• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 15, 2018, 02:24:22 PM
Unsurprisingly I believe your 'work' here fits the latter side of that cull.

Try and give me something to work with. You've been boring but I still haven't given up hope entirely. I'll just ignore you if this is all you have.

AZZERAE

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 15, 2018, 02:19:18 PM
There's no comparison. Would I rather hear a pro over a floundering dunce? Oddly, yes.

I kinda agree with you. Serious question: would you consider yourself closer to a skeptic or open to entertaining flights of fancy? You seem to lean more toward the skeptical side of things, but you are poetic...so maybe you believe in alien spacecraft and the like. Anyway, I'm curious.

Metron2267

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 15, 2018, 02:26:12 PM
This may be the dumbest argument I've ever read.
LOL

Of our 11 kids, 4 are over the age of 20 and on their own.
My finances are fine, I work doing something I love and my wife works. We take care of our own.
Thanks for the concern and weird discussion.

Now pass the Tide pods and let's all be friends.

Lol, that's refreshing humor for this joint.

Oh wait till they tire of Heather and turn on you...and I'll wager a Cherry Dr. Pepper it won't take long in the relative scheme of these soaps.

;D

Pizzapunch

LOL

My finances are fine, I work doing something I love and my wife works. We take care of our own.

Dave you're doing a fantastic job, but I'm curious why paranormal talk show hosts seem to be do damn fertile! A university needs to do a study. Genetic jackhammers!

AstroBuzz

MITD was Heather's to succeed or fail and she failed to hold subscribers in the long run. The only thing helping her towards the end was Art propping her up.

Now that Art is gone she should've done HER OWN thing instead of using Art's name and image to promote herself but she knows she's nothing without that. She's a leech.

Keith did the right thing firing her. Dude has been on one Hell of a rollercoaster ride with Art and he deserves to keep his new network running and producing.

Like I said, she'd be better off using her radio experience and applying at some Rock n Roll radio station somewhere as a DJ because she's not going to make enough money doing what she's doing now.

She should just be thankful Art Bell gave her a crash course in hosting a radio show and take that training and look for work in radio elsewhere.

It's all turning into a sad spectacle on her behalf.

Move on Heather. If "you got it" like Art told you, you don't need to be using his name and likeness to promote yourself. YOU ARE THE VULTURE you accused others of being when they were just showing their respect to a radio legend.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Pizzapunch on May 15, 2018, 02:30:57 PM
Dave you're doing a fantastic job, but I'm curious why paranormal talk show hosts seem to be do damn fertile! A university needs to do a study. Genetic jackhammers!

Art had only about half as many kids. So are you calling Art a slacker?  :o

;)

Metron2267

Quote from: LadyFish on May 15, 2018, 02:26:40 PM
You mean because she disclosed @ about 45 minutes into the show that she had been living in Art’s cuckshack since February 2016?

She had told everyone on FB that she had just moved to in March 2018 - she had detailed that she moved over 3 weekends as an explanation that she hadn’t interrupted her show during her move.

But now, everyone is supposed to take her word as the truth regarding her cigarette and moth Art stories. Truly these tales deserve the Dave Noory pizza roll video treatment. They would be epic.

Whitley seemed to be buying it, for whatever that's worth...

AZZERAE

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 15, 2018, 02:27:38 PM
Heather is strongly reminiscent of the "hosts" who ran Skypecasts back in the day.

Not fully professional, and perhaps there's a viable marketplace for self-publishing at Amazon too.

No...best leave that to Karen Jackson...

Karen sounds like Susan Collins

chefist

LOL

Cheers...

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Azzerae on May 15, 2018, 02:35:27 PM

Where are the clowns?

