• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Happy St.Patrick's Day

Started by albrecht, March 17, 2016, 02:26:41 PM

albrecht

Have a fun time all but don't drive drunk and be careful out there (at one place near me a lawyer actually hands out beer coozies and bottle openers with his contact info on them to the crowds.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nda_OSWeyn8

Quote from: albrecht on March 17, 2016, 02:26:41 PM
Have a fun time all but don't drive drunk and be careful out there (at one place near me a lawyer actually hands out beer coozies and bottle openers with his contact info on them to the crowds.)

Same to you, O'albrecht!  I'm hunkering down at home tonight and planning to seriously reduce the level of the bottle of Jameson's that's been aging for awhile in the cupboard.

That's one shrewd lawyer! It sounds like something Saul Goodman would have done!

albrecht

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on March 17, 2016, 02:30:23 PM
Same to you, O'albrecht!  I'm hunkering down at home tonight and planning to seriously reduce the level of the bottle of Jameson's that's been aging for awhile in the cupboard.

That's one shrewd lawyer! It sounds like something Saul Goodman would have done!
Thanks. Yeah the lawyer is known for it. He shows up at ball and hockey games on cheap beer night and gives away stuff. And was one of the first, that I've seen, to really start marketing to pot smokers here (where it is illegal but very popular.)
I'll probably stick around home, as I get a little older I hesitate to go out when its amateur night on the roads and cops everywhere. I like Tullamore Dew but Jameson's is good also. I had the opportunity to be in Dublin some decades ago during St.Pat's (a cleverly scheduled business trip.) I'm not Irish or Catholic but it was a blast. Wow. They can drink.

Here's to the wearing o' the green! Slainte!

Quote from: albrecht on March 17, 2016, 02:37:35 PM
Thanks. Yeah the lawyer is known for it. He shows up at ball and hockey games on cheap beer night and gives away stuff. And was one of the first, that I've seen, to really start marketing to pot smokers here (where it is illegal but very popular.)
I'll probably stick around home, as I get a little older I hesitate to go out when its amateur night on the roads and cops everywhere. I like Tullamore Dew but Jameson's is good also. I had the opportunity to be in Dublin some decades ago during St.Pat's (a cleverly scheduled business trip.) I'm not Irish or Catholic but it was a blast. Wow. They can drink.

I'm not Irish either, but I've been there and the people couldn't have been nicer.  I prefer Tullamore as well when I'm in the mood for some Irish whiskey, but I'm fresh out and that Jameson's has been gathering dust for awhile so I figured I'd better put it to rest.

GravitySucks

I am 25% Irish. I guess it is only fitting I spent 25% of my St Patrick's Days shitfaced. I am glad those days are over.

Be safe everyone. Need y'all back here tomorrow, bright and early.

There are diapers to buy, ya know?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on March 17, 2016, 04:56:31 PM
I'm not Irish either, but I've been there and the people couldn't have been nicer.  I prefer Tullamore as well when I'm in the mood for some Irish whiskey, but I'm fresh out and that Jameson's has been gathering dust for awhile so I figured I'd better put it to rest.

Hey Ghost:

As you know I'm a Paddy guy, but I recently tried an Irish Whiskey I'd never heard of before called "Hellcat Maggie" I like a great deal. I recommend you check it out if you can find it.

Dr. MD MD

Oh? And what's so happy about it?!

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 17, 2016, 09:18:11 PM
Hey Ghost:

As you know I'm a Paddy guy, but I recently tried an Irish Whiskey I'd never heard of before called "Hellcat Maggie" I like a great deal. I recommend you check it out if you can find it.

Thanks for the heads up, Duke!  I'll look for it, but it might not make it to my neck of the woods. I can't even get Paddy unless I go to a bar, which isn't very often any more, unfortunately.

Happy St.Patrick's Day everyone. WOO-HOO ! ! !

NewStar

I'm painting my balls green. with permanent paint

starrmtn001

Quote from: NewStar on March 16, 2017, 11:40:53 PM
I'm painting my balls green. with permanent paint
Huh?  I thought they were green by nature.  Go figure. ;D

Happy St. Patrick's Day, Ja . . . er, I mean NewStar. ;)

zeebo

Hope every one enjoys their Irish-themed beverages of choice.  But don't drink so much you think you can get my gold hee hee.

PChirp

MrHippie

Quote from: ©StarrMountain® 2010 on March 16, 2017, 11:43:32 PM
Huh?  I thought they were green by nature.  Go figure. ;D

Happy St. Patrick's Day, Ja . . . er, I mean NewStar. ;)

Drinking Rolling Rock beer here at La Casa de Hippies. Because the bottle is green and has beer in it.
Happy St. Patrick's Day to NewJackstar  and to all the folks at Dummy and Fatty HQ
You guys are transparent. You cast no shadow .

TigerLily

🍀🍀🍀🍀 HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY! 🍀🍀🍀🍀  Cali-style

PChirp

To MV and ALL our fellow BellGabbers, a VERY Happy and Joyful St. Patrick's Day to one and all!

TigerLily

Quote from: MrHippie on March 17, 2017, 11:00:00 AM
Drinking Rolling Rock beer here at La Casa de Hippies. Because the bottle is green and has beer in it.
Happy St. Patrick's Day to NewJackstar  and to all the folks at Dummy and Fatty HQ
You guys are transparent. You cast no shadow .

Perfect for Groundhog's Day.  Perfect for Groundhog's Day

ItsOver

I actually remembered to wear green.  Sporting a favored bright green BCG turbo T-shirt, courtesy of Academy.  Now I also have a good excuse to tap into a beloved Woodchuck Fall Harvest, later in the day. :)

Cheers!

“Tastes like apple pie”

albrecht

Happy St.Pat's everyone and, as Sarge said on Hill Street Blues "let's be careful out there," because it is often amateur hour and lots of drunk drivers.
A friend sent me this shirt. Ha. I think I can get away with wearing it because it could be seen both ways: as a joke about Trump or as a support of Trump.

maureen

Viva St Patrick's Battalion!!

Quote from: TigerLily on March 17, 2017, 11:17:16 AM
🍀🍀🍀🍀 HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY! 🍀🍀🍀🍀  Cali-style

I was all set to wish you a happy St. Patrick's day, TL, until I saw your blatant, shameless attempt to deflect attention from your shrill, inflammatory, and utterly unsupportable political screeds. Nice try, though, and the picture is definitely an improvement over what most of DT's BG supporters send me. They know who they are.  ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on March 17, 2017, 07:55:57 PM
I was all set to wish you a happy St. Patrick's day, TL, until I saw your blatant, shameless attempt to deflect attention from your shrill, inflammatory, and utterly unsupportable political screeds. Nice try, though, and the picture is definitely an improvement over what most of DT's BG supporters send me. They know who they are.  ;)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 17, 2017, 07:58:40 PM

You promised you wouldn't show that to anyone else. We're done, and there's nothing left to discuss.