• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

Nebraska888

I want more .....but ready for the Grand Canyon interview!

Gd5150

Should be good. Sounds like some Paulides type stuff.

Quote from: Nebraska888 on January 22, 2018, 01:02:07 AM
I want more .....but ready for the Grand Canyon interview!
========================================
'Allo!
I didn't realise until i read this,that the grand canyon could talk.
Hoping am i that some brave souls out here in knappy-land can call in and corner the guest and demand that he discuss the story of the man who claims he found an lost city of an un-known civilisation in the wall of the canyon.
In 1910,i think,an interview appeared in an local paper and several follow-ups.
This story is scanned on he web several times,and had at least one forum dedicated in the past.
Also,the first page of the clipping is printed as part of an sequel children's novel by the author of"Danny Dunn and the Fabulous Homework Machine".
The sequel wasn't too popular,but is in lots of schools by scholastic press re-print?
Anny-hoo,it might be possible to use the way-back machine to find three sites about the lost city posted in the eighties/ninties,now kaput.
I'm not calling in,i don't have an phone..
"B_B"
PS:NO Logo:
][ 7VF ][

Nebraska888

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 22, 2018, 01:11:33 AM
Should be good. Sounds like some Paulides type stuff.

Agreed.

TigerLily

Quote from: Beelzebubbelah on January 22, 2018, 01:18:07 AM
========================================
'Allo!
I didn't realise until i read this,that the grand canyon could talk.
Hoping am i that some brave souls out here in knappy-land can call in and corner the guest and demand that he discuss the story of the man who claims he found an lost city of an un-known civilisation in the wall of the canyon.
In 1910,i think,an interview appeared in an local paper and several follow-ups.
This story is scanned on he web several times,and had at least one forum dedicated in the past.
Also,the first page of the clipping is printed as part of an sequel children's novel by the author of"Danny Dunn and the Fabulous Homework Machine".
The sequel wasn't too popular,but is in lots of schools by scholastic press re-print?
Anny-hoo,it might be possible to use the way-back machine to find three sites about the lost city posted in the eighties/ninties,now kaput.
I'm not calling in,i don't have an phone..
"B_B"
PS:NO Logo:
][ 7VF ][

Interesting. Do I have your permission to cut and paste to send to Knapp's email?

TigerLily

B. Is this it?

Canyonitis: Seeing evidence of ancient Egypt in the Grand Canyon
philipcoppens.com › egyptiancanyon
from philipcoppens.com
Is there, within the Grand Canyon, an enigmatic system of tunnels that is evidence of an ancient Egyptian voyage to .... "to the city" (Phoenix and the Gazette) "yesterday" (April 4, 1909) after having "discovered" the site "several months ago".

Includes photos
http://philipcoppens.com/egyptiancanyon.html

Damn it.  2 of my favorite subjects tonight and I've missed half of the show.  I'm too tired to listen to the rest.  Hope someone puts it up on youtube  or somewhere tomorrow. Fuck me. 

Has anyone here ever driven on the Canyon rim during a blizzard?  I have and it was a hell of a lot of fun. About 2 years ago.  Stupid but a hell of a lot of fun.

If I can't find the show, I'll have to sign up for Coast Rider membership, damnit.

Nebraska888

Wanted to say hello, girlfriend!  Knapp doesn't disappoint.  Sure hope Zee is listening.

TigerLily

Beelze...

I emailed Knapp and included the Coppens website url. My phone has really bad reception

TLze

TigerLily

Quote from: Nebraska888 on January 22, 2018, 01:53:50 AM
Wanted to say hello, girlfriend!  Knapp doesn't disappoint.  Sure hope Zee is listening.

Hey girl. Always good to see you. I'm sure he's at least listening, and hopefully lurking. He has better impulse control than I do. I always quit and always come back. It would be so nice if he at least popped in on Knapp Night

TigerLily

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 22, 2018, 01:52:56 AM
Damn it.  2 of my favorite subjects tonight and I've missed half of the show.  I'm too tired to listen to the rest.  Hope someone puts it up on youtube  or somewhere tomorrow. Fuck me. 

Has anyone here ever driven on the Canyon rim during a blizzard?  I have and it was a hell of a lot of fun. About 2 years ago.  Stupid but a hell of a lot of fun.

If I can't find the show, I'll have to sign up for Coast Rider membership, damnit.

