• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Sean92008

So, any numbers on listenership of the competing MitDs?

comaphobe

Quote from: trostol on May 29, 2018, 05:51:45 PM
i still listen to the first 4 and Garage Days albums..anything else is pure..garbage

They recorded Ride The Lightning slow and sped it up during playback. Everything is up a step. <cheatcode enabled>

On And Justice For All the drums were recorded in small sections and spliced together like modern pop singers do. Lars sucks.

I still like KEA with the original tracklist but will never listen to Seek And Destroy again, too long and boring.

I like RTL too even though they cheated to make speedier songs.

Kirk seems nice but he actually sucks at leads. Like Lars, he gave up practicing his instrument. Mantas from Venom evolved and grew, so did Gary from Exodus, but Kirk bought a Crybaby and turned lame after AJFA. Lars is just as plain.

Chuck Biscuits and Dave Lombardo, those were A+ drummers in heavy bands. And like the band or not but Charlie from Anthrax was always really good.

Jimmy DeGrasso and Nick Menza were also really good speedmetal drummers who played with Suicidal Tendencies and Megadeth at their peaks. I think DeGrasso played with both bands. Check out S.T. Live in Madrid 1993 on YouCensor. The band is on fire but singer Mike is out of breath from the first verse onward, it's still really good.

Multi-cam + Soundboard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsDwaZGsHwM

munbeam666

Quote from: Juan on May 29, 2018, 04:34:51 PM
Ah, Joe Pyne. The snowflakes would never allow him on the air today. Here, he interviews George Lincoln Rockwell - head of the American Nazi Party.  Yes, this was on normal commercial radio.
http://youtu.be/2uMqxAlnOBM
I used to listen to Joe Pyne when I was a teenager in the 1960s. My neighbor (across the street from my family) was the famous 'Botchi Colucci', nicknamed by old Joe himself. He was an engineer for Joe's show, and Joe, for obvious reasons, hated him, as he  would belittle him much of the time when he was on air. My neighbor, hardly a 'snowflake' told me that Joe was a raving asshole.
True story

Nobody

Quote from: Friday on May 29, 2018, 06:17:37 PM
I think the Bell Witch is trolling by introducing all guests as her friend.

The gormless interviewing the tasteless.

comaphobe

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 29, 2018, 06:21:40 PM

Dave: 11,573
Heater: 153 (129 are Bellgabbers)

weeberwubber

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 29, 2018, 06:21:40 PM

When I looked at this link about 20 minutes into Heather's show it said 870 current listeners. I would imagine a much lower number tonight. http://69.162.103.66:8003/

Quote from: comaphobe on May 29, 2018, 06:32:19 PM
Dave: 11,573
Heater: 153 (129 are Bellgabbers)
No,No, that can't be right, Heather has a Billion listeners in over a Million countries.

Lowbot

There is a certain type of post on FB that Heather will respond to in a timely manner.

albrecht

Quote from: comaphobe on May 29, 2018, 06:28:52 PM
They recorded Ride The Lightning slow and sped it up during playback. Everything is up a step. <cheatcode enabled>

On And Justice For All the drums were recorded in small sections and spliced together like modern pop singers do. Lars sucks.

I still like KEA with the original tracklist but will never listen to Seek And Destroy again, too long and boring.

I like RTL too even though they cheated to make speedier songs.

Kirk seems nice but he actually sucks at leads. Like Lars, he gave up practicing his instrument. Mantas from Venom evolved and grew, so did Gary from Exodus, but Kirk bought a Crybaby and turned lame after AJFA. Lars is just as plain.

Chuck Biscuits and Dave Lombardo, those were A+ drummers in heavy bands. And like the band or not but Charlie from Anthrax was always really good.

Jimmy DeGrasso and Nick Menza were also really good speedmetal drummers who played with Suicidal Tendencies and Megadeth at their peaks. I think DeGrasso played with both bands. Check out S.T. Live in Madrid 1993 on YouCensor. The band is on fire but singer Mike is out of breath from the first verse onward, it's still really good.

Multi-cam + Soundboard

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Exodus_members

If you go to wikipedia or metal sites it is funny to look at the spreadsheets of certain bands and how they change, merge, etc over time.
Going to see Slayer with Lamb of God, Anthrax, Behemoth, Testament in about a month. Should be fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlTXI1W10y4&list=RDrlTXI1W10y4&t=38

Bart Ell

Looks like level #Falkie has been reached.

