• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Gnoory

Hey there....hope all is well....Dave is doing a great job .....

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 18, 2018, 09:08:02 PM
That network seems to be a bunch of publishing wash-outs, fake mail order pastors, drunks or combinations therof. Yikes.
You got that right about the fake mail order pastors and they will ban you if you ask.

Aquarius

Quote from: comaphobe on May 18, 2018, 08:54:30 PM
They worked on my old android. I have been using a windows phone for 3 years. Totally incompatible piece of shit but the battery lasts a week. I have dropped it over 500 times and will use it until it bricks itself or malfunctions somehow.

OMG, you're the other person still using a windows phone! Egads! Mine simply will not die. I replaced the battery myself, and the mini-usb plug, and now I fear it will live forever! Ok, so emails load slowly, some websites won't load, and many newer apps are not available for windows phone (gee, I wonder why?), but oh well. I did have to get an inexpensive LG android phone just to use an app our big area hospital uses to track patients real-time during surgery and after (awesome), including a very helpful gps/map system for the hospital interior itself (find the cafeteria? Not so easy... app helped!) when my other half had a successful surgery there.

Ok, so the radar works better, email loads like a dream, everything works better, even dropbox works... but I, troglodyte that I am, still haven't switched over. Just deleted hokey ghost radar app on LG phone as I needed more space <g>. Ah well.

Mr Apnea

Quote from: Gnoory on May 18, 2018, 09:09:25 PM

Yup,

Heater,  Vara and mini-me, not so good.

Dyna-X

Hi George. No need to be afraid of a fire breathing housecat ;) Thanks for stopping in, and yes Dave is doing well :)

Bluejay

Hey, George!

SnapT

So are you, Mr. Noory! Great at SHOWING UP FOR WORK!

El Chorro

Quote from: Mr Apnea on May 18, 2018, 09:11:07 PM
Yup,

Heater,  Vara and mini-me, not so good.

Hey George! Listening to the panther guy right now. I thought panthers were like bears...just regular animals. So I'm confused.

chefist

Heather not on with MV2...another bait and switch like Baby Joey...Jesus these people have no shame...liars...

Doomed

He is indeed George. Hope all is well with you.

Chad Jacobs

Quote from: Catsmile on May 18, 2018, 06:29:45 PM
I reckon respect is relative, like a lot of emotional things in life. Norri shows up to his job, does what hes told. As a kid I was told. "Just showing up for your job on time everyday is 90% of almost any job." A fair number of people can't even accomplish showing up, let alone be self-motivated enough to do whats expected of them, without supervision.

Back to relativistic respect. Could it be the level of respect attributed to norri, by you is a simple default position? A position born out of a lack of knowledge about his personal life? Compounded by good job attendance, and his lack of getting entangled in petty dramas, at least in public? 

Asking 4 A Friend.   
I also have great respect for GN and your points represent a good summary of many of the reasons. However, there are others:
a.  He is genuinely nice to most callers and expresses empathy for many of them when they express distressing personal situations.
b. He goes out of his way to promote "new and upcoming" musical artists (not one of my favorite shows, but its a nice gesture).
c. He gives "fill in hosts" like Schrader and others a chance to gain national exposure.
d. He keeps hosts like Schrader and Knapp who are more entertaining than he is "around" when other hosts wouldn't for fear of being "outshone". 
e. He served his country in the Navy.
f. I honestly find him more entertaining than in years past he has improved. Often I will listen to his show for compelling guests or for alternative perspectives on news events of the day.
These things may not make him my favorite host, but they do earn my respect.

Gnoory

All well enjoy the show tonight......and have a great weekend Bellgabbers!

SnapT

Quote from: Gnoory on May 18, 2018, 09:14:45 PM
LOL I am that!

George Senda says hello!  I hope you will stop into his livestream happening now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lltpOSwI0Lc

Catsmile

Quote from: chefist on May 18, 2018, 05:59:44 PM
Is the cult of personality and fame enough to make an old, unattractive rich guy appealing to a younger woman? I'm not talking about just a sugar daddy, but actually being "in love" and having a physical relationship.

It's just all so bizarre...

# Really knows zero about women.
# Define Love.
# Now Define Love for someone else.
# How Do You Know If You Are In Love?

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Gnoory on May 18, 2018, 09:17:06 PM

Later Nighthawk

Magpie

Hi George.  Hope all is well with you.  Dave is doing great, you scouted some pretty good talent with this guy!

