• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Breakng news. Not good.

Started by Yorkshire pud, June 12, 2016, 01:49:29 AM

Lilith

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 12, 2016, 09:06:40 AM
At the risk of sounding like a neocon..

Have you noticed Europe and Asia/Pacific have been fairly stable since WWII?  (Mao in China, Kim in N Korea, and Stalin seizing Eastern Europe were extensions of that war).  When has that ever been the case in the history of those parts of the world?  Are you aware of the NATO and US troops based in Europe and US bases in Japan, Korea, and formerly in the Philippines? 

Now that the US is gone from the bases in the Philippines, are you following what is China now doing in that part of the Pacific militarily?

In short, I'd say the answer to your question is yes

I really do understand your feelings about it, but I don't think "The Biggest Bully Wins" scenario, leads to stability.  There will always be a bigger bully developing itself right around the corner.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: mikuthing01 on June 12, 2016, 09:08:28 AM
Typical lefttard can only respond with personal attacks... enjoy the jihad

I've never seen you write anything that's even been remotely interesting, so consider my withers unwrung, darling.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 12, 2016, 09:06:40 AM
At the risk of sounding like a neocon..

I don't get it.  I'd think this would be a kumbaya moment for you and the Islamic terrorists.  I mean, "God Hates Fags," isn't that what you guys wave around at funerals? 

Seems like you SHOULD be saying, "Yeah, we need to solve this terrorist problem soon...just not TOO soon."

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 12, 2016, 09:10:18 AM
Look, the problem with this whole idea of yours is that you are talking about a system of beliefs, not just a discrete group that can be expunged and your problem solved. That's why getting rid of one bunch of bad guys only leads to another  group of possibly even worse ones down the pike, who have been galvanised even more by what they see and hear in the media. Simply saying 'this is why we wiped out an entire town' just doesn't cut it, however logical your motives are. Islam is a fact, and it's not going away. That doesn't mean playing footsie, but it means appreciating the situation for what it is and not jumping in like the Wild Bunch just because it feels right. Soft power rather than hard, in other words. And when we use the hard stuff, make sure it counts where it's needed. It seems every time we get one of those terrorist attacks we respond like it's a reflex action, and there's no evidence to support the belief that it does any good.

Yes, cause and effect... these terrible acts and equally terrible reactions reek of it.  Unfortunately it seems that "Wild Bunch" is the only play in our playbook. 

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 12, 2016, 08:30:29 AM
Have a look into it before you jump to a conclusion. You don't need a large group of people to wreak havoc, that's one of the governing rules of terrorism, you just need to be organised, and these guys are certainly organised. The big problem is that by alienating an entire religion then you lose the people you need on your side, who find themselves drifting into quasi-sympathy for the terrorists because they feel their whole belief system is under threat. That's one of the most dangerous things about all of this, that we get things out of proportion. You can't eliminate an entire religion, most of whose followers are law-abiding, and as long as they keep within the laws it's probably not a  good idea to alienate them. That's pure common sense, and not some sort of liberal agenda to be sympathetic towards terrorism.

Let's not forget that this cuts both ways.  The dominating image many people in the region have of American people is the soldier who ran a tank over their taxi for some petty infraction, eliminating the sole source of income for an entire family; or a faceless drone shooting up a wedding -- the wrong wedding; or George W. Chimp on TV.  The is undoubtedly a clone of this thread underway somewhere in the world talking about Western Extremism and that extermination is the only solution.  The Man on the Street in Bugtussle, Arkansas and in Donkeypunch, Iraq share many fundamental ideals in common.  And that's the way it is for the vast majority on both sides, images not withstanding.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 12, 2016, 08:56:25 AM
... Let's not forget that Obama has been dining out ever since on the fact that he was the guy who finally capped Bin Laden. Why wouldn't he carry it on and win immortal fame as the man who finally put those ragheads in their place? I don't think we can put it at the feet of some sort of vestigial liberal sympathies, because I think most people see that he  has pretty much carried on the war where Bush left off, in one form or another. He's not there figuring this all out on his own, so I'd assume that his generals advised  him against these ideas of yours. If you want to blame the leader, you must also blame the people surrounding him, who are all long-time members of the military who presumably have rather more idea of these things than you or me, with any luck.