Oh, sorry. That's Judy.  ;D

Pizzapunch

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 15, 2018, 02:32:23 PM
Art had only about half as many kids. So are you calling Art a slacker?  :o

;)
Art was still going strong into his 70s so I gotta give the guy credit.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Pizzapunch on May 15, 2018, 02:38:23 PM
Art was still going strong into his 70s so I gotta give the guy credit.
;D

Metron2267

Quote from: AstroBuzz on May 15, 2018, 02:31:02 PM
MITD was Heather's to succeed or fail and she failed to hold subscribers in the long run. The only thing helping her towards the end was Art propping her up.

Indisputable, yes.

QuoteNow that Art is gone she should've done HER OWN thing instead of using Art's name and image to promote herself but she knows she's nothing without that. She's a leech.

But she's Art's hand-picked "leech" so there's that.

And frankly her comments on carrying his legacy forward do not register as inauthentic. imho.

QuoteKeith did the right thing firing her. Dude has been on one Hell of a rollercoaster ride with Art and he deserves to keep his new network running and producing.

Complete agreement - she shut his revenue stream down and potentially out had he not taken the helm back from her.

QuoteLike I said, she'd be better off using her radio experience and applying at some Rock n Roll radio station somewhere as a DJ because she's not going to make enough money doing what she's doing now.

Nope.

The whole DJ thing is a relic mostly of small town radio, even there automation tends to predominate. Fail. She needs to convert this scrap of a legacy and push it along to succeed at all.

QuoteShe should just be thankful Art Bell gave her a crash course in hosting a radio show and take that training and look for work in radio elsewhere.

It's all turning into a sad spectacle on her behalf.

She is perhaps over-thankful, which I see discomfits almost all here.

QuoteMove on Heather. If "you got it" like Art told you, you don't need to be using his name and likeness to promote yourself. YOU ARE THE VULTURE you accused others of being when they were just passing their respects to a radio legend.

Pot/kettle/Art forum vulture.

Metron2267

Quote from: Azzerae on May 15, 2018, 02:35:27 PM

More than a passing semblance, but smokier, a lot smokier...

Roswells, Art

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 15, 2018, 05:43:53 AM
I call complete and total bullshit on Heather's claim that Airyn says Alex saw a ghost, and that he said "papa".

Art posted the first photo of Alex in July of last year.  I don't know his exact birth date, but let's say he was born around then.

No baby is saying "papa".   Even if he were saying words, "da" would be about as complex as it gets.

She's full of shit.

I'm guessing they don't let her anywhere near the children. Did she actually say she is keeping the seat warm for Alex, a ten-month old baby?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Azzerae on May 15, 2018, 02:30:28 PM
I kinda agree with you. Serious question: would you consider yourself closer to a skeptic or open to entertaining flights of fancy? You seem to lean more toward the skeptical side of things, but you are poetic...so maybe you believe in alien spacecraft and the like. Anyway, I'm curious.

I'm pretty sceptical. That doesn't mean I refuse to believe anything, only that I need to see evidence first. We are so primed to see patterns where they don't exist that i don't trust witness statements unless they are backed up by proof of some kind. I don't think there are aliens as such, but there may be something happening that civilisations interpret differently down the ages.

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 15, 2018, 01:58:29 PM
They weren't baking, they were having the crap shot out of them, and do we get a thankyou for saving them? No. Your modern Greek is a total shower anyway. Fling them a few Drachmas to spend in the taverna and they couldn't care less what you did with them.

And they look rather lovely in Coptic Street, thank you very much. You probably can't see them very well anyway with that briar pipe stuck in your face.

Ah, the paternalism is on full display.  You'd think those centuries of Roman occupation that left such a wound on your national consciousness would help you understand how the rest of the world feels, but no!  Your elites collaborated, swilling their imported wine in mildewy villas.  I really think this is the reason for pale ghost that is the English soul.

You know what the new acropolis museum has?  Enormous windows where you can actually see the old hill and experience the changing native light in which they were made.  It's not perfect, but it's a damn sight better than that dismal bathtub you keep them in.

Metron2267

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 15, 2018, 02:36:55 PM
Where are the clowns?

