• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 18, 2018, 09:44:41 PM
That's been fixed and I will be writing the info each day about the actual topic going forward.

DS

You da man!!! :D

SciFiAuthor

Not to be mean to Illinois, but coming from Missouri, crossing the bridge it immediately feels like you've entered the land of oppression and sadness.

Jojo

Quote from: soulburner on May 18, 2018, 03:09:39 AM
Hey, everyone, I need help. The last time I was here this thread had around 2800 pages. Now it's at level 3404 and it's just impossible to catch up.

Please, is there any possibility of a summary of the last few days, at least since when Heather got back on the radio? On which network did she appear on, was her show cringeworthy or good? Is there any more interesting drama surrounding the whole thing?

Thank you in advance.

Any sort of GabCast to summarize the whole thing?
Me too!

Mr Apnea

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 18, 2018, 10:15:34 PM
**Error Alert**
Our Sun is not massive enough to go supernova.

Yup,  just nova when it pops a shell at iron collapse.

chefist

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 18, 2018, 10:06:28 PM

Which show? I've no idea what you're talking about dear boy.

Sorry. Before Dave Schrader. Forget it... ;D

Art was stirring Heather's guts with his meat spoon.

Quote from: bateman on May 18, 2018, 10:12:57 PM
Ever read Borderland Beat? That site alone has given me nightmares.

Nope, I can imagine though. I saw that kid get flayed alive after they made him watch his father get beheaded. That demonic Aztec blood god shit is alive and well.

K_Dubb

The subduction zone off Oregon goes off about every 250 years; last one was in 1700.

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 18, 2018, 10:19:18 PM
The subduction zone off Oregon goes off about every 250 years; last one was in 1700.

uh oh.

SciFiAuthor

Hmmm. Expansion of the sun isn't so much the problem, the increasing luminosity of the sun will get us far before that does. This planet only has a few hundred million years left before it won't be able to support life.

GravitySucks

ERROR ALERT

It is the VAN ALLEN BELTS. NOT VAN RYAN.

El Chorro

This fellow could do with a good burp

bateman

Quote from: malachi.martini on May 18, 2018, 10:18:38 PM
Nope, I can imagine though. I saw that kid get flayed alive after they made him watch his father get beheaded. That demonic Aztec blood god shit is alive and well.

I think I watched that same one, unless it's SOP down there.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 18, 2018, 10:20:47 PM
Hmmm. Expansion of the sun isn't so much the problem, the increasing luminosity of the sun will get us far before that does. This planet only has a few hundred million years left before it won't be able to support life.

Will that be before the next Gabcast?

aldousburbank

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 18, 2018, 10:19:18 PM

I'm in the Pacific Northwest for the weekend. I hope it can wait for a few days.

chefist

DAVE: scientists have been saying we will run out of food, overpopulation, Armageddon since the 19th century...

Technology has always advanced to prevent these issues...why should we believe there is a "dead end"?

Death rates continue to fall world wide...where is the evidence?

trostol

so you're saying i have some time?

comaphobe

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 18, 2018, 10:21:36 PM
ERROR ALERT

It is the VAN ALLEN BELTS. NOT VAN RYAN.

George would have called it the Van Halen belt.

yoursongs

Why is HW's main call in line based in MINNEAPOLIS, MN (952) area code?
1st time caller line based in NEVADA (775) area code.
Why is HW's special caller line based in NEW MEXICO? (575) area code?

hmmmm

Dyna-X

By statistics, there are dozens of disasters lurking far before we get through the next several hundred thousand years. And  those are just the natural ones.

That was nice of Noory to come on here and give Dave a boost.  Is absence making my heart grow fonder?

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 18, 2018, 10:22:22 PM

Will that be before the next Gabcast?

No, I think there's one tomorrow night actually. MV's going to interview someone as I recall.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: yoursongs on May 18, 2018, 10:23:26 PM
Why is HW's main call in line based in MINNEAPOLIS, MN (952) area code?
1st time caller line based in NEVADA (775) area code.
Why is HW's special caller line based in NEW MEXICO? (575) area code?

hmmmm

.....and her special "Do you want to be Heather's gimp for the night" line is based in the Chicken ranch.

Bart Ell

Quote from: chefist on May 18, 2018, 10:22:36 PM
DAVE: scientists have been saying we will run out of food

Falkie must be a scientist since he says the same thing.
The secret to saving the world is donations.
And the PD in COPD will always be Pee'd Dog to me now.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: trostol on May 18, 2018, 10:22:52 PM
so you're saying i have some time?

A few hundred million years. Then the oceans boil from the more luminous sun.

Skies are already up to 20% darker thanks to global dimming, we moved a whole aperture stop on a camera from the times of Ansel Adams. We can buy a couple decades if we go harder, lol.

Bart Ell

Quote from: comaphobe on May 18, 2018, 10:23:07 PM
George would have called it the Van Halen belt.

George would have called it the Fleetwood Mac suspenders.

Dyna-X

Dave, its not antigravity that is the issue, its long term life in microgravity. This and radiation.