• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Richard Syrett

Started by muddel, July 28, 2009, 01:15:33 PM

Juan Cena

Quote from: Nick el Ass on March 15, 2015, 12:32:05 AM
Syrett must be trying to be like Knapp by mentioning the bumper every time they go to break... and If I were Knapp I'd watch my back.

Considering all the mob guys Knapp knows, Syrett might want to watch his back.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Juan Cena on March 15, 2015, 12:38:28 AM
Considering all the mob guys Knapp knows, Syrett might want to watch his back.

That might be true. Cross Knapp, and you may be swimming with the fishes.

WOTR

I hereby resolve to not listen to this idiot anymore.  I will treat him like Dave from here on out.  I am so sick of his talking up Coast as though they were still special and any different from the rest of the crap on the airwaves.  Last night was "the hardest working man in show biz" and "open lines are the cornerstone of Coast" and tonight???

"In 48 hours, the mainstream media will move on.  But not so, Coast to Coast.  We will be here and we will remember."  Bullshit!  I will wait to see how often Coast "remembers" Baby (Sarah?) and this miracle.  Oh, right- it was a 20 second mention.  While the "mainstream" media will move on "after 48 hours" (Sucketts own words) I will almost guarantee that Coast has moved on after those 20 seconds.

Idiotic, lying, self promoting jackass.  Oh, I'm already done for the night (at least it was quick.)

Juan Cena

I'm not buying the Chernobyl/Wormwood correlation. This was a man-made event. I have to believe that the Trumpets of Revelation will be events that cannot be explained away by something man-made.

Great Bumper by Dave Edmunds.  I Hear You Knocking.

Dave Edmunds - I Hear You Knocking

Quote from: Juan Cena on March 15, 2015, 01:30:14 AM
I'm not buying the Chernobyl/Wormwood correlation. This was a man-made event. I have to believe that the Trumpets of Revelation will be events that cannot be explained away by something man-made.

You could be right but you've got to admit that his argument is possible.  Man did not intend for the disaster to happen but it did happen.  Where does it say that God can't use man-made structures to fulfill prophecy?  Just sayin'. I'm not convinced one way or the other but it is possible.

There's no such thing as coincidences.  I'm standing in for Jorch.  :P

I've always had a problem with Revelation.  I can't rule out that John may have been eating some magic mushrooms on the island of Patmos.

I'll admit this stuff is freaking me out.  This is what C2C is supposed to be about, unless anyone can discredit his claims

If you start the countdown from the year of the crucifixion and resurrection, it'll have been 2000 years around 2030-2035.  That could be the time of the Second Coming.  Then again, maybe not but the world has gotten a lot scarier in the last 15 years. Of course, I could die tomorrow or 5 minutes from now.  I was a boy scout and I have kept to the motto, Be Prepared.

And that's all I have to say on the subject.  I don't want to hear certain people complaining that the thread has gotten too religious.

Good Dave is on tomorrow night.  See you there.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 15, 2015, 03:03:02 AM
If you start the countdown from the year of the crucifixion and resurrection, it'll have been 2000 years around 2030-2035.  That could be the time of the Second Coming.  Then again, maybe not but the world has gotten a lot scarier in the last 15 years. Of course, I could die tomorrow or 5 minutes from now.  I was a boy scout and I have kept to the motto, Be Prepared.

Where does the 2000 year countdown come from?  I always thought the supposed countdown was 6000 years from the begining of Genesis.

Edit: yeah, better to just leave that.

Zetaspeak

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 15, 2015, 03:03:02 AM

I don't know if I would say the world has gotten "scarier" Wars have always been around, so has natural disasters. I think we have media platforms that makes the world know about it in an instant.

I do think there are people currently (on both sides) pushing a war in the hopes of some sort of "second coming".

Nebraska888

Good weekend listening with Syrett........and Schrader tonight.   Ahhhh.......... :D

albrecht

Unless the trumpets were like the trumpets of the ectoplasm guest from Friday night and the trumpets were dancing and floating around Chernobyl and set it off.

zeebo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 15, 2015, 03:05:35 AM
And that's all I have to say on the subject.  I don't want to hear certain people complaining that the thread has gotten too religious.

Seems fair to discuss, given that religious revelation was the whole topic last nite.  I have no clue what to make of any of it but like GFP do find some of it freaky.  Did John actually receive a divine revelation, or did he just get ahold of some bad Greek wine or stand out in the sun too long?  I don't know. 

Quote from: zeebo on March 15, 2015, 06:26:43 PM
Seems fair to discuss, given that religious revelation was the whole topic last nite.  I have no clue what to make of any of it but like GFP do find some of it freaky.  Did John actually receive a divine revelation, or did he just get ahold of some bad Greek wine or stand out in the sun too long?  I don't know.

I wasn't talking about you, zeeb.  I still think John may have eaten some magic mushrooms.  Or maybe there was some peyote on Patmos.  Still, I tend to give the benefit of the doubt to John and maybe he actually did have a prophetical vision.  I really don't know.

Quote from: Zetaspeak on March 15, 2015, 09:40:14 AM
I don't know if I would say the world has gotten "scarier" Wars have always been around, so has natural disasters. I think we have media platforms that makes the world know about it in an instant.

I do think there are people currently (on both sides) pushing a war in the hopes of some sort of "second coming".

I think you might be right regarding people pushing us to war to fulfill prophecy.  Sure there have always been wars but I think the times now are becoming at least as tense as they were during the height of the Cold War during the Kennedy administration.  One never knows when some nutcase Muslim will get ahold of a nuke and decide to set it off. At least with the Soviets, you knew they didn't really want to blow the world to pieces.  The Muslim fanatics have no such qualms.