Actually, he didn't 'cap' bin Laden.  The US Seals did.

As far as giving the order, the US had OBL in their sights twice earlier and dipshit gave the order to stand down.  The night he was finally killed, dipshit went to bed and the order was given either by Biden or SecState Hilary Clinton, probably a joint decision by everyone remaining in the room.

Dipshit has ignored his generals every step of the way.  He's replaced our best and most experienced senior military leadership because they kept giving him advice he didn't care for.  He's hardly carried on the war after Bush left - it was mostly over when Bush left office, Iraq was fairly stabilized until dipshit's policies allowed things to spiral out of control.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 12, 2016, 08:36:06 AM

I'm not convinced prayers have any more use than bubble gum.

We're so lucky that God is on the side of the Christians in this thing.  Imagine how fucked we would be otherwise.

Quote from: mikuthing01 on June 12, 2016, 09:11:46 AM
Ft Hood Shooter: Reg­istered Democrat and Muslim.

Columbine Shooters: Too young to vote … both families were Registered Democrats and progressive liberals.

Virginia Tech shooter: Wrote hate mail to President Bush and to his staff. Registered Democrat.

Colorado theater shooter: Registered Democrat, staff worker on the Obama campaign, occu­py wall street participant .. progressive liberal.

Connecticut school shooter: Registered Democrat. Hated Christians.

Jared Lee Loughner Gabby Gifford's shooter: Registered Democrat

So your answer is no, political affiliations of the non-Muslim shooters not relevant?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: mikuthing01 on June 12, 2016, 09:11:46 AM
Ft Hood Shooter: Reg­istered Democrat and Muslim.

Columbine Shooters: Too young to vote … both families were Registered Democrats and progressive liberals.

Virginia Tech shooter: Wrote hate mail to President Bush and to his staff. Registered Democrat.

Colorado theater shooter: Registered Democrat, staff worker on the Obama campaign, occu­py wall street participant .. progressive liberal.

Connecticut school shooter: Registered Democrat. Hated Christians.

Jared Lee Loughner Gabby Gifford's shooter: Registered Democrat

That's six over several decades; what about the others? There were 372 just last year.

According to the Mass Shooting Tracker, the US last year suffered 372 mass shootings, defined as a single incident that kills or injures four or more people. Some 475 people were killed and 1,870 wounded.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 12, 2016, 09:25:20 AM
As far as giving the order, the US had OBL in their sights twice earlier and dipshit gave the order to stand down.  The night he was finally killed, dipshit went to bed and the order was given either by Biden or SecState Hilary Clinton, probably a joint decision by everyone remaining in the room.

Gee they did an AMAZING job photoshopping Obama into this photo:

Don't you ever get tired of needlessly foaming at the mouth?

Quote from: brig on June 12, 2016, 09:13:25 AM
I really do understand your feelings about it, but I don't think "The Biggest Bully Wins" scenario, leads to stability.  There will always be a bigger bully developing itself right around the corner.

I can accept history shows you to be wrong.  The ability to defend discourages attack, either walking down the street at night, or in a dangerous world. 

Isis didn't start up and go on the attack until after the troops left, kinda hard to miss that..

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 12, 2016, 08:42:40 AM
To suggest someone criticizing current policy and offering something else is 'playing armchair general', what do you propose, we drop all this and start following the Kardashians?  What did you think of Vicky Beckam's outfit the other night, isn't she a delight?

Nicely put.  I guess it's true, a broken clock is right twice a day.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 12, 2016, 09:25:20 AM
Actually, he didn't 'cap' bin Laden.  The US Seals did.

Dipshit has ignored his generals every step of the way.  He's replaced our best and most experienced senior military leadership because they kept giving him advice he didn't care for.  He's hardly carried on the war after Bush left - it was mostly over when Bush left office, and Iraq was fairly stabilized until dipshit's policies allowed things to spiral out of control.

