• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Morgus

Quote from: b_dubb on January 14, 2012, 06:45:13 AM
i think that was a way for Art to generate interest in the tv he was trying to unload
thats correct. Art just does that with drama to attract attention for his family updates...  8)

MV/Liberace!

anyone know if he sold that shit?  lol, he was asking waaaay too much money.  i'm sure some douche bought it at his named price just because of who owned it.

b_dubb

the tv included a crate of pizza punch

Morgus

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on January 14, 2012, 06:13:12 PM
anyone know if he sold that shit?  lol, he was asking waaaay too much money.  i'm sure some douche bought it at his named price just because of who owned it.
yes indeed, it was reported Bell sold that old plasma TV and other junk for high prices.
now he has even more junk to get rid of after the recent fire extingusher accident.
he can probably sell even the non-working junk at good prices just because it used to be owned by Bell.
then Art can buy all new ham radio equipment and the latest model big screen HDTV.
somebody probably is collecting their own Art Bell museum of collectables?  8)

Zenof

Lets do a good old fashioned Art Bell mind experiment... Lets collaborate on a time to do this to get rid of N and bring back Bell :)
If Art even wants to come back at this point. I wonder how his back is doing...

Lester

I do not see Mr. Art Bell returning to C2C.  Art sold out and it is obvious that he had an agreement to stay around for awhile and host a few shows. 

Once he met his contractual obligation he was out of there. 

I have been in the same situation as Mr. Bell and the last thing I wanted to do was participate in any corporation I sold.  I sold out because I wanted to get out.

What I notice is that C2C has been shifted to a midnight slot in the Las Vegas market.  And as of 2012 KKOH in Reno no longer carries C2C.  Who in the world would carry Noory?

Ian quit C2C but kept his day job at the Ian & Margery Punnett, FM107 Morning Show in Minneapolis.  Ian’s hearing gets better when he is away from Coast.

JBW has been a disaster.  He has no program outline before interviewing a guest… and the conversation rambles on and goes from bad to worse.  His deep voice gets more and more annoying as he is not up to the task.  I can see now why his location is “undisclosed”.

In contrast, Knapp does a great job and he only gets better.

Cheap Noory has destroyed Coast and it will never ever recover.

Boo Noory,

LESTER

ourobouros2k2

Quote from: Morgus on January 14, 2012, 07:38:07 PM
yes indeed, it was reported Bell sold that old plasma TV and other junk for high prices.
now he has even more junk to get rid of after the recent fire extingusher accident.
he can probably sell even the non-working junk at good prices just because it used to be owned by Bell.
then Art can buy all new ham radio equipment and the latest model big screen HDTV.
somebody probably is collecting their own Art Bell museum of collectables?  8)

I do wonder how fort rock is enjoying high def in 1080i on his "new" vintage plasma tv, lol. Him and Carville sitting there watching star trek reruns...

Art spoke on Facebook today.. He is against SOPA. Wish he was on the tonight..

Quote from: HorrorReporter on January 18, 2012, 02:40:18 PM
meant wish he was
ON THE SHOW tonight

jazmunda

Quote from: HorrorReporter on January 18, 2012, 02:40:18 PM

I wish someone would censor sNoory.

lasertron

Has anyone mused about a conspiracy between premrat and the government to sunset art over 10 years and end the whistleblower/conspiracy/area 51 calls?

HmmmmMmmMmMMMmmmmmm?!?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.669562,-112.217053

Lester

I’m tired of whining about Mr. George Noory hosting C2C and whining even more about the fact that Art Bell hasn’t returned somewhere someplace to continue broadcasting.

The John Batchelor Show is replacing C2C in many markets and I can see why.  I find Batchelor fascinating.

Here is an example of his show on Monday, January 23, 2011:

http://goo.gl/8icNt

Batchelor offers a huge variety of programming that challenges my intellect like Bell did. 

I suggest you give him a listen.

Until AB returns I’m moving to the next level because I find this (new) AM radio show a replacement,

LESTER

analog kid

^^ It's a political show? Uhg.

Silent

Quote from: analog kid on January 24, 2012, 10:11:26 PM
^^ It's a political show? Uhg.

There was talk about Bachelor's show somewhere else in these forums which was positive enough for me to give it a try and I really like it.  But, yes, some of it is political and that part does suck.  The non-political discussions however are great.  From what I've seen, the shows are separated into four parts, like CTC, and topics will change only at those breaks.  This makes it easy to sort through the political garbage.

Plus he sounds like Artie Ziff from The Simpsons so that's fun.

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Lester on January 24, 2012, 09:24:05 PM
I’m tired of whining about Mr. George Noory hosting C2C and whining even more about the fact that Art Bell hasn’t returned somewhere someplace to continue broadcasting.

