• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Main Menu

Jeb Bush

Started by MV/Liberace!, January 05, 2016, 01:35:15 PM

MV/Liberace!

I just saw a clip of two "ground team" guys going door to door in Iowa stumping for... Jeb Bush.  Can you imagine what a lonely, dejecting task that must be?  I'd imagine it's akin to selling vials of HIV door to door.  Or encyclopedias.

GravitySucks

Quote from: MV on January 05, 2016, 01:35:15 PM
I just saw a clip of two "ground team" guys going door to door in Iowa stumping for... Jeb Bush.  Can you imagine what a lonely, dejecting task that must be?  I'd imagine it's akin to selling vials of HIV door to door.  Or encyclopedias.

Or Mormons, except they will work on your house if you ask them to help.

Maybe Jehovah's Witnesses.

inuk2600

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 05, 2016, 01:40:15 PM

Maybe Jehovah's Witnesses.

At least they are true believers. The Jeb people can't possibly have any faith at all at this point.

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 05, 2016, 01:40:15 PM

Really?  I wish I'd known that last fall when I chased a couple away.  I really could have used their help with the annual leaf round up.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 05, 2016, 02:27:42 PM
Really?  I wish I'd known that last fall when I chased a couple away.  I really could have used their help with the annual leaf round up.

Yeah, but you were dressed in your leather harness, chaps and posing pouch. Just because you took off your gimp mask didn't make you any more acceptable to their innocent eyes. I DID TELL YOU!

pyewacket

He isn't making it easy. Didn't some of his senior people quit recently?

-he said that people who came to the United States illegally did so as an "act of love"

-he's failed to break out from the 'middle of the pack'

-his new slogan, "Jeb can fix it" - not sure this will convince anyone

-he's viewed as an elite and part of a dynasty

-not sure how or if he connects to the average American or their concerns

-he's at 3%, I think

That's all that comes to mind at the moment.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 05, 2016, 02:27:42 PM

They would have helped. Most of them actually would rather spend their day helping with chores than constantly being turned away, usually rudely.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: pyewacket on January 05, 2016, 02:47:04 PM
He isn't making it easy. Didn't some of his senior people quit recently?

-he said that people who came to the United States illegally did so as an "act of love"

-he's failed to break out from the 'middle of the pack'

-his new slogan, "Jeb can fix it" - not sure this will convince anyone

-he's viewed as an elite and part of a dynasty

-not sure how or if he connects to the average American or their concerns

-he's at 3%, I think

That's all that comes to mind at the moment.

bush believed he was entitled to the nomination.  there was supposed to be no contest.  the republican establishment is in total shock.

GravitySucks

Quote from: MV on January 05, 2016, 02:56:45 PM
bush believed he was entitled to the nomination.  there was supposed to be no contest.  the republican establishment is in total shock.

He will blame it on his last name to rationalize his defeat. That is how truly out of touch he really is.

albrecht

Quote from: MV on January 05, 2016, 02:56:45 PM
This is what happens when you live in a bubble of sycophants and others who have already been President. I'm guessing the remaining staff and those poor guys knocking on doors are just looking for a future position in some business, bank, or on another mainstream Republican's ticket in the future. What is interesting is so many in the Democratic Party accept the idea that Billary is entitled to the nomination and the Presidency with nary a protest, except some students and Sanders and even they don't touch the claim of entitlement, much, or the various Clinton scandals. Then again the Party of Entitlements so.....

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: albrecht on January 05, 2016, 03:04:22 PM
This is what happens when you live in a bubble of sycophants and others who have already been President. I'm guessing the remaining staff and those poor guys knocking on doors are just looking for a future position in some business, bank, or on another mainstream Republican's ticket in the future. What is interesting is so many in the Democratic Party accept the idea that Billary is entitled to the nomination and the Presidency with nary a protest, except some students and Sanders and even they don't touch the claim of entitlement, much, or the various Clinton scandals. Then again the Party of Entitlements so.....

i wish sanders would start running as though he actually wants to beat hillary.  she's so attackable, but he never goes for the jugular.  trump's right.  sanders blew it on the email thing.

GravitySucks

Quote from: MV on January 05, 2016, 03:06:01 PM
i wish sanders would start running as though he actually wants to beat hillary.  she's so attackable, but he never goes for the jugular.  trump's right.  sanders blew it on the email thing.

He saw what happened to Vince Foster

pyewacket

Gentlemen- I think you're right on both counts. The GOP is not what it once was and no longer represents the average people. The Dems don't either, but they seem to be sticking to their goal of a one party system. You really have to wonder if the elite class in the GOP share that goal- look at the gift Ryan just delivered to them. I can see them switching parties when the time comes. 

