• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ian Punnett

Started by sillydog, April 06, 2008, 04:15:35 PM

What do you listen to when you can't take C2C anymore?

Nothing
Mainstream talk radio
Progressive talk radio
Music
TV
Podcasts
In Brian Jones case, he had supposedly been clean for a month and was working his way back. I think he was either murdered or accidentally killed.  For me, the greatest Stones era died when he died. 

What the fuck is this politics shit doing on this show tonight, Ian?
I blame Jorch.
Fuck you, Jorch Noory.

ItsOver

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 09, 2018, 02:59:04 AM
What the fuck is this politics shit doing on this show tonight, Ian?
I blame Jorch.
Fuck you, Jorch Noory.

Heh, heh.  Go get him, 21st!  A Jorch takedown. ;D

Juan

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 09, 2018, 01:18:01 AM
Heh, I'm listening to WGST.
The last time I listened to WGST it carried nothing but Spanish language futbol. Is it still by the Alexander Memorial Coliseum, or did it move when it changed frequencies?

anunnaki

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 09, 2018, 12:11:41 AM
I thought Ian's show with George Carlin's daughter would be more interesting. 

Looking back, I'm not sure why I thought that.
I was hoping for an interesting interview, but Kelly Carlin's annoying habit of constantly repeating "You Know" was such a distraction that I emailed her the following-Radio interview on Coast-to Coast

I listened to your interview by Ian Punnett and have a suggestion.

Please consider two things-

1. Listen to a playback of that interview with a pad and pen and note how many times you said "You Know".

It was very annoying/distracting and did not add anything positive to what you were saying. It was totally unnecessary.

2. Consider taking a Toastmaster's Course on Public Speaking.

I mean this in a kind way.

Bob

Her response was-
On 06/09/2018 02:44 PM, Kelly Carlin wrote:
> Anything positive? Always good to give positive feedback to people before the negative.
>
> Think about taking a leadership course on feedback.
>
> I mean this in a kind way.
>
> Kelly

MY reply-
Typical Liberal approach to criticism, = Flip it around to the other, instead of addressing the issue at hand-"You Know?"!
This is ,YouKnow, Like attacking the Messenger,You Know?

anunnaki

I bet there were over 100 "You Know"'s in what otherwise you know,
could have been, you know, a good interview!

ItsOver

Quote from: anunnaki on June 09, 2018, 06:56:16 PM
I was hoping for an interesting interview, but Kelly Carlin's annoying habit of constantly repeating "You Know" was such a distraction...
I'm glad I didn't catch the show.  I wouldn't have lasted long.

In any argument, the first person to mention Hitler wins

Morgus

In the last half of the show last night in open lines, one of the callers to Ian was one Noory's regulars the woman who thinks she is the reincarnation of Cleopatra.
Ian the master of pop culture, referred to a 70's flick "Cleopatra Jones" :)

anunnaki

Quote from: anunnaki on June 09, 2018, 07:05:48 PM
I bet there were over 100 "You Know"'s in what otherwise you know,
could have been, you know, a good interview!

At least she didn't employ the "Actually" annoyance!

Quote from: Juan on June 09, 2018, 06:15:01 AM
The last time I listened to WGST it carried nothing but Spanish language futbol. Is it still by the Alexander Memorial Coliseum, or did it move when it changed frequencies?

I believe it is still by the Alexander Memorial Coliseum though not 100% sure.  The only thing worth listening to on the station these days is C2C.  WSB and Talk 106.7 rule talk radio in the metro right now.

Metron2267

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 09, 2018, 07:23:26 PM
In any argument, the first person to mention Hitler wins

Hey now, what about Godwin's Law?

Robert

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on June 09, 2018, 07:23:26 PMIn any argument, the first person to mention Hitler wins
Huh.  I didn't think he had such influence these days.  Could dropping his name help you get a better seat at a show?

Robert

Quote from: anunnaki on June 09, 2018, 06:56:16 PMI was hoping for an interesting interview, but Kelly Carlin's annoying habit of constantly repeating "You Know" was such a distraction that I emailed her the following-Radio interview on Coast-to Coast

I listened to your interview by Ian Punnett and have a suggestion.

