• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Gingerwatch

I'm laughing so hard coffee came out my nose.  Swarm and attack...!  LOL  OK who is MV that all of you want to be the host?

bellNwhistle

Quote from: FallenSeraph on May 07, 2018, 05:57:26 PM
KEEP TAWKIN', YAWL!

I want this thread to beat the Falkie thread.  ;D

Do you think Art had his left nipple pierced?

Unmarried men in some countries have metal balls inserted into their penises, “for her pleasure”. They have them removed before they get married.. because those men are dicks.

I only know this because my husband’s roommate in college had this done. ::)

wr250

Quote from: WhiteCrow on May 07, 2018, 05:44:05 PM
Who is this "Schrader" nobody you and others are talking about?

Bellgabbers, swarm and attack,  Facebook and Twitter and  all media channels. Get Lasha on it too.
Call out Fort Rock and mobilize the scorpion army. MV must be protected. Is this another Keith F up?
Fort Rock is dead. long live the scorpion army. i think curtis is in charge of that now.

Gingerwatch

Quote from: Grifynne on May 07, 2018, 06:00:18 PM
No problem! I know it's tough to jump right into this thread, and it also gets frustrating when people have to repeat stuff. So maybe I'll just repost my post with updates every now and again. lol

I stopped listening to Heather early on. I just couldn't stand her voice or approach or anything. And it seemed to get worse. It was like she was trying to do a really bad Art Bell impersonation. She had no charisma and had a history of getting shitty with people on the air. Some people liked her at first, but I could not get into the show at all.

I will say two things about Noory: 1.) I think he was being genuine when announcing Art's death on the air and I appreciate that. 2.) You have to hand it to the guy for coming into the wolves den and mingling, even if he has ulterior motives. We don't see Heather around here and she used to be "one of us," so to speak (whatever "we" are).

And you have good timing if you want to hear the big event as it unfolds. I think you can listen live for free. Go to the site here: http://midnightinthedesert.com/ and I think it is one of the links under "Radio Show." Otherwise, you have to pay to get access to the archive.

A thousand times yes on your comments here! And,  I guess you have a point about Noory.  I know explanations aren't really the point of these threads but I really appreciate you taking the time.  This is all so nuts!
I also want to say that it's really wrong to think it was anyone's "right" to announce Art's death.  We, the fans, had the right to know!  I saw Heather's "vulture" comment to Knapp, after Knapp's 30 year plus relationship with Art, come on.......

PrairieGhost

Any guesses what the new shows opening will be?

Grifynne

Quote from: Gingerwatch on May 07, 2018, 06:01:07 PM
I'm laughing so hard coffee came out my nose.  Swarm and attack...!  LOL  OK who is MV that all of you want to be the host?

Who is MV!?

I think he was Art's landscaper.  ;)

SaucyRossy

Quote from: mv on May 07, 2018, 05:37:54 PM
Bart Ell Legacy might be one of my favorite BellGab chapters ever. I'm sorry you were banned for a short period a long time ago. What a big goddamned mistake that was. It adds to your street legacy, though.

It’s the one misstep in your reign.

dsz

Quote from: Catsmile on May 07, 2018, 05:52:39 PM
# I Take It You've Nevar Seen Any Of MDMDs Homoerotic YouToob Postings Then?

Haha is that really MDMD? His hair is better than mine. What does he do for frizz? Do he, Heather, and Crystal Gayle share secrets?

Catsmile

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 07, 2018, 04:55:38 PM
Heater Wad 4eva!
I am soooo happy you got in.

# Wait 4 It...
# ThatsWhatSheSaid

Sean92008

I hope that the new host well thank Heather for keeping the seat warm for him.

comaphobe

Quote from: PrairieGhost on May 07, 2018, 06:05:48 PM

The closing theme of WKRP should be the opening song.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: Gingerwatch on May 07, 2018, 05:50:50 PM
Wow Grifynne thank you so much for all those details!!  Oh my gosh that is kind of what I was getting from the Twitter comments but worse.  I apologize to anyone who is a fan but I thought Heather was a very substandard host.  It does make you wonder what her relationship was to Art.  Her behavior is just deplorable, zero gratitude or respect for all these opportunities she was given.
BLOWING MY MIND is when you said George Noory got onto these forums?!  He is the laughing stock of BellGab!  I guess he didn't read any of the threads ... !  I have laughed for HOURS at some of the funny stuff and Photoshopped images you BellGabbers have come up with here.
Gosh, Noory is really taking a controlling position in terms of *knowing* the host's secret identity, and injecting himself into the MiTD saga.  Gee why would he do that?  He has his own fifedoms: Coast, his dating service, the TV show that nobody watches.
AND BLOWING MY MIND is that you said the big REVEAL IS TONIGHT?!  Hot diggety!  Do we still have to pay to hear MiTD?  I can't miss this...
Thank you Grify and everyone here.  You guys are crazy funny.

Noory used to come in here frequently and amicably take a beating and answer his PMs here. I was proud of him! And at one time we had Art AND Noory popping in. Those were the good old days! **sniff**

Gingerwatch

They could go with "Harper Valley PTA" and change the lyrics to fit all the MiTD drama.

dsz

The Stones You Can't Always Get What You Want keeps coming to mind. Just that line looped over and over applies to the Schrader situation.

