• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Nobody on May 29, 2018, 05:10:40 PM
I Understand entirely.  None of this stuff is intuitive and learning it can take some time no matter what your age might be.  :)

If you run into problems, there is a "How to use BellGab" forum here:

http://bellgab.com/index.php?board=9.0

If you don't see what you need, hit the "new topic" button near the upper-right corner and start a new topic.

(Just stay away from the Toilet Duck and you'll be fine.)  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJpVJfdoO4c

Never mind this twaddle. Start encouraging him to make videos randomly berating people for not sending money. I like the cut of this guy's jib.

For the love of god someone tell Heather to pay someone a few bucks to build her website. There are other sites. It really wouldn’t cost much at all, and she should strike while she still has somewhat of an audience. Get the subscription service at least set up. She’s had months and that webpage is the best they can come up with? My 1994 Geocities website looked better.

https://www.toptal.com

Father Jack

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 29, 2018, 05:21:47 PM
Never mind this twaddle. Start encouraging him to make videos randomly berating people for not sending money. I like the cut of this guy's jib.

Father Jack, my favorite character from Father Ted. Irascible, perpetually drunk old reprobate. His main utterance was "feck, arse, drink, girls". I aspire to be like him.

Cowkiller

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 29, 2018, 05:16:43 PM
LRB!  Boy, that brings back memories.  They came to my work one day, a bunch of cool dudes.  They were like kids, enthusiastic.  I wish I grew up like them...  Unless they were coked-up 😀
Nice, your lucky.  I'm sure they've been through it all.  Seem like humble souls too.  When come showtime, they is professional.

Dyna-X

Quote from: trostol on May 29, 2018, 05:14:54 PM

and yet..Lars still has a job
LOL! Had a friend in high school that was a huge Metallica fan. He looked like Lars and played drums, imitating his style. He ended up driving a tow truck. I don't know that he has touched a drum at any time in the last 20 years.

trostol

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 29, 2018, 05:28:41 PM
LOL! Had a friend in high school that was a huge Metallica fan. He looked like Lars and played drums, imitating his style. He ended up driving a tow truck. I don't know that he has touched a drum at any time in the last 20 years.

exactly what Lars should be doing lol

Cowkiller

Quote from: nooryisawesome on May 29, 2018, 05:24:19 PM
For the love of god someone tell Heather to pay someone a few bucks to build her website. There are other sites. It really wouldn’t cost much at all, and she should strike while she still has somewhat of an audience. Get the subscription service at least set up. She’s had months and that webpage is the best they can come up with? My 1994 Geocities website looked better.

Hey, shes having it rough, volunteer effort.  Money goes for cat food.

Metron2267

Quote from: Cowkiller on May 29, 2018, 04:34:21 PM
Used to listen to her on kpfk in LA.  Shes good into positive thinking and health.  I could never imagine her doing Bigfoot, or conspiracy, or other dark subjects.  I figure George met her doing the rounds when he made LA his base and liked her health/positive slant.

I like her and her sister Terri!

ShayP

Quote from: trostol on May 29, 2018, 05:30:27 PM

LMAO!!!!  Yep.  ;D

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Father Jack on May 29, 2018, 05:26:42 PM
Father Jack, my favorite character from Father Ted. Irascible, perpetually drunk old reprobate. His main utterance was "feck, arse, drink, girls". I aspire to be like him.

Not too much, though. The actor's dead.

Cowkiller

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 29, 2018, 05:31:03 PM
I like her and her sister Terri!
To be honest, i miss living in LA, its a fun city, mostly.

Metron2267

Quote from: username on May 29, 2018, 04:46:31 PM
Her radio career wasn't hot starting... She had a good run towards the end... However it wasn't until she was on TV, when she truly made it.

I don't know about opportunities, but it helps who you know. I think we can all agree on that.

Indeed yes.

I wonder if radio has its own "casting couch" - odd that hasn't been thrashed in the recent media purges...

I am on record as NOT A Dr. Laura fan, what a snippy, cold fish she was...

Metron2267

Quote from: Cowkiller on May 29, 2018, 05:32:33 PM
To be honest, i miss living in LA, its a fun city, mostly.

Well don't look back or you may end up like Lot's wife...

I do like Santa Cruz and Watsonville quite a bit.

Nobody

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 29, 2018, 04:13:40 PM
As much as we joke about Vara, on any other day he would probably fit right in at Bellgab

Fit right in?  I thought he was the site owner.  :(

Father Jack

Not too much, though. The actor's dead.

SV,
There are those who claim that I am. Who am I to deny it?

Metron2267

Quote from: BettyO417 on May 29, 2018, 04:50:14 PM
Wow, all this talking about music.  I agree Metron2267 the Who along with the Stones and a few other bands were played and played adnauseum!
All this took me back to the days of concerts and the amazing bands we were able to see for a pittance.
I'm dating myself and yes maybe my age in number looks/sounds old, but hell I feel 25 years younger! So with that said 1973 Led Zepplin Tampa Stadium $6.00. Tour for Stairway to Heaven. Jimmy Page jamming on his double neck guitar what a weekend!!