Please consider two things-

1. Listen to a playback of that interview with a pad and pen and note how many times you said "You Know".

It was very annoying/distracting and did not add anything positive to what you were saying. It was totally unnecessary.
In that case I don't feel so bad about having slept thru the entire Carlin segment.

albrecht

Caller who questioned Bourdain's suicide was trying to remember a "conspiracy lady's name" and Ian couldn't remember. I'm pretty sure caller was trying to remember Mae Brussell. Sort of surprised a media/radio guy like Ian wouldn't have heard of her.

ShayP

Friday - June 29, 2018

Ian Punnett

GUESTS:  William J. Birnes, Open Lines

Hedy Lamarr was one of the most beautiful actresses of the 1930s and 40s, but many are unaware of her inventions that were the basis for cell phone and Bluetooth technology. Lamarr expert and researcher Bill Birnes joins Ian Punnett to discuss the two Lamarrs - the glamour icon whose ravishing visage was the inspiration for Snow White, and a technological trailblazer who perfected a secure radio guidance system for Allied torpedoes during WWII. Followed by Open Lines in the latter half.

I dig Hedy Lamarr.  My kinda lady.  8)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ShayP on June 23, 2018, 06:23:23 PM
Friday - June 29, 2018

Ian Punnett

GUESTS:  William J. Birnes, Open Lines

Hedy Lamarr was one of the most beautiful actresses of the 1930s and 40s, but many are unaware of her inventions that were the basis for cell phone and Bluetooth technology. Lamarr expert and researcher Bill Birnes joins Ian Punnett to discuss the two Lamarrs - the glamour icon whose ravishing visage was the inspiration for Snow White, and a technological trailblazer who perfected a secure radio guidance system for Allied torpedoes during WWII. Followed by Open Lines in the latter half.

I dig Hedy Lamarr.  My kinda lady.  8)

That's Headley!

Quote from: ShayP on June 23, 2018, 06:23:23 PM
...  William J. Birnes...

Paid shill who ghost writes Noory's Wanker in the Light books

Jojo

Quote from: anunnaki on June 09, 2018, 06:56:16 PM
I was hoping for an interesting interview, but Kelly Carlin's annoying habit of constantly repeating "You know"...

Her response was-
On 06/09/2018 02:44 PM, Kelly Carlin wrote:
> Anything positive? Always good to give positive feedback to people before the negative.
>...

Quote from: ItsOver on June 09, 2018, 05:56:21 AM
Heh, heh.  Go get him, 21st!  A Jorch takedown. ;D

Always good to provide positive feedback before negative feedback, UNLESS IT'S JORCH!!

Somebody ::)

Tonight sounds like an interesting show about an inventor and actress I've never heard of, and its Ian, so i'll be tuning in  8)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: sumthinz going on on June 29, 2018, 09:30:24 PM
Tonight sounds like an interesting show about an inventor and actress I've never heard of, and its Ian, so i'll be tuning in  8)

What did he invent?

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 29, 2018, 09:31:53 PM
What did he invent?

I bet 21st has heard of Hedy Lamarr, as she was an actress back in the day, but she developed some kind of guidance system for torpedoes during WW2

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: sumthinz going on on June 29, 2018, 09:41:45 PM
I bet 21st has heard of Hedy Lamarr, as she was an actress back in the day, but she developed some kind of guidance system for torpedoes during WW2

THAT'S HEADLEY!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: sumthinz going on on June 29, 2018, 09:41:45 PM

Anyway, that does sound more interesting than what Dave's got going on tonight.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 29, 2018, 09:46:26 PM

Fuck no. I was talking past you. I was talking to TigerLily.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 29, 2018, 09:58:39 PM
Fuck no. I was talking past you. I was talking to TigerLily.

It's just sad to see a man go all libtard over a woman. :(

Quote from: sumthinz going on on June 29, 2018, 09:30:24 PM

From the Coast to Coast AM website:  ''Lamarr expert and researcher Bill Birnes joins Ian Punnett to discuss...''

Lamarr expert and researcher Bill Birnes?  Really?  Really?  Now the windbag who ghostwrites George Noory's Wanker in the Light books is a Heddy Lamarr expert?  How so?  Because he read her Wikipedia page and did a google search after that?

In all the years this jerkoff was brown-nosing Noory and ''reporting'' on UFOs, he was secretly ''researching'' her inventions?  Perhaps Ian can get into what else he's somehow become an expert on, and what we an expect in the future.  Fucking Ian.  One show a week, and he wants to use it on Bill Birnes?