Catsmile

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 18, 2018, 06:01:40 PM
Worst threesome ever. Still listening to that interview. First post from my new iPad. Huge screen for us geriatric folks over 40  ;D

# Wait until it's harder to hold because of it's larger size.
# MacFags
# PCMasterRace
:P

Lilith

Same to you George.  Thanks for visiting bellgab  ;D

comaphobe

Quote from: Aquarius on May 18, 2018, 09:09:52 PM
OMG, you're the other person still using a windows phone! Egads! Mine simply will not die. I replaced the battery myself, and the mini-usb plug, and now I fear it will live forever! Ok, so emails load slowly, some websites won't load, and many newer apps are not available for windows phone (gee, I wonder why?), but oh well. I did have to get an inexpensive LG android phone just to use an app our big area hospital uses to track patients real-time during surgery and after (awesome), including a very helpful gps/map system for the hospital interior itself (find the cafeteria? Not so easy... app helped!) when my other half had a successful surgery there.

Ok, so the radar works better, email loads like a dream, everything works better, even dropbox works... but I, troglodyte that I am, still haven't switched over. Just deleted hokey ghost radar app on LG phone as I needed more space <g>. Ah well.

I had to get a new battery last summer. I dropped my phone one day and the back popped off, the battery shot out as it usually does when ot hits the floor, and the battery went through the same portal as a Malaysian airliner. Just vanished. So I had to get another windows phone just so I could have the battery. But the new one was locked so I still use my old one which has no corners left, has a broken backplate, and cracked screen shaped like a peace symbol. Its the most abused looking datamining device that I have ever used.

I typically use Opera Mini for Internet. Good data savings and faster loadtimes. Some sites do not work. Some sites with logins won't let me press a login button. Like reverb and kijiji which I use often and are worthless when not logged in. Both sites used to work fine until last summer.

App development stopped before I even owned this POS.

Aquarius

Quote from: comaphobe on May 18, 2018, 09:23:45 PM

I had to get a new battery last summer. I dropped my phone one day and the back popped off, the battery shot out as it usually does when ot hits the floor, and the battery went through the same portal as a Malaysian airliner. Just vanished. So I had to get another windows phone just so I could have the battery. But the new one was locked so I still use my old one which has no corners left, has a broken backplate, and cracked screen shaped like a peace symbol. Its the most abused looking datamining device that I have ever used.

I typically use Opera Mini for Internet. Good data savings and faster loadtimes. Some sites do not work. Some sites with logins won't let me press a login button. Like reverb and kijiji which I use often and are worthless when not logged in. Both sites used to work fine until last summer.

App development stopped before I even owned this POS.

I think Windows phones are a weird kind of fetish, not unlike trying to listen to MV2 ranting, though frankly I prefer the agony of dealing with Windows phone, it's a more satisfying weirdness. I've had it forever, still in clean shape over many drops, and still use it as my  main phone though I also use a great up to date android tablet and the low-end really nice LG phone occasionally. Go figure.

Catsmile

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 18, 2018, 06:02:33 PM
Far be it for her to ever be interesting. It's not like it's her job.

Which begs the question. What was her real job on the compound?

#

# HEY-OH

teknoslag

Quote from: Sharonnkat on May 18, 2018, 08:31:33 PM
With all this drama about personal lives, I am curious about one thing. Where are art’s kids in all of this?  The older 3?

If you ever want to hold on to a 100% positive image of Art, never ask that question.  ;D ;D

Dateline

Ugckkkkk (clears throat).   I hate to break into the middle of your playful banter, but there are volumes of posts here, and I cannot even begin to read through them to find this one important, but tidbit, of information. 

Question, have they gotten the results back on the autopsy of Art and what were the results if it was completed?

Carry on.

GravitySucks

Hey George. I know I give you a lot of shit but it was a class act calling in to the Gabcast

timebandit

why have a website if your not going to update it?
and I'm enamored, imagine how the indifferent listeners feel.

#HeatherCoastGuard

Mr Apnea

Quote from: Dateline on May 18, 2018, 09:28:07 PM
Ugckkkkk (clears throat).   I hate to break into the middle of your playful banter, but there are volumes of posts here, and I cannot even begin to read through them to find this one important, but tidbit, of information. 

Question, have they gotten the results back on the autopsy of Art and what were the results if it was completed?

Carry on.

Not sure of Nevada rules, might have to wait for death certificate.

Dyna-X

Quote from: Dateline on May 18, 2018, 09:28:07 PM

Carry on.
I've kept up pretty well and have not seen anything about the autopsy.

trostol

have a good one GN