• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Main Menu

Guns

Started by Caruthers612, July 01, 2010, 11:34:40 PM

albrecht

Quote from: Caruthers612 on March 27, 2017, 10:12:51 PM
   Who else here came from a politically liberal family and a part of the country in which guns were never seen or used, and thus has never fired a gun? The sheer explosive power of a gun scares me, in the same way that the first time you sat behind the wheel at sixteen you were suddenly overwhelmed by the power of a car, and panicked with the sense that you could easily kill someone and weren't sure you could control it. I am guessing that, as with the new driver analogy, there is a virgin factor here, and that once you get over that initial fear and start doing it, with instruction, you'll feel more in control. But while I would like to go to the local range and start learning because I am becoming increasingly concerned for my safety, I do have that newbie fear of the explosive power of a gun. Go ahead, accuse me of having vaginitis, but I'm hoping someone here has been through this and can offer some useful tips.
I have a few useful tips:
(basics, first)
1) every gun is loaded
2) don't point at anything you don't intend to shoot
3) don't have trigger on finger until intending to shoot
4) read the manual, learn how the gun works, how to clean, how to disassemble, etc
5) safely store, depending on your personal situation
6) know how, depending on your situation and laws, how to deal with LEO if you have the weapon on your person, in car, house, etc

But also an ALERT:
Situational Awareness. I had a relative who got burgled when he was at work and he thinks, later, that some thugs were watching the range and followed him to his house. And then broke in when he was away. They didn't deal with the gun safe (or computers, wife's jewelry, tvs, etc) but stole the unsecured guns in their place. Guns are a 'hot' commodity and I would be careful and keep an eye out returning from ranges, hunting, etc. I knew someone also, living in a very rural area, who same thing happened. Isolated but they were redoing some road so more workers around. Old lady left and house burgled and guns stolen. I also, somewhat paranoid here, wonder about 4473s and CC #s used to purchase and gun show purchases and dodgy employees or criminals accessing them, even. For your own sake also DOCUMENT the serial numbers, descriptions, etc of your weapons so that if they are stolen they can be recovered and that you won't be put into some situation of being accused of some crime when some "youth" stole them and shot or robbed someone later. And best to lock them up when not in need or there to access (that also is a good safety issue anyhow.)

mikuthing01

This news is just starting to circulate around the internet. A homeowner shot 3 armed home invaders dressed all in black and wearing masks and gloves with his vintage 90's Colt Sporter AR15 killing all 3 of them. Proving once again AR15 is the best home defense weapon you can own. The coal mining get away driver is probably going to prison for life for getting involved with the monkey games. I never thought of using my 20" AR for home defense but i think it's going to come out of the safe and serve as my ranch security rifle for a while in celebration of the good news.

https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2017/03/27/three-home-invaders-worlds-best-home-defensive-weapon/

http://ktul.com/news/local/wagoner-co-sheriffs-office-investigating-triple-homicide-in-broken-arrow-area

albrecht

Quote from: かけてあげるア物零一🇯🇵🗾🗼🎋🌸🐙🐲🐼 on March 27, 2017, 11:53:52 PM
This news is just starting to circulate around the internet. A homeowner shot 3 armed home invaders dressed all in black and wearing masks and gloves with his vintage 90's Colt Sporter AR15 killing all 3 of them. Proving once again AR15 is the best home defense weapon you can own. The coal mining get away driver is probably going to prison for life for getting involved with the monkey games. I never thought of using my 20" AR for home defense but i think it's going to come out of the safe and serve as my ranch security rifle for a while in celebration of the good news.

https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2017/03/27/three-home-invaders-worlds-best-home-defensive-weapon/

http://ktul.com/news/local/wagoner-co-sheriffs-office-investigating-triple-homicide-in-broken-arrow-area
Some good news. Nobody, excepting various forums, groups, and sometimes local news, publicizes the crimes that are prevented, and bad guys downed, by law-abiding citizens. I also will give credit for that one article for using the old-school term "wheelman." Nice! I also see no reason why one of the article speculates if the intruders were "armed?" You break into someone's house, or heck even go on their property (though I, personally, will give more leeway here,) you should be on your rights to use whatever force necessary. Especially when they break down your door. Why they even bring it up is questionable in my mind. I also wonder about the editor. "Forth," is he referencing a Scottish river or did he mean "fourth?" Sad. But Oklahoma, so?