ELO Hollywood Sportatorium 1977 can't remember the ticket price, but one hellva light show as with Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon!! Holy Crap if I could time travel!!
Emerson, Lake and Palmer, Moody Blues, Jethro Tull it was an era of excellence!!
The smoke was good, not so strong you'd pass out.  If that was the case mescaline and microdot was at hand... Loved the hash around that time too!
Okay, a walk down memory lane.. Until tonight Peace out!

Awesome!

Joe Walsh, Byrds, Marshall Tucker Band, Clapton, The Allman Bros., Neil Young, Billy Cobham, George Duke, Michael Martin Murphy,  I mean the list goes on and on...

Wish I'd seen U2 and Pink Floyd.

Cowkiller

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 29, 2018, 05:35:07 PM

I do like Santa Cruz and Watsonville quite a bit.
Old santa cruz, prunedale,aromas,  san juan bautista,. Ahhhh yes

Cowkiller

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 29, 2018, 05:35:07 PM

What happened to Lots wife?  She end up downtown on crack?

Dyna-X

Quote from: trostol on May 29, 2018, 05:30:27 PM
Metallica = Cookie Monster Rock. Though perhaps out of sentimentality, I still like the instrumentals Orion and The Call of Ktulu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8NOuwcT8Qs

trostol

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 29, 2018, 05:50:26 PM
Metallica = Cookie Monster Rock. Though perhaps out of sentimentality, I still like the instrumentals Orion and The Call of Ktulu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8NOuwcT8Qs

i still listen to the first 4 and Garage Days albums..anything else is pure..garbage

Sean92008

Quote from: Cowkiller on May 29, 2018, 05:30:30 PM
Hey, shes having it rough, volunteer effort.  Money goes for cat food.
Dropping dollars to chase pennies.

Nobody

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 29, 2018, 05:21:47 PM
Never mind this twaddle. Start encouraging him to make videos randomly berating people for not sending money.

And create a situation where I have to wear a Tyvek suit and respirator on BG outside the Fat Man with a Box Fanâ,,¢ thread?  Not a chance, pal.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 29, 2018, 03:12:56 PM
Ouch!

Hey, if this asshole put anything out even resembling the Wrecking Crew I'd probably remain silent but this was just some hack shit. My point is, it goes on more than you think. Well, not you but your average person not working in that arena.

timebandit

I know.. didn't have a live link to last night's show either..she does have a lot on her plate though

Nobody

For the love of god someone tell Heather to pay someone a few bucks to build her website.

Speaking of which, if you go there right now, you'll find this:

QuoteMay 29, 2018 â€" Joshua P. Warren â€" Finding Your Magick

Does this mean Heather will be spending four hours telling J. Pee Warren how she doesn't believe in magic(k) anymore?  :o

(Oh, and take a shufti at the new favicon while you're there, too.  Top-hole!)  ::)

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 29, 2018, 10:07:08 AM

Three hours I'll never get back. It was wrong on so many levels.. The first thirty minutes with her almost sobbing but trying to sound upbeat. The rest some old fart droning on about shoulder blade assemblage or some such. The high point was when he suggested they didn't have enough time to discuss the next thrilling installment and she clearly aware that there would be one hell of a lot of dead air blurted out "Oh yes we have".

I do appreciate this fine summary.  I won't bother with the download    :)

Sean92008

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 29, 2018, 05:56:58 PM
Hey, if this asshole put anything out even resembling the Wrecking Crew I'd probably remain silent but this was just some hack shit. My point is, it goes on more than you think. Well, not you but your average person not working in that arena.
My experiences haven't been as much musicianship as it was personality control. Drugs, risky behavior and assholery...

I ran in relatively simple music circles.  Brit-pop, mainly.

Friday

I think the Bell Witch is trolling by introducing all guests as her friend.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 29, 2018, 04:13:40 PM
I'm beginning to think radio world stardom, even minor planetdom has a deleterious effect on nearly all who get near it. Take any intelligent and basically good-hearted person with a good voice and a few personality flaws like anyone might have and put them behind the mic with an audience and what comes out the other end is McDonald's pink goo, narcissism and banality.

As much as we joke about Vara, on any other day he would probably fit right in at Bellgab or more than likely at the bar (Since his writing is terrible). Maybe he would be like an Akwilly.  If Heather was still (Redacted) she would still be someone most everyone would enjoy reading.

Dave probably has changed the least by radio. He would likely be the kind you would meet in a coffee shop with Winnie and spend the afternoon talking about the mysteries of life, while their kids got into mostly harmless trouble and devoured pie. In radio-land he instinctively cuts out the chit chat aspect and probably speaks faster than in the coffee shop.

What the fuck?