable."

Pappy Van Winkle, eat your heart out.

https://reallygoodwhisky.com/pappy-van-winkle-20-years-old-family-reserve-whiskey-75-cl/

Someone needs to start a GoFundPate page for a bottle of that stuff.

I propose I drink it while co-hosting "A Very Special GabCast" where we discuss the reasons behind the legendary "haitus".  Maybe get Diet-rite to call in?

I am going to hell for this post, apogees.

-p

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: pate on October 30, 2019, 06:40:03 PM

I propose I drink it while co-hosting "A Very Special GabCast" where we discuss the reasons behind the legendary "haitus".  Maybe get Diet-rite to call in?

-p

ItsOver

Quote from: pate on October 30, 2019, 06:40:03 PM

-p
I haven't seen this wench blubbering in awhile, maybe she can help out with an ad or two for a "Buy a Pappy for Pate" fund.

"Please, please, as Liberace is our savior, can you see it in your liver, to free up a few sheckles for the blessed "Pappy for Pate" fund?  Without our efforts, Pate will never experience the pleasure of Pappy in his mouth!"

Maybe she can set up a booth at the BellGab Sardine Fest.