I don't think you really needed to correct me in that first line, you know what I meant and you're being argumentative for the sake of it now.

Sometimes you need to replace generals or take an informed decision about their advice, otherwise we'd get people like Curtis LeMay running rampant. Guard dogs are very useful, as long as they are kept under control. What may be a good idea strategically may not be the same thing politically. We aren't party to all these decisions. For one course of action there may well be good reasons for reconsidering. I don't simply condemn someone for not taking one route just because I - with a lack of accurate information - consider it to be the right one.

I don't know why I am coming across as an Obama defender today, but at least he is there taking decisions and accepting the blame, rather than just booing from the gallery.

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on June 12, 2016, 09:34:58 AM
Gee they did an AMAZING job photoshopping Obama into this photo...

Yes, he was there until he went to bed. 

If I recall correctly, he had a plane to catch the next morning to go make a speech and collect campaign funds.  Dipshit has priorities.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 12, 2016, 09:39:21 AM
I don't think you really needed to correct me in that first line, you know what I meant and you're being argumentative for the sake of it now...

Fair enough, I take it back

mikuthing01

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 12, 2016, 09:32:07 AM
That's six over several decades; what about the others? There were 372 just last year.

Well they dont vote Republican, not enough Gibsmedat's

http://heyjackass.com/

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on June 12, 2016, 09:37:33 AM
Nicely put.  I guess it's true, a broken clock is right twice a day.

So I have one more coming today?

Lilith

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 12, 2016, 09:37:21 AM
I can accept history shows you to be wrong.  The ability to defend discourages attack, either walking down the street at night, or in a dangerous world. 

Isis didn't start up and go on the attack until after the troops left, kinda hard to miss that..

Well, if foreign troops were in my country, I might react after they left too.  Not defending it, just saying troops don't create stability.  I agree with you about having the ability to defend yourself tho.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: mikuthing01 on June 12, 2016, 09:44:41 AM
Well they dont vote Republican, not enough Gibsmedat's

http://heyjackass.com/

I'm going with SV; you are a fool.

albrecht

I'm thinking maybe that old guy Dr. Wouton Basson might have some good ideas. As evil as they seemed back then. But at a minimum stop the importation of these crazy Muslims and monitor, if not kicked out, the ones already here as they breed criminals and terrorists. Also, I wonder how conflicted Obama is today. Mass shootings? Good for agenda. But dead GBLTSQs? Bad for agenda and for personal reasons. Shooter being Muslim? Bad for agenda and for personal reasons.
ps: we also shouldn't be promoting media coverage for "best" and "biggest" shooting. Because the crazies and the Muslims will simply try to best each other.

VtaGeezer

The good news:  There are long lines of blood donors at Orlando hospitals
The bad news:  Orlando shooting victims will be charged $300/pint for it.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 12, 2016, 09:48:07 AM
So I have one more coming today?

For a man of action, riding tall in the saddle against those fuckin sand niggers, you surely lack ambition regarding the quality of your posts.  Go for two more.  Three, even.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on June 12, 2016, 09:53:26 AM
The good news:  There are long lines of blood donors at Orlando hospitals
The bad news:  Orlando shooting victims will be charged $300/pint for it.

Thank God for Obamacare.

Quote from: brig on June 12, 2016, 09:49:44 AM
Well, if foreign troops were in my country, I might react after they left too.  Not defending it, just saying troops don't create stability.  I agree with you about having the ability to defend yourself tho.

I spent some time in Korea, and I can tell you that the American troops there are positively reviled by anyone who has regular contact with them.  And they're an ally.  We're not an occupying force over there.

Quote from: albrecht on June 12, 2016, 09:53:01 AM
the ones already here as they breed criminals and terrorists.

Well, they didn't whelp you, presumably, so they can't be all bad.

chefist

Sen. Nelson confirms connection of event with ISIS.

Quote from: mikuthing01 on June 12, 2016, 08:50:53 AM
This terrorist just handed Trump the election

If our reactions are that predictable, then we have no chance of beating terrorism.