• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

El Chorro

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 03, 2018, 09:44:30 PM
While he hits some important points, I *hate* people who refer to themselves with superlatives ("great American"). I also have issues with Hannity, he talks all over his much more intelligent guests.

Remember that Cunningham replaced Drudge's radio show...

I think Cunningham does that in a self-mocking way. It comes across as part of his hyper-active-barber shtick. (I don't care much for Hannity.)

Sean92008

Quote from: El Chorro on June 03, 2018, 09:48:15 PM
I think Cunningham does that in a self-mocking way. It comes across as part of his hyper-active-barber shtick. (I don't care much for Hannity.)
I find Bryan Suits (KFI Sat & Sun) more engaging. He's on iHate Radio now if you're curious.

El Chorro

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 03, 2018, 09:54:22 PM
I find Bryan Suits (KFI Sat & Sun) more engaging. He's on iHate Radio now if you're curious.

Thanks. I also like that Cunningham is on the radio. I've been doing a lot of streaming these last few weeks and am sweating what using my phone as a radio is doing to my data plan. (I have a hotspot device as my internet so I can use it at work and home.)

Sean92008

Quote from: El Chorro on June 03, 2018, 09:57:34 PM
Thanks. I also like that Cunningham is on the radio. I've been doing a lot of streaming these last few weeks and am sweating what using my phone as a radio is doing to my data plan. (I have a hotspot device as my internet so I can use it at work and home.)
Sunday night radio = slim pickings.

ItsTelly

Quote from: ItsOver on June 03, 2018, 06:33:15 PM
Heater did a better job than I expected.

I think she was aiming for a microphone.

Fail.

Telly

Sean92008

Quote from: ItsTelly on June 03, 2018, 10:16:49 PM
I think she was aiming for a microphone.

Fail.

Telly
For her, same difference.

albrecht

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 03, 2018, 09:44:30 PM
While he hits some important points, I *hate* people who refer to themselves with superlatives ("great American"). I also have issues with Hannity, he talks all over his much more intelligent guests.

Remember that Cunningham replaced Drudge's radio show...

Not who it was but locally when the short-lived Drudge show ended there was some guy who was interesting, not sure who or what. But played what sounded like comms of VC over the wire and directing fire on his position as bumpers frantically. Never to be on again but was interesting.

Aquarius

Quote from: SpookyTim on June 03, 2018, 07:07:03 AM
Completed with bellgab-infused chat...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCdcqFUOWFQ

Hi, went to watch/listen but it says video unavailable. Will it be posted elsewhere, and if so, when? Thanks!

Sean92008

Quote from: albrecht on June 03, 2018, 10:28:26 PM

Not who it was but locally when the short-lived Drudge show ended there was some guy who was interesting, not sure who or what. But played what sounded like comms of VC over the wire and directing fire on his position as bumpers frantically. Never to be on again but was interesting.
I was busy with kids and don't remember, was there a big gap between Drudge snd Cunningham? 

I do remember Drudge constantly gushed about Vegas often while I lived there and knew better...  Hehehe.

Lilith

Quote from: username on June 03, 2018, 08:39:17 PM
https://youtu.be/ZRXl7yzkdvw

1:32:00

Chefist calls in and we talk about some amusing things, enjoy.

I'm watching it in 5, 4, 3, 2....

;D :-*

albrecht

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 03, 2018, 10:40:12 PM
I was busy with kids and don't remember, was there a big gap between Drudge snd Cunningham? 

I do remember Drudge constantly gushed about Vegas often while I lived there and knew better...  Hehehe.

I only heard whoever he was once but was interesting because more SW frantic style than normal AM fare. Now the local goes with 'best of Norry' ha. Which is better than the car sales guys, a bit. Would rather an actual car show liked used to have on weekends about actual cars/trucks, not sales but fixing etc.

Lilith

Quote from: username on June 03, 2018, 11:38:58 PM
Hehe enjoy!

I AM!  It's GREAT!  I'm more than half way.  I like listening live with other people better tho...   ;) :-*

comaphobe

<MITD's magik number is 78>

115380 will take the lead over OSOM. That target may climb if OSOM is active between now and tomorrow.

Sean92008

Tonight's C2C is a fascinating topic with ass wiped all over it.

I respect George immensely for quite a few things but he needed much more show prep.

I hope I die quickly instead of rotting because I'd hate to be tempted to ask for George help paying bills while waiting to drop.