Oh, sorry. That's Judy.  ;D
And when he comes to call
My pa ain't got a good word to say
Guess it's cause he's just
As wild in the younger days

Roswells, Art

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 14, 2018, 11:20:19 PM
Lasha is so 'kewl'. I bet even Aldous didn't hear about Art's last cigarette story before Lasha  ;D

Carl has his panties all in a knot over wordpress. Fear not though, Lasha will help any way she can. Maybe she can tell him to double check the prescription of his glasses.

Run Carl! Run!

Metron2267

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 15, 2018, 02:42:25 PM
I'm guessing they don't let her anywhere near the children. Did she actually say she is keeping the seat warm for Alex, a ten-month old baby?

She actually reported that she helps Airyn with the baby in the morning and that he's teething now.

And yes she did say that the show would one day be his.

Not sure why Asia wasn't mentioned.

Discuss.

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 15, 2018, 02:30:49 PM
Lol, that's refreshing humor for this joint.

Oh wait till they tire of Heather and turn on you...and I'll wager a Cherry Dr. Pepper it won't take long in the relative scheme of these soaps.

;D

Remember when everyone turned on Knapp? Oh wait, turns out if you're not a one retard drama farm, there's not much to be said, outside of good show or shit guest.

Catsmile

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 15, 2018, 02:24:12 PM
Since Wade's show is unsubscribable at the moment, I wonder how many people subscribed to Latenight in the Midlands thinking they were subscribing to Wade's show. Also I wonder how long it will take for Wade and Vara to get into an argument about him stealing her subs.

# Get Into an argument about the color of the sky.
# <Jugsaw - In Nye - Gootube.Videa>

timebandit

I thought heather was incredible..
facing insurmountable odds and hated equal to trumps
she emerged gloriously victorious..
like the 2nd coming only better..
I adore her..

#MyLife4Heather
#MySoul4Heather

Metron2267

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 15, 2018, 02:42:27 PM
I'm pretty sceptical. That doesn't mean I refuse to believe anything, only that I need to see evidence first. We are so primed to see patterns where they don't exist that i don't trust witness statements unless they are backed up by proof of some kind. I don't think there are aliens as such, but there may be something happening that civilisations interpret differently down the ages.

The profusion of what appear to be alien craft across so many cultures and faiths and their representation in art and cuneiform doesn't give you pause?

Well then, must be demons, long as we're parsing the "unseen".

AZZERAE

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 15, 2018, 02:42:27 PM

Fascinating. Yes, I approach such things in a similar way. Your last line has really got me thinking now. Thanks for that, SV.

Metron2267

Quote from: malachi.martini on May 15, 2018, 02:46:23 PM
Remember when everyone turned on Knapp? Oh wait, turns out if you're not a one retard drama farm, there's not much to be said, outside of good show or shit guest.

Pallid rationalization for pack behavior there.

Bart Ell

Quote from: Kolchak on May 15, 2018, 02:21:46 PM
Meanwhile, in the Facebook nazi bunker...

I guess it is only fair since many people spent the day reporting the fake MITD.

chefist

Quote from: timebandit on May 15, 2018, 02:47:11 PM
I thought heather was incredible..
facing insurmountable odds and hated equal to trumps
she emerged gloriously victorious..
like the 2nd coming only better..
I adore her..

#MyLife4Heather
#MySoul4Heather

Your one true love deserves honesty, Daniel. Please.

zeebo

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 15, 2018, 01:49:32 PM

Jigging for cod and pulling up one of these Sculpins is creepy. To be part of a name of a beer, dear god  ;D

No offense to Chefist, because he clearly has good culinary taste, but nothing flavored with grapefruit is a "beer".  Same goes for maple, raspberry, chocolate, chili pepper, hazelnut, cinnamon, or pumpkin.  Those may be tasty beverages.  But beer, my friends, tastes like beer.     ;)