• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Metron2267

Quote from: Azzerae on May 15, 2018, 02:49:34 PM
Fascinating. Yes, I approach such things in a similar way. Your last line has really got me thinking now. Thanks for that, SV.

The limitations of our present 'solid reality' are exposed regularly and redefined constantly.

Maybe the blue pill isn't such a bad idea at all.

Continuity isn't safety, but it's not chaos either...I believe...

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 15, 2018, 02:49:53 PM
Pallid rationalization for pack behavior there.

See also: Punnett, Syrett, Wells, Schrader, etc.

a is jump

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 14, 2018, 11:20:19 PM

Carl has his panties all in a knot over wordpress. Fear not though, Lasha will help any way she can. Maybe she can tell him to double check the prescription of his glasses.

Stylesheet CSS... and "other CSS?"

Metron2267

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 15, 2018, 02:29:02 PM
Try and give me something to work with. You've been boring but I still haven't given up hope entirely. I'll just ignore you if this is all you have.

Works for me, scaling fish is easier when they go limp.

chefist

Quote from: zeebo on May 15, 2018, 02:52:24 PM
No offense to Chefist, because he clearly has good culinary taste, but nothing flavored with grapefruit is a "beer".  Same goes for maple, raspberry, chocolate, chili pepper, hazelnut, cinnamon, or pumpkin.  Those may be tasty beverages, but beer, my friends, tastes like beer.    :)

Ha...it really just uses the zest as an adjunct flavoring....more bitter to go with the hops. If you tried it in a blind taste test, you would not know it had citrus in it.

Metron2267

Quote from: malachi.martini on May 15, 2018, 02:52:49 PM

You forgot Hilly, Seagull, and Connie.

Metron2267

Quote from: chefist on May 15, 2018, 02:54:02 PM
Ha...it really just uses the zest as an adjunct flavoring....more bitter to go with the hops. If you tried it in a blind taste test, you would not know it had citrus in it.

I miss Zima. :-[

TigerLily

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 15, 2018, 08:01:57 AM
I'm a fan of the 'Children of the Night' line. I mean, duh, I love vampires and one of the places that this is from the Bram's Stoker's movie version which I love as well. Major Tide Pods for Good Dave referring to anything remotely vampiric.

Also I fall asleep listening to old Art episodes too.
So TigerLily we have that in common too.  ;)

Why do I get the impression there wouldn't be a lot of sleeping? But we could still keep an Art episode for background

#pillowfight

chefist

Quote from: malachi.martini on May 15, 2018, 02:52:49 PM

The OSOM thread has over 3800 pages...the most on BG...Haogie manages to turn BG detractors into fans.

chefist

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 15, 2018, 02:55:33 PM
I miss Zima. :-[

Double IPA's are NOT malt beverages like Zima...Jesus Christ.

ha.  ;D

zeebo

Quote from: chefist on May 15, 2018, 02:54:02 PM

Aha, cozying right up to the line but not crossing it, I see.  We're ok then sir.

TigerLily

Quote from: Bluejay on May 15, 2018, 08:53:48 AM
Perhaps HLW can relocate.  I hear there’s some newly-available bargain properties on the big island...

Oh noes! There goes Bad Dave's studio!

HumanBeing

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 15, 2018, 02:18:09 PM

Depending on which, thanks or bite me.

It was a serious compliment ever so slightly intermixed with my previous comment about Heather and her skills at making folks over the phone feel special.
But I get it. It is hard to discern a person's intent in a message without all the in real life cues.

You're welcome.

Rico999

Quote from: AstroBuzz on May 15, 2018, 02:31:02 PM
MITD was Heather's to succeed or fail and she failed to hold subscribers in the long run. The only thing helping her towards the end was Art propping her up.

Now that Art is gone she should've done HER OWN thing instead of using Art's name and image to promote herself but she knows she's nothing without that. She's a leech.

Keith did the right thing firing her. Dude has been on one Hell of a rollercoaster ride with Art and he deserves to keep his new network running and producing.

Like I said, she'd be better off using her radio experience and applying at some Rock n Roll radio station somewhere as a DJ because she's not going to make enough money doing what she's doing now.

She should just be thankful Art Bell gave her a crash course in hosting a radio show and take that training and look for work in radio elsewhere.

It's all turning into a sad spectacle on her behalf.

Move on Heather. If "you got it" like Art told you, you don't need to be using his name and likeness to promote yourself. YOU ARE THE VULTURE you accused others of being when they were just showing their respect to a radio legend.

Yeah.  And her unwillingness to do any kind of self promotion, like making personal appearances or get a new photo of herself done isn't in her favor.