Sean92008

Quote from: comaphobe on June 04, 2018, 12:02:04 AM
<MITD's magik number is 78>

115380 will take the lead over OSOM. That target may climb if OSOM is active between now and tomorrow.
RCH is live tonight, right?

I really enjoy most of his shows. I just wish he was on earlier.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: brig on June 03, 2018, 11:55:08 PM
I AM!  It's GREAT!  I'm more than half way.  I like listening live with other people better tho...   ;) :-*

Very good, this is a field I really love. Oh yes..... I understand completely, the live aspect is the best. You need to jump in the chat room one of these nights. Star usually shows up every full moon.

Bluejay

Quote from: Dyna-X on June 03, 2018, 06:14:35 PM
Its the hole from hell. No matter how much you dig it never gets deeper.
It’s kind of like the trick birthday candles phenomenon.

SpookyTim

Quote from: Aquarius on June 03, 2018, 10:37:31 PM
Hi, went to watch/listen but it says video unavailable. Will it be posted elsewhere, and if so, when? Thanks!

Hmm, it's working for me but you could always try the chat-less version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IGSqhcZSRA

comaphobe

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 04, 2018, 12:08:55 AM

I was reading his thread earlier and the chat from last night indicated a guest host. I haven't listened since Fred's station carried his show. I tried listening when he was on that 500 watt station that played the Rat Pack music but he was always pulling a Ferris Bueller. The blogtalk radio server has no direct link to the stream and my computer's fan spins too loudly to hear the show.

He is definately on too late. Especially working in EST timezone.

He alienated his fanbase by disappearing for many months from DMDN and KCAA, and who knows who else. In the beginning I actually enjoyed his show more than Art/MITD.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 04, 2018, 12:08:55 AM

So does he.

Doomed

Quote from: spookcat on June 03, 2018, 07:17:30 PM
I recall some conversation on one show where they called HW and said they didn't have any kids, and no immediate family, so they were going to send her their heirlooms and stuff because she's "like a daughter to them". It's all very sad, really.
Heater will need that stuff when her little boat sinks. I forsee a trip, or two, to the pawnshop.

Lilith

Quote from: username on June 04, 2018, 12:12:28 AM
Very good, this is a field I really love. Oh yes..... I understand completely, the live aspect is the best. You need to jump in the chat room one of these nights. Star usually shows up every full moon.

I will most likely show up this coming Sat after Spooky Tim.  Consequences be damned.  ;D

Chefist was on his game last night!!!

WhiteCrow

Quote from: WOTR on June 03, 2018, 07:49:43 PM
...And this is how rumours get started. ;)

Whitecrow had typed that "Heather and Noory have one BIg thing in common..."  I assumed the capital letters had some importance in his communication.  8)

That is correct..the  capital "B"  is important! And I don't post rumors. I speculate using geometric logic.

Unknowing is everything. There's only love.

https://youtu.be/ZlV3oQ3pLA0

Corona Kitty

Quote from: brig on June 04, 2018, 01:33:06 AM
I will most likely show up this coming Sat after Spooky Tim.  Consequences be damned.  ;D

Chefist was on his game last night!!!

Very cool, indeed chefist came in sharp.

Nobody

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 02, 2018, 10:27:07 PM
As a moralist,

Whoa, hang on, I never said I was a moralist: I said I was a moral absolutist.

What's the difference?  A "moralist" is defined as:

QuoteA person who teaches or promotes morality.

I don't have anything to teach; can't think of anything I'd care to promote, either.  I used the term "moral absolutist" because that was the only phrase I could think of to define the way I live: by choosing a set of values and not doing deals with myself as to why I am going to ignore them "just this one time" because I am faced with a boss, business deal, or other proposition that comes into conflict with them.

That is all.  I am not here to sell anything and I'm certainly not here to try and steer around someone else's life; steering my own around is quite enough to satisfy me.

perhaps you can help figure out what the moral is, or at least where it is going. 

I know this is going to sound perfectly frightful, but that seems to me a perfect exercise in futility.  Not only has this affair not played out yet, but because there is a member of the Gaga Brigade involved, I have no way whatever of hoping to be able to second-guess them.  I can manage is to be half-gaga, sometimes (I'm writing this post, aren't I?) but only for a limited period.

I think we can agree that, with the way things have unfolded up to this point, half-gaga simply is not good enough to cope with any of this.