Save your soul and check YT. Later I will send you my favorite link

Nebraska888

Quote from: TigerLily on January 22, 2018, 02:12:13 AM
Hey girl. Always good to see you. I'm sure he's at least listening, and hopefully lurking. He has better impulse control than I do. I always quit and always come back. It would be so nice if he at least popped in on Knapp Night

I think Zee will return in his own good time. ;)

Nebraska888

Tiger....I think Knapp just got your message!

TigerLily

Aha! Hope you're listening, B

TigerLily

Awww. How cool is Good George? Can you imagine Bad Jorch playing the whole intro uninterrupted?

WOTR

Quote from: Nebraska888 on January 22, 2018, 02:18:04 AM
I think Zee will return in his own good time. ;)
i  hope  so... he  was one of my favourite posters here.  fun, good hearted, humouous...  i hope he is doing well. when people just disappear like that, I kind of worry.   :(

ItsOver

I was up for the first three hours.  One of the better Knapp shows.  The first hour with Roy's son was fantastic.  A lot of interesting Big O details.  Interested to learn about the upcoming Roy Hologram shows.  A big regret of mine is never having seen Orbison live.  One of the many talented greats who passed way too early.

The Grand Canyon part of the show was interesting but the guest had an aggravating speech habit.  He was somewhat of a slow speaker to begin with but all the sudden he'd just pause, way beyond a proper pregnant pause.  I kept wondering if his line had dropped.  Not sure what that was about.  Maybe he was thinking about all the poor souls who had gone past the Canyon's edge.

Orbison forever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRL24HNzKTc

diowulf

Quote from: ItsOver on January 22, 2018, 11:30:13 AM

the guest had an aggravating speech habit. I kept wondering if his line had dropped. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRL24HNzKTc

Jesus Christ. George even had to finish some of his sentences for him. I was looking forward to listening to this in 2 weeks with the family on the way up to the canyon but there's no way I could put even myself through it again. It was like.......talking to someone. Who

Is distracted...Or. maybe he was........just

afuckingretard.

ItsOver

Quote from: diowulf on January 22, 2018, 12:08:07 PM
Jesus Christ. George even had to finish some of his sentences for him. I was looking forward to listening to this in 2 weeks with the family on the way up to the canyon but there's no way I could put even myself through it again. It was like.......talking to someone. Who

Is distracted...Or. maybe he was........just

afuckingretard.
Heh, heh, heh.

Gd5150

Grand Canyon info was interesting. Had to laugh, people who’ve never been camping, never slept in a tent, going on a 15 day rafting/camping trip. Haha!!! A few days in a tent is hard when you’re experienced. 15, thats insane! And for someone who’s never been? Fricken crazy.

Makes me think we should organize a 15 day Bellgab retreat at the Grand Canyon. Take a nice group shot right at the edge. “Ok people, back up, 1 step further”. 😄

albrecht

Orbison should've been a whole show. Screw Norry's "sphlist show" format, Knapp. I laughed at the comment that Kris Kristofferson driving him to school.

Quote from: TigerLily on January 22, 2018, 02:13:33 AM
Save your soul and check YT. Later I will send you my favorite link

Found it on youtube and just listened to it.  Enjoyed all of it though the second guest seemed a bit uncomfortable talking sometimes.  I'd love to take 15 days and ride down the river.  Been camping a lot in my life so sleeping in a tent is no big deal for me.

Think I'll get both books that were discussed tonight.  Wish Roy Jr. had a bit more time as they really couldn't go into great detail about Roy's life.  Roy Jr.'s voice reminded me of his fathers.  A very well-mannered man too.  Too bad I didn't get to hear the bumpers.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on January 22, 2018, 07:21:33 PM
Orbison should've been a whole show. Screw Norry's "sphlist show" format, Knapp. I laughed at the comment that Kris Kristofferson driving him to school.
Agree.  I'm hoping Knapp has Son of Roy back.  With Roys Boys LLC in operation and the upcoming "In Dreams" concerts, I'd expect he'd want to come back for the promotional opportunity, at least.

Ha, Kristofferson as a "school bus chauffeur."  ;D  The so called "The Boss," Springsteen, would have made a good shoe shine boy for Roy.  ;D

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on January 23, 2018, 08:19:00 AM
Agree.  I'm hoping Knapp has Son of Roy back.  With Roys Boys LLC in operation and the upcoming "In Dreams" concerts, I'd expect he'd want to come back for the promotional opportunity, at least.