But it's what we do.   ;D

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Silent on January 24, 2012, 11:08:01 PM
Plus he sounds like Artie Ziff from The Simpsons so that's fun.

lol

Archivist1947

Just found this:
http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?327086-From-Art-Bell-W6OBB&s=7836fdce346797c042896cc54d27592c

I am not sure has this been posted previously. Well, he wrote it pretty explicitly there - he retired :(

McPhallus

Perhaps this will finally end all the speculation.  Show's over, folks!  Time to enjoy the memories.

Quote from: Archivist1947 on February 01, 2012, 02:37:44 PM
Just found this:
http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?327086-From-Art-Bell-W6OBB&s=7836fdce346797c042896cc54d27592c

I am not sure has this been posted previously. Well, he wrote it pretty explicitly there - he retired :(

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Archivist1947 on February 01, 2012, 02:37:44 PM
Just found this:

Good find. Don't think the Panglosses will change their outlook however. But it confirms what's been fairly obvious. Pretty amusing how he's issued "big announcements" on Facebook...yet this development seemed to slip his mind.

jazmunda

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on February 01, 2012, 04:41:17 PM
         Good find. Don't think the Panglosses will change their outlook however. But it confirms what's been fairly obvious. Pretty amusing how he's issued "big announcements" on Facebook...yet this development seemed to slip his mind.

Interesting. This seems pretty conclusive. I believe there may have been something in the pipeline with all of Art's "stay tuned" messages but his silence (Facebook) of late speaks volumes and perhaps his "deal" fell through.

In any event, I think we can finally put this thread to rest. It was fun while it lasted but off late it has been dying a slow and painful death. Best to put it out of it's misery and put it down.

Click, click, BOOM.

BobGrau

Quote from: jazmunda on February 01, 2012, 05:47:35 PM
Interesting. This seems pretty conclusive. I believe there may have been something in the pipeline with all of Art's "stay tuned" messages but his silence (Facebook) of late speaks volumes and perhaps his "deal" fell through.

In any event, I think we can finally put this thread to rest. It was fun while it lasted but off late it has been dying a slow and painful death. Best to put it out of it's misery and put it down.

Click, click, BOOM.

Maybe noory could put us all on his friday prayer list?

BobGrau

OK Mr Art Bell, how about this: We here at CoastGab miss you on the radio but obviously try to respect your decision to retire. But if you're still into ham presumably you still like to chat, and I'd like to rather presumptiously invite you on CoastGab's behalf to join this forum under your own name. Your old audience misses you, and we can't all eavesdrop on your ham chats.
(I'd imagine there must be ways to confirm it's the real Art and not one of the many 'complex' people one finds on the internet)

We'll try to resist tricking you into admitting noory sucks, of course.

PS I'm a little drunk right now.

Avi

Quote from: BobGrau on February 01, 2012, 06:12:32 PM
Maybe noory could put us all on his friday prayer list?

Ha! Ha! BobGrau funny.

Quote from: BobGrau on February 01, 2012, 06:28:05 PM
PS I'm a little drunk right now.

You know, BobGrau, your substance abuse is starting to worry me. First, the acid, then "a few lines" with a friend, and now, you're a little drunk. I think an intervention is in order. People shouldn't be allowed to have so much fun.

Scully

Art's wife Airyn has confirmed this with an online friend of mine.  Art is retired for good. (For now.)  8)

Morgus

Quote from: Scully on February 02, 2012, 12:42:41 AM
Art's wife Airyn has confirmed this with an online friend of mine.  Art is retired for good. (For now.)  8)
many of us have believed that for a long time now.
but a few like Fort Rock will continue to disbelieve and point to his many past "retirements"  8)

This sure is a thread killer isn't it.. Presumable that we all knew this and just have to accept it.. But it's hard. Too bad it's not 2002 still

11angeleyes11

I have good math skills, but there have been a lot of "for nows" in Mr. Bell's retirement plans, and I can't count them accurately.

ourobouros2k2

It's dead Jim. Even though I am an eternal optimist, I have taken this fact to heart. I believe he was trying to gain traction for something last year, but it is obviously not going to happen and he accepts it.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ourobouros2k2 on February 02, 2012, 10:01:23 AM
I believe he was trying to gain traction for something last year...

to me, even THAT seems unlikely... but who knows.

Art Bell

Hi there,
I thought it would be ok to stop in here and say hi from the High Desert! I have had so many people
send me links in email that refer to a post on this site. All is well with the Bell Family and we are
doing just fine in Pahrump.

As far as Retirement is concerned it has been great having time with my Family and my Hobby. I have
learned to "never say never" but I am enjoying life.

If any of you are Hams please feel free to join us on Echolink at W6OBB-L

I would be happy to try and answer any reasonable questions any of you may have.

Art