ItsOver

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 05, 2016, 02:54:26 PM
They would have helped. Most of them actually would rather spend their day helping with chores than constantly being turned away, usually rudely.
I wish they'd come by.  My gutters need to be cleaned.

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 05, 2016, 02:54:26 PM

I really don't mind them, and am never rude to them.  My girlfriend let a couple in years ago, and they were very nice, earnest young fellows. They must be trained to make polite small talk before launching their spiel, because they first glanced around the living room and then made complimentary comments about a picture and some bric-a-brac on display.  They gave us a Book of Mormon, which I looked through (and still have), and it has to be one of the bloodiest books ever written.  Yikes!

If you don't want to be pestered by Jehovah's witnesses, get a "No Solicitors" sign, because they will honor it.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 05, 2016, 03:56:46 PM
I really don't mind them, and am never rude to them.  My girlfriend let a couple in years ago, and they were very nice, earnest young fellows. They must be trained to make polite small talk before launching their spiel, because they first glanced around the living room and then made complimentary comments about a picture and some bric-a-brac on display.  They gave us a Book of Mormon, which I looked through (and still have), and it has to be one of the bloodiest books ever written.  Yikes!

If you don't want to be pestered by Jehovah's witnesses, get a "No Solicitors" sign, because they will honor it.

I used to get calls from JWs until I did some research on their history and their beliefs. The next time I got a call from a woman that seemed very sincere and I spent about 30 minutes challenging her and asking her if she knew the history of her own church. Eventually her "supervisor" came on the line and explained that I was very rude and I shouldn't be wasting the poor woman's time like that and to please never talk to a JW again about such matters. I haven't been called since.

Back in 1973 I was hitch hiking home from college and got picked up by what looked like a hippy bus full of JWs that we're going to Mexico City to escape the destruction of the USA by the Kahoutek comet. They weren't going to let me off the bus when we approached my exit. I had to threaten the driver with severe bodily injury to get him to pull over. That is one of the strangest encounters I have ever had.

onan

What amazes me about Jeb and the Bush family is not recognizing how badly, rightly or wrongly, GW screwed the pooch. When I listen to Jeb (granted very rarely), he seems reasonable and certainly more coherent than GW ever did. I do tend to believe there was a certain "heir apparent" attitude.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: MV on January 05, 2016, 03:06:01 PM

Nice guys tend to finish last when vying to become leader of the free world, I think. Where do the opposite side of the coin finish? I'm not sure when the last time was we had an opportunity to find out. I suppose we should thank Trump for helping to make life so interesting.

GravitySucks

Quote from: onan on January 05, 2016, 04:13:29 PM
What amazes me about Jeb and the Bush family is not recognizing how badly, rightly or wrongly, GW screwed the pooch. When I listen to Jeb (granted very rarely), he seems reasonable and certainly more coherent than GW ever did. I do tend to believe there was a certain "heir apparent" attitude.

Jeb's son, George P. Bush, ran for and was elected Commisioner, Texas General Land Office. He has the same sense of entitlement. I expect him to make a run for governor when Abbott is done.

onan

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 05, 2016, 04:22:47 PM
Jeb's son, George P. Bush, ran for and was elected Commisioner, Texas General Land Office. He has the same sense of entitlement. I expect him to make a run for governor when Abbott is done.

Texas is always an aberration, imo. He may well win that office. Hell, I dunno, at this point it is anyone's guess.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 05, 2016, 04:06:55 PM
I used to get calls from JWs until I did some research on their history and their beliefs. The next time I got a call from a woman that seemed very sincere and I spent about 30 minutes challenging her and asking her if she knew the history of her own church. Eventually her "supervisor" came on the line and explained that I was very rude and I shouldn't be wasting the poor woman's time like that and to please never talk to a JW again about such matters. I haven't been called since.

Back in 1973 I was hitch hiking home from college and got picked up by what looked like a hippy bus full of JWs that we're going to Mexico City to escape the destruction of the USA by the Kahoutek comet. They weren't going to let me off the bus when we approached my exit. I had to threaten the driver with severe bodily injury to get him to pull over. That is one of the strangest encounters I have ever had.

I actually had a positive experience talking (I think twice) on the phone with a JW woman.  She had an adorable Irish accent and was very nice. I was not confrontational, so it was just an exchange of ideas. Eventually, there was a pitch but not a heavy-handed one. She sent me one of their books. My feeling was that she seemed like a sincere, good person and I didn't want to crap on her beliefs. And then, of course, there was that lovely Irish accent.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Value Of Pi on January 05, 2016, 04:29:47 PM
I actually had a positive experience talking (I think twice) on the phone with a JW woman.  She had an adorable Irish accent and was very nice. I was not confrontational, so it was just an exchange of ideas. Eventually, there was a pitch but not a heavy-handed one. She sent me one of their books. My feeling was that she seemed like a sincere, good person and I didn't want to crap on her beliefs. And then, of course, there was that lovely Irish accent.