Despite her talent limitations, she had a golden opportunity with Art to really grow MITD, but she blew that one.   Hell, by contrast, Noory is the king of self promotion and it's worked out well for him. 

Speaking of vultures, someone needs to ask her on open lines if she now takes back what she said about George Knapp...

HumanBeing

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 15, 2018, 02:26:12 PM
This may be the dumbest argument I've ever read.
LOL

Of our 11 kids, 4 are over the age of 20 and on their own.
My finances are fine, I work doing something I love and my wife works. We take care of our own.
Thanks for the concern and weird discussion.

Now pass the Tide pods and let's all be friends.

GravitySucks

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 15, 2018, 01:01:20 PM
I'm big into genealogy myself. It's a fun thing to do, if you have an interest for people and places (and family history).   One of my Scottish ancestors founded the first Presbyterian church in Butler county, Pennsylvania.

After having left the cult I was raised in  ::) I've come to learn that I have a shit-ton of direct ancestors who were ministers of some kind.  :-\  Not sure what I think of that. Oh well.

They were good records keepers

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 15, 2018, 02:15:26 PM
Dearth of Watney's Red Barrel...

:o

Awful stuff.. Wards was the tipple.

weeberwubber

Quote from: Kolchak on May 15, 2018, 02:21:46 PM
Meanwhile, in the Facebook nazi bunker...

Wait wait wait wait wait... is that Paul from Paul and Ella fame? If so, their last name is Leonard? Well, fuck a duck. Is that Paul and Ella?

HumanBeing

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 15, 2018, 02:30:49 PM
Lol, that's refreshing humor for this joint.

Oh wait till they tire of Heather and turn on you...and I'll wager a Cherry Dr. Pepper it won't take long in the relative scheme of these soaps.

;D

I'm not sure if you noticed but we all don't drink the same flavor kool-aid here. That's what makes this place fun to be a part of.
There is some folks here who already are expressing their opinion disfavoring Dave and vice versa.

Welcome to the big leagues. Keep posting often.

K_Dubb

Quote from: weeberwubber on May 15, 2018, 03:10:44 PM
Wait wait wait wait wait... is that Paul from Paul and Ella fame? If so, their last name is Leonard? Well, fuck a duck. Is that Paul and Ella?

I wondered about that, too, but this one seems slightly more literate.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 15, 2018, 03:00:44 PM
It was a serious compliment ever so slightly intermixed with my previous comment about Heather and her skills at making folks over the phone feel special.
But I get it. It is hard to discern a person's intent in a message without all the in real life cues.

You're welcome.

Aw, sorry. I've been a little distracted lately so am missing the subtlety in peoples posts a lot. I should be O.K. in a month or so.

Metron2267

Quote from: Rico999 on May 15, 2018, 03:01:59 PM
Yeah.  And her unwillingness to do any kind of self promotion, like making personal appearances or get a new photo of herself done isn't in her favor.

Despite her talent limitations, she had a golden opportunity with Art to really grow MITD, but she blew that one.   Hell, by contrast, Noory is the king of self promotion and it's worked out well for him. 

Yes she's carked it all up rather Artlessly...

;)

QuoteSpeaking of vultures, someone needs to ask her on open lines if she now takes back what she said about George Knapp...

Grief makes for intemperance in some.

You can't grasp that?

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 15, 2018, 02:52:39 PM
Maybe the blue pill isn't such a bad idea at all.

Nevermind the world scale damage to sovereignty, culture, tradition, the blue pilled are complicit in.

Your average bluepilled normie's diet, and consensus cult belief in modern medicine has yielded endless droves of millennials and gen z youtubing their ruin from terminal cancer diagnoses and chronic illnesses.  Half the population in burger land have multiple chronic illnesses now.  Given a choice, I think they'd much rather their minds broken a short while by the reality of X.

Metron2267

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 15, 2018, 03:09:03 PM

Awful stuff.. Wards was the tipple.

Beer from a town know for cutlery?

Huh.

That's the Maximum I'll say on the matter.

HumanBeing

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 15, 2018, 02:45:46 PM
Run Carl! Run!

The fact that Carl, Airyn's brother-in-law, is designing Heather's website leads me to suspect that Heather does have Airyn's 'blessing' to continue Art's #Legacy.
I could be wrong though. But it might help her out in any legal issues that may arise.

chefist

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 15, 2018, 03:12:33 PM
I wondered about that, too, but this one seems slightly more literate.

At first I thought it might be, but you are correct...Perhaps English is not the primary language for Paul and Ella...that or drugs and mental illness.

Quote from: Bart Ell on May 15, 2018, 02:50:05 PM
I guess it is only fair since many people spent the day reporting the fake MITD.
so who is steph wade that I see commenting on the arrbelllegacy handle? Praying not a sister.