• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Linda Moulton Howe

Started by puddintame, December 18, 2008, 01:10:06 AM

3OctaveFart

Linda was a looker in her day and I'm sure that's not lost on an old perv like Jorch.

Quote from: CornyCrow on March 27, 2015, 07:10:43 AM
Yes, yes, yes.  I was thinking robotic, as well.  And the slow and deliberate pronunciation of each word, very carefully, the way a child would.
Whenever she's on I don't listen.  She is inclined to long descriptive sentences that just drone on.  The speech pattern seems to evoke, in my mind, that of a person that has been in some sort of mental trauma. 
There is usually a sort of flow to words strung together that evades her. 

Thank you for your astute critique on Ms.Howe's speech.  I just cannot listen to her.

She's smart and a good reporter, but yeah the droning voice is a letdown.  It's only because Noory doesn't contribute much and she has to carry the show.  I don't remember her sounding that way in her appearances with Art back in the day, he knows how to get the best out of her.  The Dark Matter show they did was really good and Art kept her engaged and conversational.

Morgus

Quote from: 3OctaveFart on March 27, 2015, 01:06:06 PM
Linda was a looker in her day and I'm sure that's not lost on an old perv like Jorch.

Linda Howe was Miss Idaho in the Miss America pageant in the early 1960s:

wr250

Quote from: Northern Nights on March 27, 2015, 09:02:07 PM
She's smart and a good reporter, but yeah the droning voice is a letdown.  It's only because Noory doesn't contribute much and she has to carry the show.  I don't remember her sounding that way in her appearances with Art back in the day, he knows how to get the best out of her.  The Dark Matter show they did was really good and Art kept her engaged and conversational.

id far rather have LMH droning on than jorchs asking questions that were answered already, or a random "do yo think it was a portal/demon/angel/mean baby ?"  or some other jorchism.

albrecht

Quote from: Morgus on March 28, 2015, 12:12:52 AM
Linda Howe was Miss Idaho in the Miss America pageant in the early 1960s:

I like LMH, and hearing her with Art and on other shows she sounds better. Still a little droning but that could be the beauty queen training (not wanting to get an answer "wrong", over-preperation for those tough questions, etc) and due to recorded interviews (wanting to make sure she asks all the questions before the interviewee googles and says "C2C with Norry? I'm cutting this off quick!") but, more likely, when on with Norry I sense, almost, like a victim nervousness. Almost as if there has been some previous incident and she is uncomfortable. Almost trembling and hesitant. Like a beaten child or abused wife talking to others in the presence of her abuser, desperately trying to signal people about her condition but not wanting the abuser to recognize it.
-GNS
(and Titor told me that Dexter Monterrey also sucks some centuries from now)

She might be getting paid to do her monthly show, I'm sure Dave is no peach to deal with, especially when he plays nothing but love songs while she's on. Maybe she's afraid of losing the C2C money but hates dealing with Dave?

That's my rampant speculation.

Juan

The previous incident that seemed to change their relationship was the April 1st show where George told her on-air that they would no longer need her services.  That's right, sNoory thought it would be a funny April Fool joke to fire her on air.  She was audibly shaken and has never seemed comfortable with him since.  She handled it more professionally than I would.  Tommy would have had to sit his fat ass on the bleep button if it had been me.

paladin1991

Quote from: CornyCrow on March 27, 2015, 07:10:43 AM
Yes, yes, yes.  I was thinking robotic, as well.  And the slow and deliberate pronunciation of each word, very carefully, the way a child would.
Whenever she's on I don't listen.  She is inclined to long descriptive sentences that just drone on.  The speech pattern seems to evoke, in my mind, that of a person that has been in some sort of mental trauma. 
There is usually a sort of flow to words strung together that evades her. 

Thank you for your astute critique on Ms.Howe's speech.  I just cannot listen to her.
Hmmm-k. Let me just throw this out there.  Isn't that the same speech pattern that the MIB are supposed to use when intimidating humans?

Rico999

The reason LMH has the space on Coast is because she's one of the few regular guests who's credible.  Simple as that.  She's a real reporter.  She's smart, obviously works hard, checks her facts, does her research and interviews the people who've been there.   She covers all the details and then lets the facts take her to where they will.   Clearly, she's covered some stories that the mainstream media won't touch and the conclusions she's come to -- based on the evidence -- are startling.   

After 20 years or so, I'm used to her voice and it doesn't bother me at all.  I listen to the content of her reports and I'm never disappointed.   Her website is excellent and thorough as you would expect from a reporter of her caliber.

Regarding her relationship with the program, it's obviously a two-way street.  Coast has a large enough audience so that she can publicize her work and make a living.   Noory's ratings are probably better with than with most guests.   And he gets to take the night off because he knows he's not smart enough to ask her any questions (because he's probably not even listening).

Quote from: Rico999 on March 31, 2015, 11:37:51 PM
The reason LMH has the space on Coast is because she's one of the few regular guests who's credible.

I thought so too but after seeing "Mirage men" I think she's been staring into the abyss a bit too long

SredniVashtar

I agree, she has a kind of spurious journalistic credibility (all that 'quote...end quote' stuff), but I don't think her conclusions are any more reliable than anyone else's. She did get notoriously played by Rick Doty some years ago, a well-known government disinfo agent, and I think she is another of those people who passionately wants to believe in what she is finding, but isn't all that worried about checking too hard to find out whether it is accurate or not. It's been a while since I have heard her do anything, but it was usually a case of 'over to you, Linda' while George got on with picking the fluff out of his navel for half an hour. She is another one of those people, like Hoagland, who needs a strong figure to keep her on point, and stop straying into areas that nobody cares about. Left to her own devices she can be fearfully dull. There is only so much you can hear about cattle mutilations.

astroguy

Don't forget what happened with the Chualar Barley Field Crop Circle and how her own desires for it to be real completely screwed her in the end.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: astroguy on April 01, 2015, 04:07:29 PM
Don't forget what happened with the Chualar Barley Field Crop Circle and how her own desires for it to be real completely screwed her in the end.