BattyBrooke

Quote from: Nick el Ass on March 15, 2015, 12:00:05 AM
I just read an article about doctors transplanting penises in South Africa, and could imagine the same going on in the future.

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-31876219

This is not far fetched.

BattyBrooke

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 15, 2015, 02:02:31 AM
I'll admit this stuff is freaking me out.  This is what C2C is supposed to be about, unless anyone can discredit his claims

Noooo! What did I miss?! I tuned in during head transplant discussion, scoffed, and tuned out!

BattyBrooke

See you all at Dave tonight. I have a mildly interesting tidbit in the form of short Q & A I had with Dave today about ART BELL.

Scully

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 15, 2015, 01:54:49 AM
I've always had a problem with Revelation.  I can't rule out that John may have been eating some magic mushrooms on the island of Patmos.

My feelings exactly.

PerfectTommy

Too bad I missed this show, but the guest's assessment that we're experiencing the trumpets of Revelation as of now is incorrect. Right now, we are actually living between the 5th and 6th seals of Revelation--no trumpets have sounded yet.

Yes and no.

Trumpets 1-6 do describe what appear to be nuclear blasts, what with the "blazing stars" falling. It should be noted that a third of the entire earth will be scorched by this particular event, as well as a third of all water sources will be contaminated, a third of the sea turned to blood, a third of marine life and ships wiped out, and a third of daylight shortened (Revelation 8:7-12).

Trumpet 6 describes of a large number of WMD missiles launched from the Euphrates region that will wipe out a third of remaining mankind (Revelation 9:13-19).

Clearly these will be man-made calamities that will occur in the near--very near--future.

Trumpet 5 will include Satan being cast out of heaven down to earth will all his angels. Shortly thereafter, the bottomless pit AKA hell will be opened and a bunch of demons residing down there will pour out onto the earth and for five months they are charged with tormenting mankind, save for the 144,000 sealed Hebrew believers (Luke 8:31; Revelation 7:3-4). Apparently their stings are poisonous, like a scorpion's. To add to the fun, for that five month period, people will want to die to escape the pain but will be unable to do so (Revelation 9:3-6).

It goes without saying this portion includes supernatural events.

As will the bowl judgments, which will include supernatural catastrophes such as the entire earth being covered in darkness, the entire sea turning into coagulated blood, all water sources turning into blood, the Euphrates drying up, hailstorms with 100-pound chunks, and the earthquake to end all earthquakes that will turn all major cities worldwide into rubble and split Jerusalem into three parts (Revelation 16:1-21)

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 15, 2015, 06:48:49 PMI still think John may have eaten some magic mushrooms.  Or maybe there was some peyote on Patmos.  Still, I tend to give the benefit of the doubt to John and maybe he actually did have a prophetical vision.  I really don't know.

Oh, he most certainly did... have a prophetic vision that is. The key to understanding it is understanding the Book of Daniel which is the foundation of the Book of Revelation and much of End Times prophecy in general.

Hence why you'll see John repeat much of the symbolism Daniel utilized--describing the Antichrist as a "leopard" and "beast", also referencing the "beast" imagery of the other three empires--as well as describe the manifestation of the physical Kingdom of God on earth which Daniel first introduced as a concept (Daniel 2:21; 4:17, 25, 32; 5:21).

Revelation is, after all, the unsealing of the Book of Daniel (Daniel 12:4,9; Revelation 5:1-10; 6:1-12).

expat

Nigel Watson was a crashing bore.

That is all.

zeebo

Quote from: PerfectTommy on March 16, 2015, 08:02:14 AM
Too bad I missed this show, but the guest's assessment that we're experiencing the trumpets of Revelation as of now is incorrect. Right now, we are actually living between the 5th and 6th seals of Revelation--no trumpets have sounded yet.....

I'm not generally into biblical topics but ... still, an interesting post, thanks PT. 

albrecht

I wonder if Carl Gallups read, or at least knows of, Kathleen Keating? Didn't she also write a book called "Final Warning" that was also about the apocalypse. Book of Revelation, etc? Semi-frequent guest with Art Bell back in the day and who apparently has disappeared (no online references on her whereabouts or updates these days.)

Zetaspeak

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 15, 2015, 06:55:26 PM
I think you might be right regarding people pushing us to war to fulfill prophecy.  Sure there have always been wars but I think the times now are becoming at least as tense as they were during the height of the Cold War during the Kennedy administration.  One never knows when some nutcase Muslim will get ahold of a nuke and decide to set it off. At least with the Soviets, you knew they didn't really want to blow the world to pieces.  The Muslim fanatics have no such qualms.

I wasn't really around back then, but from my understanding 50 years ago we considered Commie's just as "deranged" and dangerous, and as soulless and godless people.

We need another Rocky IV vs a Russian but this time vs a middle eastern boxer with an inspirational speech "if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change". Then we can all hug it out, problem solved  :D

I do wonder at times in 50 years, at 2065, we'll have the same conversation but this time saying "You know the middle east threats weren't that scary, but these NEW aliens from the planet Zetko, now these guys are truly wacked out!!"

In the 80s I would go to bed with the radio on because you never knew when the warning would come.  Virtually the entire population of the world could be wiped out at any time, day or night, and at best you would get a few minutes to prepare.  Now I don't worry about it.

I wouldn't want to be facing Islamic State in the Middle East or North Africa, or the drug cartels in Mexico, or a thousand other things, but any incident here is going to be isolated and only directly affect a small number of people.  Where I live in a fairly rural area, I don't worry about my life coming to an abrupt war-related end at all.  To be honest, the Arab Spring marked the first time in my life that my view of our future changed from cataclysmic to hopeful.  This stuff going on in Russia and Ukraine is minor compared to the tensions of the Cold War, and Islamic State will never have the power to cripple western nations.

DanTSX

DS is just Canadian Jorch.