Ha, Kristofferson as a "school bus chauffeur."  ;D  The so called "The Boss," Springsteen, would have made a good shoe shine boy for Roy.  ;D

Apparently the Japanese or Koreans (or both?) have pop concerts with hologramed cartoon figures (usually young schoolgirls) and I recalled listening that DIO was going to "reunited" with Ronnie James in a hologram.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ronnie-james-dio-hologram-to-embark-on-dio-returns-world-tour-first-dates-announced/

ps: interesting that Sun Records produced two people who liked to wear all black. Haha.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on January 23, 2018, 12:08:33 PM
Apparently the Japanese or Koreans (or both?) have pop concerts with hologramed cartoon figures (usually young schoolgirls) and I recalled listening that DIO was going to "reunited" with Ronnie James in a hologram.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ronnie-james-dio-hologram-to-embark-on-dio-returns-world-tour-first-dates-announced/

ps: interesting that Sun Records produced two people who liked to wear all black. Haha.
Ha!  Why do I think a certain BellGab poster would be interested in "Japanese pop concerts with hologramed cartoon figures (usually young schoolgirls)"?  :D

I'd love to see Knapp have Roy's son back on and discuss more about the "In Dreams" hologram effort, in particular.  It apparently takes quite a bit of effort to get it done right.  It'll be interesting to see how the Orbison concerts work out.

Gd5150

Maybe we could get a hologram of Art Bell to host Coast to Coast.

ItsOver

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 24, 2018, 10:20:09 AM
Maybe we could get a hologram of Art Bell to host Coast to Coast.
Heh, heh, heh.  Well, there's alway "Somewhere in Time," on the weekend.  Bell has never been happy PremRat was still airing his old shows.  Maybe they can further piss him off with a hologram on "Beyond Belief," pitching Jorch's "invasions."  ;D  Time to hit that Bell attorney number on speed dial.

ffernandez15

Great show by Knapp as usual. I also hope that Roy Orbison Jr. returns as Knapp's guest.  The second guest was good, once He got comfortable being interviewed. His topic is intriguing, but the constant pauses early on was frustrating.  In comparison, Dave Paulides, when He presents his cases studies on mysterious disappearances, continues to hold my attention - superb storytelling skills.

One of the Grand Canyon stories was particularly compelling The 2 runners who tried a run through the GC with poor planning and too little water. When the male runner collapsed, the female runner, Margaret Bradley, tried to go for help. The man survived, Ms Bradley did not. I had to know more, found a detailed L.A. Times article. Ms. Bradley apparently left the trail, tried to descend to the river, was trapped on a cliff, and succumbed. Full story below.

http://articles.latimes.com/2004/aug/17/news/os-canyondeath17

MrHippie

Coming up this Sunday

Skinwalker Ranch & UFOs/ Fallen Angels

Date
Sunday - January 28, 2018
Host
George Knapp
Guests
Eric W. Davis,  Hal Puthoff,  Marie D. Jones,  Larry Flaxman   

First Half: Recent revelations about the Pentagon's secret UFO study have generated headlines, controversy, and questions. Now, two renowned physicists who worked on the study join George Knapp to reveal what prompted the Dept. of Defense to initiate the program.
-
Second Half: Throughout human history, many have been obsessed with the dark opposites of God and angels. The show  looks at Satan, evil spirits, and how the presence of dark angels continues to remain a part of our human experience, popular culture, and spiritual understandings.

Quote from: MrHippie on January 25, 2018, 11:52:39 PM
Coming up this Sunday

Skinwalker Ranch & UFOs/ Fallen Angels

Date
Sunday - January 28, 2018
Host
George Knapp
Guests
Eric W. Davis,  Hal Puthoff,  Marie D. Jones,  Larry Flaxman   

First Half: Recent revelations about the Pentagon's secret UFO study have generated headlines, controversy, and questions. Now, two renowned physicists who worked on the study join George Knapp to reveal what prompted the Dept. of Defense to initiate the program.
-
Second Half: Throughout human history, many have been obsessed with the dark opposites of God and angels. The show  looks at Satan, evil spirits, and how the presence of dark angels continues to remain a part of our human experience, popular culture, and spiritual understandings.

That's a high-grade-brushed-cotton-Royal-Stewart-Tartan-Pajamas night right there.