In a nutshell, I think this is going to end in a way none of us can foresee.  So while you are free to do as you wish, I don't feel the need to make the effort because I am at the point where my Sympathy Gland is completely exhausted and I don't particularly care how it turns out. *shrugs*

It has to be some variation of "be careful what you wish for", since the granting of her long-standing wish to be on the radio and close to Art is the single most remarkable thing about her. 

In your view.  In mine, the most remarkable thing about H. Wade is her breathtaking lack of character.  For someone who seems to have adopted the shtick of "bravely fighting through the tears," I can't say I have found her act the least convincing.

I understand fully that Art was the center of her universe.  At the same time, I have to wonder just what it was she spent the 2.5 weeks before she got fired doing.  Did she lay curled up in a corner fouling herself for the whole time?  It doesn't sound like it.  We can deduce from the fact that her cats are still alive that she fed them.  We also know she wasn't so racked with grief that she was incapable of thinking about her job.  Her now-notorious, "bash the hell out of that guest host" post:

...demonstrates that she was fully capable of thinking about both her job and her future.

Funny that.

Heather recently informed us on-air that "90 percent of everything is showing up."  Why someone who clearly enjoys being the center of attention (and, indeed, insists upon it) neglected to show up to immediately take advantage of a prime opportunity like the death of her mentor is a mystery to me. 

Perhaps I am not as well-endowed in the empathy department as I thought I was.

But I think as far as she can see, she's doing it right, showing up, talking about herself, rubbing shoulders with strange people like Art did, and it's mostly haters who've turned against her. 

If, by "hater," you mean someone who has tried very hard to like Heather, only for her to make it an utterly impossible task, then yes: I am a Heater Hater.

Does a moral have to be understood?  Cuz I don't think she's capable.

Beats me.  All I can say for certain is that I am no longer capable of rationalising spending any further time on this mess. 

BTW I listened to Rollye up through PBS's call, and I guess shows where regular callers talk about how their week went and their health complaints and their pets must be a thing. 

It's true that there was some emotional show-and-tell in Rollye's programme.  However, I encourage you to listen to the entire show because it can take some time for the listener to develop an appreciation of how Rollye is not dependent on the how-was-your-week exchanges to make her show work.

Heather is not only dependent on such exchanges to fill in the time, but the type of people who call into Heather's show are such colourless drabs that I found it quite impossible to care how their week went because, frankly, their lives seem to be entirely devoid of interest.  Just how many, "Want to know how cute my cat is?  I bet you can't guess!"- type stories can you hear before your ears start to bleed?

I was curious to see if Heather was going to do anything different in this latest incarnation of her irrepressibly dull and awful show.  Well, it turns out that her idea of "different" is to add a Fat Man with a Box Fanâ,,¢impression to her unconvincing Art Bell impression and call it a podcast. 

For some people that is enough.  We all have to take our pleasure where we can find it and I cannot count myself among those who take pleasure in what has quickly deteriorated into Cat Chat in the Desertâ,,¢.  It's not that I don't enjoy a rousing game of Kick the Unpleasant Half-Wit whenever one presents itself, only that my kicking leg needs a rest.

Best of luck to everyone who is sticking around to watch the bomb bay doors open on Heather's latest effort. *waves*

bellNwhistle

Quote from: SpookyTim on June 03, 2018, 11:46:57 AM
Actually, I take that back. Their iPods are ONLY filled with Art-approved bumper music. It's that important to them.

Hi Paul.

Did you switch up the link last night? LOL I started giving it a listen this morning (the same one I already had open), and it was unavailable. I'm not totally helpless, so I just went to your actual YouTube page and found it.. but what gives? :P  You can't do that to a girl who desperately needs coffee.

One of the people I follow on Instagram lived right down the street from Sirhan Sirhan and his mother as a kid. Her mom and sister saw him drive off from his house that day, just before the murder. He was very friendly with the neighborhood kids, apparently.  I asked her thoughts on RFK's death and his involvement, and she and her sister both said that you never really know what can happen to a person to cause them to do things like this. But their experiences with him were all very positive.

ponyboysunset

Well I am back home safely. Thanks to all of you who expressed condolences. It was a life changing experience and has made me look at things a little differently. People squabble over the most petty stuff, myself included. Going to work on that. But enough of the new age be a better person crap it looks like things are more or less the same around here. Heather is doing her thing and DS is doing his. Oh for those interested in true crime I found a podcast called Generation Why which is all about true crime and it's free. Free and good are two of my favorite things.  ;D