mikuthing01

I would suggest lurking /k/ also they have a lot of good knowledge. They stress trigger trigger discipline constantly, to be honest i never practiced it and thought they were just being overly dramatic about it. But i read about it so much on /k/ i started taking it seriously and my finger never touches the trigger unless i am on target ready to fire or cleaning a gun. I tell all of my friends about trigger discipline and it's one of those in one ear and out the other deals. And went shooting with a friend and he thought his gun was unloaded when it was not and had a negligent discharge of his .45 Springfield XDM and scared me more than it did him. Luckily he had it pointed in a safe direction and learned from his mistake. You don't want to end up like Tex Grebner topkek.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYvAxLX6OzE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZM5Pc392Rc

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Caruthers612 on March 27, 2017, 10:12:51 PM
   Who else here came from a politically liberal family and a part of the country in which guns were never seen or used, and thus has never fired a gun? The sheer explosive power of a gun scares me, in the same way that the first time you sat behind the wheel at sixteen you were suddenly overwhelmed by the power of a car, and panicked with the sense that you could easily kill someone and weren't sure you could control it. I am guessing that, as with the new driver analogy, there is a virgin factor here, and that once you get over that initial fear and start doing it, with instruction, you'll feel more in control. But while I would like to go to the local range and start learning because I am becoming increasingly concerned for my safety, I do have that newbie fear of the explosive power of a gun. Go ahead, accuse me of having vaginitis, but I'm hoping someone here has been through this and can offer some useful tips.

Only in America would anyone be asked who they voted for to determine if they have fired a firearm. Following that logic, every soldier, sailor and airman who used a weapon in conflict is by definition conservative politically.

If that were true it doesn't explain how Churchill was voted out just after the war by the returning soldiers, sailors and airmen. People don't have guns for many reasons, not exclusively because of who they voted for last election.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: かけてあげるア物零一🇯🇵🗾🗼🎋🌸🐙🐲🐼 on March 26, 2017, 02:16:46 PM
You spelled fotay wrong

You're an idiot with a penchant for pubescent Japanese girls. Go you.

mikuthing01

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on March 28, 2017, 09:15:00 AM
You're an idiot with a penchant for pubescent Japanese girls. Go you.

>implying any of the pictures i post of Asian girls are prepubescent
>implying they are all from Nippon (not all Asians look the same if you cant tell a Nippon girl from a Korean from a Chinese you are a racist!)
>implying if you could do it allover you would not choose an Asian waifu because your current waifu looks like a wrinkly leather bag over filled with potato's
>2017 and not admitting Asians are the superior race dealwithit.jpg

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: かけてあげるア物零一🇯🇵🗾🗼🎋🌸🐙🐲🐼 on March 28, 2017, 10:48:30 AM
>implying any of the pictures i post of Asian girls are prepubescent

Learn to read, idiot. Pubescent is what I typed. Idiot.

>implying they are all from Nippon (not all Asians look the same if you cant tell a Nippon girl from a Korean from a Chinese you are a racist!)

That you infer that isn't my responsibility. I didn't imply it. Although its telling you know the differences in your vast picture collection. And no, it isn't racist, just mistaken identity. Idiot.

>implying if you could do it allover you would not choose an Asian waifu because your current waifu looks like a wrinkly leather bag over filled with potato's

Yeah, but any wife of mine would be an adult and not a teenager. But its a moot point. Virgin.

>2017 and not admitting Asians are the superior race dealwithit.jpg

Would that include Pakistanis, Bangladeshis, Indians, Sri Lankans, Mongolians and Afghanis?

Oh, you're still an idiot.

mikuthing01

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on March 28, 2017, 03:01:36 PM
Learn to read, idiot. Pubescent is what I typed. Idiot.

That you infer that isn't my responsibility. I didn't imply it. Although its telling you know the differences in your vast picture collection. And no, it isn't racist, just mistaken identity. Idiot.

Yeah, but any wife of mine would be an adult and not a teenager. But its a moot point. Virgin.

Would that include Pakistanis, Bangladeshis, Indians, Sri Lankans, Mongolians and Afghanis?

Oh, you're still an idiot.

QuoteYeah, but any wife of mine would be an adult and not a teenager. But its a moot point. Virgin.
I don't think i have ever posted pictures of Asian teenagers they are all over the age of 20

QuoteWould that include Pakistanis, Bangladeshis, Indians, Sri Lankans, Mongolians and Afghanis?
Only East Asians, Mongolia yes! No allau akbars or poo in the loo's!

Sojung is mai 3D waifu and she is 23, more than 1 waifu will ruin your laifu ~desu. Just because bellgab is  a senior citizen center for you don't mean i get lumped into your age group grandpa.

WildCard

Quote from: かけてあげるア物零一🇯🇵🗾🗼🎋🌸🐙🐲🐼 on March 28, 2017, 10:48:30 AM
they ain't makin jews like jesus no more.

fine. i'll concede that point, but
>christian
>nazi
pick one

WildCard

^not an argument and i agree.

mikuthing01

Quote from: WildCard on March 28, 2017, 05:16:33 PM
^not an argument and i agree.

I am not a nazi i am a nationalist and anti-semite ~desu

RIP Rise  :'(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0dJiMH10Lw

yumyumtree

Quote from: albrecht on March 27, 2017, 11:48:32 PM
I have a few useful tips:
(basics, first)
1) every gun is loaded
2) don't point at anything you don't intend to shoot
3) don't have trigger on finger until intending to shoot
4) read the manual, learn how the gun works, how to clean, how to disassemble, etc
5) safely store, depending on your personal situation
6) know how, depending on your situation and laws, how to deal with LEO if you have the weapon on your person, in car, house, etc

Good. I would do they don't mix with alcohol.

But also an ALERT:
Situational Awareness. I had a relative who got burgled when he was at work and he thinks, later, that some thugs were watching the range and followed him to his house. And then broke in when he was away. They didn't deal with the gun safe (or computers, wife's jewelry, tvs, etc) but stole the unsecured guns in their place. Guns are a 'hot' commodity and I would be careful and keep an eye out returning from ranges, hunting, etc. I knew someone also, living in a very rural area, who same thing happened. Isolated but they were redoing some road so more workers around. Old lady left and house burgled and guns stolen. I also, somewhat paranoid here, wonder about 4473s and CC #s used to purchase and gun show purchases and dodgy employees or criminals accessing them, even. For your own sake also DOCUMENT the serial numbers, descriptions, etc of your weapons so that if they are stolen they can be recovered and that you won't be put into some situation of being accused of some crime when some "youth" stole them and shot or robbed someone later. And best to lock them up when not in need or there to access (that also is a good safety issue anyhow.)

yumyumtree

I really screwed up that last post, put my comment in the middle of the quote.

I saw a story from KOMO today about a guy in Mason co. who shot a guy he caught taking a shower. The guy had broken in. It is rare for me to say this, but I think the householder was overzealous in this case. But I wasn't there. He is being charged with 2nd degree murder.

yumyumtree

So this shower story has been picked up by HuffPo and the Daily Mail, in case you want to look it up. I am not good at posting things.

mikuthing01

Quote from: yumyumtree on April 02, 2017, 09:06:22 PM
I really screwed up that last post, put my comment in the middle of the quote.

I saw a story from KOMO today about a guy in Mason co. who shot a guy he caught taking a shower. The guy had broken in. It is rare for me to say this, but I think the householder was overzealous in this case. But I wasn't there. He is being charged with 2nd degree murder.

Strange that someone broke in and took a shower, not sure what to think. Usually in the shower scenario it's the homeowner in the shower naked and put at a disadvantage not the intruder. I am going to have to rethink my idea of keeping a loaded AR15 sealed in a water tight bag in my shower and install a in wall safe next to the shower for better security.

mikuthing01

QuoteDeceased Oklahoma Robbery Suspect’s Grandfather Says ‘Unfair’ to Shoot Grandson with AR-15

I agree, he should have used an AR10 LULZ!!!!

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/04/02/deceased-oklahoma-robbery-suspects-grandfather-says-unfair-to-shoot-grandson-with-ar-15/

Taaroa

QuoteLead bullets are bad for your health, shooters warned

They should rephrase this.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-06/lead-bullets-are-bad-for-your-health-shooters-warned/8421096

mikuthing01

Quote from: Taaroa on April 05, 2017, 09:19:09 PM
They should rephrase this.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-06/lead-bullets-are-bad-for-your-health-shooters-warned/8421096

The ATF banned copper bullets because they are considered armor piercing in the US, they will penetrate barriers easier than lead. The anti gunners want to ban lead to effectively ban ammo outright in the US.

Up All Night

When seconds matter... The Police are only minutes away...

Arlington police: Customer killed gunman, may have saved other lives

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/arlington/article148499769.html

A gunman fatally shot an employee at an Arlington sports bar Wednesday evening before he was killed by an armed customer, police said.

Witnesses reported that a man arrived at the bar and walked up to a male employee, said Lt. Chris Cook, police spokesman. An altercation ensued, and the man pulled out a gun and shot the employee, killing him.

A customer who had a concealed handgun then approached the man and fatally shot him.

“By all accounts, he decided to engage the shooter because he wanted to prevent further loss of life,” Cook said. “If the shooter was going to do additional shooting, because he engaged the shooter there was no further loss of life.”

The customer who shot the gunman told police he has a concealed handgun license, Cook said.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Up All Night on May 04, 2017, 01:47:13 PM
When seconds matter... The Police are only minutes away...

Arlington police: Customer killed gunman, may have saved other lives

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/arlington/article148499769.html

A gunman fatally shot an employee at an Arlington sports bar Wednesday evening before he was killed by an armed customer, police said.

Witnesses reported that a man arrived at the bar and walked up to a male employee, said Lt. Chris Cook, police spokesman. An altercation ensued, and the man pulled out a gun and shot the employee, killing him.

A customer who had a concealed handgun then approached the man and fatally shot him.

“By all accounts, he decided to engage the shooter because he wanted to prevent further loss of life,” Cook said. “If the shooter was going to do additional shooting, because he engaged the shooter there was no further loss of life.”

The customer who shot the gunman told police he has a concealed handgun license, Cook said.

Worst part is the customer may end up going to jail for having a concealed handgun in a bar.

Since it was a sports bar, they might have sold food, but depending on whether or not they had a 51% sign up, the customer could very well end up in jail.

Up All Night

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 04, 2017, 01:50:08 PM
Worst part is the customer may end up going to jail for having a concealed handgun in a bar.

Since it was a sports bar, they might have sold food, but depending on whether or not they had a 51% sign up, the customer could very well end up in jail.

It was the other, not a 51% establishment. The Police consider the CHP holder a good Samaritan. They say the killing was random,and the killer had another pistol and some knives in his jacket.

Up All Night

Hell Yeah !!

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2017/05/08/dominos-pizza-driver-whoshot-teen-robbery-suspect-mesquite-arizona-gun-permit

The driver killed 16-year-old Wayne Osborne, a student at John Horn High School in the Dallas suburb of Mesquite.

The shooting happened about 11:20 p.m. Saturday in the 1400 block of Springwood Drive near the Mesquite Metropolitan Airport. The driver told police that he went up to the door to deliver a pizza and encountered two male robbers. One of the robbers pointed a pistol at the head of the driver, and when the driver didn't react as expected, the robber lowered the gun and fired slightly off to the driver's side, Parrish said.

"When this happened, it became clear to the driver that this was a robbery," the police spokesman said.

The driver shot back three times and hit the suspect who had fired earlier, according to police. The two robbery suspects ran out the backdoor of the vacant house. Wayne collapsed in an alley, Parrish said.

The second suspect, who has not been named, is also a 16-year-old. He was detained on an aggravated robbery charge.

henge0stone

Someone should collect all the stories where guns saved an owner from a home invasion or when someone with a conceal carry stopped a potential massacre and play them next time people bitch about guns. If the media focused on these incidents as much as it does on mass shootings (which there are much less than politicians pretend there are) then we could have a fair debate. Also politicians who criticize gun owners should not be allowed to have armed personal security.

Up All Night

Thank God, we have the right to keep and bear arms in the USA, thanks to the 2nd Amendment.

But, over in the UK, it's a different story.

I guess you could carry a knife over there for self-defense, but you better be pretty good at what you do...

Special Report: Knife Crime, The Battle For The Streets

http://news.sky.com/video/digi-194712fr-knives-long-white-1930m2t-10884838