Very interesting. I had no idea about this before but it sounds characteristic. Crop circles have to be one of the duller areas of the paranormal because you end up going round and round in...  Well, anyway, it is all a bit samey after a while and nobody ever has anything else to add other than increasing wild speculations. Occam's Razor is, as always, indispensable here. As if aliens are really going to waste their time sodding about in a field in the middle of nowhere for the amusement of a few yokels.

Rico999

Points taken.  The crop circle thing is pretty much the result of human activity and I think that's well known.   Now if there's stronger evidence to the contrary, that needs to come forth for public scrutiny.  I think it's important to be open minded in any case.

Howe's work in cattle mutilations has been very strong and in other areas of her reporting, she seems to be able to get in touch with the hard science people in universities, in government, in the private sector.  If you pay close attention, in her interviews with these experts, she asks very good questions which show that she does her homework.   In other words, her technical expertise is very strong.  She probably would have been a good trial lawyer.

I think she's basically a damn good, very professional reporter. 

Further, I've found her to be very responsive to email correspondence.  If any of you have something that needs to come to her attention or you have questions about her methodology as it relates to her credibility, don't hesitate to get in touch with her.  She'll respond, no question about it.

BattyBrooke

Pretty excited Linda will be on this Thursday on C2C. Hey, I gotta get what I can until Art has her back on his new show!

Morgus

Art used to have Linda Howe on every week for an hour of reports on his Sunday night Dreamland show.
I hope he can have her on as a regular again at least once a month.

albrecht

Quote from: Morgus on April 24, 2015, 11:40:02 PM
Art used to have Linda Howe on every week for an hour of reports on his Sunday night Dreamland show.
I hope he can have her on as a regular again at least once a month.
Same here, I like her and a link to the past but still getting good interviews. I also wouldn't mind periodic reports by Davenport also (even if they are all "very interesting" reports.)

Morgus

I saw Linda Howe was on tonight on the new episode of Ancient Aliens on the History Channel.
Unfortunately Noory's head appeared too, talking about stuff like he was an expert, but in reality apparently just echoing what he heard from some of his past guests, not his own direct research unlike Linda.

albrecht

Why no LMH this month? Conflict with the "big event" Contact in the Desert? If Norry is there why at least have her on with another host or if both are there than have her on via remote (or cassette tape recorder?) The "booms" and "trumpet" noises are even making mainstream news, albeit in puff pieces but still?

Morgus

Quote from: albrecht on May 24, 2015, 08:26:13 PM
Why no LMH this month? Conflict with the "big event" Contact in the Desert? If Norry is there why at least have her on with another host or if both are there than have her on via remote (or cassette tape recorder?) The "booms" and "trumpet" noises are even making mainstream news, albeit in puff pieces but still?

Linda is at Contact in the Desert this week and was on vacation last week

zeebo

Quote from: Morgus on May 24, 2015, 11:49:40 PM

And since she's missing c2c w/ Noory she put "Lady in Red" on her ipod.

Morgus

Linda Howe was on a special Dreamland with Whitley Streiber this past week - check it out.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Morgus on May 24, 2015, 11:49:40 PM

Memorial Day came early this year. Next Thursday is the last Thursday of the month, so expect  LMH and her "mootilation"*  stories then.

*Thanks Knapp

Juan Cena

Quote from: zeebo on May 25, 2015, 12:05:36 AM
And since she's missing c2c w/ Noory she put "Lady in Red" on her ipod.

Dave owns a Zune, but is thinking of getting a Pono.

Morgus

Quote from: Juan Cena on May 25, 2015, 12:29:04 AM
Memorial Day came early this year. Next Thursday is the last Thursday of the month, so expect  LMH and her "mootilation"*  stories then.
Nope, the c2c schedule for next week is up and Major Ed Dames is the guest this coming Thursday (last one for May)

nextgen.fm

She can take me up into the Andes mountains anytime

No bjorch u can't come !

Morgus

Linda Howe's new report this week at her website:

Kodachrome Slide Controversy â€" “Alien Body” Does Not Match Entity Once Displayed in Closed Million Dollar Museum, White's City, NM
https://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?ID=2315&category=Environment

“The German Press recently investigated a report by a German
tourist (1990s?) that this body might be from an alien planet.”
- Placard description about 12-inch-long "alien body" displayed
in Million Dollar Museum, White's City, NM, 1990s-2008

Quote from: Morgus on May 25, 2015, 12:25:27 AM
Linda Howe was on a special Dreamland with Whitley Streiber this past week - check it out.

Here's the link: http://www.unknowncountry.com/dreamland/latest

Hoax or not?

Hank

The Roswell slides did quickly sound like a load of crap, but I was very excited after hearing Linda on Dreamland. I figured the whole deal would just be brushed aside as nonsense, but I'm thankful that a new angle has been exposed.

Morgus

Yep Linda Howe's investigation turned up new interesting things such as the CIA being behind funding of the early 1950s scifi movie "The Day the Earth Stood Still" to test the public's reaction to ETs coming to earth.
Linda believes the CIA or some other agency could have also put small dead alien bodies in small museums in the southwest in the late 1940s, early 1950s where they might have been labeled only as a child mummy, again to test public reaction...