Dyna-X

Quote from: Gingerwatch on May 07, 2018, 05:39:33 PM
OK thank you for the information / confirmation.  My mind is whirring with questions.  Like, what made Heather go off her rocker?
The grief of losing her mentor Art exacerbated her existing issues, lets say. That and getting fired.
  For the record I quit listening to MITD after hearing her like twice.
Possibly you have better taste than some of us. Art tried to build her up to us.  I put up with the show as long as I could.
But my interest is piqued about this mystery host, and how did Heather quit or get pushed out...?
The new host we suspect has a C2C connection, due to a gratuitous shift in the time slot (that didn't happen) and their rehiring of Ian as a fill in and other tibits. Heather didn't show up to do a show for two weeks after Art died. Then Keith fired her citing the no call, no show (failure to provide a fill-in host) absence, declining ratings/affiliates and her plan to infiltrate Area 51 as potentially inciting listeners to commit an illegal act. She maintains she was "pushed out" and that Keith refused to return her calls. Keith has been seen as having more credulity mostly because he maintained professionalism. He also publicly put out an olive branch for her return a week before termination.
Also, I can't mention this anywhere but here, so... You know how Art married a super younger woman?  Well I like Dave Schrader but when he posted pics of his new wife - Jeeze they looked so much like Art and his wife, like, they were the Hallmark Movie of Art's life.  But I'm not being negative. 
Others here have had a field day here with this.
Just observing.  I love you guys.
Love you too, but this is Bellgab we can't appear too mushy :)

dsz

Quote from: Gingerwatch on May 07, 2018, 06:11:41 PM
They could go with "Harper Valley PTA" and change the lyrics to fit all the MiTD drama.

Could be. Jeanne C Reilly and Keith seem on the same plane. Surprised JBW doesn't have her on weekly.

"In the 1970s, she became a Born Again Christian and began recording gospel music.[7] As result of her conversion, she distanced herself from "PTA" for a time, due to its content. However, the song remained part of her live set and she still performs it in her shows. In 1980, she published her autobiography, From Harper Valley to the Mountain Top, which told her story of stardom in pop music to moving more into gospel music. The following year, she released a new gospel album with the same title."

Sean92008

Quote from: comaphobe on May 07, 2018, 06:08:14 PM
FIX'd
Wow, she doesn't look so "lesbian" now.  Aldous must have more outtakes and upskirts from the vault...

FallenSeraph

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 07, 2018, 06:01:32 PM
Do you think Art had his left nipple pierced?

Unmarried men in some countries have metal balls inserted into their penises, “for her pleasure”. They have them removed before they get married.. because those men are dicks.

I only know this because my husband’s roommate in college had this done. ::)

LOL! Well hell, I need to travel more.

None.  Douglas Dietrich has no opening music.  The gates open and he gets to work straight away

dsz

According to Keith this host can pack as much into three hours as anyone. How are Schrader's three hour packing skills?

bellNwhistle

Quote from: FallenSeraph on May 07, 2018, 06:15:15 PM
LOL! Well hell, I need to travel more.
The roommate was from Laos. In case you were researching flights.  ;D

Bluejay

Quote from: Gingerwatch on May 07, 2018, 05:11:37 PM
Hello, I kind of get that this thread is for zingers so I hope I'm not out of line here.  But I'm desperate.  I've been trying to keep up with the Twitter war that involves Heather, Keith, even sweet little old George Knapp and a bunch of others.  I know only the BellGab guys & gals can tell me.... WTF HAPPENED?!  It looks like Heather got upset and quit because Art died?  Keith suddenly hates Heather?  Heather hates everyone?  And Keith is trying to hype up a grand entrance to a new "mystery" host, but Snoory slipped up and told everyone it's Dave Schrader?  But what about Schrader's existing show?  I'm sorry all of this might be incorrect, I am just trying to gather the facts.

Grifynne

Quote from: Gingerwatch on May 07, 2018, 06:05:39 PM
A thousand times yes on your comments here! And,  I guess you have a point about Noory.  I know explanations aren't really the point of these threads but I really appreciate you taking the time.  This is all so nuts!
I also want to say that it's really wrong to think it was anyone's "right" to announce Art's death.  We, the fans, had the right to know!  I saw Heather's "vulture" comment to Knapp, after Knapp's 30 year plus relationship with Art, come on.......

I can relate. I have been a member of this forum since 2012 but really didn't post partly because it can be difficult to dive into it if you haven't been following the thread. There are so many references you don't know and behind-the-scenes shit. Even after listening to every Gabcast, there are still gaps in Bellgab lore. But once you're immersed in it, it's like quicksand. The more you struggle, the harder Bellgab sucks.  ;D

And as far as the Knapp comment, he did not deserve that at all. She came out of left field with that crap. She made the rounds responding to people in a really selfish way. Like responding to Shatner's condolences to the family with a comment that was focused on her. I'll attach screenshots of both conversations for reference.