Bluejay

Quote from: Tommie Knocker on May 29, 2018, 06:34:07 PM
No,No, that can't be right, Heather has a Billion listeners in over a Million countries.

Bart Ell

He will gladly explain to you that all the TuneIn listeners only count as one on their Icecast server.
He would like you to believe TuneIn does something more than just provide a link and, magically, rebroadcasts them.

Quote from: Bart Ell on May 29, 2018, 06:37:03 PM
Looks like level #Falkie has been reached.

So for $50 you get access to just Vara's show's archives or the entire network's portfolio of  shows?

Asking for like...no one...............

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 29, 2018, 04:33:09 PM
Careful. You'll set K-Dubb off. He won't take this lying down. We'll get his chocolate box lyrics in acrostic form next.

Her eyes were the eyes of a camel,
Each ear was the ear of a dog.
Art burned for this strange hybrid mammal
To which he became pedagogue.
Her lip was decidedly downy
E'en though she was clearly a girl.
Respected was he in Nye county
When he made his compound her world.
Again to the cuckshed, my darling,
Determined to learn all you can,
EEK

Lowbot

Someday, maybe, there's going to be a guest that Heather doesn't refer to as "my friend and guest", and that person is going to feel sad. So, so sad.

comaphobe

You are correct, I had the wrong numbers. I made corrections:

Dave: 25,674 listeners in 42 countries
Heater: One billion listeners in one million countries
Hoagie: 1,734,589 listeners in 574 countries

Cowkiller

So this is the punchline?  I dont imagine heather will pull that many subscribers and if she does, shes gonna want that money which means....  How'd I get pulled in to this mess?

lol, Vara's network is about to go tits up. sad.

teknoslag

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 29, 2018, 06:43:51 PM
Her eyes were the eyes of a camel,
Each ear was the ear of a dog.
Art burned for this strange hybrid mammal
To which he became pedagogue.
Her lip was decidedly downy
E'en though she was clearly a girl.
Respected was he in Nye county
When he made his compound her world.
Again to the cuckshed, my darling,
Determined to learn all you can,
EEK

weeberwubber

Quote from: Richard Groyper on May 29, 2018, 06:51:34 PM

If only we weren't all a bunch of useless eaters.

Ghost

Quote from: teknoslag on May 29, 2018, 06:58:04 PM

THEN DIE!!

(My favorite movie of all time! It has lots of ‘ghosts’.)

So let me get this straight, I can subscribe and get all of his shows and then post them on my private web site and let people pirate them.

Metron2267

Quote from: munbeam666 on May 29, 2018, 06:29:06 PM
I used to listen to Joe Pyne when I was a teenager in the 1960s. My neighbor (across the street from my family) was the famous 'Botchi Colucci', nicknamed by old Joe himself. He was an engineer for Joe's show, and Joe, for obvious reasons, hated him, as he  would belittle him much of the time when he was on air. My neighbor, hardly a 'snowflake' told me that Joe was a raving asshole.
True story

Oh he had to be, for sure.

But damn if he couldn't stir the shit at a time when America was really uptight and Lawrence Welk'd out.

Metron2267

Quote from: weeberwubber on May 29, 2018, 06:33:33 PM
When I looked at this link about 20 minutes into Heather's show it said 870 current listeners. I would imagine a much lower number tonight. http://69.162.103.66:8003/

Hey thanks for that link, looks my guesstimate of a dozen was a bit of a 'short call.'

;)

Ghost

I forced my housemates to listen to Vera’s dribble last night. We couldn’t make heads or tails of his ‘Mars Jumping, tarot reading, Libra astrologer’ guest. She had our heads spinning!

I can’t grasp all those ‘troll’ commercials Vara runs. Is he talking just to us on BG?

Metron2267

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on May 29, 2018, 06:40:54 PM
So for $50 you get access to just Vara's show's archives or the entire network's portfolio of  shows?

Asking for like...no one...............

Didja ever wonder if anyone is sending Vara "packages"?

:o

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 29, 2018, 05:33:50 PM
Indeed yes.

I wonder if radio has its own "casting couch" - odd that hasn't been thrashed in the recent media purges...

I am on record as NOT A Dr. Laura fan, what a snippy, cold fish she was...

You scratch my back I'll scratch your back

Metron2267

Between his and KGRA I know where I'd put my money, if it came to that... ???

Metron2267

Quote from: weeberwubber on May 29, 2018, 07:03:50 PM
If only we weren't all a bunch of useless eaters.

Yabutt we keep the grass trimmed down purty well...