• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 05, 2018, 11:28:25 PM
Don't forget Tranya! ;D
No way I'm drinkin that shit. Look what it did to Clint Howard.
Same with Aldebaran whiskey. What goes down green can come up green...

zeebo

Quote from: TigerLily on June 05, 2018, 11:23:41 PM
Yeah but it's close enough to Encinitas you can easily get to the good vibe

One of my old haunts.  Much beach-time spent there, usually followed by RT Pizza and multiple games of DigDug.  Sorry, nostalgia flashback.

TigerLily

Quote from: zeebo on June 05, 2018, 11:31:21 PM
One of my old haunts.  Much beach-time spent there, usually followed by RT Pizza and multiple games of DigDug.  Sorry, nostalgia flashback.

Lovely, zeeb

albrecht

Quote from: Flying Killer Robot on June 05, 2018, 11:27:25 PM
Yes - and a shoutout to Under A Blood Red Sky.

I think incorporations, pass-through entities, partnerships, offshore holdings, and who knows what else are U2, or at least Bono's best! I'm serious. Bleed the Beast, legally, tax avoidance, legal, should be commended! Especially when, apparently, done by a leftist!

zeebo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 05, 2018, 11:25:33 PM
I think it's actually ale, buddy. ;)

The blue stuff?  Those Romulans man!

SpookyTim

Quote from: albrecht on June 05, 2018, 11:32:38 PM

I think incorporations, pass-through entities, partnerships, offshore holdings, and who knows what else are U2, or at least Bono's best! I'm serious. Bleed the Beast, legally, tax avoidance, legal, should be commended! Especially when, apparently, done by a leftist!

The Paradise Papers, and stories of his apparent infidelities, were definitely tough to take.

Quote from: TigerLily on June 05, 2018, 11:27:51 PM
I don't think I even heard of that one

The only song that I paid much attention was the boots song and that was only because they had sexy models in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcDNilZbZg8

I'm easy. :-[ ;D

zeebo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 05, 2018, 11:30:10 PM
I liked Pride but the rest of Unforgettable Fire left me flat.  I felt it was a bit too mellow compared to War which was their previous album.  I wanted the same production/music style that was on War.

I could be biased, I was in a mopey introspective phase at the time. ;)  The guitar work that album is pretty cool though in any case.

Sean92008

Quote from: albrecht on June 05, 2018, 11:32:38 PM

Except that the poorer people are on the hook for the taxes to pay for the programs Bono protests for.

TigerLily

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 05, 2018, 11:30:17 PM
With my health issues, I have to consider a drop-dead point...  I know my kids will intellectually understand... Emotionally, another story.

Sorry to hear about your health issues

Sean92008

You too can be a radio host!

TigerLily

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 05, 2018, 11:35:36 PM
The only song that I paid much attention was the boots song and that was only because they had sexy models in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcDNilZbZg8

I'm easy.

lol. Don't ever change, 21

zeebo

Quote from: SpookyTim on June 05, 2018, 11:27:42 PM
For me it's Achtung Baby, Joshua Tree, Zooropa and then All That You Can't Leave Behind. I'm also one of the only people that really liked Pop.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Zooropa, sort of underappreciated album.  For some reason I played Lemon repeatedly.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 05, 2018, 11:36:01 PM
Except that the poorer people are on the hook for the taxes to pay for the programs Bono protests for.

Yeah, that did it for me regarding these guys, despite how great their early albums are.

P.S. I saw them on the Zoo Station tour but I enjoyed the opening acts more (Rage Against the Machine and Primus).

WOTR

Evening.  Good to see that the drama continues.  She really ought to dump LNM and sign up with "train wreck radio."

zeebo

Quote from: Flying Killer Robot on June 05, 2018, 11:27:25 PM
Yes - and a shoutout to Under A Blood Red Sky.

I forgot about that one, yes a good example of earlier live U2 as I recall.

Sean92008

Quote from: TigerLily on June 05, 2018, 11:37:05 PM
Sorry to hear about your health issues
I'm not, my life has been an interesting journey.  I'm here, its happening... Eh...

I am sorry i didn't have more fun in life.

Its kind of tough when my brain  doesn't want me to walk or remember shit in front of the kids...  But its infrequent and not ugly.

Aquarius

Quote from: spookcat on June 05, 2018, 11:24:43 PM
A bit sick that she said "Ask Daddy" in the note though. It's going to further mess with the poor daughters mind.

Yes, for sure, not to mention she hung herself while her husband was in the apartment, with a red scarf on the doorknob in her bedroom. Took a lot of effort, she must have been troubled. Only 55. RIP Kate Spade.

So true.  Did you know it won't snow in Africa this Christmas? :P

Oh wait, maybe I'm wrong!

I used to think that was an inane lyric.

WOTR

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on June 05, 2018, 10:25:32 PM
'Hippies I was raised by"

Its all making more sense.

I knew I remembered something about that...

Quote from: (Redacted) on September 20, 2013, 12:46:28 AM
Well, first off, I'm so excited about this, I know I overpost... but, we're talking Art Bell.  Seriously one of my favorite dudes of all time.  Like, right up there with Ozzy imo.

Now, if there's anything I learned from that darned NDE, it's that now is all that matters.  (Yeah, I grew up raised by hippies & biker types; my soul never really left the 90's.  White light, pink bubbles, crystals, tarot, totem animals... all that shit.)

TigerLily

I'd much rather see my taxes go to Bono's causes than Pruitt's expenditures

SpookyTim

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 05, 2018, 11:42:20 PM
So true.  Did you know it won't snow in Africa this Christmas? :P

Oh wait, maybe I'm wrong!

I used to think that was an inane lyric.

Oh, man. Do they know it's Christmastime at all?

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 05, 2018, 11:40:06 PM
Yeah, that did it for me regarding these guys, despite how great their early albums are.

P.S. I saw them on the Zoo Station tour but I enjoyed the opening acts more (Rage Against the Machine and Primus).

I love Winona's beaver.

SpookyTim

Quote from: TigerLily on June 05, 2018, 11:44:06 PM
I'd much rather see my taxes go to Bono's causes than Pruitt's expenditures

Word.

Quote from: zeebo on June 05, 2018, 11:39:47 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about Zooropa, sort of underappreciated album.  For some reason I played Lemon repeatedly.

This is my most-played song from Zooropa.  It was so weird hearing Cash's vocal over layered techno but I enjoyed it just the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-dZvQxYX1g

TigerLily

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 05, 2018, 11:41:52 PM
I'm not, my life has been an interesting journey.  I'm here, its happening... Eh...

I am sorry i didn't have more fun in life.

Its kind of tough when my brain  doesn't want me to walk or remember shit in front of the kids...  But its infrequent and not ugly.

Oh, Sean. I'm so sorry