The thing was, I wasn't rude at all. In fact I was very pleasant. But she didn't have an Irish accent.

GravitySucks

Quote from: onan on January 05, 2016, 04:25:05 PM
Texas is always an aberration, imo. He may well win that office. Hell, I dunno, at this point it is anyone's guess.

It is definitely an abberation. Most of Texas is conservative, even the counties that are solidly democrat. They are social conservatives, but want the handouts that the democrats give them. The large cities though are very liberal and are all sanctuary cities. Houston being the most liberal. Once I leave this part of the state and head up to central Texas I will avoid the cities as much as possible.

onan

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 05, 2016, 04:43:48 PM
It is definitely an abberation. Most of Texas is conservative, even the counties that are solidly democrat. They are social conservatives, but want the handouts that the democrats give them. The large cities though are very liberal and are all sanctuary cities. Houston being the most liberal. Once I leave this part of the state and head up to central Texas I will avoid the cities as much as possible.

My oldest nephew lives just outside Houston. He says the same thing.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 05, 2016, 04:43:48 PM
Austin, aside from Montrose maybe, is far more liberal than Houston. Not as "hippie" or "environmentalist" liberal- as it used to be even a few decades ago, but liberal as in the high-tech, Californian, neo-yuppie type of liberal. Now all condos and high-tech firms and the original "marginalized" classes, such as Blacks in East Austin, and Hispanics in far South and SE are being pushed out of their neighborhoods. As are often local businesses, music places, bars, etc from many areas. Quite a funny thing to watch the SJW and 'liberals' push out "real minorities" and the "keep Austin weird" establishments for condos and business buildings due to high cost of living, high property values, and so on. They also, periodically, 'crack down' on pan-handlers and the homeless- but then build stuff for them and initiate social programs for them. So sort of going through schizophrenia now. Eliminating 'at large' districts has changed local politics also (it used to be a small cadre of officials would always have office and there was an 'understanding' about a certain number of minorities on the Council.) Now we vote by district- and that is shaking things up, somewhat. Still Austin and Travis Cty will vote Democrat in almost all elections- one of the few places in Texas that never 'switched' over.

Granted most of the conservatives have moved out of Htown proper (though they might still work there) and Houston has the gay major,  it is still dominated by petrochemical and chemical companies and those folks tend to be more old school, educated, and business oriented (or work for those companies not in management and so-called 'redneck' or 'country' types.) But, especially increased after the NOLA exodus, much of the people in the city are reliant on the government, welfare, etc (though even places like the once-dreaded Fifth Ward is now coffee shops, bistros, condos, and microbrew places.) So gentrification is happening.

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on January 05, 2016, 06:30:19 PM
Austin, aside from Montrose maybe, is far more liberal than Houston. Not as "hippie" or "environmentalist" liberal- as it used to be even a few decades ago, but liberal as in the high-tech, Californian, neo-yuppie type of liberal. Now all condos and high-tech firms and the original "marginalized" classes, such as black in East Austin, and Hispanics in far South and SE are being pushed out of their neighborhoods. As are often local businesses, music places, bars, etc. Quite a funny thing to watch the SJW and 'liberals' push out "real minorities" due to high cost of living, high property values, and so on. They also, periodically, 'crack down' on pan-handlers and the homeless- but then build stuff for them and initiate social programs for them. So sort of going through schizophrenia now. Eliminating 'at large' districts has changed local politics also (it used to be a small cadre of officials would always have office and there was an 'understanding' about a certain number of minorities on the Council. Now we vote by district- and that is shaking things up, somewhat. Still Austin and Travis Cty will vote Democrat in almost all elections- one of the few places in Texas that never 'switched' over.

Granted most of the conservatives have moved out of Htown proper and Houston has the gay major,  it is still dominated by petrochemical and chemical companies and those folks tend to be more old school, educated, and business oriented (or work for those companies not in management and so-called 'redneck' or 'country' types.) But, especially after the NOLA exodus, much of the people in the city are reliant on the government, welfare, etc (though even places like the once-dreaded Fifth Ward is now coffee shops, bistros, condos, and microbrew places.) So gentrification is happening.

Yeah, I knew I made a mistake as soon as I posted that. Austin is definitely more liberal.  Houston just has more suckage because of the liberals.

You can get arrested for feeding the homeless, but the mayor's biggest agenda and waste of money has been to try and make it legal for transvestites to use any bathroom they want.

PaulAtreides

He needs to change his glasses so that he doesn't look like such a wimp.

GravitySucks

Quote from: PaulAtreides on January 05, 2016, 07:17:35 PM
He needs to change his glasses so that he doesn't look like such a wimp.

MV/Liberace!

"Please clap."

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdCYMvaUcrA